PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller Rumour

SidBurns
28-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone heard that he has signed a pre-contract with the Yams!?!

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Yes

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Shhhssshhh, Keep it quiet, its a secret. :shhhsh!:

Craig_in_Prague
28-12-2010, 06:43 PM
is that not illegal until Jan 1st. :confused:

matty_f
28-12-2010, 06:45 PM
is that not illegal until Jan 1st. :confused:

Nope.

Should be an enjoyable reaction from the Yams if it's true, all I've heard from them since he signed for us is how pish he is. :greengrin

madabouthibs
28-12-2010, 06:47 PM
To be brutally honest, I hope to hell he has!!! :agree:

smurf
28-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Nope.

Should be an enjoyable reaction from the Yams if it's true, all I've heard from them since he signed for us is how pish he is. :greengrin

Well they have called it right he is.

Talent yes but no heart.

Dr Jimmy
28-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Where has this came from?
I find it a strange one considering they have Skacel.

Gala Foxes
28-12-2010, 07:05 PM
no loss on current form

Ritchie
28-12-2010, 07:10 PM
will come back to haunt us if true....

fatbloke
28-12-2010, 07:36 PM

This clown could have the ghosts of Christmas past, present and yet to come with him and still couldnae haunt anyone. Only thing that would haunt me is the memory of how sheeiite he is/was.

silverhibee
28-12-2010, 07:38 PM

Casper will scare the s--t out of him. :casper:

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 07:39 PM
This clown could have the ghosts of Christmas past, present and yet to come with him and still couldnae haunt anyone. Only thing that would haunt me is the memory of how sheeiite he is/was.

He's a quality player surrounded by *****. No doubt he's underperformed for us but there are plenty reasons why.

Another quality player leaves Easter Road:rolleyes:

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 07:39 PM
It appears to be correct and it is being suggested that he will be released for a nominal fee, if this comes to pass.

hibsbollah
28-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Oh dear:rolleyes:

essexhibee
28-12-2010, 07:43 PM
This would be a huge PR disaster.

fatbloke
28-12-2010, 07:44 PM
He's a quality player surrounded by *****. No doubt he's underperformed for us but there are plenty reasons why.

Another quality player leaves Easter Road:rolleyes:

fHas underachieved since he left the smellies. A luxury player we can ill afford these days - and a don't mean financially. We need 17 grafters between now and May. Shame he hasn't performed as we'd hoped but...

.Sean.
28-12-2010, 07:46 PM
We'll just have to wait and see wether or not he's been dropped for tomorrow night...

Dr Jimmy
28-12-2010, 07:46 PM
It appears to be correct and it is being suggested that he will be released for a nominal fee, if this comes to pass.

Hope it is not true, but if it is then **** the nominal fee and let him sit in the stand for 5 months.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 07:55 PM
This would be a huge PR disaster.

WHY ?

A Highly Paid Consistent Under Acheiver Leaves the club, in his time at the club we were on our worst run ever and he had little or no impact.

What is the down side ?

Danny_Hibee
28-12-2010, 07:57 PM
im sure his agent was was trying to get a deal sorted with them before he came to us. cant remember why it didnt go through

just_joe
28-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't wanna sound controversial but i feel Liam Miller would play alot better for Hearts. i agree with the poster who says he has **** around him so therefore it makes him look just as bad. With players like Skacel,templeton etc around him im sure he would play alot better.

Del Boy
28-12-2010, 07:59 PM
heard that today as well but thought it was crap :confused:. No big loss if he does go but if true he shouldnt play again for us IMO.

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Hope it is not true, but if it is then **** the nominal fee and let him sit in the stand for 5 months.

This seems to confirm everything that I've been told over the last week. By all accounts Hearts are touting several players in various swap deals, notably Ian Black but I don't know if this was the proposal in relation to Liam Miller.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Don't think he can haunt us if we're in a different division. :wink:

hibsbollah
28-12-2010, 08:02 PM
It might explain his less-than-committed attitude over the last few months:rolleyes:
I have my suspicions that (if true) this may have been on the cards for a while.

hibsbollah
28-12-2010, 08:03 PM
This seems to confirm everything that I've been told over the last week. By all accounts Hearts are touting several players in various swap deals, notably Ian Black but I don't know if this was the proposal in relation to Liam Miller.

:shocked:
Don't say that, even in jest.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2010, 08:04 PM
It might explain his less-than-committed attitude over the last few months:rolleyes:
I have my suspicions that (if true) this may have been on the cards for a while.

I just thought Liam Miller was a lazy, buck passing, taking no responsibility imposter..... Happy to pick up decent wages, but not willing to graft for it.... IMO of course

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't wanna sound controversial but i feel Liam Miller would play alot better for Hearts. i agree with the poster who says he has **** around him so therefore it makes him look just as bad. With players like Skacel,templeton etc around him im sure he would play alot better.

Jordan your pushing it there, these players are ok but they have real limitations. The extend of their skills does not extend to carrying people beyond themselves.

matty_f
28-12-2010, 08:05 PM
The Yams can f*** right off with the idea of a swap deal - take their cast off so they can get the man they want? Aye, right then!:bitchy:

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 08:06 PM
:shocked:
Don't say that, even in jest.

As I said I can't say this with total accuracy or if this was directly related to a swap deal for Liam Miller but Ian Black's time at Tyne seems to be at an end.

al bundy
28-12-2010, 08:07 PM
good luck to him, no heart or desire

see ya

truehibernian
28-12-2010, 08:11 PM
A fit Sean Welsh will be more than adequate cover.

Will believe the LM rumour when I read that he has signed. Until then, it is just rumour.

Dr Jimmy
28-12-2010, 08:13 PM
A fit Sean Welsh will be more than adequate cover.

Will believe the LM rumour when I read that he has signed. Until then, it is just rumour.

Who was the former yam midfielder we were linked with for weeks and nothing happened?
This has the making of one if these. I will believe it when I see it.

muirhousehibby
28-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Ian Black will not be coming to hibs. Another rumour put to bed.:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
28-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Who was the former yam midfielder we were linked with for weeks and nothing happened?
This has the making of one if these. I will believe it when I see it.

Bruno Aguiar wasn't it?

fife hfc
28-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I would drop Miller at the moment as he is just as rank rotten as rankin and nish. He has more ability than those two but unlike them he is gutless. If he had the guts to match the ability he would be a cracking player. But if this rumour is true I would dump him from the team and not let him near the first team again.

matty_f
28-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Bruno Aguiar wasn't it?

Julien Brellier.:agree:

truehibernian
28-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Don't forget we were linked with Michael Stewart coming back this summer too.

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Ian Black will not be coming to hibs. Another rumour put to bed.:thumbsup:

Well it wasn't a rumour, it was a statement that Hearts are trying to dispose of a player. Regardless of this, the more salient point and more important issue is that an other club appear to believe that we are vulnerable and have the confidence to approach key players.

We should also consider that all of this may be a negotiating position by the player or their agent.

keep the faith
28-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Don't forget we were linked with Michael Stewart coming back this summer too.

we could do with his fight at the moment thats for sure. I wonder if he is settled in Turkey.... :duck:

woody47
28-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe if he spent less time in the boozer he could recover some of his quality. However, he plays as if he really doesn't give a flying one. Unless you want to talk about some of the cynical fouls he is quite good at:bitchy:

PISTOL1875
28-12-2010, 09:32 PM
If LM went to Tynie he would flourish because Hertz have players who will happily put the boot in and do the naughty work.. (eg. Black , Jonnson ).. If we had players like these then you would see a better display from Miller...

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 09:37 PM
If LM went to Tynie he would flourish because Hertz have players who will happily put the boot in and do the naughty work.. (eg. Black , Jonnson ).. If we had players like these then you would see a better display from Miller...

What exactly has Murray's role been for the past 5 weeks :confused:

PISTOL1875
28-12-2010, 09:38 PM
What exactly has Murray's role been for the past 5 weeks :confused:

How long has Miller been with Hibs ????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed:

the happy hibee
28-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I believe we would have another hartley on our hands with him coming back 2 haunt us if he went to them!

jdships
28-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Putting all these rumours aside does anyone else find it strange/interesting /baffling that SIXTEEN PLAYERS are, on 1st January , in a position to sign "pre contract" agreements with any club and walk away for nothing at the end of the season. :confused:

Is it an intentional ploy to get rid of unwanted players - or what ?
dunno:

matty_f
28-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Putting all these rumours aside does anyone else find it strange/interesting /baffling that SIXTEEN PLAYERS are, on 1st January , in a position to sign "pre contract" agreements with any club and walk away for nothing at the end of the season. :confused:

dunno:

One would certainly hope so!

Bostonhibby
28-12-2010, 09:48 PM

dunno:

I doubt if more than 2 or 3 of them have been approached by other clubs clamouring to add their talents to their squads, not exactly been putting themselves in the shop window recently - through it maybe!

stubru59
28-12-2010, 09:57 PM

dunno:

With possibly one, at most two exceptions, these players need to be moved on.

But, you're absolutely right, we could find ourselves in a situation in which our SPL survival depends on players who have signed pre-contracts with another club.

Not a nice place to be.

Kaiser1962
28-12-2010, 10:04 PM

dunno:

I'm sure both Yogi and Rod commented that it was planned this way.

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Well it wasn't a rumour, it was a statement that Hearts are trying to dispose of a player. Regardless of this, the more salient point and more important issue is that an other club appear to believe that we are vulnerable and have the confidence to approach key players.

We should also consider that all of this may be a negotiating position by the player or their agent.

It's not got anything to do with Hearts thinking we're vulnerable! Millers contract runs out in May 2011, so he's free to speak to other clubs now.

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 10:33 PM
It's not got anything to do with Hearts thinking we're vulnerable! Millers contract runs out in May 2011, so he's free to speak to other clubs now.

At the moment Miller is not contractually entitled to formally speak to any club - fact. Our club is in a vulnerable and precarious position this does not merely effect the retention of 'key' players but our ability to attract 'fresh' talent.

Look, many on this forum advocate the signing of Leigh Griffiths because Dundee are in a 'vulnerable' situation. Do you think other clubs are not looking at our difficult but different situation and applying the same logic?

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 10:49 PM
At the moment Miller is not contractually entitled to speak to any club - fact. Our club is in a vulnerable and precarious position this does not merely effect the retention of 'key' players but our ability to attract 'fresh' talent.

Look, many on this forum advocate the signing of Leigh Griffiths because Dundee are in a 'vulnerable' situation. Do you think other clubs are not looking at our difficult but different situation and applying the same logic?

Vulnerable and precarious position? Financially we're in a better position than most in the SPL. Ok, things aren't great on the pitch, but hopefully with players coming back from injury and a couple of additions in the transfer window things will improve.

Have Hibs offered Miller another contract? even if they had it's common knowledge that Hearts are willing to pay 3 or 4 times what we can afford. It's not about being vulnerable, it's about not putting yourself 40 million in debt.

If we were losing players who had a couple of years of a contract left i'd be worried. Players who are in the last 6 months of their contract choosing to move on is part of modern football.

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 10:53 PM
At the moment Miller is not contractually entitled to formally speak to any club - fact. Our club is in a vulnerable and precarious position this does not merely effect the retention of 'key' players but our ability to attract 'fresh' talent.

It's been stated on here his contract runs out in May 2011, and he's now within the final 6 months of his contract. As such, he can sign a pre-contract.

Captain Trips
28-12-2010, 10:54 PM
WHY ?

A Highly Paid Consistent Under Acheiver Leaves the club, in his time at the club we were on our worst run ever and he had little or no impact.

What is the down side ?

The downside is that Hearts took the better of the crap under performers, PR disaster IMO. Not bothered abot LM as I have never thought that good and my posts from day 1 back that, I do think the principle of the idea is a PR disaster though.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 11:02 PM
The downside is that Hearts took the better of the crap under performers, PR disaster IMO. Not bothered abot LM as I have never thought that good and my posts from day 1 back that, I do think the principle of the idea is a PR disaster though.

Sorry, I dont see it. Most say Liam is a great player with no Heart but his career has been on a downward spiral for about 7 years. He can maybe change it but to do that he would have to change that I am not sure he is capable.

If Hearts want a guy that has consistently proved not good enough they are welcome they can put what ever spin they like on it but he is now been hauled off a few times and subbed as he is simply not good enough

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2010, 11:23 PM
dunno:

I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate ploy by Yogi. We need to bin them all - even though they know that they'll be out of work in the summer none of them have been able to raise their game in the hope of getting a new contract.

BTW why are we all assuming this rumour about Miller's fact? Hearts fans start a rumour about signing a Hibs player every year and as far as I can remember they've yet to close the deal on any of them - O'Connor (3 or 4 times), Riordan Brown, Mowbray have all been "linked" in the last few years.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate ploy by Yogi. We need to bin them all - even though they know that they'll be out of work in the summer none of them have been able to raise their game in the hope of getting a new contract.

BTW why are we all assuming this rumour about Miller's fact? Hearts fans start a rumour about signing a Hibs player every year and as far as I can remember they've yet to close the deal on any of them - O'Connor (3 or 4 times), Riordan Brown, Mowbray have all been "linked" in the last few years.

Michael Stewart :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Michael Stewart :cool2:

True but I was meaning ones we'd be bothered about.:greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 11:36 PM
True but I was meaning ones we'd be bothered about.:greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin

CB_NO3
28-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I want Miller out, he has been poor for us. No fight, no bottle. You can count the number of good games he has had on one hand.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I want Miller out, he has been poor for us. No fight, no bottle. You can count the number of good games he has had on one hand.

I'll give him 3 or 4 months of being good/excellent out of the 18 months he's been here.

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Vulnerable and precarious position? Financially we're in a better position than most in the SPL. Ok, things aren't great on the pitch, but hopefully with players coming back from injury and a couple of additions in the transfer window things will improve.

Have Hibs offered Miller another contract? even if they had it's common knowledge that Hearts are willing to pay 3 or 4 times what we can afford. It's not about being vulnerable, it's about not putting yourself 40 million in debt.

If we were losing players who had a couple of years of a contract left i'd be worried. Players who are in the last 6 months of their contract choosing to move on is part of modern football.

You use the word 'hopefully' and it is that which is the precariousness of our situation. Are you advocating prayer?

We are vulnerable to relegation, we are vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs, we are vulnerable to our own complancy in respect to our financial situation. The first division is no respector of balances sheets, no matter how healthy.

McIntosh
28-12-2010, 11:58 PM
It's been stated on here his contract runs out in May 2011, and he's now within the final 6 months of his contract. As such, he can sign a pre-contract.

Miller contract formally expires on the 10th of September 2011.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20090911/liam-miller_2262950_1794004

ScottB
29-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Miller is the embodiment of the reality of the claims of some on here that we should be going after more 'big names.'

Lets punt him, he'll free up a whole heap of cash to bring in other players. No doubt Hearts will be offering some stupid amount a week to him, which will suit him fine no doubt.

silverhibee
29-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Miller contract formally expires on the 10th of September 2011.

I will say they have got that wrong and say that his contract runs out in May.

since90plustwo
29-12-2010, 12:37 AM
would be sad to loose him as when the team plays well miller shines e.g. rangers this year. last season he was different class when we had a bit of confidence about our team, think if we get that back miller will be back at his best, and i think it would come back to haunt us if we did let him go

McIntosh
29-12-2010, 12:49 AM
I will say they have got that wrong and say that his contract runs out in May.

I understand where people are coming from with the 31st of May - that is the release clause date. However, Liam Miller signed a two year contract and the source for this is the official club webpage. If anyone can provide an alternative date from an equally valid written source, one must believe that this information is 100% accurate.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 12:52 AM
I understand where people are coming from with the 31st of May - that is the release clause date. However, Liam Miller signed a two year contract and the source for this is the official club webpage. If anyone can provide an alternative date from an equally valid written source, one must believe that this information is 100% accurate.

It's not a valid source or that but can contracts end outwith the transfer windows? I thought all contracts now ended in either January or June?

If it ends on 11/9/11 (and he leaves) then he could be out of football for 3-4 months waiting on the next transfer window opening?

silverhibee
29-12-2010, 01:00 AM
It's not a valid source or that but can contracts end outwith the transfer windows? I thought all contracts now ended in either January or June?

If it ends on 11/9/11 (and he leaves) then he could be out of football for 3-4 months waiting on the next transfer window opening?

His contract ends in May along with a few other players who's contracts run out at the same time as his does.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 01:04 AM

Two year will often mean two season. LM will not have a contract expiry outside a window - why would he sign such a deal?

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 01:06 AM
His contract ends in May along with a few other players who's contracts run out at the same time as his does.

:agree: Spot on.

gringojoe
29-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Miller is the embodiment of the reality of the claims of some on here that we should be going after more 'big names.'

Lets punt him, he'll free up a whole heap of cash to bring in other players. No doubt Hearts will be offering some stupid amount a week to him, which will suit him fine no doubt.

Does anybody know what sort of wage he is on?

ScottB
29-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Does anybody know what sort of wage he is on?

No idea, I've seen claims on here of up to £5k a week.

Certainly I would think he is among the top earners at the club.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 01:21 AM
No idea, I've seen claims on here of up to £5k a week.

Certainly I would think he is among the top earners at the club.

Among the top earners - yes, hence we are only paying him until the end of May. I don't believe he is on £5k p/w.

Stew the Hibee
29-12-2010, 01:21 AM

If he's a free agent then he could sign for any team at any time

matty_f
29-12-2010, 01:33 AM

Only if he's a free agent when the window closes.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 01:55 AM

And RP would agree to this why?

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Not really sure how anyone on here could be happy about this. You jst know fine well that he will go there(if rumours are true)and shine, its a fact. Bet noone on here was too fussed when they signed Hartley. The yams will be buzzin thinking they've got one up on us and our squad is so **** right now that I really dont think we can afford to be losing anyone, let alone one of very, very few players we have with any sort of ability at all. Yes he has been awful recently but so has everyone. If he goes to them he will play like he did in his first 6 months for us, guaranteed. If he wants to move on down south in the summer then I wouldnt be overly fussed but cant understand why so many are claiming to not be fussed about one of our players signing for them...

MrSmith
29-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Hibs are in a mess right now - from top to bottom! I'm in a state of cannae be arsed with them because it is so, so boring and we are going back to the days when we signed no-one in any window.

Mr Petrie, you have been good for Hibs however take note, if we do get relegated this season, I hold you personally responsible for allowing this to happen. The signs are there, the team is *****, jury out on the management team and finally the players on the books quite obviously do not want to play for the club nor care what may occur in the next few months. Grow a spine, sack them now and let them come at you! If law is based on the reasonable man then video evidence will prove that this lot of *****e have not acted as professional players should nor performed to a reasonable standard given the privileges they are afforded.

Hibs bland since...always

steakbake
29-12-2010, 07:50 AM
This is madness of a thread. I've been pishin myself lauging at it.

To summarise for those just joining it: i) we've got a vague idea that LM's contract is up. ii) He may or may not be able to sign a precontract agreement elsewhere. iii) And we've the completely unsubstantiated rumour that he's done so with hearts... as well as another rumour that Hmfc have no interest in him whatsoever.

degenerated
29-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Among the top earners - yes, hence we are only paying him until the end of May. I don't believe he is on £5k p/w.

he signed a two year deal in september 2009, so it appears that this is based on a whole load of wind and p!sh.

can you elucidate as to where you plucked the month of May as when his contract expires?

s.a.m
29-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Not really sure how anyone on here could be happy about this. You jst know fine well that he will go there(if rumours are true)and shine, its a fact. Bet noone on here was too fussed when they signed Hartley. The yams will be buzzin thinking they've got one up on us and our squad is so **** right now that I really dont think we can afford to be losing anyone, let alone one of very, very few players we have with any sort of ability at all. Yes he has been awful recently but so has everyone. If he goes to them he will play like he did in his first 6 months for us, guaranteed. If he wants to move on down south in the summer then I wouldnt be overly fussed but cant understand why so many are claiming to not be fussed about one of our players signing for them...

That's where I am with it. I don't particularly like him, but we know he's capable of better, and I'm hopeful that - if we manage a revival - he'll play a useful role. I don't want Hearts to benefit from the ability he has, should the team be playing well / should he be surrounded by the right players / should the planets be correctly aligned. He's capable of turning it on for a few months, at least.

sunshine1875
29-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Funny the reaction of many on this thread, especially when for every "Team for ............" thread Liam Miller is usually in all teams posted.

Is that because he is one of our better players and/or there is no-one else to choose?

I think the problem with Liam Miller is there for all to see. A player who thinks he is better than he really is, someone who does have the skill but there is a piece missing (determination to succeed?). I don't go along with the "if he had better players around him......" view as he had better players at ManU & Sunderland and was found wanting. No, the problem with Liam Miller is Liam Miller!

Good player, but no great loss. The Hertz rumour is nothing more than an attempt to raise his media profile. After all, his time on the pitch is hardly doing it.

BEEJ
29-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Two year will often mean two season. LM will not have a contract expiry outside a window - why would he sign such a deal?
:agree: Yes, I wouldn't take literally the wording on the official site.

Contracts that run part way into a season would be highly unusual - although Deeks had one when he was last at ER.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Miller would not be a great loss for us, but he'd be an excellent signing for Hearts. He'd be surrounded by strong, pacy, aggressive players, playing in an organised system, and could get on with he does best, add a bit of class, instead of chasing lost causes. Yes, he can't tackle to save himself, but he'd be surrounded by motivated ball-winners instead of clueless buffoons who couldn't give the proverbial toss.

Paul Hart can't understand why we're doing so badly. Well Paul, the answer lies in your own words. Anybody who uses the term 'John Rankin' and 'quality' in the same sentence is clearly living on a different planet to the rest of us.

The Hibs players all seem great chaps, and I'm sure would be excellent company on the barstools of George Street. Such a pity that this troublesome annoyance called 'association football' -which they clearly detest- tends to get in the way.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm not worried about Miller not resigning..

If rumours are true, we're about to tie up JR for another good few years :thumbsup:

:fibber:

Expecting Rain
29-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm not worried about Miller not resigning..

If rumours are true, we're about to tie up JR for another good few years :thumbsup:

:fibber:

If Riordan and Miller read this board you couldn`t blame them for wanting to leave, it seems that Hibs are just as poor off the pitch in their analysis as they are at playing on it at the moment.

aberhibsfc
29-12-2010, 09:57 AM
It's a case of be careful what you wish for.

We are all hurting badly that things are not going well for us and it would take a visionary of magic proportions to see the light at the end of the tunnel just now, or just finishing the season with SPL football secured.

If Miller stays in the SPL I believe he will come back and damage us. Especially if it's with them. They are going well and I've no doubt if this was to come true it would get him back on track.

This rumour was probably first outed on Sickbag and has grown arms and legs since.

I am under no illusion that Miller is not playing well, but 10 points to anyone to point out who has. He needs to get his act together as do others but this is not only the responisibility of the players, it's the management, the board and the fans.

You pays your money you have your right to voice your opinion but I have no doubt the atmosphere at ER is not condusive supporting the team exit this rut. It's difficult enough to battle it out against another 11 without being jeered by your own fans.

We are in a precarious position and as bleek as it is we all have to dig deep and do our bit to reach a platform to keep us in this league until we can review things in the summer.

To the posters whom said it would be a bad PR move, their right, can't think of a better expression than Sir Fergies regards Real Madrid 'I wouldnae sell them a virus'.

JCHibby
29-12-2010, 10:02 AM
If Riordan and Miller read this board you couldn`t blame them for wanting to leave, it seems that Hibs are just as poor off the pitch in their analysis as they are at playing on it at the moment.

Very well said!

GreenPJ
29-12-2010, 10:03 AM

If players read these boards you would have hoped they would be putting in every last inch of effort they could to get some results for Hibs and show some personal pride.

Dirkster23
29-12-2010, 10:04 AM
You use the word 'hopefully' and it is that which is the precariousness of our situation. Are you advocating prayer?

We are vulnerable to relegation, we are vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs, we are vulnerable to our own complancy in respect to our financial situation. The first division is no respector of balances sheets, no matter how healthy.

I used the word 'hopefully' because i don't have a crystal ball. There's another dozen teams in the league that hope their form improves.

You initially stated that other clubs see Hibs as vulnerable and as such have the confidence to approach our keys players. That's just nonsense- Liam Miller has or is about to enter the last 6 months of his contract. He's free to talk to any club he wants to. It's got nothing to do with Hibs league or financial position and more with Hearts willingness to pay inflated wages despite being millions in debt.

Expecting Rain
29-12-2010, 10:08 AM
If players read these boards you would have hoped they would be putting in every last inch of effort they could to get some results for Hibs and show some personal pride.

Some people think that losing Miller and Riordan wouldn`t be a bad thing, i`m surprised that Bamba hasn`t been brought into the equation, as i`ve said on numerous occasions nobody is beyond criticism but there is a massive queue before you get to our best players.

JimBHibees
29-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Sounds like the sort of story FJK would deliberately put out in derby week to try and put the player off. Can remember him putting out a picture of Darren Jackson as a Hearts mascot when he was playing for Hibs on the eve of the derby. Sounds like mischief making.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 10:15 AM

:agree:

It's like when you were at school and you REALLY fancied this lassie but then she ended up bagging oaf with yer best pal, you'd just say..

"Am no bothered! Didnae even fancy her that much anyway!"

Even though every one kent you did..

This is the same scenario :agree:

Sorta :cool2:

Pretty Boy
29-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Some people think that losing Miller and Riordan wouldn`t be a bad thing, i`m surprised that Bamba hasn`t been brought into the equation, as i`ve said on numerous occasions nobody is beyond criticism but there is a massive queue before you get to our best players.

It's been pretty embarassing reading these boards over the last few days. The effort that has gone into slaughtering Miller has been puzzling me to say the least. Yes he isn't playing well, i criticised him pretty harshly after the derby myself and rightsly so IMO. However there are far bigger problmes ate ER at the moment.

On Saturday past anyone who can accuse him of lack of effort is seeing what they want to see. He was the one player willing to put his foot on the ball and try to make something happen. When you have less movement than a morgue ahead of and around you i'd imagine this is a bit difficult.

What confused me even more after Saturday was that whilst Miller was being slaughtered we had a thread full of gushing praise for David Wotherspoon and the usual 7/10 and 8/10 marks for Ian Murray. Without using the phrases 'great shift', 'gives 100%' or 'captain material' can anyone actually tell me what Ian Murray brings to the team? Ok he puts in a few decent tackles that are crowd pleasing, although generally he has to make these tackles due to his piss poor first touch or his giving the ball away. Once a man gets away from him he is screwed because he has no pace to get back in position. He offers little in the way of creativity, he is a poor passer of the ball and he doesn't contribute many goals. Don't even get me started on that thread about Wotherspoon, he was ok on Saturday but the way some folk were going on you would have thought he played like Messi. He has potential, no more no less at the moment.

There are plenty of problems at ER at the moment, seeing players like Derek Riordan and Liam Miller leave aren't going to solve these problems. Pretty much every other player in the squad is more expendable than those two.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Where has this came from?
I find it a strange one considering they have Skacel.

And rumoured to be close to singing Bryson from Killie

Expecting Rain
29-12-2010, 10:41 AM

It's been pretty embarassing reading these boards over the last few days. The effort that has gone into slaughtering Miller has been puzzling me to say the least. Yes he isn't playing well, i criticised him pretty harshly after the derby myself and rightsly so IMO. However there are far bigger problmes ate ER at the moment.

On Saturday past anyone who can accuse him of lack of effort is seeing what they want to see. He was the one player willing to put his foot on the ball and try to make something happen. When you have less movement than a morgue ahead of and around you i'd imagine this is a bit difficult.

What confused me even more after Saturday was that whilst Miller was being slaughtered we had a thread full of gushing praise for David Wotherspoon and the usual 7/10 and 8/10 marks for Ian Murray. Without using the phrases 'great shift', 'gives 100%' or 'captain material' can anyone actually tell me what Ian Murray brings to the team? Ok he puts in a few decent tackles that are crowd pleasing, although generally he has to make these tackles due to his piss poor first touch or his giving the ball away. Once a man gets away from him he is screwed because he has no pace to get back in position. He offers little in the way of creativity, he is a poor passer of the ball and he doesn't contribute many goals. Don't even get me started on that thread about Wotherspoon, he was ok on Saturday but the way some folk were going on you would have thought he played like Messi. He has potential, no more no less at the moment.

There are plenty of problems at ER at the moment, seeing players like Derek Riordan and Liam Miller leave aren't going to solve these problems. Pretty much every other player in the squad is more expendable than those two.

Yeah, pretty much the way i see it, though i`d rather the Hibs fans were less judgemental regarding Wotherspoon and Hanlon who are youngsters that have been put under far too much pressure in terms of responsibility, Murray seems to have been adopted by the hardcore Hibs fans and certainly deserves respect for his commitment to the cause but sometimes the reaction is way over the top, there is also a complete lack of respect towards Petrie imo, it has been the managers who have let us down in the last few years with their inability to get the most out of the players that they have, especially in a dire league such as the SPL.

Dirkster23
29-12-2010, 10:53 AM

Is there really anything wrong with people praising a young lad for palying well :confused:

Wotherspoon has recently shown signs of getting back the form he had when he broke into the team. He's taking on his man and showing a willingness to run at players, something we really lack as a team.

He's no Messi, but if he can play like that most weeks he'll be an asset to Hibs.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Is there really anything wrong with people praising a young lad for palying well :confused:

Wotherspoon has recently shown signs of getting back the form he had when he broke into the team. He's taking on his man and showing a willingness to run at players, something we really lack as a team.

He's no Messi, but if he can play like that most weeks he'll be an asset to Hibs.

Not at all. I like Wotherspoon and he will be a good player for us sometime soon. He has bags of potential.

I just didn't think he was that good on Saturday. Best of a bad bunch would be how i would describe him. He beat his man and showed willingness to run at his man a few times, there was a hell of a lot more times when he seemed to determined to cut back on himself andd in to trouble. He's young though and he will learn with experience.

Adding to what Churchy said above i don't think it would be a bad thing if we could use both Hanlon and Wotherspoon a bit more sparingly as it must be a horrible atmosphere and environment for 2 young lads to be playing in at the moment. Hanlon was poor at the weekend and it would be a shame to see the fans turn on him, there was also a few who began to have a go at Wotherspoon towards the end of last season. Unfortunately given the chronic lack of quality we have at the moment i don't believe we are in a position where we can afford to drop out 2 decent young players.

allezsauzee
29-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Liam Miller is a good player who is off form....why get rid of a player as soon as he is off form? We'd never keep anyone for any length of time.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-12-2010, 11:20 AM

:top marks:

keep the faith
29-12-2010, 11:49 AM

At last. Sense.

aberhibsfc
29-12-2010, 11:58 AM

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2010, 12:14 PM

Spot on imo, a hammer thrower, and not a very good one at that. Although he clatters into folk now and then, thats what we all want. :rolleyes:

3pm
29-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Spot on imo, a hammer thrower, and not a very good one at that. Although he clatters into folk now and then, thats what we all want. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with having a 'hammer thrower' if they are effective at what they do.

Cropley10
29-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Wait till Albion 'Hibs' gets here - he'll set you right on Ian Murray :wink:

As for the rest PB, well you can't stop players moving on to bigger and better things, you see. We've tried spending more than we could afford in the past and it didn't work. Are the club supposed to bankrupt themselves trying to hang on to these guys? We'll survive, even if we get relegated. etc etc etc etc.

J-C
29-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I didn't see Sir Alex at Man U getting rid of Rooney or Berbatov when they went off form a bit, infact he stuck by Berbatov and just look at him this season. Some people have short memories, Miller was perhaps our best player only last season when we were flying high, why?........well he had McBride beside him allowing him to play his natural game and also a potent strike force scoring goals for fun, now we are struggling his game is muted and he's out his comfort zone playing a more defensive tackling game, which as we all know just aint him.

J-C
29-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Wait till Albion 'Hibs' gets here - he'll set you right on Ian Murray :wink:

As for the rest PB, well you can't stop players moving on to bigger and better things, you see. We've tried spending more than we could afford in the past and it didn't work. Are the club supposed to bankrupt themselves trying to hang on to these guys? We'll survive, even if we get relegated. etc etc etc etc.

I don't think anyone is advocating spending proper silly money on players but recently our scouting system seems to be pants. Under Mcleish and Mowbray we unearthed wee gems like Sproule,Jones,Shiels,Bouzy,Murphy,Killen,Zemamma and Benji......under the last 3 managers we've had HKT,Keenan,O'Brien,Kerr,Zibi,Zarabi,Donaldson,Noub issie and Van Zanten.

Enough said.:confused:

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I thought that 'hammer thrower' Ian Murray had two chances cleared off the line late on Sunday.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I thought that 'hammer thrower' Ian Murray had two chances cleared off the line late on Sunday.

:agree: That's what I thought as well.

Him and Wotherspoon were our best players on Sunday, by a mile.

Murray has been poor defensively in recent months but I think he adds something to us in the middle of the park.

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 01:33 PM
:agree: That's what I thought as well.

Him and Wotherspoon were our best players on Sunday, by a mile.

Murray has been poor defensively in recent months but I think he adds something to us in the middle of the park.
He certainly gives us the much-needed bite we've been lacking in midfield :agree:

Albion Hibs
29-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Cant believe I missed this one!

On no actually I can....this was a thread about Liam Miller not an Ian Murray abusing thread!

Murray was on the ball more than any midfielder on the park on Sunday, he won the ball front Hartley which led to our goal and then had two shots cleared off the line, as well as countless other defensive acts - not a bad shift and that was just Sundays game.

As for this slow shout he consistently gets I dont know where that comes from, he showed on a couple of occasions that over any distance he is quicker than younger players like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Miller and perhaps even Hart.

There are fans on here that will consistently slate him and go for the usual, he is to slow, he is not a left back shout based on nothing other than it makes them feel like they know something more about football than they really do.

Murray was decent at left back for us last season, I would like to see Grounds, Hanlon or Booth play a season at LB with Riordan in front of them - a weakness that not only the national manager picked up on, but every manager that played against us last season, I am sure that anyone who saw any game will say that was pretty evident - for the avoidance of doubt not a slate of Riordan, he is a striker, and an excellent one at that, tracking back is just not something he does well.

Anyway, back to Miller. Heard the rumour myself sometime ago. He is a very good player and I would not like to see him go. This I am sure, as a couple of folk said above, be a hertz tactic on the run up to the derby.

We will have our valuation of him, hertz will have theres, if it comes down to what we offer V's what they offer I am sure we could lose out. Thereafter it will be down to him. All I can say is I hope he says.

Mikey_1875
29-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Someones surely at the wind up. Disaster if true as he CAN be a brilliant player.

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I am no fan of of LM flatters to decieve IMO, one of the many that I wouldnt really worry about leaving. That said I would prefer others going first so I wouldnt like to see us without him left with what we have. Him going to Hearts just does not help Hibs at all.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 05:05 PM
If he had the right players around him he would be more than an asset.

PaulSmith
29-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Absent tonight and didn't look like he was carrying an injury..

3pm
29-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Absent tonight and didn't look like he was carrying an injury..

How do you know that?

essexhibee
29-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Is he not in the squad at all? Know hes for defo not in the starting eleven.

JUDAS. :greengrin

PaulSmith
29-12-2010, 06:58 PM
On pitch warming up and confirmed sub

RickyS
29-12-2010, 11:07 PM
On pitch warming up and confirmed sub

some boo's in the East when he came on due to rumours of his pre-contract with the Uglies sweeping the stand, anyone else hear?

bingo70
29-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Heard the boos...anyone that takes a daft rumour from here as a big enough reason to boo one of our own players is a complete idiot, for want of a stronger phrase, I mean c'Mon, do they not see how much ***** gets said? Anyone that did that tonight needs to ask serious questions of themselves

Onceinawhile
29-12-2010, 11:35 PM
heard one or two chants of "you hearts *******". Only one or two eejits though

matty_f
29-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Heard the boos...anyone that takes a daft rumour from here as a big enough reason to boo one of our own players is a complete idiot, for want of a stronger phrase, I mean c'Mon, do they not see how much ***** gets said? Anyone that did that tonight needs to ask serious questions of themselves

:top marks

Pete
29-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe it's time for an official statement to put the speculation to bed and confirm some facts.

It might seem mad on the face of it people reacting to mere rumour but I think this demonstrates how strong feelings are.

I'm saying nothing until I hear this confirmed but I wouldn't want anyone who has signed a pre-contract with hearts to ever wear our shirt. He can rot in the reserves. If he ever did wear the shirt then he would be booed on every touch...I can't accept anyone wearing our shirt who has promised their future to one of our rivals.

This idea of "pre-contracts" with teams in the same division doesn't work. If it was with an English or foreign team then fair enough but there has to be some sort of respect for the fans. We're the ones who pay their wages.

essexhibee
29-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Agree with the above post entirely. Hibs need to come out officially and reveal all.

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Someone said at the game Liam or Calderwood was asked the question by a radio commentator and refused to deny the "rumour" :cool2::rolleyes:

McIntosh
29-12-2010, 11:47 PM
You initially stated that other clubs see Hibs as vulnerable and as such have the confidence to approach our keys players. That's just nonsense- Liam Miller has or is about to enter the last 6 months of his contract. He's free to talk to any club he wants to. It's got nothing to do with Hibs league or financial position and more with Hearts willingness to pay inflated wages despite being millions in debt.

You are conflating a number of issues but regardless of this, you ignored the critical comment:

We are vulnerable to relegation, we are vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs, we are vulnerable to our own complancy ......

bingo70
29-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Maybe it's time for an official statement to put the speculation to bed and confirm some facts.

It might seem mad on the face of it people reacting to mere rumour but I think this demonstrates how strong feelings are.

I'm saying nothing until I hear this confirmed but I wouldn't want anyone who has signed a pre-contract with hearts to ever wear our shirt. He can rot in the reserves. If he ever did wear the shirt then he would be booed on every touch...I can't accept anyone wearing our shirt who has promised their future to one of our rivals.

This idea of "pre-contracts" with teams in the same division doesn't work. If it was with an English or foreign team then fair enough but there has to be some sort of respect for the fans. We're the ones who pay their wages.

Agree with the above post entirely. Hibs need to come out officially and reveal all.

If he's about to sign a pre-contract agreement with them then it's not our place to say anything, we won't be invited to contract talks so how can we give an update on how things are going :confused:

Suppose Miller tells hibs he's no signing for them in order to save face at hibs, we believe him, tell everyone its a load of pish then he goes and signs for them anyway, what happens then?

Why don't we just not believe pish rumours on here that 90% of the time, if not more turn out to be pish :confused:

These rumours seem to be stemming from people that no folk within hibs, why would Miller even be telling his colleagues he's about to sign for our biggest rivals :confused:

bingo70
29-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Someone said at the game Liam or Calderwood was asked the question by a radio commentator and refused to deny the "rumour" :cool2::rolleyes:

Probably calderwood who refused to deny it because he didn't know

Pete
30-12-2010, 12:06 AM
If he's about to sign a pre-contract agreement with them then it's not our place to say anything, we won't be invited to contract talks so how can we give an update on how things are going :confused:

Suppose Miller tells hibs he's no signing for them in order to save face at hibs, we believe him, tell everyone its a load of pish then he goes and signs for them anyway, what happens then?

Why don't we just not believe pish rumours on here that 90% of the time, if not more turn out to be pish :confused:

These rumours seem to be stemming from people that no folk within hibs, why would Miller even be telling his colleagues he's about to sign for our biggest rivals :confused:

He was being booed tonight.

I normally don't take notice of stupid rumours in any way but they have had an effect and are starting to manifest themeselves in crowd reactions. I have this feeling that this isn't a stupid rumour that will go away any time soon.

The powers that be have to get the truth and give it to the Fans ASAP.

In my opinion he's one of our crown jewels and for him to sign a "pre-contract" with them would make me physically sick.

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Maybe it's time for an official statement to put the speculation to bed and confirm some facts.It might seem mad on the face of it people reacting to mere rumour but I think this demonstrates how strong feelings are.

The yams will do that on Saturday morning. :greengrin

bingo70
30-12-2010, 12:11 AM

I normally don't take notice of stupid rumours in any way but they have had an effect and are starting to manifest themeselves in crowd reactions. I have this feeling that this isn't a stupid rumour that will go away any time soon.

In my opinion he's one of our crown jewels and for him to sign a "pre-contract" with them would make me physically sick.

If he was under contract for another 3 years then i'd agree with you, however he's out of contract in the summer so he can talk to anyone without us knowing about it so we can't definitively say he is or isn't signing for them because we simply don't know for 100% as we aren't involved in the talks if there are any.

People that booed Miller tonight were idiots, we can't be dictated to by fuds like that.

I'd be really annoyed if hibs commented on this story and if Miller denied it i wouldn't believe him until i saw who he was with next year so best to say nothing

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 01:20 AM

I honestly couldnt believe it when I heard the boos:confused: Thankfully I thought he put it behind him and contributed something.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Miller comes on tonight, and all of a sudden the ball is getting played quicker, on the ground, forward and to a hibs player. It will never catch on with some folk.

darwenhibby
30-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Miller comes on tonight, and all of a sudden the ball is getting played quicker, on the ground, forward and to a hibs player. It will never catch on with some folk.

You should try going to the game instead of commenting on what you see on seaside tv.

Would not like him in that midfield without protection for 90 mins.

Neverthe less the goals looked good on sky sports news

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 01:45 AM
You should try going to the game instead of commenting on what you see on seaside tv.

Would not like him in that midfield without protection for 90 mins.

Neverthe less the goals looked good on sky sports news

:greengrin I know, wouldn't be seen near that place.

darwenhibby
30-12-2010, 01:51 AM
:greengrin I know, wouldn't be seen near that place.

You never know with what looked like a good fight back tonight, some of us might be tempted back to some games if they get a good run in the cup.

However I do hope Liam Miller can get back to the form when he first joined us

Pete
30-12-2010, 01:51 AM
If he was under contract for another 3 years then i'd agree with you, however he's out of contract in the summer so he can talk to anyone without us knowing about it so we can't definitively say he is or isn't signing for them because we simply don't know for 100% as we aren't involved in the talks if there are any.

People that booed Miller tonight were idiots, we can't be dictated to by fuds like that.

I'd be really annoyed if hibs commented on this story and if Miller denied it i wouldn't believe him until i saw who he was with next year so best to say nothing

So what are we meant to do?

Just totally reject everything until he, or his agent decides to act?..Even though these rumours are not being denied like normal rumours are?
It's being reported on national radio and and TV that He's been linked with a pre-contract with Hearts. Why on earth would you be angry with the club coming out to deny these rumours?

MY emotional contract is with the club and I want them to come out and hopefully back me up or at least tell me the truth!
This has gone beyond idle chit-chat in the pub.

Even if he does decide to go are we just expected to act like "modern" football fans in the "modern" game??
"He's leaving because there's more money on offer or more prospects over the road"

He can't do that. If he thinks he can he will be in for one of the biggest shocks of his life if he continues to stay in edinburgh.

darwenhibby
30-12-2010, 01:57 AM

Just totally reject everything until he, or his agent decides to act?..Even though these rumours are not being denied like normal rumours are?
It's being reported on national radio and and TV that He's been linked with a pre-contract with Hearts. Why on earth would you be angry with the club coming out to deny these rumours?

MY emotional contract is with the club and I want them to come out and hopefully back me up or at least tell me the truth!
This has gone beyond idle chit-chat in the pu

Even if he does decide to go are we just expected to act like "modern" football fans in the "modern" game??
"He's leaving because there's more money on offer or more prospects over the road"

He can't do that. If he thinks he can he will be in for one of the biggest shocks of his life if he continues to stay in edinburgh.

How much truth is in the rumour.

Where has the press got their source from? This website
The more I think about it I can't see it happening

Kaiser1962
30-12-2010, 08:18 AM
And how can the club comment unless he's signed? He is a free agent who can speak to whoever he wants and, other than sign him up (and we dont know for sureif we've tried to do that or not)

I personally would be horrified if he signed for them as I regard him as one of the few genuine talents at the club who is going through a bad spell like everybody else. Its up to Miller or his agent to make any statement.

What we dont want is an Ian Murray situation were all and sundry know he is going and where but the player continues to deny it.

Again not much the club can say other than he hasnt signed a contract for Hibs.

bingo70
30-12-2010, 08:37 AM

what are we meant to do? treat the player like normal until there's some actual news kicking about and not just a rumour thats started on a website which in the past has had us linked with jordi cruyff, patrick kluivert, alan smith etc....

The fact it's on the radio means nothing, they've probably picked up that there was a rumour from here, i don't think the mention on the radio even said they had a source, just that there was a rumour going round edinburgh.

I would be angry because we don't know the truth so if hibs said anything they'd just be talking pish to try and shut us up and bowing to the needs of a few idiots (not yourself btw, i'm referring to the plonkers that booed him last night) that can't seperate an internet rumour which is more than likely to be started by hearts fans in the week building up to a derby from reality.

Beefster
30-12-2010, 08:48 AM
The fact that Miller was booed by a minority last night shows the problem with folk posting rumours which could be detrimental to Hibs performance. Especially considering 90% of rumours on here turn out to be nonsense.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Nonsense or not Jeffries was being quized last night about the speculation.

His response was something along the likes that he would not comment on deals for players linked with Hearts until they were concluded. Make of it what you will, but he was trying to be smart about it but at the same time inferring that they are interested. Now either he is on the verge of talks or he is trying to be big time billy with the mind games. All it would take is for Miller to say this is nonsense but as he hasn't I think there is something in this.

JimBHibees
30-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Nonsense or not Jeffries was being quized last night about the speculation.

His response was something along the likes that he would not comment on deals for players linked with Hearts until they were concluded. Make of it what you will, but he was trying to be smart about it but at the same time inferring that they are interested. Now either he is on the verge of talks or he is trying to be big time billy with the mind games. All it would take is for Miller to say this is nonsense but as he hasn't I think there is something in this.

Jeffries probably started the rumour humself so why would he deny it. Looks like his job has been done when nomarks believe it and boo a Hibs player in derby week. Brilliant.

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 09:39 AM
The fact that Miller was booed by a minority last night shows the problem with folk posting rumours which could be detrimental to Hibs performance. Especially considering 90% of rumours on here turn out to be nonsense.

Only 90%?:confused:

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I used the word 'hopefully' because i don't have a crystal ball. There's another dozen teams in the league that hope their form improves.

:agree: - entirely correct IMO

If he had the right players around him he would be more than an asset.

:agree: and there's the rub.

You are conflating a number of issues but regardless of this, you ignored the critical comment:

We are vulnerable to relegation, we are vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs, we are vulnerable to our own complancy ......

With 16 players OOC, we have no option - we will "vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs".

sam armstrong
30-12-2010, 10:48 AM

If Miller is one of our crown jewels then god help us.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Speculation, rumours, mind games like I said, one man can put this to bed and that's Liam Miller. Given this is out in the public arena he most likely know about it, if it's rubbish he should distance himself from it by saying so otherwise he is just stoking up more hassle for himself.

He would be misguided to believe that outwith the OF it should be easy to move between city rivals. Not so, he will encounter as much resentment as he would in Glasgow.

Until Liam Miller put this to bed it's a case of where there is smoke there's a fire.

sam armstrong
30-12-2010, 10:53 AM

Miller played both games against St Johnstone and Aberdeen and was invisible. Coming on as a sub and playing against a tiring United team who have not played for a month does not cover the fact that Miller does not contribute enough in midfield to build a team round him.

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 11:02 AM
With 16 players OOC, we have no option - we will "vulnerable to our future being dependent on players who have signed pre-contracts with other clubs".

I always respect your views but you would conceded we have several other options:

Bring new players in
Secure certain players
Mixture of above
I can only speak from personal experience in relation to contracts, I work at King's College London and when my contract was up for renewal, a year in advance I would talk to everybody!! So I do understand players situation but as a manager you never leave yourself vulnerable to key players leaving at a critical juncture. This is very much deja vu for me because I am having to deal with the exact situation now but I have advocated to the Head of School (also a hibby) that we have to pay the price to either secure the person or bring in a suitable replacement because for us failure to deliver is not an option.

As I have said before the person who told me this was my nephew (he is a radio sports journalist) this story emerged from within Hearts and had nothing to do with pre-contracts but a swap deal proposal. Like all of these stories they seem to have a life of their own and we are confusing a 'wish' for a 'fact'. The unfortunate effect of this frustration is that innocent parties i.e. Liam Miller are taking the unfair brunt of this.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Miller played both games against St Johnstone and Aberdeen and was invisible. Coming on as a sub and playing against a tiring United team who have not played for a month does not cover the fact that Miller does not contribute enough in midfield to build a team round him.

I disagree, he's the only one with any ability, the rest cant see a pass or indeed do a pass unless its backwards. If we had other midfielders who could put their foot in, but also keep the ball, Miller imo would thrive in the knowledge he could push further on and try breaking in the box, or playing incisive passes further up the park.

The Voice Of Reason
30-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I disagree, he's the only one with any ability, the rest cant see a pass or indeed do a pass unless its backwards. If we had other midfielders who could put their foot in, but also keep the ball, Miller imo would thrive in the knowledge he could push further on and try breaking in the box, or playing incisive passes further up the park.

Spot on sir. :agree:

Expecting Rain
30-12-2010, 11:20 AM
If Miller is one of our crown jewels then god help us.

I`m glad you are not the manager Sam.:wink: God help us if the rumours are true and we don`t play Miller for the rest of the season.
We`ve no crown jewels at the moment due to short contracts and financial restraints, we`re relying on the likes of Miller,Riordan and Bamba to keep our heads above water, with hopefully telling contributions from Zemmama and Duffy and of course the potential in Wotherspoon and Hanlon, i can`t comment on the other youngsters because i haven`t seen them but i hope they are the business as they`ll have to grow up quickly in the present circumstances.

Dr Jimmy
30-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Can't believe the flack Miller is getting over a rumour, especially as no paper appears to have picked up on the story (OK, I have not checked them all.)

I thought he looked good when he came on last night and linked well with Duffy in particular. Maybe now we have Zemmama back and have added Duffy (2 footballers) we might see Miller get back to the form we know he can produce especially if we can get him in more forward areas and arriving "late" into the box.

weecounty hibby
30-12-2010, 11:35 AM
What we need to realise is that the modern day footballer is a total mercenary. They will all go where the money is and have no regard for or emoitonal attatchment to any club. And I do include thr likes of Derek Riordan in this as well. As much as I like DR as a player and great goal scorer fo Hibs, he has left for money before and looks likely to do so again. LM is the same and will quite possibly go to Hearts as they will pay him more money.

Would I like them both to stay? Of course I would. Do I think they will? No I don't. Will Hibs get over the loss? Yes we will and have done so in the past when arguably beter players have left us.

Modern football is **** due to the money aspect and no loyalty shown from any players to any clubs. The only constants are he fans who keep paying these overpaid, underworked and most often underachieving and lacking in talent mercenaries.

TheMentalHibees
30-12-2010, 11:38 AM
We'll see if he's in the squad on new year's day.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Am unsure why people regard Miller as a footballing genius......

I agree with Sam, he is not good enough. He rarely scores goals, rarely gets stuck in and is largely invisible in the games he plays in.

There is an insistence that if Miller is surrounded with good players he will show us all what a talented, ball winning, free scoring midfielder he is??? I would love to know where the evidence of this is???

He has hardly flourished at previous clubs and is continuing that form at Hibs, he has the odd 'good' game but these luxuries are assisted by a rangers team for example that did not close us down or a united team that was on its a**e.

I didn't think he (Miller) was even that good last night. To compare with Lewis Stevenson. The best thing Lewis did which nobody does is when he gets the ball he runs forward as fast as can into space and towards the goal!!! Simple but hugely effective!!! Miller came on and slowed us down.

Baader
30-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Indifferent to him leaving if I'm honest as I don't feel he has stood up - as one of the most expereinced and senior players - when we've needed it.

Miller should be taking games from the scruff of the neck and dictating them. Hasn't happened.

Would prefer him not to go to that lot but if he does he wouldn't become another Hartley, more another Brian Hamilton...

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 12:15 PM

:agree: - and my worry is that's exactly what he would do over the road...

Hibs90
30-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Apparently it was an ex-hearts player that started this rumour a few days ago.

BEEJ
30-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Speculation, rumours, mind games like I said, one man can put this to bed and that's Liam Miller. Given this is out in the public arena he most likely know about it, if it's rubbish he should distance himself from it by saying so otherwise he is just stoking up more hassle for himself.

Until Liam Miller put this to bed it's a case of where there is smoke there's a fire.
So players have now to spend much of their time going to the media to state categorically that there is no truth in the latest rumours concerning their future? And why? Just so that we as football supporters can satisfy our apparently relentless demand for instant knowledge of events.

Instead of a group of our club's so-called fans just waiting for a few weeks until this is proven to be true or not, they act last night on the basis that it is 100% true and treat the player accordingly. He is guilty until proven innocent, apparently.

If Miller were to make a statement today to scotch these rumours it would be satisfying just to see these cretins suitably embarrassed by having been suckered so easily into a wind-up. But, of course, they wouldn't be - they would just move on and seek out the next victim for their bile.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 12:47 PM
So players have now to spend much of their time going to the media to state categorically that there is no truth in the latest rumours concerning their future? And why? Just so that we as football supporters can satisfy our apparently relentless demand for instant knowledge of events.

Instead of a group of our club's so-called fans just waiting for a few weeks until this is proven to be true or not, they act last night on the basis that it is 100% true and treat the player accordingly. He is guilty until proven innocent, apparently.

If Miller were to make a statement today to scotch these rumours it would be satisfying just to see these cretins suitably embarrassed by having been suckered so easily into a wind-up. But, of course, they wouldn't be - they would just move on and seek out the next victim for their bile.

Well it's the only way to shut up the boo boys. I don't want him to go, I want him to commit himself to the club but if he wants some peace it's the only way to go.

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Liam Miller

Mikey
30-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Liam Miller

Prove it.

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Look, losing Miller won't be a big deal, even if it is to the Yams, he had a decent 3-4 months at the start of last season and has flattered to decieve since then.

Free up his wages and spend them on someone who will make a difference to the team.

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Prove it.

And how is that possible without a photograph? I will happily donate money to Dnipro Kids if this does not happen.

Mikey
30-12-2010, 01:08 PM
And how is that possible without a photograph? I will happily donate money to Dnipro Kids if this does not happen.

£1000?

bingo70
30-12-2010, 01:10 PM

What a lot of nonsense, Miller was at Riccarton on the day of a hibs game when it's basically a public training complex so anyone could have seen him?

It won't make a difference to whether i believe you or not, cos i don't, but did you see him with your own eyes? or is it a 'trusted source?'

BigKev
30-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Liam Miller

No he wasn't.

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2010, 01:34 PM
What a lot of nonsense, Miller was at Riccarton on the day of a hibs game when it's basically a public training complex so anyone could have seen him?

It won't make a difference to whether i believe you or not, cos i don't, but did you see him with your own eyes? or is it a 'trusted source?'

A Hearts players relative informed me. I never post this kind of thing usually but time will tell.

bingo70
30-12-2010, 01:38 PM
A Hearts players relative informed me. I never post this kind of thing usually but time will tell.

So neither you or the person telling you saw him yet your absolutely convinced it's true?

:hmmm:

Wee Scottie Dug
30-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Liam Miller

He must be omnipresent then because he was with the rest of the 1st team squad from lunch time right through to kick off ......... :devil:

ScottB
30-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm loving the logic from some on here just now...

When Rankin, Hogg and co have a bad game, it's cause they are crap.

When Miller and Bamba have a bad game, it's cause the other players are crap.

Jesus.

We don't have the cash to pay top dollar to a guy who is only sometimes on form.

Shrekko
30-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Well said ScottB.

People are always making excuses for their favourites and putting the blinkers on when it comes to the scapegoats. Why can't folk just give credit and criticism where it's due?

Liam Miller is a very talented football player- therfore his performances this past calendar year have been unacceptable. There is no excuse? Especially when poorer players are being lambasted constantly.

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Apparently it was an ex-hearts player that started this rumour a few days ago.

And now the boo boys and the mob with pitchforks and torches believe it's true.:rolleyes:

Other folk demanding he makes a statement :wtf:

PaulSmith
30-12-2010, 02:03 PM

And you believe one of Lee's relatives :greengrin

sleeping giant
30-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Liam Miller

:hilarious

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Liam Miller

sleeping giant
30-12-2010, 02:25 PM

smurf
30-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Seems ridiculous to suggest that a Hibs player would be at Riccarton on the day of a Hibs game and indeed a Yam game.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I would think any football clubs business would be dealt with at their offices or a private venue. Given the potential sensitivity of this rumour I would think that any movement would be in a private environment not at a public training facility.

On a technical note, if this rumour has any teeth in it, which Jeffries seems to be indicating, Miller would not be entitled to meet with other clubs representation at this time, his agent yes but nothing can be officially discussed or agreed.

So for the reasons above I doubt that Miller would have been anywhere near Riccarton

I guess officially doesn't mean so much these days as whilst legally players can't speak to or commit to anything regards other clubs until they are within their last 6 months of contract. Although it is quite probable that agents and clubs discussions will be going on all over the place as they scout potential suitors for their players next pay package and juicy fee.

Football Agent, now that sounds like a profitable job, if you can afford the registration bounty, but I guess I would be biased trying to push any better players towards Hibs and denounce all the other clubs as charlatans, the pishier players would go there especially Tynecastle.

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 03:35 PM
No he wasn't.

Prove it :greengrin

Beefster
30-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Liam Miller

Absolute nonsense.

Never mind donating to Dnipro Kids if he signs for them, offer to donate if it can be proved that he wasn't at Riccarton.

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I would think any football clubs business would be dealt with at their offices or a private venue. Given the potential sensitivity of this rumour I would think that any movement would be in a private environment not at a public training facility.

On a technical note, if this rumour has any teeth in it, which Jeffries seems to be indicating, Miller would not be entitled to meet with other clubs representation at this time, his agent yes but nothing can be officially discussed or agreed.

So for the reasons above I doubt that Miller would have been anywhere near Riccarton

I guess officially doesn't mean so much these days as whilst legally players can't speak to or commit to anything regards other clubs until they are within their last 6 months of contract. Although it is quite probable that agents and clubs discussions will be going on all over the place as they scout potential suitors for their players next pay package and juicy fee.

Football Agent, now that sounds like a profitable job, if you can afford the registration bounty, but I guess I would be biased trying to push any better players towards Hibs and denounce all the other clubs as charlatans, the pishier players would go there especially Tynecastle.

Miller is now in the last 6 months of his contract.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 04:30 PM

Is that definite? :confused:

It was reported that he signed a two year deal in September '09, if that is correct, he should enter the final six months of his contract in March next year.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Okay Dokay that's that cleared up, cheers for the info.

Regards charity donations. If anyone feels they would like to and can afford to make a charitable donation then bash on and do so, it shouldn't be touted as some form of penalty.

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 04:33 PM

It was reported that he signed a two year deal in September '09, if that is correct, he should enter the final six months of his contract in March next year.

Link?

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 04:37 PM

That is a strange time for a contract to run out dont you think, it would mean him not playing football for 3 months when it ends.
End of May i have heard.

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 04:40 PM

Miller is not in the last six months of his contract at the moment. After checking this out this afternoon. Players are paid after the final game of the season they are usually paid until June or July dependent on the caveats contained within their contract.

Miller has a two year contract which he signed on the 11th of September 2009, this was back-dated as a condition of his contract to expire at the end of June . He is not in a position at the moment to negotiate with anyone except with the expression of the club. The length of this contract is officially confirmed several times on the club's web-page. The talk of pre-contracts being signed at the moment is a complete red-herring. However, if May can be confirmed from a legitimate source I stand corrected.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Link?

It's on the BBC website. He signed in September last year, after the transfer window had shut.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8248684.stm

Hibbie_Cameron
30-12-2010, 04:44 PM
It's on the BBC website. He signed in September last year, after the transfer window had shut.

A two year deal though will be actually be a two season deal as such, so when this season is finished then Millers contract will be nearing an end

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Miller is not in the last six months of his contract at the moment. After checking this out this afternoon. Players are paid after the final game of the season they are usually paid until June or July dependent on the caveats contained within their contract.

Miller has a two year contract which he signed on the 11th of September 2009, this was back-dated as a condition of his contract to expire at the end of June . He is not in a position at the moment to negotiate with anyone except with the expression of the club. The length of this contract is officially confirmed several times on the club's web-page. The talk of pre-contracts being signed at the moment is a complete red-herring. However, if May can be confirmed from a legitimate source I stand corrected.

Think someone is telling you porkies SH.

:cool2:

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Think someone is telling you porkies SH.

:cool2:

The official club webpage -

It is easy to research things, if you have time.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Liam Miller

Just booking a 10 week block of badminton for him and a few of his mates I heard? They play doubles and the roof's not high enough at East Mains.

This has been done earlier FH - contracts no longer end mid transfer window - they run out in either January or June/July.

BTW I don't think the 6 month thing is a rule as such is it? I think a player could sign a 3 year deal for us on 1/1/11 and sign a pre-contract with someone else on 2/1/11 - they'd join the new team on 1/1/14. The 6 month rule might be some kind of gentlemans agreement between SPL teams - so if Hearts are interested they won't care about that.

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Just booking a 10 week block of badminton for him and a few of his mates I heard? They play doubles and the roof's not high enough at East Mains.

This has been done earlier FH - contracts no longer end mid transfer window - they run out in either January or June/July.

BTW I don't think the 6 month thing is a rule as such is it? I think a player could sign a 3 year deal for us on 1/1/11 and sign a pre-contract with someone else on 2/1/11 - they'd join the new team on 1/1/14. The 6 month rule might be some kind of gentlemans agreement between SPL teams - so if Hearts are interested they won't care about that.

Thanks for supporting me here. You convey it a lot better than myself. I agree with you these rules are only notions.

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 04:57 PM
The official club webpage -

Cheers

It is easy to research things, if you have time.

No for a lazy bassa like me :greengrin

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 05:03 PM
If that's the case does that mean he's contracted to us until Sep 11.

In which case FJK can **** OFF!

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 05:05 PM
No for a lazy bassa like me :greengrin

Thanks, but I think it has got more to do with me being a right sad *******!!

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 05:06 PM

:agree: There is something going about in the cells of my brain that recalls that information from somewhere.

I was actually going to post that very information earlier but I did a quick search and on wikipedia, it spoke about the "6 month ruling".

However, there definitely was something a few years ago about an unofficial gentleman's agreement between all twelve SPL sides that states that no SPL side will sign a player from another SPL side on a pre-contract, if they have a contract that has more than six months still left to run.

It is my belief that you are correct in saying that although Steven Naismith has just signed a deal that will keep him at Rangers until May 2015, Celtic could sign him on a pre-contract tomorrow but won't do that until January 2015, under the "agreement".

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2010, 05:10 PM
However, there definitely was something a few years ago about an unofficial gentleman's agreement between all twelve SPL sides that states that no SPL side will sign a player from another SPL side on a pre-contract, if they have a contract that has more than six months still left to run.

It either came about because Aberdeen signed a Livingston player or it was already in place and Livingston kicked up a stink about Aberdeen flouting the "rule".

scoopyboy
30-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Not from one of my better sources but I heard that Rodders was getting even shrewder / tighter with contracts.

They used to always finish on June 30th but he now gets them to finish on May 31st hence saving a months wages.

I'm sure Deek's contract finishes at the end of May but not 100%.

tamig
30-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Instead of a group of our club's so-called fans just waiting for a few weeks until this is proven to be true or not, they act last night on the basis that it is 100% true and treat the player accordingly.

Absolutely. Couldn't believe the booing when he came on just because of the speculation being spouted on here. Some of our support are a disgrace to the cause.

mcfly
30-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Absolutely. Couldn't believe the booing when he came on just because of the speculation being spouted on here. Some of our support are a disgrace to the cause.

spot on - rumours are not to be believed and it is a disgrace a player gets booed onto the pitch. thats really gonna help his confidence......not!!

i hope he plays a blinder on sat and we can forget 2010 and start 2011 positively.

we still need some new defenders though as we just cannae defend properly

SloopJB
30-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Makes it easier for him to swap sides if an offer is made and who could blame him.

mcfly
30-12-2010, 06:03 PM
spot on - rumours are not to be believed and it is a disgrace a player gets booed onto the pitch. thats really gonna help his confidence......not!!

i hope he plays a blinder on sat and we can forget 2010 and start 2011 positively.

we still need some new defenders though as we just cannae defend properly

i would also say some of the jambos at my work are creamin themselves at them taking miller from us.

if he does and it is an "if" how would you want CC to handle it??

ie my opinion would do what romanov would do and not allow him to train with 1st team, my reason would be he wouldnt try as hard for fear of being injured, attitude may ruin morale and it would also show the team that CC is in charge.

i hope this rumour is a load of keek and we retain liam miller

Dirkster23
30-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Where did you get the information about the contract being back dated?

CRAZYHIBBY
30-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Jeffries apparently claiming sugestions of hearts signing miller are laughable.

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Where did you get the information about the contract being back dated?

If you read this page you will see where the convention emerges in relation to June and July. However, if you really wish to confirm the nature and operation of this type of sports contract contact James McDougall at Edinburgh Napier University or alternatively Dr Jonathan Garton at King's College London.

Liam B
30-12-2010, 08:48 PM
To be brutally honest, I hope to hell he has!!! :agree:
I personally think he is one of the best players we have and at least he atually wants to get the ball down and play! :agree:

Dirkster23
30-12-2010, 08:53 PM
If you read this page you will see where the convention emerges in relation to June and July. However, if you really wish to confirm the nature and operation of this type of sports contract contact James McDougall at Edinburgh Napier University or alternatively Dr Jonathan Garton at King's College London.

Do you know for a fact that Miller's contract has been back dated to expire at the end of June, or are you just assuming this on the basis of how you've been told these contracts are sometimes worked out?

Gala Foxes
30-12-2010, 08:57 PM
3 straight passes to Utd players last night when he came on

Hibee Daz
30-12-2010, 09:25 PM
If Liam Miller could show his quality more than once in every half a dozen games or so, then I would love for his services to be retained. As it stands though his quality doesn't seem to be on show when we need it most, so I don't understand why folk are so up in arms about the prospect of him leaving.

CC doesn't have a magic wand that will make him consistent over night so what can he do? He can either give him a new deal in the hope he can make him play as we know he can, but more frequently! (which IMO is a big gamble considering he is one of our highest earners) Or let his contract run down and use the money to sign a midfielder who has a record of performing with greater consistency!

Personally I'm for the latter, as I believe that Liam Miller is even more of an enigma than Michael Stewart.
I think it's time we looked at creating a greater physical presence throughout our squad, as we've been far too lightweight for far to long now IMO!

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 11:08 PM
3 straight passes to Utd players last night when he came on

I thought it was 2, but ok lets say 3.At least they were forward passes, they do tend to be the harder ones. The rest of them gave lots of balls away, even the safe ones that were backward. No mention of his good passes though, plenty of them when he came on?

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Do you know for a fact that Miller's contract has been back dated to expire at the end of June, or are you just assuming this on the basis of how you've been told these contracts are sometimes worked out?

Is the legal basis of contract law an acceptable fact?

Dirkster23
30-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Is the legal basis of contract law an acceptable fact?

It's a simple yes or no- do you know for a fact that Miller's contract has been back dated so it expires at the end of June?

McIntosh
30-12-2010, 11:46 PM
It's a simple yes or no- do you know for a fact that Miller's contract has been back dated so it expires at the end of June?

I have already answered that question, read the posts, if not mine Danderhall Hibs at 4.47pm. Factually and more importantly legally Liam Miller is not at the moment in a position to sign a pre-contract with anyone read into that what you will but it is self-evident, remember 1 + 1 = 2.

Before you ask -

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/13%20RegProced.pdf

Kaiser1962
31-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Has Jim Jeffries not poo pooed this whole thing?

Dirkster23
31-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I have already answered that question, read the posts, if not mine Danderhall Hibs at 4.47pm. Factually and more importantly legally Liam Miller is not at the moment in a position to sign a pre-contract with anyone read into that what you will but it is self-evident, remember 1 + 1 = 2.

Before you ask -

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/13%20RegProced.pdf

Unfortunately i'm heading off for new year so haven't managed anymore than a very quick look at the document you've attached. Is there anything in it that states that a player cannot have a contract that expires at the end of May?

You earlier made a statement that Miller had signed a 2 year contract in September, however, the detail of the contract meant this had been back dated to the end of June 2011. Do you actually know the detail of this contract or are you just best guessing on the basis of how you've been told these contracts are normally worked out?

I can't find anything that states that a players contract cannot finish in May. I also can't find any hard evidence that states that Miller's contract was back dated to expire in June 2011 and not May or July.

There's two well know posters on .net saying they believe RP has sanctioned contracts that expire in May. They could very well be correct.

Have a good New Year :aok:

McIntosh
31-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately i'm heading off for new year so haven't managed anymore than a very quick look at the document you've attached. Is there anything in it that states that a player cannot have a contract that expires at the end of May? On a general contract that is prohibited

You earlier made a statement that Miller had signed a 2 year contract in September, Official club statement.

however, the detail of the contract meant this had been back dated to the end of June 2011. Do you actually know the detail of this contract or are you just best guessing on the basis of how you've been told these contracts are normally worked out?

I have ascertained the nature of the contracts in operation at Hibernian Football Club.

I can't find anything that states that a players contract cannot finish in May.

Read the sixty pages at length and you will. Don't confuse the end of the season with the end of a contact period.

I also can't find any hard evidence that states that Miller's contract was back dated to expire in June 2011 and not May or July.

Read the document carefully and it should becomes clear. This is becoming a private conversation but if you pm me I will go through it point by repeated point.

There's two well know posters on .net saying they believe RP has sanctioned contracts that expire in May. They could very well be correct.

Well the evidence is clear that general contracts at the club do not end in May. When the season end and a contract has not been renewed a player in effect cease to be a club player and become a 'free agents' but he is still an employee and is paid to the end of their contract.

We are getting into quite complicated contract law but quite simply the club cannot act outwith articles of association no matter what is suggested.

Have a good New Year :aok:

Thanks for this and I hope you have a good new-year. This has provided great relief from the book that I am editing, so thanks.

The_Todd
31-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Has Jim Jeffries not poo pooed this whole thing?

Jumbo Jim has a track record of lying.

mjhibby
31-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Its amazing we get the same rubbish rumpour every time one of our so called better players contracts are running out.Oconnor to hertz,riordan to hertz and now miller.\its highly unlikely either miller would wont to go to hertz or that he would fit into their style of play.\amazed this has ran to 8 pages but hey we all love a good rumour.

scoopyboy
31-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Scoopyboy understands Liam Miller knows nothing about a pre-contract from Hearts.

ronaldo7
31-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Scoopyboy understands Liam Miller knows nothing about a pre-contract from Hearts.

That's good news as far as I'm concerned.:flag:

Ritchie
31-12-2010, 06:58 PM

:thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2010, 07:18 PM

No doubt its the boards fault - they've no told him. :agree:

JimBHibees
31-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Obviously a crock most likely emanating from FJK. Hope we roger them tomorrow.

Ernie Cobra
31-12-2010, 08:28 PM

sounds so much more authentic in the third party vernacular......:wink:.

Ernie understands that this was the figmant of a jambo ****** imagination which spiralled to 8 pages of fiction on here with people pretending they are players agents / sports lawyers in a who can piss further competition.

I just really really really really hope we pump them tomorrow, in fact im having a cheeky wee tenner on Mr Miller esq right now :agree::aok: (and a host of other little images too!!)

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2011, 12:11 PM
We'll see if he's in the squad on new year's day.

Liam Miller

Noticable that this thread died a death on Hogmanay - cracking wind up eh....

Anyone willing to retract some of the pish that got spouted?

IF it was a wind-up I have no problem with that - I'm pretty sure there's been plenty going the other way BUT some people should really engage their brains a bit before going off on one IMO.

"TRAITOR"...................I'll never forget that :bitchy:

BEEJ
03-01-2011, 12:23 PM

IF it was a wind-up I have no problem with that - I'm pretty sure there's been plenty going the other way BUT some people should really engage their brains a bit before going off on one IMO.

Onceinawhile
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Heard a rumour it's a swap deal for Julien Brellier:agree:

scoopyboy
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM

I stand by my bit.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM

8 pages o pish and no-one has the balls to admit they were wrong.

I stand by my bit.

Course you do Scoop - thread died a death after you posted.

So so easy to fling muck at a player on the basis of NOTHING. Shameful.

hibsbollah
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
8 pages o pish and no-one has the balls to admit they were wrong.

Course you do Scoop - thread died a death after you posted.

So so easy to fling muck at a player on the basis of NOTHING. Shameful.

The interesting (and totally mad) thing was it resulted in the player getting booed on Wednesday :rolleyes:

The power of the internet eh?