PDA

View Full Version : We and i include myself in this.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Have no patience. We were rightly behind the club for getting its house in order. They pulled the club back from the brink, yes i know they were also in charge when we were spending way over what we had, but they did get us back in the real world, and although the medicine was not good to taste at times, we went from being really sick, to healthy again, but still losing money. So throwing money about in January, imo is not the way to go. We have fallen into this situation too many times before

In the process of cutting back, they have built the training centre, finished the ground and put silverware on the table, along with a couple of European jaunts.

Look around at every other club in the SPL bar the obvious. They are all skint, yes they are doing better than us THIS season, but we do have everything in place to push on, and next season a great chance for CC to build HIS team, and get it playing the way he wants it.

A couple of loan deals will hopefully get us through to the summer still in the SPL, but getting more stop gap signing like Keenan and the likes, are part of the reason we are in the situation we are in.

We have CC now, and personally i have seen nothing in his management to say he's any better than the previous managers. Yogi was slaughtered for playing a narrow midfield, yet no mention of CC doing the same?

So Calderwoods the manager, and we have to get behind him, we have to support him in what he does. He needs time, next season might be a case of consolidation, maybe top 6 should be the target? What worries me is if we are not top 4 this time next season, the knifes will be out again, and we are back to square one again.

Give the guy a chance.

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Have no patience. We were rightly behind the club for getting its house in order. They pulled the club back from the brink, yes i know they were also in charge when we were spending way over what we had, but they did get us back in the real world, and although the medicine was not good to taste at times, we went from being really sick, to healthy again, but still losing money. So throwing money about in January, imo is not the way to go. We have fallen into this situation too many times before

In the process of cutting back, they have built the training centre, finished the ground and put silverware on the table, along with a couple of European jaunts.

Look around at every other club in the SPL bar the obvious. They are all skint, yes they are doing better than us THIS season, but we do have everything in place to push on, and next season a great chance for CC to build HIS team, and get it playing the way he wants it.

A couple of loan deals will hopefully get us through to the summer still in the SPL, but getting more stop gap signing like Keenan and the likes, are part of the reason we are in the situation we are in.

We have CC now, and personally i have seen nothing in his management to say he's any better than the previous managers. Yogi was slaughtered for playing a narrow midfield, yet no mention of CC doing the same?

So Calderwoods the manager, and we have to get behind him, we have to support him in what he does. He needs time, next season might be a case of consolidation, maybe top 6 should be the target? What worries me is if we are not top 4 this time next season, the knifes will be out again, and we are back to square one again.

Give the guy a chance.

Good post.

The only puzzling thing for me (as posted separately) is the managerial "team". I mean CC didn't even know Adams until he became the no 2, which I find bizarre.

I hope CC & Adams become "the dream team" and bring us success. What worries me is that they are too similair and to be honest, both a bit dour. Normally a new management team brings an upturn in fortunes (like Brown and Knox at A'deen!)

I may be wrong but I think we have lost every game since Adams arrived?

Anyway, I agree that patience is needed, however there won't be much of it around if we lose to Dun Utd and Hearts (which I think we will):boo hoo:

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2010, 11:12 AM

Give the guy a chance.

An excellent post.

Who are you and what have you done with the real BlackpoolHibs?

:tee hee:

Kojock
28-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Have no patience. We were rightly behind the club for getting its house in order. They pulled the club back from the brink, yes i know they were also in charge when we were spending way over what we had, but they did get us back in the real world, and although the medicine was not good to taste at times, we went from being really sick, to healthy again, but still losing money.

I have been patient infact extremely patient, but to be subjected to the half hearted crap we have witnessed in 2010 would test the patience of a saint. Something is seriously wrong at ER, we are now on our fourth manager in as many years, yet the team is going backwards.

I snapped at the end of the Dons game and heartily jeered the underperformers as they left the pitch. Do I regret it - not a bit. Im sick to the bottom of my stomach watching the same crap week after week.

So throwing money about in January, imo is not the way to go. We have fallen into this situation too many times before.

I agree that throwing money around in January is not the solution, although we do need a couple of players to steady the sinking ship, this along with the return of Zemmama, Duffy, Byrne etc should hopefully see us through to the end without being relegated.

A league cup and entry to the Inter Toto hardly add up to a great return for the investment.

Speaking to Rod Petrie on Sunday he was adamant that Hibs would not be relegated, I wish I had his confidence.

Twiglet
28-12-2010, 11:30 AM
:agree: I agree with you on most of that. I for one am willing to give CC time to get things sorted, as has been pointed out many times on here, he's working with Yogi's team, not his own.

The only thing I'm not in total agreement with you is him playing a narrow midfield. On Sunday, he did try to widen the midfield when Galbraith came on, and I have seen us trying to play wide in other games too. The thing is he's got to get through to the players that they can play the full width of the pitch. Danny got into some good positions on Sunday several times, but instead of finding him out wide, they played the ball through the middle.

I feel CC has a tough job ahead of him, not only in sorting out how the team play, but also to sort out the mentality of the squad, which may take a while.

I shall stick behind him.

Hainan Hibs
28-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I agree a certain amount of patience is needed. With the way the finances are going now we don't have money IMO to throw around, and we desperately need to get the youth system back on track ( I was hoping/expecting us to have got a few more of the Under 19's in or around the first team).

It's going to take Calderwood January and more importantly summer to sort this mess out when the contracts are up. With his experience I would hope he knows what he has to do.

However, when people are shelling out £400 a season to watch half-hearted dross it is difficult to ask for patience. Reading guff in the papers about the players being fired up and targeting top six, and then watching the same players put in the square root of **** all effort and get mauled week in week out takes it's toll.

My patience has gone with the squad. The shower of ***** on the park has dragged us down to Duff Jimmy standards.

Patience with the managerial team however is still there. I hope to see signs of improvement over January. If not, I'll start looking forward to some lovely trips to Fife next season.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I have been patient infact extremely patient, but to be subjected to the half hearted crap we have witnessed in 2010 would test the patience of a saint. Something is seriously wrong at ER, we are now on our fourth manager in as many years, yet the team is going backwards.

I snapped at the end of the Dons game and heartily jeered the underperformers as they left the pitch. Do I regret it - not a bit. Im sick to the bottom of my stomach watching the same crap week after week.

I agree that throwing money around in January is not the solution, although we do need a couple of players to steady the sinking ship, this along with the return of Zemma, Duffy, Byrne etc should hopefully see us through to the end without being relegated.

A league cup and entry to the Inter Toto hardly add up to a great return for the investment.

Speaking to Rod Petrie on Sunday he was adamant that Hibs would not be relegated, I wish I had his confidence.

Mowbray had us 3rd, Hughes 4th, thats 2 European jaunts other than the intertoto. Plus the CIS cup win. Thats still not bad going in 5 years, while getting the house in order.

Throw in the finishing of the ground, and East mains, we've not done too badly considering. Its all there. We just have to stop panicking, and support the manager.

J-C
28-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Mowbray had us 3rd, Hughes 4th, thats 2 European jaunts other than the intertoto. Plus the CIS cup win. Thats still not bad going in 5 years, while getting the house in order.

Throw in the finishing of the ground, and East mains, we've not done too badly considering. Its all there. We just have to stop panicking, and support the manager.

Mowbray was lucky in that he had 4-5 very good players to build a team round and Yogi was just pure lucky, we bluffed our way up the league and when things got tough, Yogi didn't have a scooby how to change it around.

We seem to be saying this every 12-18 months, give him more time/ patience is what's needed but for how long can we allow this to happen as I and many thousands who walked out of ER with 15 mins to go on Sunday are getting mightily peed off about it.

The vast majority of the out of contract players should be released or sold on for a pittance just to get them off the wage bill at least, then players can be brought in, hopefully CC has a better scouting system than the past 3 managers, we don't need any more Keenans/HKT/O'Brien/Kerr etc, we've had a belly full of **** like that. What amazes me is that St Mirren/Hamilton/ICT/Killie and St Johnstone can uneart wee gems every season that improves their teams, why can't we??

Kojock
28-12-2010, 11:57 AM

There is something fundementaly wrong at Hibs, some deep rooted problem and its not the manager. Surely four managers cant all be wrong.

The players are no where near as bad as they are performing right now, Ibrox was a prime example of the ability in the Hibs team yet for some reason they do not want to play for the manager / board / team / jersey / support.

The two jaunts into Europe were vastly overshadowed by cup losses to Ross County, Hearts, Morton etc..

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Mowbray was lucky in that he had 4-5 very good players to build a team round and Yogi was just pure lucky, we bluffed our way up the league and when things got tough, Yogi didn't have a scooby how to change it around.

We seem to be saying this every 12-18 months, give him more time/ patience is what's needed but for how long can we allow this to happen as I and many thousands who walked out of ER with 15 mins to go on Sunday are getting mightily peed off about it.

The vast majority of the out of contract players should be released or sold on for a pittance just to get them off the wage bill at least, then players can be brought in, hopefully CC has a better scouting system than the past 3 managers, we don't need any more Keenans/HKT/O'Brien/Kerr etc, we've had a belly full of **** like that. What amazes me is that St Mirren/Hamilton/ICT/Killie and St Johnstone can uneart wee gems every season that improves their teams, why can't we??

Mowbray had the kids, but also added good quality with the likes of Sheilds, Murphy, Sproule and Killen. See we have unearthed gems, it can be done on our budget. As for Hughes, heard the lucky jibes before, you cant win the league with luck, its won over the 38 league games, just like finishing 4th, unless we are the only team who get luck?

What other option is there, other than more patience?

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 12:06 PM
There is something fundementaly wrong at Hibs, some deep rooted problem and its not the manager. Surely four managers cant all be wrong.
What is it?
The players are no where near as bad as they are performing right now, Ibrox was a prime example of the ability in the Hibs team yet for some reason they do not want to play for the manager / board / team / jersey / support.
Ibrox was the exception, Saturday was normal.
The two jaunts into Europe were vastly overshadowed by cup losses to Ross County, Hearts, Morton etc..

Celtic lost to Ross County, Hearts lost to Airdrie. These things happen. Although ignoring where we have come from, how much debt, what we have built, is ignoring some of the reasons why we have been poor at times.

The infrastructures there now, with the right management in place, the chances of continual growth is better now than its ever been.:pray:

johnrebus
28-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Celtic lost to Ross County, Hearts lost to Airdrie. These things happen. Although ignoring where we have come from, how much debt, what we have built, is ignoring some of the reasons why we have been poor at times.

The infrastructures there now, with the right management in place, the chances of continual growth is better now than its ever been.:pray:

And that IMHO, is the problem.

:cool2:

LancashireHibby
28-12-2010, 12:18 PM
One for the Football Manager players here....you take a job mid-season and there are some fans calling for your head before you've even had a transfer window to make changes, you'd be a little hacked off, wouldn't you? It seems that the patience of some Hibs fans stretches all of a handful of games, when it's been clear from the reigns of both Mixu and Yogi that to turn around the playing side of this club is a huge, long-term job.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 02:31 PM

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm always looking for another factor, tending to doubt that Petrie can be that hopeless at picking managers since lucking out with TM.

The Mixu experience would suggest that there is some other factor at play at ER.

I was dismissive when people said 'go for Paw Broon', yet in our heart of hearts, we all know he'll easily take a poor Dons side out of the relegation zone, have them top six next season, and challenging regularly for European slots after that, as they are a big Scottish club.

Why is it CC apparently can't do the same, with better resources?

There is something fundamentally not quite right with Hibs.

Dr Jimmy
28-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm always looking for another factor, tending to doubt that Petrie can be that hopeless at picking managers since lucking out with TM.

The Mixu experience would suggest that there is some other factor at play at ER.

I was dismissive when people said 'go for Paw Broon', yet in our heart of hearts, we all know he'll easily take a poor Dons side out of the relegation zone, have them top six next season, and challenging regularly for European slots after that, as they are a big Scottish club.

Why is it CC apparently can't do the same, with better resources?

There is something fundamentally not quite right with Hibs.

Part of the problem for me is that we are seen as a stepping stone, as we consistently sell anything that has a value. This will tell the players that they are only here short term and tat gets reflected in their effort. Unless we get some leaders in the side that are on 3-4 year contracts and are not sold at the drop of a hat the manager will always have his hands tied regardless of who it is.

Lago
28-12-2010, 03:19 PM

Give the guy a chance.

Spot on absolutely spot on!

LancashireHibby
28-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Part of the problem for me is that we are seen as a stepping stone, as we consistently sell anything that has a value. This will tell the players that they are only here short term and tat gets reflected in their effort. Unless we get some leaders in the side that are on 3-4 year contracts and are not sold at the drop of a hat the manager will always have his hands tied regardless of who it is.

But surely every other non-OF club is the same, it's just we've produced a better crop of players than everyone else who have since got moved elsewhere?

PISTOL1875
28-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Of course we have to give the manager time. CC has came in , inherited a team that's at a complete low.. Player morale is poor and results are going against us...

We can all moan about the standard but CC can do nothing with Hibs until he is GIVEN TIME to bring his own players in and get them playing the way he sees fit..

The main aim this season is to stay up and hopefully we can do something between now and May..

Keith_M
28-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I almost totally agree with you, BH.

The one thing I see differently is that unless we bring better players in during January, we're going down.

R'Albin
28-12-2010, 04:49 PM

Give the guy a chance.

:top marksVery good post, we must give CC and Adams time.

Fed up with some folk on here having a go at Petrie about not investing in the squad, its not always the way to go, couple of loan deals to get us through. Also is there some sort of limit to the amount of loan players we can take in??

Dr Jimmy
28-12-2010, 05:00 PM
But surely every other non-OF club is the same, it's just we've produced a better crop of players than everyone else who have since got moved elsewhere?

I fully understand the need to sell, but we appear to do it regardless of timing or the impact on the team and I am not sure other clubs do this to their manager & fans.
I am also not convinced that the manager has the final say and thus his role is undermined. I won't open the JC - RP players meeting can of worms, but this has a lot to do with it as well, regardless of personnel.

GreenCastle
28-12-2010, 05:13 PM

Give the guy a chance.

So I have spotted we have no width and the diamond doesn't work.

Are we just happy to just watch it and are we not allowed to moan about it ?

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 05:26 PM
So I have spotted we have no width and the diamond doesn't work.

Are we just happy to just watch it and are we not allowed to moan about it ?

The message boards are the place to air your views, at the match, everyone there should get behind the team. :confused:

iwasthere1972
28-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Give the guy a chance.

:aok: Excellent post from someone who doesn't even attend the matches. :stirrer:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 05:33 PM
:aok: Excellent post from someone who doesn't even attend the matches. :stirrer:

:tee hee:

LancashireHibby
28-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I fully understand the need to sell, but we appear to do it regardless of timing or the impact on the team and I am not sure other clubs do this to their manager & fans.
I am also not convinced that the manager has the final say and thus his role is undermined. I won't open the JC - RP players meeting can of worms, but this has a lot to do with it as well, regardless of personnel.

The only one with particularly bad timing that springs to mind (feel free to add others) is Stokes' departure, and I'm not sure how much benefit it would have been to have rejected the bid and had him sulking about until January.