PDA

View Full Version : Booth signs new contract

sunshine1875
28-12-2010, 08:22 AM
.............to end of 2014/15 season.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101228/booth-signs-new-contract_2262950_2252414

:flag::flag::flag:

Rasta_Hibs
28-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Good News!

Personally i thought Wotherspoon and Hanlon were two of our best against the Dons!

Booth coming in and making an impact we can hopefully see some improvement with desire & team spirit as the young lads are all mates from the 19's.

Good lucky Boothy wish you all the best!

matty_f
28-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Great news, and I'd hope to see Booth featuring in the first team as soon as possible. He's a very talented footballer and would definitely (IMHO) improve the left side of our team as it stands just now.

IWasThere2016
28-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Excellent :thumbsup:

BEEJ
28-12-2010, 08:40 AM
:thumbsup: Welcome to the first team squad, Callum. :flag:

A piece of good news and hopefully the first of many as this lousy year finally draws to a close.

Beefster
28-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Get him in the team.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Get him in the team.

Instead of Grounds asap. I presume he can't play until 1st January at the earliest?

steakbake
28-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Very good news! Anyone know who else we potentially have coming through or back from loan?

BEEJ
28-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Very good news! Anyone know who else we potentially have coming through or back from loan?
Byrne returning also.

Taggart, Moyes and McCann sound like they're staying out on loan. One or two may join them for the next six months.

steakbake
28-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks. Id be interested to see what Byrne is like. Was chisholm released?

We've got a fair number of young players coming through, then.

BEEJ
28-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks. Id be interested to see what Byrne is like. Was chisholm released?
Aye. In June 2009. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Good for you Callum.

It must be exciting being a young Hibs player just now, coz every time the so called first team stink up ER you must think to yourself ' its only a matter of time till I get a chance '

:greengrin

steakbake
28-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Haha im well informed.

.Sean.
28-12-2010, 09:29 AM
He actually signed the deal a few weeks ago, around the same time Lee Currie left. All the best Callum!

frazeHFC
28-12-2010, 09:39 AM
:flag: Great news, hopefully he comes straight in for Grounds :agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I've never seen him play but if Grounds and Rank keep getting a game on the left side in front of him is he cannae be that guid?!

.Sean.
28-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I've never seen him play but if Grounds and Rank keep getting a game on the left side in front of him is he cannae be that guid?!
He's been away on loan since last January so even if JH/CC had wanted to field him, they wouldn't have been able to.

From wht i've seen of Grounds, and i've seen him in every matchhe's played in with the exception of the win at Ibrox, he's very average. He's rarely looking for the ball and whe he has it he does very lttle with it. No real hunger to get involved. He had a shocker on Saturday. With Boothy eligible for us after the 2nd and with Grounds due back at Middlesborough, hopefully we'll start to see him in the first team.

Toaods
28-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Haha im well informed.

....thought you may have remembered the celebrations...:greengrin

Billy Whizz
28-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Great news, and I'd hope to see Booth featuring in the first team as soon as possible. He's a very talented footballer and would definitely (IMHO) improve the left side of our team as it stands just now.

Might be the new Gareth Bale

Franck is God
28-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Might be the new Gareth Bale

No pressure then....

Seriously though it is good news that he has signed but everyone should remember that he is still very young and it may be a couple of years before we see the best of him and until then it will likely be quite hit and miss and he will be in and out of the side.

I'd like to see Welsh given an extension too, any time I saw him for the under 19's he simply looked a level above everyone around him. He's been unlucky with injuries but hopefully that's behind him now.

Brads Laing
29-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Instead of Grounds asap. I presume he can't play until 1st January at the earliest?
That'll do for me, debut goal in the derby:greengrin

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Not eligible until the 2nd.

J-C
29-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Was in the EN yesterday that the lad has still been training every week at East mains, so CC has had a good look at him, obviously likes what he sees, which is the reason for the contract, first good piece of business by CC, also says that he'll be in contension right away for a starting position when he came back off loan spell.

BEEJ
29-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Not eligible until the 2nd.
That's a pity. Wonder why that is?

(Mind you, probably best to spare the lad a baptism of fire on his debut.)

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 01:21 PM
No pressure then....

Seriously though it is good news that he has signed but everyone should remember that he is still very young and it may be a couple of years before we see the best of him and until then it will likely be quite hit and miss and he will be in and out of the side.

I'd like to see Welsh given an extension too, any time I saw him for the under 19's he simply looked a level above everyone around him. He's been unlucky with injuries but hopefully that's behind him now.

:agree: agree about Welsh...head and shoulders above even in what was a special team

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Was in the EN yesterday that the lad has still been training every week at East mains, so CC has had a good look at him, obviously likes what he sees, which is the reason for the contract, first good piece of business by CC, also says that he'll be in contension right away for a starting position when he came back off loan spell.

All the loanees train at EM...their loan clubs are all P/T so they go there to train only when they have sessions on

This way there are getting the best of both worlds

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 01:38 PM
That's a pity. Wonder why that is?

(Mind you, probably best to spare the lad a baptism of fire on his debut.)
I think it's just a rule mate, applies to every player on loan until the January window? Kevin McCann will be in the same position, and that's a shame as if Wallace or Driver start the Derby they'll rip Hart a new arssehole.