PDA

View Full Version : Bit of patience required

JimBHibees
28-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Personally think it wont be too long before CC turns this around. Assuming he will bring in a couple of loan or permanent signings soon after the New year to strengthen the squad. The return of Zouma and Duffy is going to IMO again give us more options. It will take a bit of time however a couple of wins or hopefully a win tomorrow and something out the derby and IMO things will look a bit rosier.

Not the time to panic we just need a result or 2.

ronaldo7
28-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Too sensible for the MB:greengrin

Wembley67
28-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm actually going to stick a wad on us winning on Wednesday...

Ferryhibby
28-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Would like to agree, dont know whats missing from the side at the moment but watched the side last week against killie dominate them in the second half, just worries me why they dont seem to play the same at home,

IWasThere2016
28-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Personally think it wont be too long before CC turns this around. Assuming he will bring in a couple of loan or permanent signings soon after the New year to strengthen the squad. The return of Zouma and Duffy is going to IMO again give us more options. It will take a bit of time however a couple of wins or hopefully a win tomorrow and something out the derby and IMO things will look a bit rosier.

Hope you're right J - personally I think its more than two required. Two plus Zouma and Duffy means 4 changes .. I'd want 6 if I was him personally. Being FBs, possibly CB, but defo midfield and upfront.

gringojoe
28-12-2010, 09:38 AM

I dreamt we won 5-1 put a pound on that as correct score. If I can remember who scored first it will be some double.

HibbyAndy
28-12-2010, 09:38 AM

Im no, Ill be sticking a wad on Dundee utd.

Magnifique
28-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I wouldnt bet on us to beat ANYBODY right now. We are so easy to beat its not real I think we need to ship out 10 as a minimum and bring in some players with a bit of heart about them

As for Calderwood time will tell i just hope he can see what we can

madabouthibs
28-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Seems clear to me thatour Managers, Yogi included are seeing good things in training that seem to disappear on matchdays.
We had a lot of good play and good chances against Aberdeen, but didn't put them away.
A few players are definately not playing to their full potential, but have shown they are good players in the past.
If we were sitting mid-table and fairly safe then CC could "muck about" with the team a bit, change players, try different formations. Right now though he needs points badly, so the pressure is on to put a winning side out, or an experienced side. He's not getting theopportunity to have a wee tinker. :confused:

500miles
28-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Zemmama is the massive difference for us. If we play 10 games with Zemmama in the team, we're not unlikely to win at least 6 of them.

We've just got no creativity. Teams know they can leave spaces and concentrate on pressurising us, because we can't take advantage quickly enough.

Franck is God
28-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Zemmama could make a huge difference as could Duffy.

We are missing that extra something from the midfield at the moment, Spoony is too young and inexperienced to do it every week and other teams know that as long as Miller gets no time on the ball then he won't be able to do anything either.

Duffy is a striker that has a bit of pace and likes to run beyond a defence which again is something that is not happening right now.

Looks like Byrne is going to get an opportunity when he gets back as will Booth when Grounds returns to Middlesbrough.

And saying that four changes won't make a difference, for Hearts it was just the one. They got beat 3-0 at home by Killie, Zaliukas came back into the side the following week and everything just clicked for them and they won six games on the trot. I'm not saying that will happen to us but sometimes there's not actually a lot missing that can make a big difference.

GreenCastle
28-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I think it's more about commitment - several players look like they just go through the motions and don't care about the club.

deek68
28-12-2010, 01:37 PM
The thing is, if you look at what was avaible to us against Aberdeen and what will be available in the coming weeks with Zouma, Duffy, Booth, Byrne and Bamba there's quite a bit of tinkering can be done there.

No guarantees that it will come good but you'd imagine CC has also seen enough of Hogg now so we may have seen the last of him who knows.

Thought galbraith looked threatening on Sunday (right from the moment he came on) so wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of him.

What's the story with McBride? Is he one of the imposters/wage thiefs or just plain gash?

R'Albin
28-12-2010, 02:20 PM

:top marksAlthough its hard to be patient because due to money travel etc i can only get to about 10/15 games a season and the last time ive seen us win was 0-2 vs Aberdeen (stokes double) and that was 19th december 2009, over a year ago:boo hoo:

Still im confident we can stay up this year and hopefully 2011 i might just see us win!!:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 03:11 PM
:top marksAlthough its hard to be patient because due to money travel etc i can only get to about 10/15 games a season and the last time ive seen us win was 0-2 vs Aberdeen (stokes double) and that was 19th december 2009, over a year ago:boo hoo:

Still im confident we can stay up this year and hopefully 2011 i might just see us win!!:thumbsup:

Stay away, yer a judas. :wink:

greenlex
28-12-2010, 10:54 PM

Not to put too fine a point on it Andy. Thank ****.:)

Captain Trips
28-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Totally disagree time for patience was over 2, 3 years ago, hibs are doing dreadfully and its not acceptable. We were talking of being patient 4,5 years ago. Folk on here angry at the sale of Brown and Thmpson, dont worry be patient it will be worth it, yeah we won the cup but now look at the state of play. Patience has been served delivery required. 3rd bottom with talk of losing players to Hearts and others possibly on way out, rumours all be it but facts are playing dreadful and shocking league standing.

Shambles at ER.

Wembley67
29-12-2010, 07:59 AM

You made that sound dirty :greengrin