PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown, Communication??

HibeePaj
27-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Can anyone who sits in the FF behind the goals, or who has been behind the goals away from home this season tell me how Mark Brown's communication is with his defence?

Yesterday Hogg got pelters for heading the ball clear as Brown came out to grab the ball. Also Hart yesterday, and a couple of other times this season has looked shaky with poor last second back passes to the keeper when under pressure.

Our Defence has been shocking this season, im just curious as to how much the lack of communication and lack of direction with the defence has had to play on this.

Despite this, brown was still one of our best out there yesterday

WindyMiller
27-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Can anyone who sits in the FF behind the goals, or who has been behind the goals away from home this season tell me how Mark Brown's communication is with his defence?

Yesterday Hogg got pelters for heading the ball clear as Brown came out to grab the ball. Also Hart yesterday, and a couple of other times this season has looked shaky with poor last second back passes to the keeper when under pressure.

Our Defence has been shocking this season, im just curious as to how much the lack of communication and lack of direction with the defence has had to play on this.

Damned with faint praise.:rolleyes:

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 06:32 PM

I said that Brown was quiet at that point as well. Hogg was watching the ball and couldn't see the goalie.. MB couldn't have shouted because Hogg was committed to getting rid of the ball...

Iggy Pope
27-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Can anyone who sits in the FF behind the goals, or who has been behind the goals away from home this season tell me how Mark Brown's communication is with his defence? Yesterday Hogg got pelters for heading the ball clear as Brown came out to grab the ball. Also Hart yesterday, and a couple of other times this season has looked shaky with poor last second back passes to the keeper when under pressure.

I sit in the front row of the upper and I can tell you.

It's abominable.

His confidence is starting to look shot and I can see why. Being a Hibs goalie is challenging at the best of these times but........Grounds ( a charlatan, an impostor, a self-centred fannydancer that I hope we have seen the last of - I wish the first time had been the last and said so on here), Hogg (maybe been treated badly, but lacking professionalism on the park - shouldn't grace the strip again - will become our worst ever skipper soon, if he isn't already) and Hart (pace, guile, ability, strength - all sadly lacking and without these you can't play in a position he is supposedly expert at). With that lot masquerading as 3/4 of a back 4 in front of you what chance has he got?

HibeePaj
27-12-2010, 07:26 PM

It's abominable.

His confidence is starting to look shot and I can see why. Being a Hibs goalie is challenging at the best of these times but........Grounds ( a charlatan, an impostor, a self-centred fannydancer that I hope we have seen the last of - I wish the first time had been the last and said so on here), Hogg (maybe been treated badly, but lacking professionalism on the park - shouldn't grace the strip again - will become our worst ever skipper soon, if he isn't already) and Hart (pace, guile, ability, strength - all sadly lacking and without these you can't play in a position he is supposedly expert at). With that lot masquerading as 3/4 of a back 4 in front of you what chance has he got?

With the absence of Bamba there is actually no vocal presence at all. Even with Hogg back in the side, at CB, team captain, the only time he is making himself heard is when he is telling the fans to 'f*** off'.

Brown made some good saves yesterday and i feel he is a good enough keeper but he needs to find his voice or he will soon see Stack replacing him when he is back from injury.

archiebald
27-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I said that Brown was quiet at that point as well. Hogg was watching the ball and couldn't see the goalie.. MB couldn't have shouted because Hogg was committed to getting rid of the ball...
Well why didnt he just boot it (schoolboy stuff )

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Well why didnt he just boot it (schoolboy stuff )

IF MB had been shouting at Hogg to leave it , we wouldn't be having this conversation would we ???

Toaods
27-12-2010, 10:25 PM
IF MB had been shouting at Hogg to leave it , we wouldn't be having this conversation would we ???

not another to add to the increasingly lengthy list of keepers apportioned blame for bad communication with Hogg. It's getting as long as all the other duffers at centre half he's had to put up with. Statos would have a field day on this one.

lucky
27-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Can't believe anyone is questioning MB. He is best keeper we have had in ages. It's the clowns in front of him that are the problem

Toaods
27-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Can't believe anyone is questioning MB. He is best keeper we have had in ages. It's the clowns in front of him that are the problem

first time he's looked like his old ICT form.

HibeePaj
27-12-2010, 11:07 PM

I am not questioning, his physical, tactical goalkeeping attributes, i am questioning his communication with his defence and his command of the area. ''He is the best keeper we have had in ages'' Maybe so but let me tell you that is in no way a great feat. and certainly does not make him free from any criticism.

jane_says
28-12-2010, 12:20 AM

It's abominable.

why is Hanlon exempt from your criticism? personally thought he was awful yesterday, as were the rest of them.

Dunbar Hibee
28-12-2010, 03:01 AM
why is Hanlon exempt from your criticism? personally thought he was awful yesterday, as were the rest of them.

Would have to agree. Think PH is a promising player but was probably one of the worst yesterday.

steakbake
28-12-2010, 05:53 AM
MB made a good point the other day about how we dont defend from the front. Rarely do you see our attacking players challenging for the ball. They hang off and let the defence/defensive mf players do it. Hence the long hoofball counter-attacking pish which gives us precious few opportunities.

BigKev
28-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Mark Brown shouted something when Hogg headed the ball away. I was sat directly in line in the East about 5 rows from the front. :agree:

Hogg probably seen the Dons player closing in and given the mistakes he'd made beforehand took the safety first option.

Pretty sad were now analyzing every mistake in a game - shows how far we've fallen.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Great thread title. How about Merouane Zemmama: True, or Chris Hogg: Chant Number One (I Don't Need This Pressure On)

archiebald
28-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Can Hogg not think for himself ? NO :confused:

Iggy Pope
28-12-2010, 06:48 PM

My post wasn't based on Sunday alone..
Hanlon may not have been very good on Sunday but the three I mentioned are consistently tripe.

TrinityHibs
28-12-2010, 07:00 PM
My post wasn't based on Sunday alone..
Hanlon may not have been very good on Sunday but the three I mentioned are consistently tripe.

There was me thinking football was a team game. Individuals always make mistakes. Even Deeks. The team individually and collectively are tripe for whatever reason. This is going to be a long season because we are not getting a new team in the Januay sales

Iggy Pope
28-12-2010, 07:08 PM
There was me thinking football was a team game. Individuals always make mistakes. Even Deeks. The team individually and collectively are tripe for whatever reason. This is going to be a long season because we are not getting a new team in the Januay sales

The thread appears to be about Mark Brown communicating with his defence.