PDA

View Full Version : Team to play Dundee United

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Play a 4-4-2
No funny diamond in midfield giving us no width - 2 wide midfielders which will open up space for others. We are too narrow as a team right now and so predictable to play against - long ball constantly.

GK -Brown - He made some important saves yesterday - needs to sort out his starting position and communication with the defense.

RB - Wotherspoon (or Thicot) Not his ideal position but Hart is useless with the ball and without it.

CB - Bamba - if fit ? He will move from ER soon but he is good in the SPL.
CB - Stevens (why is he not given a chance ?) or Dickoh -why was Dickoh not playing yesterday ?

LB - Hanlon - did ok yesterday but lacking left backs and Grounds gives the ball away too much.

RM - Wotherspoon - if you play Thicot at right back. Wotherspoon showed good energy and better quality with the ball yesterday.
CM -McBride - chance to rediscover some form ?
CM - Miller / Murray - both too defensive - but not much choice - Miller keeps ball better but does little with it - Murray not scared to make a tackle but hasn't got the legs to last anymore.
LM - Riordan - I like him cutting in and goes past players more out wide.

F - Trakys - if fit ? Made some good runs yesterday and fed off scraps.
F - Nish - yes he's poor but if we are going to play long ball - why not have two players who might win a header up there ?

SUBS -

Galbriath - did ok when coming on yesterday - but just not good enough to start.

Zoomer - we need his creativity desperately but starting him when not match fit may set him back and miss the derby ?

Duffy - see above.

Plus any youngsters we have available ??!

Probably Murray for captain - we really do lack real leaders :agree:

Saorsa
27-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Play a 4-4-2
No funny diamond in midfield giving us no width - 2 wide midfielders which will open up space for others. We are too narrow as a team right now and so predictable to play against - long ball constantly.

GK -Brown - He made some important saves yesterday - needs to sort out his starting position and communication with the defense.

RB - Wotherspoon (or Thicot) Not his ideal position but Hart is useless with the ball and without it.

CB - Bamba - if fit ?
CB - Stevens (why is he not given a chance ?) or Dickoh -why was Dickoh not playing yesterday ?

LB - Hanlon - did ok yesterday but lacking left backs and Grounds gives the ball away too much.

RM - Wotherspoon - if you play Thicot at right back
CM -McBride - chance to rediscover some form ?
CM - Miller / Murray - both too defensive - but not much choice - Miller keeps ball better but does little with it - Murray not scared to make a tackle but hasn't got the legs to last anymore.
LM - Riordan - I like him cutting in and goes past players more out wide.

F - Trakys - if fit ? Made some good runs yesterday and fed off scraps.
F - Nish - yes he's poor but if we are going to play long ball - why not have two players who might win a header up there ?

SUBS -

Galbriath - did ok when coming on yesterday - but just not good enough to start.

Zoomer - we need his creativity desperately but starting him when not match fit may set him back and miss the derby ?

Duffy - see above.

Plus any youngsters we have available ??!

Probably Murray for captain - we really do lack real leaders :agree::hilarious :top marks

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 03:40 PM
:hilarious :top marks

I did say "might"......

Is this the same player ? :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLu2-pUwSMY

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 03:47 PM
GK-Brown

RB-Hart
CB-Dickoh
CB-Stephens
LB-Hanlon

RM-Wotherspoon
CM-Murray
CM-Miller
LM-Galbraith

CF-Riordan
CF-Trakys

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 03:50 PM
GK-Brown

RB-Hart
CB-Dickoh
CB-Stephens
LB-Hanlon

RM-Wotherspoon
CM-Murray
CM-Miller
LM-Galbraith

CF-Riordan
CF-Trakys

Not bad - Hart is crap though and offers nothing - even looks awkward when passing the ball.

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Not bad - Hart is crap though and offers nothing - even looks awkward when passing the ball.

I didn't think Hart looked that bad yesterday.. He has shifted some weight and looked a yard to or 2 quicker in the tackle.. I would persist with him for the time being..

.Sean.
27-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

Dropped are De Graff, Hogg, the anonymous Miller and the woeful Jonathan Grounds.

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Brown

Stevenson
Dickoh
Bamba (Stevens if not fit)
McCann

Galbraith
Murray
Miller
Wotherspoon

Trachys
Riordan

Zemmama to come on after an hour.

fife hfc
27-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I would go with three at the back (centre halves) as unless we stop leaking goals we will never win games.

Brown

Wotherspoon (RWB)
Hanlon (LWB)
Stephens
Murray
Dickoh

Bamba (DM)
Miller
De Graaf

Trakys
Riordan

SUBS- Smith, Hart, Grounds, Duffy, Zemmama, Galbraith, Welsh

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

Dropped are De Graff, Hogg, the anonymous Miller and the woeful Jonathan Grounds.

How can De Graff be dropped....he didn't start :greengrin

Hamish
27-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Going by CC on the official site appears he is thinking of throwing Duffy and Zemmama in and Stephens gets a mention as well. Taking a big chance on the first 2 and might put them back weeks if it doesn't come off.

Diclonius
27-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Same team as I suggested before the Aberdeen game.

Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Grounds

Wotherspoon de Graaf Murray Stevenson

Trakys Riordan

Hogg, Hanlon (if Bamba is fit), Rankin and Miller dropped. Simples.

Hamish
27-12-2010, 04:05 PM
GK-Brown

RB-Hart
CB-Dickoh
CB-Stephens
LB-Hanlon

RM-Wotherspoon
CM-Murray
CM-Miller
LM-Galbraith

CF-Riordan
CF-Trakys

That might not be far off the mark, though I think he might play De Graff instead of DG

.Sean.
27-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh aye! :greengrin

Well... I'd certainly no be starting him anyway, time to give others a chance :agree:

scoopyboy
27-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Brown

Stevenson
Dickoh
Bamba (Stevens if not fit)
McCann

Galbraith
Murray
Miller
Wotherspoon

Trachys
Riordan

Zemmama to come on after an hour.

Is McCann back from ICT yet?

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 04:13 PM
With Duffy, Zouma and Welsh all in contention for Wednesday ( According to CC, not me):

.....................Brown......................

Hart.......Dickoh.......Bamba........Hanlon

...................Stephens.....................

.........Miller...................Welsh.........

Wotherspoon.........................Riordan

......................Duffy....................... .

Bench: Stack....Murray....McBride...De Graaf...Galbraith...Zouma...Trakys

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Is McCann back from ICT yet?

I thought he was due back on 1st Jan?

If not, Spoony back at RB instead and Zemmama wide right midfield.

Diclonius
27-12-2010, 04:17 PM

He is.

The game is on the 29th December. :wink:

Hiber-nation
27-12-2010, 04:17 PM

McCann's injured, he was due back at ER in January, not sure when but he's been getting treatment for a knee injury and will be out for a few more weeks as I recall. Butcher recently said he wanted to keep a hold of him for the rest of the season.

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 04:20 PM
McCann's injured, he was due back at ER in January, not sure when but he's been getting treatment for a knee injury and will be out for a few more weeks as I recall. Butcher recently said he wanted to keep a hold of him for the rest of the season.

Let's get him back :agree:

Noticed he's injured and hasn't been playing for ICT recently.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2010, 04:25 PM

His not starting recently has been pathetic, some of the worst I have seem, drop him I say. At least until his not starting improves.:wink:

scoopyboy
27-12-2010, 04:26 PM

That's what I thought as well.

I assume you have just got your dates wrong (game on 29th).

If he was back, fit and eligible then I would have went with him as well.

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Dickoh
Hanlon

De Graaf
Miller
Murray
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

scoopyboy
27-12-2010, 04:47 PM
With Duffy, Zouma and Welsh all in contention for Wednesday ( According to CC, not me):

Don't think CC meant Welsh to start though.

More of with the team or possibly a place on the bench. The laddie hasn't kicked a ball in earnest for Hibs first team and after returning to fitness after bad injuries I simply can't imagine him starting.

I do however look forward to see him playing in the first team, he has the passion and battling abilities that so many of his teammates lack.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Ideal scenario and possibly wishful thinking;

Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Grounds

Wotherspoon
Miller
Murray
Zemmama

Duffy
Riordan

SUBS

Smith
Hogg
Rankin
de Graaf
Stevenson
Trakys
Nish

More likely scenario;

Brown

Hart
Hogg
Hanlon
Grounds

Wotherspoon
Miller
Rankin
Murray

Riordan
Trakys

SUBS

Smith
Stevenson
Dickoh
Zemmama
de Graaf
Nish
Duffy

andyhibeefan15
27-12-2010, 05:24 PM
:top marks:hnet::flag::notworthy::lolyam::casper::snowm an

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Don't think CC meant Welsh to start though.

More of with the team or possibly a place on the bench. The laddie hasn't kicked a ball in earnest for Hibs first team and after returning to fitness after bad injuries I simply can't imagine him starting.

I do however look forward to see him playing in the first team, he has the passion and battling abilities that so many of his teammates lack.

I don't expect him to start, but he hopefully has a bit more ability than Rankin/Stevenson.:aok:

fatbloke
27-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Banks

Brownlie
Puyol
Vidic
Schaedler

Edwards
Iniesta
Messi
Cropley

Baker
Reilly

A well I can dream:greengrin

Dr Jimmy
27-12-2010, 06:47 PM
What's happened to Stephens? Norwich fan at work had high hopes for him.

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 06:53 PM
That's what I thought as well.

I assume you have just got your dates wrong (game on 29th).

If he was back, fit and eligible then I would have went with him as well.

:doh:
Sorry, I was thinking of the derby.

jdships
27-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Well !
At least we now have more than twenty "managers " who seem to know "a bit" about football
When CC moves on will look out for their names on list of potential applicants :rolleyes:

:greengrin:wink:

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Well !
At least we now have more than twenty "managers " who seem to know "a bit" about football
When CC moves on will look out for their names on list of potential applicants :rolleyes:

:greengrin:wink:

I know **** all about football to be honest, but it passes the time pretending otherwise:greengrin

.Sean.
27-12-2010, 07:01 PM
:doh:
Sorry, I was thinking of the derby.
Don't think he will be eligible until the 2nd - Boothy is currently out on loan and won't be available to play for Hibs until then so i'd assume McCann will be in the same situation?

jdships
27-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I know **** all about football to be honest, but it passes the time pretending otherwise:greengrin

Brilliant !!! :greengrin:thumbsup:
You me and a good few others as well

:not worth

muirhousehibby
27-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Stephens Murray

Wotherspoon Miller Hanlon Galbraith

Trakys Riordan

Subs.
Smith,McBride,De Graff,Dickho,Nish

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Stephens Murray

Wotherspoon Miller Hanlon Galbraith

Trakys Riordan

Subs.
Smith,McBride,De Graff,Dickho,Nish

Shouldn't these two be the other way around ???

RoxburghHibs
27-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickho Hanlon

Murray

Wotherspoon Miller De Graff

Trakys Riordan

Subs.
Smith,Grounds,McBride,Zemmama,Stevens,Nish, Duffy

:thumbsup:

muirhousehibby
27-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't these two be the other way around ???

nope Hanlon played in midfield for a few years and from what i've seen his best position is still in midfield.

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 07:42 PM
:faf: priceless reading some of these....it truly shows why we are in such a mess...even the terracing managers can't even get close to ageeing on a team...

attempts at playing players out of position for random reasons that would make even some of our past managers blush...trying to play 2 same footed CH's etc etc...still the fact the potty choices will never be tested means the moral high ground can be maintained :greengrin

Brads Laing
27-12-2010, 08:03 PM
GK-Brown

RB-Hart
CB-Dickoh
CB-Stephens
LB-Hanlon

RM-Wotherspoon
CM-Murray
CM-Miller
LM-Galbraith

CF-Riordan
CF-Trakys
Agree with that team:agree:

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 09:04 PM
:faf: priceless reading some of these....it truly shows why we are in such a mess...even the terracing managers can't even get close to ageeing on a team...

attempts at playing players out of position for random reasons that would make even some of our past managers blush...trying to play 2 same footed CH's etc etc...still the fact the potty choices will never be tested means the moral high ground can be maintained :greengrin

The way I see it is that the squad is so unbalanced and full of pish that you have to play people out of position or play someone as there is no one else to replace them.

Like putting a jigsaw together with missing pieces or wrong shaped pieces. :greengrin

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 09:23 PM
:top marks:hnet::flag::notworthy::lolyam::casper::snowm an

:faf:

Stonewall
27-12-2010, 09:28 PM
We're going to have a "team" to play play Dundee Utd - I'll settle for that.

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 09:32 PM
We're going to have a "team" to play play Dundee Utd - I'll settle for that.

Well we haven't looked like a football TEAM for sometime so I hope your right.

At The Edge
27-12-2010, 09:33 PM
What's happened to Stephens? Norwich fan at work had high hopes for him.

Going by CC's interview on HTV. hes possibly in CC plans for the very near future, i wouldn't be surprised to see him at least on the bench on Wed.

Been decent every time i've seen him play for Hibs :agree:

Matty_Jack04
27-12-2010, 09:43 PM
brown

Wotherspoon
Stephens
Dickoh
Stevenson

Bamba

Riordan
Murray
Miller
De graff

Trakyss

Subs. Hanlon zemmama duffy hart welsh smith

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Wotherspoon had a good game yesterday in midfield.. Why would anyone want to move him into RB ???

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I think we will end up going for the same team that started on Sunday with the exception of Hogg.

I would go for;

Brown

Wotherspoon / Dickoh / Bamba / Grounds

Hart / Miller / Murray / Riordan

Trakys / Nish

I felt Wotherspoons best play came when he started deeper and got a bit of steam up, Hart has been defensively suspect but has at times got himself forward well.

I dont think there is any chance Zuma or Duffy will be available so I have opted for leaving them out.

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Wotherspoon had a good game yesterday in midfield.. Why would anyone want to move him into RB ???

:agree: If it aint broke don't fix it. Plenty other positions need addressed first.

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I think we will end up going for the same team that started on Sunday with the exception of Hogg.

I would go for;

Brown

Wotherspoon / Dickoh / Bamba / Grounds

Hart / Miller / Murray / Riordan

Trakys / Nish

I felt Wotherspoons best play came when he started deeper and got a bit of steam up, Hart has been defensively suspect but has at times got himself forward well.

I dont think there is any chance Zuma or Duffy will be available so I have opted for leaving them out.

Trakys and Nish up front? Hart at right midfield? Thank god you're not in charge! :faint:

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Trakys and Nish up front? Hart at right midfield? Thank god you're not in charge! :faint:

I missed your proposed team?

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I missed your proposed team?

Look harder.

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Thats impressive, three players in there (inc bench) that i would think have no chance of being near the team in terms of fitness, quite a lot of presure on your subs, given the length of time they have been out for I would think even if they could be fit, playing 60 mins would be a huge achievement.

Stephens as defensive midfielder, Hanlon at left back??

I would feel pretty comfortable putting my starting 11 up against yours!

PS apologies I missed it, did not notice the first page.

SteveHFC
27-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Stephens
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Welsh
Galbraith

Deeko

Subs:
Smith
Hart
Hanlon
Rankin
Miller
Duffy
Trakys

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Thats impressive, three players in there (inc bench) that i would think have no chance of being near the team in terms of fitness, quite a lot of presure on your subs, given the length of time they have been out for I would think even if they could be fit, playing 60 mins would be a huge achievement.

Stephens as defensive midfielder, Hanlon at left back??

I would feel pretty comfortable putting my starting 11 up against yours!

PS apologies I missed it, did not notice the first page.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101227/calderwood-trio-to-return_2262950_2252371

If the manager think's they are fit enough thats good enough for me.

Stephens has shown that he can be adaptable, coming on as centre forward against St Johnstone and as a RWB against Celtic. I think we lack power in the centre of the park and it would be worth a try putting him in as cover for our leaky defence.

Hanlon is in at LB because he wouldnt get caught out of position as badly as Grounds and he's too weak to play at CB at the moment IMO. Murray doesn't have the pace for LB and Stevenson isn't a LB either. So I'd give Hanlon the nod there.

Welsh I've no idea about but I'd rather he was given a chance than we persisted with John Rankin.

My theoretical team would pish all over your theoretical team Albion Hibs! :take that

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101227/calderwood-trio-to-return_2262950_2252371

If the manager think's they are fit enough thats good enough for me.

Stephens has shown that he can be adaptable, coming on as centre forward against St Johnstone and as a RWB against Celtic. I think we lack power in the centre of the park and it would be worth a try putting him in as cover for our leaky defence.

Hanlon is in at LB because he wouldnt get caught out of position as badly as Grounds and he's too weak to play at CB at the moment IMO. Murray doesn't have the pace for LB and Stevenson isn't a LB either. So I'd give Hanlon the nod there.

Welsh I've no idea about but I'd rather he was given a chance than we persisted with John Rankin.

My theoretical team would pish all over your theoretical team Albion Hibs! :take that

I believe he says that over the next two games, Dundee Utd then hertz, he would hope to have one of them available. I like your optimism / conversion of that into two being in the starting 11, with the other on the bench!

With regards to Stephens, the only time I have seen him play a proper game was against QoS and he looked okay, playing him in a position he does not play for 90 mins is a bit different though, I am sure you would agree. Other than that I remember him touching the ball and handful of times against celtic, and then winning a couple of headers against St J.

I do think he will get his chance, but I would hope it was in his actual position, it may not even be this season as we have a squad of defenders but thats another debate.

With regards to Hanlon last time I saw him play left back was after making a early trek to Aberdeen where he got felt up for the entire game. Grounds IMO is a better LB than him, he has however dropped in terms of performance, probably thinking too much about train times to M'Boro. I do not think Hanlon is a better LB than Murray, it would also appear that Mixu, Yogi and Calderwood share that view - all have a reasonable amount more managerial experience than me.

Re Welsh, yeah maybe, Stevenson also falls into that bracket though.

Far to many changes in your team, an outfield of midgets that would be wrestled off the ball - I would relish the first corner / free kick into the box on our theoretical match!

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I believe he says that over the next two games, Dundee Utd then hertz, he would hope to have one of them available. I like your optimism / conversion of that into two being in the starting 11, with the other on the bench!

With regards to Stephens, the only time I have seen him play a proper game was against QoS and he looked okay, playing him in a position he does not play for 90 mins is a bit different though, I am sure you would agree. Other than that I remember him touching the ball and handful of times against celtic, and then winning a couple of headers against St J.

I do think he will get his chance, but I would hope it was in his actual position, it may not even be this season as we have a squad of defenders but thats another debate.

With regards to Hanlon last time I saw him play left back was after making a early trek to Aberdeen where he got felt up for the entire game. Grounds IMO is a better LB than him, he has however dropped in terms of performance, probably thinking too much about train times to M'Boro. I do not think Hanlon is a better LB than Murray, it would also appear that Mixu, Yogi and Calderwood share that view - all have a reasonable amount more managerial experience than me.

Re Welsh, yeah maybe, Stevenson also falls into that bracket though.

Far to many changes in your team, an outfield of midgets that would be wrestled off the ball - I would relish the first corner / free kick into the box on our theoretical match!

You would just have as struggle on with the same diddies that have taken us into a relegation dogfight I suppose then?

We need to make changes. Wether that be risking a couple of players coming back from injury or giving young lads a chance then so be it. I'm sick of seeing these losers struggle their way through games.

Murray was massively exposed at LB at the end of last season and was rightly put into DM.

Stevenson doesn't fall into the same bracket as Welsh. Welsh is a young player who Hibs have high hopes for. He's not kicked a ball competitvely for Hibs due to injury. Stevenson is a player who's career has gone backwards and I'm not even sure what his best position is. But its not at LB.

silverhibee
27-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I didn't think Hart looked that bad yesterday.. He has shifted some weight and looked a yard to or 2 quicker in the tackle.. I would persist with him for the time being..

Nae chance he was rank rotten for us yesterday and has been for the last few games, had high hope,s for him but if he left i wouldn't mind too much.

IndieHibby
27-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon RWB
Stephens CB
Bamba CB
Dickoh CB
Murray LWB

Mcbride CM
Miller CM

Zemmama RW
Galbraith LW

Riordan ST

silverhibee
27-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Going by CC on the official site appears he is thinking of throwing Duffy and Zemmama in and Stephens gets a mention as well. Taking a big chance on the first 2 and might put them back weeks if it doesn't come off.

He may have to take a chance with Duffy from the start as Deek is struggling to make the game on Wednesday due to injury.

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Nae chance he was rank rotten for us yesterday and has been for the last few games, had high hope,s for him but if he left i wouldn't mind too much.

:agree:

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 11:46 PM
He may have to take a chance with Duffy from the start as Deek is struggling to make the game on Wednesday due to injury.

Let's hope he's fit for the derby....

I saw him go down in the game yesterday - what has he done?

silverhibee
27-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Let's hope he's fit for the derby....

I saw him go down in the game yesterday - what has he done?

A knee injury.

eastmainsmsh
28-12-2010, 02:13 AM
.............................................brown .................................................. ....

Thicot...............bamba........................ ......dickoh.........................hanlon

wotherspoon...........zemmama....................m urray..........................stevenson

...................................duffy.......... ...riordan........................................ ...

JimBHibees
28-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Hanlon
Grounds

Wotherspoon
Miller
Murray
De Graff
Deek (or Rankin if deek injured)

Trakys

scoopyboy
28-12-2010, 08:11 AM

0-0 is the best we are gonna get then.

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-12-2010, 08:17 AM
________________Brown__________________
___Thicot_____Dickoh_Murray(c)______Hanlon___
Wotherspoon__McBride_Bamba_______Galbraith
_____________________Riordan_____________
______________Trakys

smith
stephens
hart
miller
zemmama
duffly
nish

archiebald
28-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Was Duffy close to playing on Sunday ? :confused:

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 01:58 PM
0-0 is the best we are gonna get then.

Hopefully he makes it, but we did manage to score 3 at Ibrox without him.

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Was Duffy close to playing on Sunday ? :confused:

Duffy and Zemamma warmed up with the team on Sunday.

silverhibee
28-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hopefully he makes it, but we did manage to score 3 at Ibrox without him.

And who has scored our other goals since that game.

borstalboy
28-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Why do people want thicot at RB?....he's mince, we should cut our losses with him, he's done nothing of worthy note to be mentioned in a starting position.

IMO, we should play Witherspoon at right back. He had his best games for us last year at right back. Maybe we could mould him like we did with Whittaker?!

hibsbollah
28-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Why do people want thicot at RB?....he's mince, we should cut our losses with him, he's done nothing of worthy note to be mentioned in a starting position.

IMO, we should play Witherspoon at right back. He had his best games for us last year at right back. Maybe we could mould him like we did with Whittaker?!

He's had a number of good performances, including two against the yams. Neither were at RB though, and I agree he's no use out there.

edit-saying that, i think only one person suggested him

essexhibee
28-12-2010, 05:07 PM
------------------------------------M.Brown-----------------------------------------

-----------M.Hart-----------S.Bamba------D.Stephens--------F.Dickoh--------P.Hanlon---

---------D.Wotherspoon-------D.Riordan----M.Zemmama----------D.Galbraith------

-------------------------------------V.Trackys------------------------------------------

MENTAL 5-4-1 . Defence! Defence! :greengrin:greengrin

We need to stop leaking goals and that brute defence has the ability to do it. A creative central pair that can roam forward and when they go forward one of the three central pair drops into midfield to cover. Big man Valdas up front to win the ball.

Probably a ridiculous formation but it sounded good in my head :greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibsbollah
28-12-2010, 05:32 PM
------------------------------------M.Brown-----------------------------------------

-----------M.Hart-----------S.Bamba------D.Stephens--------F.Dickoh--------P.Hanlon---

---------D.Wotherspoon-------D.Riordan----M.Zemmama----------D.Galbraith------

-------------------------------------V.Trackys------------------------------------------

MENTAL 5-4-1 . Defence! Defence! :greengrin:greengrin

We need to stop leaking goals and that brute defence has the ability to do it. A creative central pair that can roam forward and when they go forward one of the three central pair drops into midfield to cover. Big man Valdas up front to win the ball.

Probably a ridiculous formation but it sounded good in my head :greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since those midfielders are attacking by nature, that looks like Mixu's 5-0-5. Stops us getting bypassed in midfield i suppose, we just ignore it totally:greengrin

Dirkster23
28-12-2010, 07:02 PM
And who has scored our other goals since that game.

FFS, all i was saying was that the last time Riordan didn't play we still managed to score 3. Not everything posted on here's a dig at him :bitchy:

Cropley10
28-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Wasn't Thicot at Clarefontaine academy though?:confused:

yekimevol
28-12-2010, 10:44 PM
xmas tree formation
brown
hart bamba hanlon stevenson
rankin murray galbraith
wortherspoon riordan
trakies

subs
flynn stephens miller zemmama duffy homer de graff
hoping that the two attacking midfielders give us more options :\

half time subs zouma for rankin with wortherspoon dropping back to right mid. Also duffy must come on for half an hour.

Franck is God
28-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I would go with something completely different and play with a back three and stretch the midfield right across the pitch.

Hopefully it would give us plenty width and give Miller and Riordan some support in the middle of the pitch. Would definitely look to introduce Duffy and Zemmama in the second half.

Brown

Stephens---Bamba---Hanlon

Wotherspoon---Welsh---McBride---Miller---Galbraith

Riordan

Nish

Subs

Smith
Hart
Dickoh
DeGraaf
Rankin
Zemmama
Duffy

Expecting Rain
29-12-2010, 09:51 AM
BROWN

WOTHERSPOON
DICKOH
HANLON
MURRAY

ZEMMAMA
BAMBA
MILLER
RIORDAN

NISH
TRACKYS

Please note that i have included two poor forwards as there are none at the club barring Duffy possibly who if i remember was probably more wide left, the inclusion of Wotherspoon and Murray is at the expense of Hart and Grounds who both seem to be well short of confidence, Bamba would certainly beef up the midfield in support of Miller and yes Zemmama would be a gamble but we need a good start, if the worse comes to the worse and we`re restricted to long balls maybe Nish or Trackys might win a profitable header, i may add the last part is wishful thinking, the most positive part of the selection would be the absence of Hogg and Rankin which might be good for the team psychologically.:wink:

jon paul jones
29-12-2010, 10:19 AM
How do we combat the pace of goodwillie tonight? There is not many folk canny enough to defend against him and keep him in the back pocket.

I'd get someone to get professional on him from the 1st minute and not let him dictate. Always within the rules of the game as ever.:wink:

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 10:42 AM
BROWN

WOTHERSPOON
DICKOH
HANLON
MURRAY

ZEMMAMA
BAMBA
MILLER
RIORDAN

NISH
TRACKYS

Please note that i have included two poor forwards as there are none at the club barring Duffy possibly who if i remember was probably more wide left, the inclusion of Wotherspoon and Murray is at the expense of Hart and Grounds who both seem to be well short of confidence, Bamba would certainly beef up the midfield in support of Miller and yes Zemmama would be a gamble but we need a good start, if the worse comes to the worse and we`re restricted to long balls maybe Nish or Trackys might win a profitable header, i may add the last part is wishful thinking, the most positive part of the selection would be the absence of Hogg and Rankin which might be good for the team psychologically.:wink:
IF Miller plays, of course :cool2:

GreenCastle
29-12-2010, 11:09 PM
So no one predicted the right team :greengrin