PDA

View Full Version : Where are we going ??

PISTOL1875
27-12-2010, 02:35 PM
First and foremost I'd like to express my sheer disappointment after yesterday's result.. Even though we all knew how Aberdeen were gonna play with CB and AK going to do the obvious and set them up so they would be hard to break down , I honestly felt we would've had enough to win the game yesterday..

If CC and DA never knew what type of a job they had on there hands before then after the match yesterday then they sure as hell have now.. Sitting behind the home dug-out every week certainly gives you an insight to the management teams thoughts on our current problems and what needs to be done to rectify the situation we have got ourselves into..

Can you take any positives from yesterdays match ?? David Wotherspoon played a fantastic match yesterday. Bright , popping up all over the place , plenty of energy in getting himself around the park and while in possession looking to take his man on at every opportunity. We might now see the DW who broke into the team last season on a central midfield role and not the DW who was being played in every position possible by the previous manager..

Another positve is the performance of Mark Brown.. Hung out to dry by the '' defenders '' infront of him , 2 cracking saves at the beginning of the second half kept the scores level until Aberdeen got there winner.. Without MB 2-1 could've and should've been 3-1 or maybe 4-1..

Between the 2 sides there wasn't much going into the match yesterday but with new management team at Aberdeen the inevitable was always a strong possibility..

Things need to be done to improve us all over the park. Again , our defence has been bullied by the opposing forward.. A repeat performance of the match against Hertz where Kyle gave our defence a torrid time was on show for us all to see yesterday... Scott Vernon and then in the 2nd half the sub Magennis gave us all sorts of problems which we couldn't do anything to stop.

Our midfield is far too lightweight. We have seen this for a while and the previous manager highlighted this issue but done nothing to stiffen us up in there.. CC has brought Murray into the middle to try and add some bite in there but with bottle merchants such as Liam Miller in there , he is fighting a losing battle.. Bullied and bossed again yesterday , a repeat performance of the defeat against Hertz in which Ian Black ran the game , what chance do we have.. Miller's ability is there for all to see but his inability to use is showing through..

Chris Hogg I feel has played his last game for Hibs.. I'd hate to see him leave in such a bad way but unfortunetly I feel there is no way back for him now.. I don't believe he is that bad a player , I do feel the problem lies with him being made captain.. Since been given the armband at the start of last season, his form went down the toilet rapidly. Being taken out for a while during last season and then brought back in didn't help him in any way so maybe it was right for him to be relieved of the captaincy..

The return of Zemmama is going to be so crucial to a team that has no pace , no creativity and no ideas in it..

CC has a massive job on his hands and the transfer window is going to be crucial if we are going to escape the potential relegation battle we could find ourselves slipping into...

sunshine1875
27-12-2010, 09:53 PM
You have put a lot more effort in writing this - much more than our team has put in the pitch, so I thought you deserved some sort of response.

IMO I think you have summed up things well - re Wotherspoon, Brown, need for Zemmama, lightweight midfield and poor defence etc.

Having watched the hightlights, it reinforced my view at the match that that was without doubt the worst Aberdeen team I have ever seen. IF we got at them in the first twenty minutes I think they would have crumbled. Instead, I remember before they scored that our play was far to tippy tappy trying to play like Arsenal without the skill waiting for an opportunity to come our way rather than taking the game by the 'short and curlies' and stranging the life our of a very poor side.

We are a poor side, but I really do believe that Aberdeen at the moment are worse. However, yesterday's result could have an effect on both teams with Aberdeen having beaten us will get a boost and a win against Hamilton will take them above us before we play Utd. I really do believe that yesterday was a missed opportunity to take us 8 points ahead of the bottom and get us moving in the right direction. I cannot believe that our players started the game so slow and lacking in desire to stamp their authority on the game.

Finally, last comment on Hogg. He is so unbelievably slow. Slow across the ground is bad enough, but it is compounded by slow between the lugs. Contrast that with Sauzee - not the quickest player in the world, but his decision-making and ability to get us out of trouble was fantastic. Hogg - it is time to go!

First and foremost I'd like to express my sheer disappointment after yesterday's result.. Even though we all knew how Aberdeen were gonna play with CB and AK going to do the obvious and set them up so they would be hard to break down , I honestly felt we would've had enough to win the game yesterday..

If CC and DA never knew what type of a job they had on there hands before then after the match yesterday then they sure as hell have now.. Sitting behind the home dug-out every week certainly gives you an insight to the management teams thoughts on our current problems and what needs to be done to rectify the situation we have got ourselves into..

Can you take any positives from yesterdays match ?? David Wotherspoon played a fantastic match yesterday. Bright , popping up all over the place , plenty of energy in getting himself around the park and while in possession looking to take his man on at every opportunity. We might now see the DW who broke into the team last season on a central midfield role and not the DW who was being played in every position possible by the previous manager..

Another positve is the performance of Mark Brown.. Hung out to dry by the '' defenders '' infront of him , 2 cracking saves at the beginning of the second half kept the scores level until Aberdeen got there winner.. Without MB 2-1 could've and should've been 3-1 or maybe 4-1..

Between the 2 sides there wasn't much going into the match yesterday but with new management team at Aberdeen the inevitable was always a strong possibility..

Things need to be done to improve us all over the park. Again , our defence has been bullied by the opposing forward.. A repeat performance of the match against Hertz where Kyle gave our defence a torrid time was on show for us all to see yesterday... Scott Vernon and then in the 2nd half the sub Magennis gave us all sorts of problems which we couldn't do anything to stop.

Our midfield is far too lightweight. We have seen this for a while and the previous manager highlighted this issue but done nothing to stiffen us up in there.. CC has brought Murray into the middle to try and add some bite in there but with bottle merchants such as Liam Miller in there , he is fighting a losing battle.. Bullied and bossed again yesterday , a repeat performance of the defeat against Hertz in which Ian Black ran the game , what chance do we have.. Miller's ability is there for all to see but his inability to use is showing through..

Chris Hogg I feel has played his last game for Hibs.. I'd hate to see him leave in such a bad way but unfortunetly I feel there is no way back for him now.. I don't believe he is that bad a player , I do feel the problem lies with him being made captain.. Since been given the armband at the start of last season, his form went down the toilet rapidly. Being taken out for a while during last season and then brought back in didn't help him in any way so maybe it was right for him to be relieved of the captaincy..

The return of Zemmama is going to be so crucial to a team that has no pace , no creativity and no ideas in it..

CC has a massive job on his hands and the transfer window is going to be crucial if we are going to escape the potential relegation battle we could find ourselves slipping into...