PDA

View Full Version : Big Positive from Yesterday

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 02:24 PM
It was great to see Zemmama on the pitch yesterday with the rest of the players. He looked pretty fit and sharp (as much as you could tell from the limited time / work out)

Great idea to get him back into the match day feeling - he looked pleased to be out there

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Was this before kickoff or at HT? I never noticed him:confused:

Mikey
27-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Duffy was out there too.

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 02:32 PM

part of the pre-match training / warm up before the shooting....him and Miller looked handy together in the possession play :greengrin

CMac1988
27-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Pre match warm up before KO. Duffy was also on the pitch.

Keith_M
27-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Before the match, I think he went inside about 2:50. I was kinda hoping when I saw him that he was actually getting a game, even as a sub.

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 02:35 PM
A half fit Zoomer would be better than these wage thieves:agree:

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 02:36 PM
:brickwallSee, i miss all these pre-match things because of the unfeasibly long pie queues. Petrie!

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 02:39 PM
:brickwallSee, i miss all these pre-match things because of the unfeasibly long pie queues. Petrie!

Get some lunch down you before match then :wink: save you missing gems and being significantly lighter in the pocket

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Before the match, I think he went inside about 2:50. I was kinda hoping when I saw him that he was actually getting a game, even as a sub.

Yup when i first saw him i was thinking sub :not worth...to be honest having him on the bench might have been a lift in itsself given that a few will never be used anyway

CapitalHibs
27-12-2010, 02:48 PM
On the fishul site - CC saying Zoomer and Duffy could be in contention for Wed's game.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101227/calderwood-trio-to-return_2262950_2252371

PaulSmith
27-12-2010, 02:55 PM
And Welsh.

Would surprise me to see 2 out of the 3 start and all 5 (inc Byrne and Booth) in the 18 that are stripped for Tynecastle.

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 02:56 PM
On the fishul site - CC saying Zoomer and Duffy could be in contention for Wed's game.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101227/calderwood-trio-to-return_2262950_2252371

Thats decided me...i'll be there too then:flag:

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Thanks CH had not seen that...Zemamma is about the only thing that could put a few extra bums on seats right now....

Glad to Hear Sean Welsh being talked of as part of things as when i watched a lot of the double wining U19's he was the best of them all :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 03:08 PM

That is music to my ears.

I hope the pair of them are able to play on Wednesday and that neither of them have a bad reaction that puts them out for the derby. :pray:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2010, 03:11 PM
That's got to be the best Xmas pressie any Hibee could ask for :thumbsup:

Come on Hibs :flag::flag:

Westie1875
27-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Finally a bit of good news, nice wee sub appearance from both on Weds before a start at the PBS would go down a treat if they're fit enough.

fife hfc
27-12-2010, 03:48 PM
The two have not played all season, so we should not expect too much from them too early. It will take a few games for them to find their feet and hopefully they do it quickly. but it a bad time for them to come back in as if they don't come back flying then a lot of fans will get on their backs.

seanraff07
27-12-2010, 04:53 PM

Would be brilliant if either can come on at some stage in the game, especially Zouma!

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I said many times a couple of years ago that Welsh was the best CM player in the youths since KT. Great passer / tackler and reader of the game..i predicted he would get into the squad this season and make the holding midfield role his own by the end of this season (that was before he got injured of course)....i expected him to be under study to McBride (what on earth has happened to him :confused:)
We need him to succeed even more right now as Murray is past it...can't get why his tackling is praised when most of it on Sunday was needed due to him having lost it in he first place :rolleyes:

I accept that too much pressure could be put on returning players...but what option is there...we badly need a lift of any kind and the fans back supporting who ever has a shirt on....such a lift is more likley to come from someone like Zemmama than those in possession of the shirts. Also if Duffy still has pace it will be like a dream from the one paced unable to pass a man forwards we currently have...

Quite looking forward to Wednesday now :greengrin...glass Half Full

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I said many times a couple of years ago that Welsh was the best CM player in the youths since KT. Great passer / tackler and reader of the game..i predicted he would get into the squad this season and make the holding midfield role his own by the end of this season (that was before he got injured of course)....i expected him to be under study to McBride (what on earth has happened to him :confused:)

We need him to succeed even more right now as Murray is past it...can't get why his tackling is praised when most of it on Sunday was needed due to him having lost it in he first place :rolleyes:
I would agree that Welsh's return from injury is great news.

But to expect him, following a long recovery from injury, to make his debut in the SPL and make a difference to this distinctly average Hibs side, is unfair on the lad.

There's more than enough pressure of expectation on the likes of Byrne and Booth who have not been laid off with injury.

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I would agree that Welsh's return from injury is great news.

But to expect him, following a long recovery from injury, to make his debut in the SPL and make a difference to this distinctly average Hibs side, is unfair on the lad.

There's more than enough pressure of expectation on the likes of Byrne and Booth who have not been laid off with injury.

Naughty :wink:...you only quoted half the post

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Naughty :wink:...you only quoted half the post
:greengrin Slightly more than half, to be fair - all of which was talking about young Welsh.

Of all the five 'returnees' currently being discussed, I would expect the least from him given what he's been through this year in terms of injury.

I wish McCann was also coming back from ICT - but someone suggested that he was injured again. :dunno:

sunshine1875
27-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Zemmama looked very good. In the pre-match six aside drill, he was the guy always looking for the ball and playing the passes that no other player could even think of.

He looked ready to me!

Cod Boy
28-12-2010, 12:31 AM
zouma is a player we could do him with right now. A player who will get the ball and get bums off seats but i think if he plays at the pbs they ****bags will kick the daffy duck out of him