PDA

View Full Version : 14-1 with Hills

marleyhib
27-12-2010, 11:01 AM
to get relegated, must say I am tempted after yesterday

Hibs90
27-12-2010, 11:02 AM

What are the odds on Hibs finishing top 6?

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 11:07 AM
14/1 does seem generous, particularly as one of Hamilton's games in hand is against us at New Douglas Park!

Green Man
27-12-2010, 01:11 PM
14/1 does seem generous, particularly as one of Hamilton's games in hand is against us at New Douglas Park!

It's not a game in hand if its against us:greengrin

Future17
27-12-2010, 01:13 PM

I got 25/1 when I put my bet on this.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Next 5 games

Dundee Utd
Hearts
Celtic
Motherwell
Rangers

Arguably the 5 toughest teams in the League 14/1 is MASSIVE in 4 weeks we could be 4/1 or shorter a tidy wee profit to be made.

And if Hibs win 3 of these games then we will all be happy and wont mind losing a Pony

Jim44
27-12-2010, 06:17 PM
14/1 is amazing and worth a punt if it wasn't so disloyal.

IWasThere2016
27-12-2010, 10:03 PM
14/1 is amazing and worth a punt if it wasn't so disloyal.

Persuade HibbyAndy to bet on us going down and we're as safe as houses :agree:

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2010, 10:15 PM
wow.....how pathetic can people get.

why don't you just rip up your ST and piss off along to the PBS?

Jamesie
27-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Or stick £20 on at 14/1 which should cover the cost of a season ticket in the First Division, or so you would hope :greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Next 5 games

Dundee Utd
Hearts
Celtic
Motherwell
Rangers

Arguably the 5 toughest teams in the League 14/1 is MASSIVE in 4 weeks we could be 4/1 or shorter a tidy wee profit to be made.

And if Hibs win 3 of these games then we will all be happy and wont mind losing a Pony

6th game D Utd away :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steve-O
28-12-2010, 01:00 AM

Would you bet against it?

bigstu
28-12-2010, 02:42 AM
we are ***** but i can almost guarantee we will not be relegated & i'm willing to be my flat on it. We've been there done that & itll not happen again! if we do get a sniff of that then we better pack in any protest crap & all get behind the team, i like many have done relegation & its not a nice thing, it can ruin a club.

Tricla
28-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Any Hibs fan who puts money on us to get relegated is not a fan and can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Any Hibs fan who puts money on us to get relegated is not a fan and can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Get over yourself. You constantly take this uber fan position, and as far as I'm concerned, it makes you sound a wee bit sad.

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't bet against Hibs any more than I would bet on them. I like a punt now & again, but I have a superstition against betting on the Hibees.

Having said that ... If you are a betting man / woman and having seen our next 6 fixtures you would be mental not to stick a tenner on that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you bumped into half the bloody team in the bookies.

Craig_in_Prague
28-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Betting is done with your head, not your heart.

So if people think 14/1 on Hibs going down is good value for money, it's there choice.
What if I take Hearts on the odd weekend on my coupon... Is that bad too?

Get a grip.

HibbyAndy
28-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Are Hibs serious relegation candidates? You better believe we are.

Hibercelona
28-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Have to admit to being a tad bit tempted myself.

Sad times... :boo hoo:

mim
28-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Betting is done with your head, not your heart.

So if people think 14/1 on Hibs going down is good value for money, it's there choice.

Precisely.

There is absolutely no connection between betting and team loyalty.
One is an attempt to win money. The other is about love for your team.
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Precisely.

There is absolutely no connection between betting and team loyalty.
One is an attempt to win money. The other is about love for your team.
The two are not mutually exclusive.

I agree. I'm sneaking of to Hill's right now.

Dub
28-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Unbelievable. I thought the bounce was getting a bit down because of our form. This takes the biscuit though. Betting on Hibs getting relegated. Any Hibs fan who does this should be ashamed of themselves.

And, you'll lose your money.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Unbelievable. I thought the bounce was getting a bit down because of our form. This takes the biscuit though. Betting on Hibs getting relegated. Any Hibs fan who does this should be ashamed of themselves.

And, you'll lose your money.

:faf:

Tricla
28-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Get over yourself. You constantly take this uber fan position, and as far as I'm concerned, it makes you sound a wee bit sad.

Explain to me why suggesting that those 'supporters' who bet on their own team being relegated should GTF makes me an uber fan?

I know that betting is done with your head and not your heart but I can't understand why Hibs supporter would want to prosper from our demise?

Sitting at ER watching us lose whilst banking on us being relegated seems more sad to me don't you think?

Or is that how us 'uber fans' think?
:na na:

Ed De Gramo
28-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Explain to me why suggesting that those 'supporters' who bet on their own team being relegated should GTF makes me an uber fan?

I know that betting is done with your head and not your heart but I can't understand why Hibs supporter would want to prosper from our demise?

Sitting at ER watching us lose whilst banking on us being relegated seems more sad to me don't you think?

:top marks

'my team have been relegated...never mind, i've got £?? to put towards a bevvy next week'

Steve-O
28-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Unless people are talking about putting their life savings on the bet, then I doubt many would be sitting there willing the team to be relegated for the sake of a 10 quid bet or whatever.

IF they get relegated, there's 140 quid to help cheer you up, if not, great, you lost 10 quid, whoopee doo.

You seem to be suggesting that by putting money on people WANT Hibs to be relegated.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2010, 03:14 PM
:top marks

'my team have been relegated...never mind, i've got £?? to put towards a bevvy next week'

Nobody is going to say "never mind, I've got £x to put towards a bevvy", if Hibs get relegated every single one of us is going to be gutted, you better believe it. However in the cold light of day, a team that has lost 24 games in 2010, is 5 points off the bottom with Hamilton having 2 games in hand(one of which is a guarenteed 3 points against Hibs at home:rolleyes:) and players that WE KNOW don't have the bottle for a relegation fight, 14-1 is magic odds and my head says I'd be daft not to gamble on that.

Killiehibbie
28-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Is there more than a 6.66% chance of us finishing bottom? If you believe there is buy it as an insurance policy. What are the chances of your house getting robbed or flooded? You buy insurance for that.

Dub
28-12-2010, 03:35 PM
:faf:

I was being serious

.Sean.
28-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Could not agree more.

Calvin
28-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Could not agree more.

Why? I can either make money out of our misfortune or not. I would definitely rather lose my money than for Hibs to actually get relegated. We've got a very long thread on this board about profiting from the bookies. This is just another example.

It is entirely unrelated to my support of Hibs - I'll still be cheering them on for every point we can muster.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 03:59 PM

A simple explanation is that you have taken it on yourself to decide who can and can't support the team. Slightly arrogant is the nicest way to describe that attitude.

What I think is sad is that you can't see that it is only a game. I realise it is more than that to some people, but maybe it is replacing something else in their lives :dunno:.

I'm also a bit worried that you don't seem to have any insight into your thoughts, and are asking someone else what you think. Your business, just like it's other people's business whether they bet against Hibs.

I don't think I could bet against them and enjoy it, but I think it's going a bit far to tell others to GTF if that's what they want to do.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I was being serious

I know. :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 04:18 PM
No Sentiment in Gambling

But

If anyone thinks because I may have £20 on Hibs to be relegated I want to see them relegated has serious issues.

It is a silly bet bet who cares it IS VALUE looking at next 6 fixtures.

Tricla
28-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Unless people are talking about putting their life savings on the bet, then I doubt many would be sitting there willing the team to be relegated for the sake of a 10 quid bet or whatever.

IF they get relegated, there's 140 quid to help cheer you up, if not, great, you lost 10 quid, whoopee doo.

You seem to be suggesting that by putting money on people WANT Hibs to be relegated.

How is that going to cheer any Hibs fan up if we were relegated?

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 05:05 PM
How is that going to cheer any Hibs fan up if we were relegated?

They could spend it on a night out with their wives or partners, oh wait a minute....

Tricla
28-12-2010, 05:06 PM
A simple explanation is that you have taken it on yourself to decide who can and can't support the team. Slightly arrogant is the nicest way to describe that attitude.

What I think is sad is that you can't see that it is only a game. I realise it is more than that to some people, but maybe it is replacing something else in their lives :dunno:.

I'm also a bit worried that you don't seem to have any insight into your thoughts, and are asking someone else what you think. Your business, just like it's other people's business whether they bet against Hibs.

I don't think I could bet against them and enjoy it, but I think it's going a bit far to tell others to GTF if that's what they want to do.

You managed to deduce all of that from me telling some people to GTF for betting on their team to get relegated?

If you're not a psychologist then your in the wrong job!

Tricla
28-12-2010, 05:08 PM
They could spend it on a night out with their wives or partners, oh wait a minute....

Did Santa no come to the shangri la or are you normally this grumpy!

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 05:10 PM
You managed to deduce all of that from me telling some people to GTF for betting on their team to get relegated?

If you're not a psychologist then your in the wrong job!

What I deduced was that you sounded arrogant because you could only see your view of the situation. That's not psychology it's just common sense.

Then again, maybe the way I interpret getting told to GTF is different from others. :dunno:

Just for clarity, are people allowed to bet against Hibs, if not why not?

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Did Santa no come to the shangri la or are you normally this grumpy!

:greengrin I'm normally this grumpy, you were hardly a ray of sunshine yourself with your opening post though.

Tricla
28-12-2010, 05:30 PM
What I deduced was that you sounded arrogant because you could only see your view of the situation. That's not psychology it's just common sense.

Then again, maybe the way I interpret getting told to GTF is different from others. :dunno:

Just for clarity, are people allowed to bet against Hibs, if not why not?

That is the problem with forums and social networks in general. You assumed I was being arrogant from what I typed but I was just giving my opinion which is what this site is all about.

People are in fact allowed to bet against Hibs both morally and legally. I wasn't saying they weren't allowed.

But in my opinion it isn't acceptable as a 'supporter' and I (like many, many others I'd wager) do not want to sit next to people at ER who would have some interest in us being relegated.

In my opinion they can GTF.

Craig_in_Prague
28-12-2010, 05:35 PM
That is the problem with forums and social networks in general. You assumed I was being arrogant from what I typed but I was just giving my opinion which is what this site is all about.

People are in fact allowed to bet against Hibs both morally and legally. I wasn't saying they weren't allowed.

But in my opinion it isn't acceptable as a 'supporter' and I (like many, many others I'd wager) do not want to sit next to people at ER who would have some interest in us being relegated.

Those going all the time to games are best placed to know how a team is performing, thus if they don't see them staying up, they're entitled to have a bet on that. Football betting is done with your brains not heart.
The very fact they are at ER / games, means they're good fans. Especially to follow this crap!

So everyone entering ER now has to show not only their ST or match ticket, but a slip with Hibs on it, or at least Hibs not to lose on it?

jeez.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 05:36 PM

The problem is, if you type something that can be read in a different way from what you meant, it isn't other people's fault if they pick you up wrong.

FWIW, I couldn't bet against Hibs, but I don't think it is the worst thing someone can do. Leaving early, or booing your own player, or throwing your scarf on the pitch are the GTFs for me.

Tricla
28-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The problem is, if you type something that can be read in a different way from what you meant, it isn't other people's fault if they pick you up wrong.

FWIW, I couldn't bet against Hibs, but I don't think it is the worst thing someone can do. Leaving early, or booing your own player, or throwing your scarf on the pitch are the GTFs for me.

These are as bad as betting on Hibs to get relegated if you ask me if not worse because these acts do not mean you will prosper from Hibs demise nor do they mean you had interest in the clubs misfortunes from the outset. They are also GTF's in my book too though.

However based on your logic regarding the acceptableness of betting on Hibs to get relegated, leaving early is acceptable, if you want to, booing your own player is acceptable, if you want to and throwing your scarf on the pitch is acceptable, if you want to.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 05:58 PM
If i thought we were going to be relegated, i'd snap the bookies hands off at 14/1. I have no problem betting against Hibs, you have to separate your head from your heart when betting.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 06:58 PM
These are as bad as betting on Hibs to get relegated if you ask me if not worse because these acts do not mean you will prosper from Hibs demise nor do they mean you had interest in the clubs misfortunes from the outset. They are also GTF's in my book too though.

However based on your logic regarding the acceptableness of betting on Hibs to get relegated, leaving early is acceptable, if you want to, booing your own player is acceptable, if you want to and throwing your scarf on the pitch is acceptable, if you want to.

Logic doesn't come into it, some things pee me off more than others, that's all. There's no right or wrong, just opinions.