PDA

View Full Version : Lowlights on BBC

H18sry
27-12-2010, 10:34 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9321774.stm

Question 1, why was the sheep forward not booked for diving when throwing himself to the floor trying to get Brown sent off and win a penalty :confused:

Question 2, why was Hogg playing :confused:

Question 3, why did we not get a penalty when Galbraith was stopped getting to the ball :confused:

Question 4, why did Rankin not put the ball in row z prior to there 2nd goal:confused:

Answers on a postcard please :wink:

Tricla
27-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Question 1, why was the sheep forward not booked for diving when throwing himself to the floor trying to get Brown sent off and win a penalty :confused:

I think the ref thought he lost his balance and I can see it from that perspective too. The sheep didn't attempt anything too theatrical so probably got away with it for that reason.

[/QUOTE]Question 2, why was Hogg playing :confused:[/QUOTE]

**** knows. He was atrocious and was brushed aside too easily fore their first.

[/QUOTE]Question 3, why did we not get a penalty when Galbraith was stopped getting to the ball :confused:[/QUOTE]

Mmm. I think if that had been given at the other end we'd have felt it was soft.

[/QUOTE]Question 4, why did Rankin not put the ball in row z prior to there 2nd goal:confused:[/QUOTE]

I think people are being too harsh on him here. The ball in to the channel had taken a deflection off a sheep so Rankin was trying to prevent a corner. He's tried to clear it up the line but his momentum is in the opposite direction which has meant he hasn't made the connection with the ball that he'd have liked. It's bad luck for me and was compounded by us being second to the ball thereafter and a sheep puts a good ball in to the front post. IMO of course.

[/QUOTE]Answers on a postcard please :wink:[/QUOTE]

Now that I have calmed down after another defeat and on reflection, we didn't deserve to lose that game yesterday. If it wasn't for Hogg's misdemeanour's we would have taken at least a point.

It's clear to me that CC needs to sort the defence out first and fore mostly and I agree with his comments on the BBC that we had enough chances to win but our mistakes shot us in the foot.

Roll on Wednesday and a chance to put it right.

P.S - bu**er knows how to put answers to each question in your post without making a spaniels ear of it!

PaulSmith
27-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm no even wasting my time with Hogg.

Rankin, you describe it correctly. But did he have a clue who was behind him, would knocking it into Albion Road to concede a throw-in not be a better thing to do, would some composure not have been a better thing to do..incidents like that where players are incapable of making the right decisions at crucial times kill us week in/week out and year in/year out.

You cannot coach the above and therefore until they are made to leave the club we'll struggle.

Vini1875
27-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I think he was trying to hit it off the aberdeen player and so out for a throw to Hibs. Hogg trying to knock the ball up and over the boys head was a moment of madness from him. The aberdeen player should have been booked for the dive.

Funny enough watching the game on the highlights seemed a lot better than it was from being at the game.

martin63
27-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I agree with the responese regarding Rankin, but, another point in his favour could be the fact he was probably expecting Grounds to be there playing in the left back position he is employed to cover. Too many times yesterday someone had to cover for him as he was so slow getting back. Imo if he can't get back quickly enough he should not venture forward to begin with.

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Just to compound the initial errors of Hogg and Rankin, it seemed to me that both their goals came from crosses that a Hibs player in the danger area should have got to first.

Defence looked half asleep.

deek68
27-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I think he was trying to hit it off the aberdeen player and so out for a throw to Hibs. Hogg trying to knock the ball up and over the boys head was a moment of madness from him. The aberdeen player should have been booked for the dive.

Funny enough watching the game on the highlights seemed a lot better than it was from being at the game.

Yep, when it's condensed down to 5 minutes you'd say we should have got a point.

I agree with the responese regarding Rankin, but, another point in his favour could be the fact he was probably expecting Grounds to be there playing in the left back position he is employed to cover. Too many times yesterday someone had to cover for him as he was so slow getting back. Imo if he can't get back quickly enough he should not venture forward to begin with.

Aye, Grounds didn't react to Rankin clearance, sheep player did. He did a similar thing later on in the game as well.

Just to compound the initial errors of Hogg and Rankin, it seemed to me that both their goals came from crosses that a Hibs player in the danger area should have got to first.

Defence looked half asleep.

Particularly the second goal. The first goal, well, they should never have had a chance to get a cross in.

Twiglet
27-12-2010, 01:28 PM
The linesman did speak to the ref when the ball went out after the Aberdeen players' dive, The forth official was also trying to speak to him about something over the mic too, but the ref ignored. They linesman and th official kept looking at each other and speaking down the mics, so it looks like they may have seen something the ref didn't. The fref had obviously made up his mind though. Gutless wonder. Aberdeens' No 13 ahould have been talked to and then booked in the 1st half for persistent fouling on Trakys, but when he didn't say anything to him it became clear how things were going to go. He was afraid to make any decision.

As for our shout, what do they say on the bbc commentary? Do they think it's a penalty? I don't fancy watching Sportscene tonight to find out what they have to say on there.

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Question 2, why was Hogg playing :confused:

Question 3, why did we not get a penalty when Galbraith was stopped getting to the ball :confused:

Question 4, why did Rankin not put the ball in row z prior to there 2nd goal:confused:

Answers on a postcard please :wink:

Q1 - Agreed. He was at it later in the game as well.

Q2 - No idea. I actually thought Dickoh did okay at Killie.

Q3 - Think it was a little soft, Murray had a better shout with about 5 mins to go but the ref was looking at......actually I dont know what he was looking at!

Q4 - Probably the key problem for me at the moment. Our full backs (perhaps with the exception of Hart), our CH (excluding Hogg yesterday) and our DM are playing well pretty much all of the time, but we do not defend well as a team. Stupid mistakes like that one are costing us goals every game.

Wotherspoon played well yesterday, probably should have taken one of his chances, defensively he needs to be better, and Riordan needs to up his game and help out.

The highlights confirm what I thought at the games yesterday. Rubbish first half, but we went in level, second half we had some great chances and we should have had our second a long time before they scored.

We need to get better at taking our chances and work harder to defend, too many players out of position all too often.

On the bright side I was pleased to see us creating far more chances than we have in recent games against the likes of Killie. Trakys made a big difference would be tempted to play Nish alongside him, with Riordan out wide / in the hole.

Hamish
27-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Those 5 mins of highlights make it look like we played ok, shows how a condensed version gives you a misleading view of things

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Those 5 mins of highlights make it look like we played ok, shows how a condensed version gives you a misleading view of things

Just watched them and thought the same thing !!

You could put together 85 more minutes of mistakes and basic errors though :agree:

seanraff07
27-12-2010, 05:32 PM

greenlex
27-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I dont think we deserved to be beaten yesterday as like the Killie game there was nothing between the teams. Once again however we have nil points.

muirhousehibby
27-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Just watched them and thought the same thing !!

You could put together 85 more minutes of mistakes and basic errors though :agree:

:thumbsup: spot on m8

For me I think when things are not going well on the park you need to go back to basics, like putting the ball into row z etc. Don’t take silly chances just clear your lines properly.

The defence is poor but I think the midfield are passing the buck a lot more often then we’d like. They need get back behind the ball and defend as a unit, or bust a gut getting back everything is at a light jog.( as seen once again yesterday)

When ever Hart receives the ball theirs never any width on the right hand side , I’m not sure half the time were DW is playing, half the time he’s all over the place. There is gaps left and teams are now finding them. simply go back to a 4-4-2 and start with what cc sees as our strongest team and give them a few runs without chopping and changing it week in week out would be a start...

Cod Boy
28-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I dont think we deserved to be beaten yesterday as like the Killie game there was nothing between the teams. Once again however we have nil points.

head in the clouds imo take the blinkers off we are utter tosh