PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the foreigners!

jackhfc
26-12-2010, 07:31 PM
As the title says.

The ref today, like Killie, was totally and utterly useless in every sense of the word:agree:

The main decision that hacked me off was when the Aberdeen striker was through on goal from Hoggy's mistake, he skipped past Mark Brown as he came out and went down looking for a penalty (clear dive), thank god the ref didn't give the pen, but if it's not a pen why was he not given a yellow card for cheating :confused:

SFA invest in some decent ref training, or pay ref's from other contries to come in and do a better job:agree:

Hibs Class
26-12-2010, 07:35 PM
From the title I thought this thread was calling for the likes of Sauzee, Latapy, Zitelli and Luna. Even if we had been allowed to provide our own ref today we still wouldn't have won.

ClewsHibs
26-12-2010, 07:37 PM
or when the REFEREE gave an offside when the linesman didnt even put up his flag

jackhfc
26-12-2010, 07:38 PM
From the title I thought this thread was calling for the likes of Sauzee, Latapy, Zitelli and Luna. Even if we had been allowed to provide our own ref today we still wouldn't have won.

Never know, I thought it should've been a pen when DG went down:dunno:

ballengeich
26-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The referee was one of the best performers on the pitch today. He tried to keep the game flowing, didn't want to show cards and didn't get taken in by diving.

He made fewer mistakes than almost any of the players, as is usual in our league.

ClewsHibs
26-12-2010, 07:50 PM
The referee was one of the best performers on the pitch today. He tried to keep the game flowing, didn't want to show cards and didn't get taken in by diving.

He made fewer mistakes than almost any of the players, as is usual in our league.

but surely he should of booked the aberdeen player for diving when he took it round the keeper? :confused:

jackhfc
26-12-2010, 07:54 PM

You have to judge the ref on his own performance, not compare him to the ones of our dross players.

He made several stupid decisions and was pash overall IMO

And as for the cards point, he showed the Aberdeen player a needless card for moving the ball back to it's correct point (about a yard back)

ballengeich
26-12-2010, 08:12 PM
but surely he should of booked the aberdeen player for diving when he took it round the keeper? :confused:

Not necessarily (though I'd have to see a replay of it). One of the most irritating misconceptions in comments about football is that if a player ends up on the ground there must either have been a foul or a dive. Anyone who's ever played should know that if two people are going for a ball one or both is likely to fall as a result of a fair collision or tackle. It isn't a non-contact sport and you have to be prepared to be knocked over occasionally without any foul being involved.

ballengeich
26-12-2010, 08:14 PM
He made several stupid decisions and was pash overall IMO

Not IMO, but we'll just have to agree to differ on his performance. I'm not saying I agreed with everything he did, but overall I would give him a good rating.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-12-2010, 08:15 PM
As the title says.

The ref today, like Killie, was totally and utterly useless in every sense of the word:agree:

The main decision that hacked me off was when the Aberdeen striker was through on goal from Hoggy's mistake, he skipped past Mark Brown as he came out and went down looking for a penalty (clear dive), thank god the ref didn't give the pen, but if it's not a pen why was he not given a yellow card for cheating :confused:

SFA invest in some decent ref training, or pay ref's from other contries to come in and do a better job:agree:

He can only give a penalty if he's sure the forward was fouled. He obviously wasn't sure but neither was he sure the forward had dived. It's perfectly logical, therefore, that he doesn't give the penalty but doesn't book the forward either. I don't know where this idea that a ref has to give one or the other has come from, quite frankly, but it seems to be commonplace.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Never know, I thought it should've been a pen when DG went down:dunno:

Colin Calderwood doesn't agree.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9321756.stm

Hibs Class
26-12-2010, 08:18 PM
He can only give a penalty if he's sure the forward was fouled. He obviously wasn't sure but neither was he sure the forward had dived. It's perfectly logical, therefore, that he doesn't give the penalty but doesn't book the forward either. I don't know where this idea that a ref has to give one or the other has come from, quite frankly, but it seems to be commonplace.

It was noticeable that the ref immediately looked across towards his assistant to see if he was signalling for a penalty, and he wasn't, so the non-award of a pen was very much a joint decision.

calumhibee1
26-12-2010, 08:31 PM
The problem is though that the guy took it round Mark Brown then threw himself to the ground. There was no reason for him to go down. If Brown had of got a hand on the ball and a nick on the player, it would have been expected for the player to go down, no pen, or no booking. However, Brown never touched the player, or the ball, and the man took a dive. IMO anyway. :agree: