PDA

View Full Version : Rammy in the away end

Mikey_1875
26-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Anyone have a clue what went on in the Aberdeen end, looked like a full on scrap between a steward and fan. Provided a few minutes entertainment from the eyesore on the park.

Future17
26-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Anyone have a clue what went on in the Aberdeen end, looked like a full on scrap between a steward and fan. Provided a few minutes entertainment from the eyesore on the park.

Attempt to remove a flag from a fan is what it looked like on TV. Someone on the match update thread said that the Aberdeen fans had a couple of Dons supporters club flags which were apparently fine, but some boy had hassle displaying a "No to 10 team SPL" flag.

LaMotta
26-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Was indeed the highlight of the afternoon for me.

Capt Mainwaring
26-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I think it was more to do with the Aberdeen fans standing up.

Complete over reaction again from Stewards and then Police. Seemed to me that their heavy handiedness caused the issue.

Talk about starting a rammy in an empty house

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2010, 08:15 PM
There was a long thread after an ICT home game about the cowardly and inept police and steward behaviout at ER which precipitates that sort of behaviour. Aberdeen fans were the ones to be victimised by those bullying fools this time. Some of them, to their credit, didn't take it lying down.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I didn't think it was caused by people standing up to be honest. There were loads of Aberdeen fans standing up today, even after that incident, and they weren't challenged by police or stewards.

It certainly didn't appear to be the same sort of situation that Inverness' fans had to put up with a few months back, which was disgraceful.

If I'm wrong then I take it all back.

MSK
26-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I think it was more to do with the Aberdeen fans standing up.
Complete over reaction again from Stewards and then Police. Seemed to me that their heavy handiedness caused the issue.

Talk about starting a rammy in an empty houseAh dunno mate ..i was in the East today & stood the whole game (my back ****ing hurts ..:greengrin) & i never saw one single Steward bother anyone..we were allowed tae get on wi it ..:agree:

Hibs Class
26-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I was surprised how empty the away end was today. Even though Aberdeen are pish just now I'd have thought that because a) they would be confident against us and b) most of their support comes from the central belt, that the south would have been almost full.

jackhfc
26-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I was surprised how empty the away end was today. Even though Aberdeen are pish just now I'd have thought that because a) they would be confident against us and b) most of their support comes from the central belt, that the south would have been almost full.

I personally thought they had a pretty decent support, if the game today was at Pittodrie I highly doubt we would have taken as many up as they did today.

Hibs Class
26-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I personally thought they had a pretty decent support, if the game today was at Pittodrie I highly doubt we would have taken as many up as they did today.

I was just comparing to how many they normally bring.

jackhfc
26-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I was just comparing to how many they normally bring.

Fair do's

ballengeich
26-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Attempt to remove a flag from a fan is what it looked like on TV. Someone on the match update thread said that the Aberdeen fans had a couple of Dons supporters club flags which were apparently fine, but some boy had hassle displaying a "No to 10 team SPL" flag.

I wondered about that during the game as the "No to 10" flag disappeared after the fracas. If that's what it was about then the question is who initiated the stewards' action to suppress free speech.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 08:47 PM
If it was caused by the presence of that banner then someone should come out and explain themselves and tell us why people aren't allowed to display a banner that was completely inoffensive to anybody.

It surely couldn't have been for that. :confused:

bigstu
26-12-2010, 08:49 PM
it's fairly simple, if the stewards & police ask you to do something you do it. You can then complain afterwards to the club if you don't agree with what you were asked to do. The stewards are only enforcing the rules they are asked to enforce by the club. What it looked like today was some aberdeen fans decided it was their place to try & fight the stewards & police who asked them to do something, all hell then broke loose.
If people think the ER security are heavy handed they should try going somewhere like ibrox, you can get away with murder at ER compared to the likes of there.

Ed De Gramo
26-12-2010, 08:52 PM
It was defo something to do with the 'No to 10' banner....which shows why this league is ****** and we're living in a country afraid to let people speak their mind...

tamig
26-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I wondered about that during the game as the "No to 10" flag disappeared after the fracas. If that's what it was about then the question is who initiated the stewards' action to suppress free speech.

That seems to be what caused it from what I could see. Absolutely scandalous if this was the case though. Disgraceful if the instruction came from Hibs to remove said banner.

Ed De Gramo
26-12-2010, 08:55 PM
it's fairly simple, if the stewards & police ask you to do something you do it. You can then complain afterwards to the club if you don't agree with what you were asked to do. The stewards are only enforcing the rules they are asked to enforce by the club. What it looked like today was some aberdeen fans decided it was their place to try & fight the stewards & police who asked them to do something, all hell then broke loose.
If people think the ER security are heavy handed they should try going somewhere like ibrox, you can get away with murder at ER compared to the likes of there.

Britain is supposed to be about free speech....if fans aren't allowed a banner (and to me, it looked like it was about the banner) stating their preference of what they don't want then its a pish

Calvin
26-12-2010, 09:05 PM
According to an Aberdeen forum, it was because some guys were smoking behind/underneath their flag.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 09:31 PM
According to an Aberdeen forum, it was because some guys were smoking behind/underneath their flag.

That makes more sense.

I really didn't think it would be about the banner and as I've already said, it didn't appear as if the police or stewards were remotely bothered by people standing up.

Pretty sad that somebody can get so upset after being caught doing something that they know is against the law. I thought the police officers were going to get their batons out at one point.

Future17
26-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Ah, so it was no to a 10-team SPL, but yes to a 10-deck of Lambert & Butler. :greengrin

J-C
26-12-2010, 10:41 PM
The steward I spoke to said it started off because a few guys were smoking and asked to stop, they refused and were asked to leave, before being forced to go.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Britain is supposed to be about free speech....if fans aren't allowed a banner (and to me, it looked like it was about the banner) stating their preference of what they don't want then its a pish

They should have told the old bill they were muslims then they would have been to put any old pish on their banner safe in the knowledge it wouldnt be taken down.

Jack
27-12-2010, 08:32 AM
There was a long thread after an ICT home game about the cowardly and inept police and steward behaviout at ER which precipitates that sort of behaviour. Aberdeen fans were the ones to be victimised by those bullying fools this time. Some of them, to their credit, didn't take it lying down.

I think if you go back to the ICT thread you'll see in the email reply that the police and stewards acted quite reasonably as it would appear they have done on this occasion too.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-12-2010, 08:42 AM

chasing the Dragon more like :cool2:

.Sean.
27-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Hopefully the steward is feeling sore. Jobsworth fuds the lot of them. They stick a luminous coat on and think they're the Police. You're not the Police, you're an inept twat on the minimum wage. Stewards at the majority of stadiums are a shower of ********s.

allezsauzee
27-12-2010, 10:32 AM
What bugs me is that they do hee haw when the old firm fans are at ER and those maggots are the ones that actually justify being lifted

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-12-2010, 10:36 AM

This has been going on at ER for years now and part of the reason I stopped going (until yesterday :rolleyes: ) as I've said in previous posts the feeling of being treated like a small child at ER prevails, being told to sit down after getting a bit over excited at a football match is pathetic, and to take a completeley innofensive banner from a supporter sums up the stewarding at ER, do they do this at any other ground in Scotland?...I think not :bitchy:

RickyS
27-12-2010, 11:00 AM
They should have told the old bill they were muslims then they would have been to put any old pish on their banner safe in the knowledge it wouldnt be taken down.
:agree:

marinello59
27-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Hopefully the steward is feeling sore. Jobsworth fuds the lot of them. They stick a luminous coat on and think they're the Police. You're not the Police, you're an inept twat on the minimum wage. Stewards at the majority of stadiums are a shower of ********s.

Or ordinary guys doing a crappy job knowing they will get little thanks for it? Some of the verbal guff I have heard Hibs fans throwing at stewards this season has been unacceptable. It's not the stewards who make the rules is it?

Hibee Daz
27-12-2010, 11:49 AM

You do have to wonder, but I will say this the Hibs board are one of the main backers for this 10 team league that is something that grates me big time. So maybe the Tache sent his henchmen in to quell the enemy!:tee hee:

Petrie and co obviously want to keep us playing the infirm 4 times each, because they think that us fans will keep turning up in our droves too see our team get pumped by two teams filled with our ex-players, that and the money they make from the unwashed minions descending upon us too!:brickwall
They are obviously skeptical that we would turn up in greater numbers, if we where to play more teams of which we actually had a greater chance of beating, or maybe they aren't look what happened the last time we where in the 1st!:dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2010, 12:33 PM
If the action by the Police & stewards had anything to do with smoking or standing why was the banner removed ?

This was all about Hibs trying to stifle free speech. The banner was inoffensive and reflected the opinion of probably 90% of fans in the SPL. Which is why I couldnt beleive it when fans in the East started cheering when it was removed.

Just coz it was put up by Aberdeen fans shouldnt have distracted ' us ' from seeing the big picture here. Petrie will probably come out and say, 'how can you say the Hibs fans dont want a 10 team SPL they were cheering when that banner was removed'

Good for the Sheep fans for having it in the first place. What a pity that we didnt come up with one. Perhaps if we have one at the Dundee Utd match and it also gets removed we will see just how determined Hibs and the SPL are to stop the opinion of the people who really matter being voiced in this matter. I.E. us.

Greentinted
27-12-2010, 02:26 PM
If the action by the Police & stewards had anything to do with smoking or standing why was the banner removed ? If the banner was in the posession of one of the ejectees then it would have been deemed his/her property which would have to remain with it's owner.

This was all about Hibs trying to stifle free speech. Thats a fairly strong accusation and a call of this nature (involving the police) would have been made by the Match Commander The banner was inoffensive and reflected the opinion of probably 90% of fans in the SPL. Which is why I couldnt beleive it when fans in the East started cheering when it was removed.

Just coz it was put up by Aberdeen fans shouldnt have distracted ' us ' from seeing the big picture here. Petrie will probably come out and say, 'how can you say the Hibs fans dont want a 10 team SPL they were cheering when that banner was removed'

Good for the Sheep fans for having it in the first place. What a pity that we didnt come up with one. Perhaps if we have one at the Dundee Utd match and it also gets removed we will see just how determined Hibs and the SPL are to stop the opinion of the people who really matter being voiced in this matter. I.E. us. That's a good call in order to test the water as it would perhaps give 'us' a legitimate premise to question the motives of the custodians of our club.

If the folk subject to the unceremonious order of the 'flinging oot' were in contravention of the ground regs then I'd be fairly confident the ejection was valid. If, however, it comes to light that the banner was the distinguishing factor then aye, there's a lot wrong with that and questions should be asked.

If I've come across as gratuitously confrontational here, believe me that's not my intention. But in mitigation I spent a lot of my earlier years being verbally (and occasionally physically) abused for lowering myself for "£3-an-hour cos" I was a "power-crazed-p rick". :wink:

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Are people actually certain that this banner got confiscated? I really don't recall seeing the police or stewards taking it off the Aberdeen fans.

In fact, I'm sure I saw it on display well after that incident had happened. The reason I think I remember this is that about four or five police officers were lined up at the bottom of the stand at that section, after that incident (obviously to make sure there was no repeat) and I am almost certain that the banner was still on show.

Maybe I'm making that up though. :confused:

frazeHFC
27-12-2010, 02:36 PM
If it was Celtic or Rangers fans standing up, holding 'banned' flags or whatever, there is no chance the police would have got involved.

Mikey_1875
27-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Are people actually certain that this banner got confiscated? I really don't recall seeing the police or stewards taking it off the Aberdeen fans.

In fact, I'm sure I saw it on display well after that incident had happened. The reason I think I remember this is that about four or five police officers were lined up at the bottom of the stand at that section, after that incident (obviously to make sure there was no repeat) and I am almost certain that the banner was still on show.

I think your right. The smoking situation sounds the most valid and fair enough if it was. From what I remember it was at the AFC flag where the bust up happened and when the 'no to ten SPL' boys noticed it they put down the banner and went to get involved. I don't think it was removed, just taken down due to the drama behind them.

GreenCastle
27-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Well done the Dons fans for bringing / making a banner to SAY NO TO THE 10 TEAM SPL :agree:

If they were thrown out for that then it's a disgrace.

What I don't agree with is the way the fans were acting towards the place and I have never seen an incident where the place struggled to get hold of an individual. Took them forever to control what was going on.

Regarding smoking - if it was for smoking - fair enough as it's against the law.

It was a joke in the East yesterday with a bunch of neds smoking in the toilets at half time - stewards being told to **** off by the neds when again it's against the law.

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 03:43 PM
After the ejections the 13 sheep that had the banner started sarcastically clapping the remaining stewards and police. The response of the officer in charge was to bring in 'reinforcements' to deal with the sarcasm. Hence 13 burly policemen were standing menacingly in front of the clappers for about 10 minutes, before being sent to stand about elsewhere.

It was all very depressing.

1two
27-12-2010, 03:45 PM

Eh?
Explain please?

Prof. Shaggy
27-12-2010, 04:12 PM

what a lot of crap

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 04:22 PM
After the ejections the 13 sheep that had the banner started sarcastically clapping the remaining stewards and police. The response of the officer in charge was to bring in 'reinforcements' to deal with the sarcasm. Hence 13 burly policemen were standing menacingly in front of the clappers for about 10 minutes, before being sent to stand about elsewhere.

It was all very depressing.

If you behaved like that on the street towards the police after they had just arrested one of your mates, you would run the risk of being arrested yourself.

Eh?
Explain please?

Think the guy was referring to the group of Muslims who displayed placards on Remembrance Day protesting against the British Armed Forces with signs like "British soldiers burn in Hell". Despite this, none of them were arrested, nor did they have their banners taken off them.

Something about human rights and freedom of speech or something... :rolleyes:

s.a.m
27-12-2010, 04:26 PM

There certainly seemed to be a disagreement happening with the fans who had that banner, for whatever reason. It was eventually rolled up and put away by one of them - pretty sure it wasn't confiscated. The other banners went back up, but the protest one didn't. No idea whether it was the banner upsetting the polis, or the people who were holding it.

Luna_Asylum
27-12-2010, 04:36 PM
If you behaved like that on the street towards the police after they had just arrested one of your mates, you would run the risk of being arrested yourself.

Think the guy was referring to the group of Muslims who displayed placards on Remembrance Day protesting against the British Armed Forces with signs like "British soldiers burn in Hell". Despite this, none of them were arrested, nor did they have their banners taken off them.

But I don't think they would be allowed to display those placards at easter road.

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2010, 04:37 PM
There was two stewards keeping an eye out for smoking in the gents in the East...

well either that or they were pervs :dunno::greengrin

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 04:38 PM

:confused: I'm confused. Were the Muslims Against Crusades protestors Aberdeen fans? Were they smoking a fag while holding up a banner against SPL reorganisation?

...seems a bit random.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 04:52 PM
But I don't think they would be allowed to display those placards at easter road.

Probably not, they would have been welcome at Parkhead though. :agree:

:confused: I'm confused. Were the Muslims Against Crusades protestors Aberdeen fans? Were they smoking a fag while holding up a banner against SPL reorganisation?

...seems a bit random.

I've no idea if the protestors were Aberdeen fans or not. Personally I think there's more chance of them being Dundee Utd fans (all depends on whether or not they were Arabs. :wink:)

jackhfc
27-12-2010, 05:03 PM

Wish it was in my human rights to kick **** out the ***** who did that:agree:

Holmesdale Hibs
27-12-2010, 05:08 PM
[/B]

Was indeed the highlight of the afternoon for me.

Aye, me too although the Paul Hartley songs were also very funny.

marinello59
27-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Well done the Dons fans for bringing / making a banner to SAY NO TO THE 10 TEAM SPL :agree:

If they were thrown out for that then it's a disgrace.

What I don't agree with is the way the fans were acting towards the place and I have never seen an incident where the place struggled to get hold of an individual. Took them forever to control what was going on.

Regarding smoking - if it was for smoking - fair enough as it's against the law.

It was a joke in the East yesterday with a bunch of neds smoking in the toilets at half time - stewards being told to **** off by the neds when again it's against the law.

If that is the case then I agree. Do we know yet?

hibby al
27-12-2010, 05:50 PM
speaking to an aberdeen fan at my work and he was sitting close to the incident
he said it was because of smoking and that one steward caused the rammy by being
over zealous ,he said the steward breenged into the situation shouting at the fans (not sure
about the language that was being used)he also said that they shouldn,t have been smoking
but that it could have been handled better.