PDA

View Full Version : My first serious doubts about CC

Wull
26-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Hogg as captain?, a month or so ago it was Deeks (I was very surprised by that) then Murray (not a bad choice I thought) now back into the fold comes Hoggy????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????? WTF is goin on?
I have never intentionally posted a negative opinion, but today I am lost for words.
2 new managers with similarly sh*t teams and we come off second best by some distance. I said in the heading I have my doubts, so much for the "festive season", not if your a Hibee.:confused:

CB_NO3
26-12-2010, 05:16 PM
It does not really matter who is captain IMO. What is the problem, is we have some of the worst players in the league. I think Calderwood will get rid of alot of players at the end of the season. In the mean time we just have to keep plugging away and grap as many points as we can.

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Surprise decision to bring Hogg back into the team and to relegate Dickoh to the bench and an even stranger decision to bring him back in as captain.

Not a good move on either count and it backfired massively. A big factor in us losing the points.

RickyS
26-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Hogg as captain?, a month or so ago it was Deeks (I was very surprised by that) then Murray (not a bad choice I thought) now back into the fold comes Hoggy????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????? WTF is goin on?
I have never intentionally posted a negative opinion, but today I am lost for words.
2 new managers with similarly sh*t teams and we come off second best by some distance. I said in the heading I have my doubts, so much for the "festive season", not if your a Hibee.:confused:

surely his last appearance in a hibs top shown today he is not good enough

CallumHibs07
26-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Doubting him too. We can't just keep saying "give him time" because we were at home to the bottom team and should win regardless of the manager. Just because it's not CC's team, doesnt mean it's ok for him to lose every match until he can bring his own players in.

KiddA
26-12-2010, 05:31 PM

It won't be though I have seen this comment for over three years now and mark my words he will play again :agree: Hogg = Wage thief

At The Edge
26-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Yep, i think with Bamba out, CC has said to himself lets see what Hogg can do, this performance must have all but handed Hogg his P45.

Utter dross, would rather have the young Stephens lad in for the Arabs game than face another 90 mins of the comedy gold that is Hogg.

Jan is only days away, i hope CC knows what he is doing with regards to letting the players show what they can do, the vast majority are utter yite.

lucky
26-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I am still backing CC but have to say the decision play Hogg was wrong but to make him captain is a disgrace. The formation of the midfield with a diamond does not work . We desperatley need width. We completely fell out the game when Miller was taken off. The alarm bells are ringing, 2 wins 6 losses 1 draw. His record is not good.

Future17
26-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Just checking your posts and 7 of your last 11 posts have questioned Hogg's selection as captain today. Anyone would think you didn't wany him to have the armband today! :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
26-12-2010, 06:04 PM
He has to clear deck and bring in his own crew To sail us to a new Destiny ......Hopefully CC can get it right ...However hope Rodders gives him funds to get us on Track its shows that the current bunch are poor :taxi

Be interesting to see who is available in Window

Andy74
26-12-2010, 06:07 PM
No change from Hughes. In fact we are worse. Well played the fans.

truehibernian
26-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Not just a surprise decision, but the wrong one.

Chris Hogg should have been released in summer. Utterly inept football player, never mind defender.

Simply cannot believe that through the week at East Mains, Hogg does anything in training to merit going into the side. Same applies to Nish and Rankin.

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Andy, the board are big enough and ugly enough to have kept on Hughes if they believed in his vision for the club. They didn't like what they had seen and sacked him, to blame the fans for the 'performances' in 2010 is well wide of the mark.

Littlest Hobo
26-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Hogg back in the team and as Captain.:faf::faf:

CC get a ****in grip son. :rolleyes:

Ray_
26-12-2010, 06:44 PM

We have been Poor for the last three years, is that the fans fault? The fans were asked to SUABC & they did and have been rewarded with the dross we have had to suffer, season after season.

But of course your pal Rod is totally blameless in this, although, if as you suggest, he hires & fires purely on the basis of the fans, he is seriously out of his depth and shouldn't be allowed to make football decisions.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Only 2 SUBS used :confused::confused::confused::confused:

He could have subbed 10

Baldy Foghorn
26-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Andy, the board are big enough and ugly enough to have kept on Hughes if they believed in his vision for the club. They didn't like what they had seen and sacked him, to blame the fans for the 'performances' in 2010 is well wide of the mark.

spot on:top marks

smurf
26-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Playing and playing him as captain was a shocking decision by Calderwood who has made no positive impact at the club whatsoever.

Results and performances have actually got worse.

We are a shambles heading for RELEGATION.

But don't dare question the role of our board in all of this of course....

MSK
26-12-2010, 07:09 PM
No change from Hughes. In fact we are worse. Well played the fans.Results got Yogi the boot ..no the fans ...

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Andy you're posts are normally well thought out and on the mark but to blame the fans for this mess is laughable.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Yogi was slated for giving the captaincy to Hogg, i wonder why CC did the same thing, and should he be slated too?:confused:

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Playing and playing him as captain was a shocking decision by Calderwood who has made no positive impact at the club whatsoever.

Results and performances have actually got worse.

We are a shambles heading for RELEGATION.

But don't dare question the role of our board in all of this of course....

Kenny I don't think anyone has ever said (me included :greengrin) that the board are above question on anything. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Where your problems start is when you(and others) start blaming the board for everything.

Instead of playing the blame game - whats your solution if its so easy?

Billy Whizz
26-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Let's get real here!
This Hibs team has been struggling for 10 months or so.
Remember our Scottish Cup run last season, we only just beat Junior and Lower League teams and eventually lost to Ross County)
Don't get me going on our post split games last season, how
many games did we win/lose?
We were knocked our of the Europa League before the season even started!
Anyone at the St Jonstone away game; which was Yogi's last game, cannot blame CC/DA for this shambles.
We simply aren't good enough and the Management Team have a huge job to turn this around. 3/4 better players in January who can go straight into the 1st team will steady the ship!
It's too early to judge CC. Give him to this time next Season and see if we have improved.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Let's get real here!
This Hibs team has been struggling for 10 months or so.
Remember our Scottish Cup run last season, we only just beat Junior and Lower League teams and eventually lost to Ross County)
Don't get me going on our post split games last season, how
many games did we win/lose?
We were knocked our of the Europa League before the season even started!
Anyone at the St Jonstone away game; which was Yogi's last game, cannot blame CC/DA for this shambles.
We simply aren't good enough and the Management Team have a huge job to turn this around. 3/4 better players in January who can go straight into the 1st team will steady the ship!
It's too early to judge CC. Give him to this time next Season and see if we have improved.

Really, i thought all we had to do was get rid of Yogi, you know, no plan B, clueless and all that. The players were there, we just needed someone to manage them properly?:confused:

smurf
26-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Kenny I don't think anyone has ever said (me included :greengrin) that the board are above question on anything. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Where your problems start is when you(and others) start blaming the board for everything.

Instead of playing the blame game - whats your solution if its so easy?

It's just not true that I blame the board for everything. On many many occasions I've congratulated them when its deserved. I hold no personal grudge against any members of the board.

However, a few of them are reasonably well remunerated and I don't think its all that unfair that us supporters scrutinize their roles and performance?

Ultimately we are a football club and the results that really matter are on the park.

For a very long time our footballing performance has been unacceptable.

Players and Managers have changed.

The constant is the board.

cocopops1875
26-12-2010, 07:25 PM
hogg was gash today but the captaincy issue is surely down to the fact that he(hogg) is actually captain so should if playing wear the armband, im pretty sure ian murray would think its was in bad taste to be captain today in these circumstances, if the manager feels/felt that hogg was not upto the job he would have stripped him of the captaincy and made someone captain:wink:

Keith_M
26-12-2010, 07:28 PM
.... i wonder why CC did the same thing, and should he be slated too?:confused:

Beats me

..AND...

Yes, definitely.

Some of CC's decisions so far have been bizarre. I'll stick with my initial opinion of him though, disappointment but willing to give him time to see what he has in mind.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2010, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2668662]Really, i thought all we had to do was get rid of Yogi, you know, no plan B, clueless and all that. The players were there, we just needed someone to manage them properly?:confused:[

I've never said that. Really support my team but this last year has been terrible!

Wotherspiniesta
26-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Aww FFS.

Let's just blame the manager again.

He know's the players aren't good enough (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9321758.stm)

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2010, 07:36 PM
It's just not true that I blame the board for everything. On many many occasions I've congratulated them when its deserved. I hold no personal grudge against any members of the board.

However, a few of them are reasonably well remunerated and I don't think its all that unfair that us supporters scrutinize their roles and performance?

Ultimately we are a football club and the results that really matter are on the park.

For a very long time our footballing performance has been unacceptable.

Players and Managers have changed.

The constant is the board.

As Broxburn Hibee asked, what is your solution ?

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Aww FFS.

He know's the players aren't good enough (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9321758.stm)

CC contributed towards todays defeat, changing both central defenders, why?

smurf
26-12-2010, 07:45 PM
As Broxburn Hibee asked, what is your solution ?

To have a board that costs 500K a year getting the big decisions right would be a start.

Wotherspiniesta
26-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Because one was injured. Our best central defender for that matter.

No excuses for playing Hogg. But if one good thing has come out of it, its that hopefully CC now sees that he's the worst of a poor set of defenders.

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2010, 07:54 PM
To have a board that costs 500K a year getting the big decisions right would be a start.

Enough said - same old one liner for the last tweleve months.

You never have anything to add, apart from blaming the board.

I ask you again, what three things would you change at Hibs ?

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Because one was injured. Our best central defender for that matter.

No excuses for playing Hogg. But if one good thing has come out of it, its that hopefully CC now sees that he's the worst of a poor set of defenders.

Exactly, ONE was injured. The whole squad would have to be injured before boss hogg should get a jersey. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I have just had a text from a friend, saying he believes CC has offered Rankin a new deal. Thats enough proof for me if true, that Calderwood is no better than the previous managers who have wasted the transfer budget.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I have just had a text from a friend, saying he believes CC has offered Rankin a new deal. Thats enough proof for me if true, that Calderwood is no better than the previous managers who have wasted the transfer budget.

The two referred to above are Hogg and Rankin I believe.

HibeeSince85
26-12-2010, 08:02 PM

If that is true then that's one of the worst decisions a Hibs manager has made in a long time.

tamig
26-12-2010, 08:04 PM
hogg was gash today but the captaincy issue is surely down to the fact that he(hogg) is actually captain so should if playing wear the armband, im pretty sure ian murray would think its was in bad taste to be captain today in these circumstances, if the manager feels/felt that hogg was not upto the job he would have stripped him of the captaincy and made someone captain:wink:

That's it exactly. Hogg is the "Club Captain" and if he plays, he wears the armband.

KiddA
26-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Surly not, if this is true CC won't last long as Hibs manager. How can he possibly offer him a new deal:confused: if he does I would like to know what he has based this on as its not from good performances on the park thats for sure.

KiddA
26-12-2010, 08:10 PM
The two referred to above are Hogg and Rankin I believe.

Hogg and Rankin getting new deals please tell me this is some kind of nightmare and I am going to wake up soon :furious:

new malkyhib
26-12-2010, 08:14 PM

How about a change of mindset at Board level whereby we don't accept mediocrity ON the park as the accepted norm?

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2010, 08:18 PM

Really - is that all you can come up with?

You say you don't bash the board at every opportunity then post that. :confused:

Dearie me.

I ask again - whats your solution?

smurf
26-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Really - is that all you can come up with?

You say you don't bash the board at every opportunity then post that. :confused:

Dearie me.

I ask again - whats your solution?

So they are NOT getting decisions wrong? I am incredulous at the suggestion to be honest....

proud_and_green
26-12-2010, 08:30 PM

In any company the Board are responsible to the shareholders for the success of the company and for taking the action necessary for setting the company up to perform profitably.

The Board have taken action to return this company to success by replacing the manager. That said, most PLC Boards would not have survived long having made - and admitted to having made - so many consecutive mistakes in their appointments. They admit to their mistakes by sacking the managers.

All that said though, i think part of the problem has been the lack of managerial stability in the club. We need to give our managers enough time to make the changes and get the team on the right track. On average i think our managers have lasted around 12 - 18 months. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened to Man Utd had their Board sacked Alex Ferguson in the very early years of his management there when they were under a lot of pressure to do so.

We need to get out of this habit of ours of appointing and sacking at the drop of a hat. That doesn't only apply to Managers either, it also applies to the players, we need to try to keep our good players rather than just sell at the first flutter of an eyelash from someone with a wallet bigger than ours.

I actually think that Yogi recognised the problems at the club and had a plan to rectify it - ie ditch the sick, lame and lazy players who have blighted the club for a number of years - but that was a long term plan and the Board didn't have the balls to go with it and ignore the supporters short term demands. Let's hope that CC picks up that plan and the Board allow him the time to execute it.

There will, i think be a bit more pain to come, but hopefull we will come out of it with a team worthy of the name of the club. If that hapens it will for my mind have been worth it. For me the new beginning of the club has to start in January.

BEEJ
26-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Well since Hart kept his place today, it would appear that CC was blaming Dickoh for the goals conceded last week at Rugby Park. Hence he was relegated to the bench.

Bamba wasn't fully fit.

Future17
26-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Aww FFS.

But apparently he's "quite relaxed about it". :confused:

Regarding the captaincy, as has been said, Hogg is club captain so he wears the armband. If Ian Murray, Derek Riordan or Valdas Trakys are more capable of inspiring their colleagues to victory with their leadership, does anyone actually think they require an armband before they'll do it???

Andy74
26-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Really, i thought all we had to do was get rid of Yogi, you know, no plan B, clueless and all that. The players were there, we just needed someone to manage them properly?:confused:

Exactly what I thought.

matty_f
26-12-2010, 09:55 PM
But apparently he's "quite relaxed about it". :confused:

Regarding the captaincy, as has been said, Hogg is club captain so he wears the armband. If Ian Murray, Derek Riordan or Valdas Trakys are more capable of inspiring their colleagues to victory with their leadership, does anyone actually think they require an armband before they'll do it???

:agree: One of the huge problems we have is that there isn't a leader on the pitch at the club right now.

Murray is probably the best candidate but he's not a leader. He can clatter folk now and again but I don't think he's particularly inspirational consistently enough to be a leader. Hogg doesn't do it. Riordan doesn't either.

I thought De Graaf might have helped in that respect, given he was club captain at his last side, but he's not looking anything like captain material either.

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2010, 10:36 PM
So they are NOT getting decisions wrong? I am incredulous at the suggestion to be honest....

:hilarious

Ok Kenny - I'm pretty pished and cant be arsed arguing wi ya :greengrin

Please tell me were I said that though?

For the 3rd and last time...................

Whats your solution?

monktonharp
27-12-2010, 12:37 AM
The two referred to above are Hogg and Rankin I believe.if that happens.............I may top myself.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 06:25 AM
What difference has CC made since he arrived? Where is his plan B? Why is he not playing Galbraith every week? Why have we not had an upturn in results, as all we needed was a manager who knew what he was doing, we have the players, or has that argument changed now?

bighairyfaeleith
27-12-2010, 06:40 AM
What difference has CC made since he arrived? Where is his plan B? Why is he not playing Galbraith every week? Why have we not had an upturn in results, as all we needed was a manager who knew what he was doing, we have the players, or has that argument changed now?

Why do you turn on every second manager, where you not for mixu getting the boot? How is he doing now?:wink:

For what it's worth, I reckon a lot of our squad are better than they are currently showing but I think they need a stable defense behind them with 1 or 2 better players in the midfield/attack then I reckon we will see the best from players like Riordan/wotherspoon etc.

The other thing I would say is that we need to be playing games every week, the constant cancelling of games isn't helping because as soon as the team takes one step forward they are left sitting doing nothing for two weeks.:wink:

Anyway I'm going to give them a lot more time than the 8 or 9 weeks they have had, I mean seriously a couple of months is that all we give new managers now?

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Why do you turn on every second manager, where you not for mixu getting the boot? How is he doing now?:wink:

For what it's worth, I reckon a lot of our squad are better than they are currently showing but I think they need a stable defense behind them with 1 or 2 better players in the midfield/attack then I reckon we will see the best from players like Riordan/wotherspoon etc.

The other thing I would say is that we need to be playing games every week, the constant cancelling of games isn't helping because as soon as the team takes one step forward they are left sitting doing nothing for two weeks.:wink:

Anyway I'm going to give them a lot more time than the 8 or 9 weeks they have had, I mean seriously a couple of months is that all we give new managers now?

I'm not turning on this manager, just asking some questions. Normally when a club get a new man in, their results take a turn for the better, not the case with us. If as you say our squad is better than they are currently showing, surely a better manager than Yogi should be getting better performances, and better results? Personally i just think he's been unlucky. :wink:

IWasThere2016
27-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm not turning on this manager, just asking some questions. Normally when a club get a new man in, their results take a turn for the better, not the case with us. If as you say our squad is better than they are currently showing, surely a better manager than Yogi should be getting better performances, and better results? Personally i just think he's been unlucky. :wink:

I think he has been unlucky to have been left with a team devoid of confidence, width, balance, strikers, full-backs, a midfield with a spine etc :wink:

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 07:04 AM

Personally I think were Pish , the squad is poor , it's made up primarily of guys who have not made it at bigger clubs and young lads that don't look strong enough to help carry many underachievers.

Ferguson couldn't make this lot play !!!!

IWasThere2016
27-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Personally I think were Pish , the squad is poor , it's made up primarily of guys who have not made it at bigger clubs and young lads that don't look strong enough to help carry many underachievers.

Ferguson couldn't make this lot play !!!!

Can't argue with that but CC needs time to undo Yogi's mess :agree:

hibiedude
27-12-2010, 07:27 AM
The new manager has still to make his changes to the team BUT making Hogg captian was wrong and come January Hogg should be moved on because he's simply not good enough for first team football at Easter Road

hibbymark
27-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I was looking at the bench yesterday and I was thinking that i was more excited by Adams appointment from Ross County as assistant manager than CCs appointment as manager, having seen his previous club tear us a new one twice last season and play with a freedom and determination that we can only dream of at the moment. We also promoted the under 19s coach to be more involved with the first team, plus Evans etc and between the lot of them they seem unable to change anything from what I watched under Hughes. Every team barr us seem to get a reaction when they change the manager. Everyone of the players who are out of contract had a clean slate and the chance to earn a new contract and I expected to see them running through walls for the new manager, because lets be honest here Hibs is going to be the pinnacle of most, if not all, off these imposters playing career. I hear what everyone is saying regards wait until CC gets his own players in etc however as a manager/coach thier job is to make what we have better, motivated and orginised and at this moment in time they are failing to deliver on all these fronts and watching this team is torture.

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Can't argue with that but CC needs time to undo Yogi's mess :agree:

Agree totally, stick with CC regardless this season and next and try and bring a bit stability .

PapillonVert
27-12-2010, 10:04 AM

Unfortunately, the same can be said for 95% of the squad. We are a mid-ranking (on a good day) 1st Division squad.

I won't be shedding any tears when most of them leave - and I hope, for the sake of HFC, that that is sooner rather than later.

This January transfer window should tell us all we need to know about what CC and the Board have in mind.

If nothing or very little happens, then prepare for life in the 1st Division - and I don't mean just one season.

ahibby
27-12-2010, 10:56 AM

and at the end of Yogis reign or even before the end we were worse than when we were under Mixu. It's the boards decision isn't it?

Craig_in_Prague
27-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm sick of the board, manager and except Deek, every single player at the club.

I wish we could clean out the whole damn lot and somehow start again.

We are terribly depressing and so predictable and pathetic.

I suppose we've a chance at least to clean out most of the players during 2011 (just hope CC is the man to re-shape us - big doubts on that), but FFS when are we going to realise we're a FOOTBALL club and one that is not delivering ANYTHING for the fans other than complete dross. Petrie sign a decent player or 2 FFS, or start preparing your 2011/12 budget based on 1st division income.

This team makes me feel more sick than any other i've seen.

ahibby
27-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I am disappointed people are already pointing a finger at CC when he hasn't even had the opportunity to bring in one player of his own to the club. Hibs wont give him the money to improve the squad and the money available will be less than it has been due to falling crowds. He has a difficult job but I hope he can see that Chris Hogg hasn't got what it takes to lead our defence never. mind our team. Rankin was to blame for their second but his shot led to our goal, although Riordan was the one who went to the right position at the right time to get the palm out. I think the Hogg and Rankin are weakneses but we have other problems too. Grounds isn't as good as he thinks he is but he improved late in the second as did just about everyone. Hanlon is young, as is Wotherspoon and Galbraith. Riordan isn 't a complete football player but pops up with the goals, I am frustrated with him but I know we need him. I could go on and on but it would be quicker for me to say the only two that got pass marks from me yesterday was Hart and Wotherspoon.

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 11:17 AM
and at the end of Yogis reign or even before the end we were worse than when we were under Mixu. It's the boards decision isn't it?
Apparently if Yogi / Rice had been kept on we would be in a better place now - or so some would have us believe. :rolleyes:

The likes of Hart and De Graff would be performing as the superstars Yogi always knew them to be. We'd be desperate to hold on to Grounds in the January transfer window because he'd be a revelation in the LB slot under Yogi and Rice.

The travesty of the results record under their tenure since mid February this year would have been turned around. We'd be on the up and presumably in contention for a shot at Europe.

It's all the fans' fault. We should have given them another season - or even two.

Dear, oh dear!! :tee hee:

Cabbage1875
27-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Are people (Andy74 and blackpoolhibs) forgetting that we are in this situation fundamentally because of what Yogi has done at the club. That is why he is no longer in employment at the club, chaps.

Septimus
27-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Reading all of the above maybe CC will realise that he has no support either on or off the field and walk.

Andy74
27-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Are people (Andy74 and blackpoolhibs) forgetting that we are in this situation fundamentally because of what Yogi has done at the club. That is why he is no longer in employment at the club, chaps.

Are we?