PDA

View Full Version : Managerial Partnerships - CC & Adams didn't even know each other until recentlyl!

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 05:08 PM
In football managerial partnerships work. They compliment each other, they can bounce things off each other and help generate teamwork, rapport, team spirit etc.

Jeffries and Brown , McLeish and Watson, Fergie and Phelan, Brown and Knox etc etc. All these guys knew each other very well before working with each other. They have liked and respected each other for some time.

Then we have the Calderwood and Adams partnership. I find it strange that CC appointed Adams and his number 2 and they had never even met ! No disrespect, but CC is hardly the most inspiring chap (IMHO) and I would say the same for Adams - they seem very similair to me. The pair of them certainly wouldn't inspire me and they certainly don't appear to be inspiring the players (Ibrox excluded).

I find the whole Hibernian Management Team thing bizarre :confused:

Thoughts ?

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 05:16 PM
In football managerial partnerships work. They compliment each other, they can bounce things off each other and help generate teamwork, rapport, team spirit etc.

Jeffries and Brown , McLeish and Watson, Fergie and Phelan, Brown and Knox etc etc. All these guys knew each other very well before working with each other. They have liked and respected each other for some time.

Then we have the Calderwood and Adams partnership. I find it strange that CC appointed Adams and his number 2 and they had never even met ! No disrespect, but CC is hardly the most inspiring chap (IMHO) and I would say the same for Adams - they seem very similair to me. The pair of them certainly wouldn't inspire me and they certainly don't appear to be inspiring the players (Ibrox excluded).

I find the whole Hibernian Management Team thing bizarre :confused:

Thoughts ?

I agree, as you say we have a management team who had never met until (and I presume) Adams was recommended to CC by Lindsay or Petrie.

In addition we have a manager who never played or managed in the country.

Bizarre appointment 3 months ago and nothing I'm seeing convinces me that the manager merry go round has stopped.

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2010, 05:47 PM
It is a strange pairing to say the least and listening to Calderwoods interview in the car on the way home it makes me wonder how he convinced the Hibs board he was the man for the managers job.
Lets hope they are right but the guy sounds as depressed as we are.

Littlest Hobo
26-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Just typical of hibs to do things on the chirpy chirpy cheap cheap:rolleyes:

Don't know about anyone else but I've had it with managers with little or no experience.

We need someone with experience who knows a player when he sees one.

Someone who isn't feart tae tell Petrie how it is.

stokesmessiah
26-12-2010, 06:05 PM
It is a strange pairing to say the least and listening to Calderwoods interview in the car on the way home it makes me wonder how he convinced the Hibs board he was the man for the managers job.
Lets hope they are right but the guy sounds as depressed as we are.

What was said in his post match interview??

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Nothing really.

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 06:34 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9321756.stm

down-the-slope
26-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Nothing wrong with post match interview....asked about new players coming in Jan...says need to give respect to the players we have and give them a chance....

What do you expect him to say...players are keek and will be replaced as soon as possible :confused: that will really help if we have to rely on those players for 5/6 matches at least...

He also said we did not deserve anthing from the match due to our defending...cant disagree with that...

Says younger players (referring to Spoony) will benefit in long run from pain of defeat...

As for partnership...should work well...if not is it not an insurance job of a cheap replacement for manager already being there....sure Rod never thought of that when he agreed move for DA :whistle:

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Nothing wrong with post match interview....asked about new players coming in Jan...says need to give respect to the players we have and give them a chance....

What do you expect him to say...players are keek and will be replaced as soon as possible :confused: that will really help if we have to rely on those players for 5/6 matches at least...

He also said we did not deserve anthing from the match due to our defending...cant disagree with that...

Says younger players (referring to Spoony) will benefit in long run from pain of defeat...

As for partnership...should work well...if not is it not an insurance job of a cheap replacement for manager already being there....sure Rod never thought of that when he agreed move for DA :whistle:

Agree that the interview was OK. However the point of my OP was that in football Managerial Partnerships are the things that work best. CC had never even met Adams before for goodness sake!

Very strange one IMHO.

Lucius Apuleius
27-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Every partnership has to start somewhere. Let's hope this is the start of a good one. We really do need to give managers some time before we hound them out (not saying you are by the way). Let's see what happens in January.

Wembley67
27-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Only reason Adams was brought in is so hibs have a ready made manager in place. Calderwood approached petrie a week or so into the job and wanted to walk for whatever reason, rp refused and Adams was brought in as back up.

Source is kano.

Hainan Hibs
27-12-2010, 07:13 AM
What utter tosh.

Adams has a wealth of experience which will do us well next year. His years at Ross County battling with the titans of the Irn Bru First Division will see us well in our promotion campaign next year.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Only reason Adams was brought in is so hibs have a ready made manager in place. Calderwood approached petrie a week or so into the job and wanted to walk for whatever reason, rp refused and Adams was brought in as back up.

Source is kano.

Another Kano exclusive. I've heard a few quoted from him over the years!

Wembley67
27-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Another Kano exclusive. I've heard a few quoted from him over the years!

Was thinking the same thing!

Kaiser1962
27-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Can we give the guys longer than three months please? They were appointed outside the transfer window when they knew they would be stuck with this lot till the new year (at least).
The more I read all this nonsense the more I believe there must be a Yam fifth column on this board pissing themselves.

ionahibby
27-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Source is kano.

What a load of rubbish , who in their right mind would walk a week into a new job :confused:
If it did come from kano i wonder how much he actually knows of inside info at hibs not a lot imho!

Wembley67
27-12-2010, 09:15 AM
What a load of rubbish , who in their right mind would walk a week into a new job :confused:
If it did come from kano i wonder how much he actually knows of inside info at hibs not a lot imho!

Dunno, maybe he thought the club is in such a massive mess the job was too big for him,
wisnae me that said it!

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2010, 09:19 AM

When he realised how crap the squad was? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 09:27 AM
I dont think Chris Hogg met Paul Hanlon until 2.55 yesterday?

Wilson
27-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Dunno, maybe he thought the club is in such a massive mess the job was too big for him,
wisnae me that said it!

With the club in freefall and Yogi having just been given the Spanish archer he obviously thought he was inheriting a squad ready to win the champions league :rolleyes:

You are talking pish.

Wembley67
27-12-2010, 09:37 AM
With the club in freefall and Yogi having just been given the Spanish archer he obviously thought he was inheriting a squad ready to win the champions league :rolleyes:

You are talking pish.

Thanks man, love you xxx

Wilson
27-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks man, love you xxx

I know you do. Hence the restraining order.

sahib
27-12-2010, 09:46 AM

It could happen if you had been seriously misled about salary and conditions for example. I would not assume it is always about "the team" in these situations,

Hibee Daz
27-12-2010, 10:00 AM

If a dinnae laugh, am gonnae greet!:tee hee::boo hoo::confused:

Kaiser1962
27-12-2010, 05:14 PM
It could happen if you had been seriously misled about salary and conditions for example. I would not assume it is always about "the team" in these situations,

Is this comment based on anything concrete or mere speculation based on other mere speculations that have been speculated about on here?

Steve-O
27-12-2010, 10:20 PM

Chris Hogg has still not met a football!

JimBHibees
27-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I think it is a little strange to be honest however probably more to do with CC not being able to get his chosen assistant. These things happen and we can only hope they can be given the time to turn things round.

Kaiser1962
28-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I think it is a little strange to be honest however probably more to do with CC not being able to get his chosen assistant. These things happen and we can only hope they can be given the time to turn things round.

Who was his chosen assistant? And why did he not get him?

JimBHibees
28-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Who was his chosen assistant? And why did he not get him?

No idea, maybe someone he has worked with before. Maybe he was in a decent job and didnt want to totally commit to it due to family reasons, or money reasons or compensation his club were looking for. CC needs time and a bit of patience from the fans as does Adams who IMO is a very good appointment if they both are given time to change what needs changed and get their guys in who can change the team and as important the culture.

Kaiser1962
28-12-2010, 07:13 AM
No idea, maybe someone he has worked with before. Maybe he was in a decent job and didnt want to totally commit to it due to family reasons, or money reasons or compensation his club were looking for. CC needs time and a bit of patience from the fans as does Adams who IMO is a very good appointment if they both are given time to change what needs changed and get their guys in who can change the team and as important the culture.

Absolutely. There were those that would have chosen Adams as a manager let alone an assistant. Neither Adams or Calderwood were the "cheap option" and need to be given time more than anything. I believe he is well aware of what needs to be done.

JimBHibees
28-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Absolutely. There were those that would have chosen Adams as a manager let alone an assistant. Neither Adams or Calderwood were the "cheap option" and need to be given time more than anything. I believe he is well aware of what needs to be done.

Totally agree and the last thing we need is the fans getting on the back of a manager just in the door.

matty_f
28-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Calderwood explained in a hibs tv interview how adams' appointment came about, iirc he had drawn up a list of potentials and hadn't expected to get adams due to him being in a managerial role in his own right.

Wembley67
28-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Hibs tv = petries propaganda machine!

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Calderwood explained in a hibs tv interview how adams' appointment came about, iirc he had drawn up a list of potentials and hadn't expected to get adams due to him being in a managerial role in his own right.

I'm more inclined to believe that they both made it to Petrie's house after boot camp. Whilst there, he floated the idea that they would work better as a duo than as solo performers.

At the moment, the public just can't see the logic in the decision, but the judges put them through every week.

Beefster
28-12-2010, 09:30 AM
This thread is just utter pish and total revisionism. Everyone was hailing Adams' appointment at the time.

Without claiming that they are on the same level, Mourinho didn't know Clarke before he went to Chelsea. It happens.