26-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Brown - 7/10 Decent game and is our best keeper
Hart - 2/10 Slower than a week in the jail
Hanlon 5/10 Won some decent balls but always covering for Hogg
Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs
Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough
Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks
Murray 6/10 Worked hard and willing to fight
Rankin 0/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new.
Miller 3/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna
Deeks 7/10 Decent shift worked hard need to sign him up asap
Trakys 6/10 Worked hard but nothing came off

If Petrie does not invest in January we will be in the 1st division next year. I feel for CC he has a bunch of players that really don't care and as far as I am concerned guys like Rankin, Hogg and Nish are wage thieves. No doubt I will get shot down for that comment but I really do feel that these guys do not care a jot about the team I love and based on this performance today I could be right. I just hope they were playing like a team that knows the writing is on the wall and have been told they are moving on.

truehibernian
26-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Rankin 0/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new.

If Petrie does not invest in January we will be in the 1st division next year. I feel for CC he has a bunch of players that really don't care and as far as I am concerned guys like Rankin, Hogg and Nish are wage thieves. No doubt I will get shot down for that comment but I really do feel that these guys do not care a jot about the team I love and based on this performance today I could be right. I just hope they were playing like a team that knows the writing is on the wall and have been told they are moving on.

There will be very little investment in January so don't hold your breath mate. If anything, we may lose Sol Bamba and I wouldn't be surprised if cheeky bids come in for Derek.

Two players at most, and given Duffy and Zemmama, as well as Booth, Byrne and Welsh will be back fit and in the squad, it's an easy excuse for the board to say that they are "like 5 new signings".

We are on route to relegation. Have to say, not impressed with the team selection today, especially Hogg and Hanlon at the back. I wouldn't have either at the club. Saying that, if CC needs to know who he is getting rid off, all these defeats are making the decision very very very easy.

Wotherspoon, Riordan and Galbraith are the only players worthy of mention. The rest, awful.....simply awful. NO energy, drive, pace or invention. Hasn't been since Zemmama was injured. Until the wee man returns, and stays injury free, we are going to be continually awful to watch. Still, John Hughes saw that we needed a keeper school of 4 keepers on a really good wage, and about 6 centre halves to choose from in the squad, all with no real pace (Bamba aside)......oh and no real pace or strength at full back.......went with getting a player who had spent more time on the treatment table than game time..........quality manager :greengrin:agree::aok:

hibbybrian
26-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Hart - 3/10 Slower than a week in the jail but at least tries
Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs I'm way older than you but that performance was probably the worst of a CH I've seen - sold 2 goals and contrived to sell another 2
Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough let him walk
Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks and can beat an oponent
Rankin 2/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new. No worse than Grounds and played a part in the goal
Miller 1/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna did nowt

KiddA
26-12-2010, 04:29 PM
There will be very little investment in January so don't hold your breath mate. If anything, we may lose Sol Bamba and I wouldn't be surprised if cheeky bids come in for Derek.

Two players at most, and given Duffy and Zemmama, as well as Booth, Byrne and Welsh will be back fit and in the squad, it's an easy excuse for the board to say that they are "like 5 new signings".

We are on route to relegation. Have to say, not impressed with the team selection today, especially Hogg and Hanlon at the back. I wouldn't have either at the club. Saying that, if CC needs to know who he is getting rid off, all these defeats are making the decision very very very easy.

Wotherspoon, Riordan and Galbraith are the only players worthy of mention. The rest, awful.....simply awful. NO energy, drive, pace or invention. Hasn't been since Zemmama was injured. Until the wee man returns, and stays injury free, we are going to be continually awful to watch. Still, John Hughes saw that we needed a keeper school of 4 keepers on a really good wage, and about 6 centre halves to choose from in the squad, all with no real pace (Bamba aside)......oh and no real pace or strength at full back.......went with getting a player who had spent more time on the treatment table than game time..........quality manager :greengrin:agree::aok:

Yeah I have heard that CC is only looking to bring one player in January and if this is the case we have no chance. Very frustrating being a Hibs fan at the moment and I am dreading the Derby coming up. Normally looking forward to the Derby but it looks like the writing is on the wall for that game.

KiddA
26-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Hart - 3/10 Slower than a week in the jail but at least tries
Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs I'm way older than you but that performance was probably the worst of a CH I've seen - sold 2 goals and contrived to sell another 2
Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough let him walk
Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks and can beat an oponent
Rankin 2/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new. No worse than Grounds and played a part in the goal
Miller 1/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna did nowt

Yeah forgot about the Rankin build up for the goal. You will have to forgive me my eyes were bleeding at the time :boo hoo:

Cropley10
26-12-2010, 04:32 PM

:topmarks: completely agree with those ratings. My worry is Calderwood picked Hogg FFS

Winston Ingram
26-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Brown - 7
Hart - 4
Hanlon 5
Hogg 2
Grounds 4
Wotherspoon 7 only threat we had
Murray 6
Rankin 1 he is appalling. He must have something on Petrie as I can't believe all these managers keep picking him. I cannot believe I have paid money to watch this idiot.
Miller 5
Deeks 3 what a lazy *******
Trakys 5 poor

Wull
26-12-2010, 04:42 PM
:topmarks: completely agree with those ratings. My worry is Calderwood picked Hogg FFS

not only picked him but HE was F*************n Kaptain sad days to be a Hibee:confused::confused:

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Brown - 8/10 - Some class saves

Hart - 3/10
Hogg - 0.5/10 - .5 cos he was so ****ing ***** I started laughing
Hanlon - 5/10
Grounds - 2/10 - He pish btw

Rankin - 1/10 - How he didn't get subbed is unreal
Murray - 5/10
Miller - 2/10
Wotherspoon - 6/10 - Looking like he's finding form again

Riordan - 6/10
Trakys - 5/10

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Brown - 7
Hart - 4 No better than any other of the dross we;ve had since Whits left
Hanlon 5 -Hibs are the biggest club he'll play for
Hogg 2- Cost one goal and almost 3. Vernon battered him silly for 90 mins.
Grounds 1 - Pathetic.
Wotherspoon 7 - Best Hibs player
Murray 6 - Lost battle to Hartley. Missed sitter.
Rankin 1- Done well to keep ball in play for Aberdeen's 2nd. Can F Off and F off now.
Miller 5 - Neither good or bad- Sums up Miller for me
Deeks 6 - Goal and set up Murray for chance at end. Number of times midfielders and defenders fail to play him in is shocking. 8 goals in a ****te team, imagine him with better supply.
Trakys 5 - Average.

Calderwood - Uninspiring to the players and the fans it would seem. Unable to set up a team to not lose more than they do. Had doubts when appointed and more so now.

Cropley10
26-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah forgot about the Rankin build up for the goal. You will have to forgive me my eyes were bleeding at the time :boo hoo:

Rankin. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. He's utter murder.

King Paddy
26-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I have watched Hibs for over 50years and i have never seen such an inept bunch of garbage to wear the green and white. Not one player could take possession of the ball and make a 5yard pass, all they did today was lump it up the pitch. imposters like Miller, grounds and rankin, Hogg should booted out of Er pronto. We only had weatherspoon and Murruy plus the goalie who tried a leg the rest were an embarrestment. As for Calderwood he is no improvement on Yogi, with no tactics whatsoever. I fear the worst and relrgation is now a distinct possibility. Regarding Petrie and Farmer just go and allow some one with a football background to make appointments such as Manager funding etc. Rant over never felt so low as w Hibs fan.

Albion Hibs
26-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Brown - 7
Hart - 4
Hanlon - 5
Hogg - 2
Grounds 4
Wotherspoon 7
Murray 7
Rankin 4
Miller 5
Deeks 4
Trakys 6

Galbraith - 2
Nish - 2

Elephant Stone
26-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Brown - 7
Hart- 3
Hogg- 1
Hanlon- 5
Grounds- 2

Murray- 6
Miller- 3
Rankin- 3
Wotherspoon-7 Hibs' MOTM

Riordan- 6
Trakys- 5

RickyS
26-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Brown - 7
Hart - 2
Hanlon - 3
Hogg - 1
Grounds - 2
Wotherspoon 7
Murray 5
Rankin 2
Miller 3
Deeks 4
Trakys 4

Galbraith - 4
Nish - 1

Wotherspiniesta
26-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Brown- 7

Grounds- 2
Hanlon- 2
Hogg- 0
Hart- 2

Murray- 5
Miller- 3
Rankin- 0
Wotherspoon- 8

Riordan- 4
Trakys- 2

Galbraith- 6
Nish- 1

down-the-slope
26-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Brown - 7
Hart- 3
Hogg- 2
Hanlon- 6
Grounds- 4

Murray- 4
Miller- 3
Rankin- 4
Wotherspoon-7

Riordan- 4
Trakys- 5

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Brown - 7
Hart- 3
Hogg- 2
Hanlon- 6
Grounds- 4

Murray- 4
Miller- 3
Rankin- 4
Wotherspoon-7

Riordan- 4
Trakys- 5

I'll have 2 pints of whatever your drinking please

J-C
26-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Brown....7.....Could do nowt about the goals, made 2 very good saves, 1 a certain goal, bit of miscommunication now and then.
Hart....5...very slow, always struggling with pace
Hogg....1.....gifted the first goal and contived to almost give them a 2nd when he tried a fancy flick, needs to go asap his time is up.
Hanlon....6...Tried hard but up against it when Hogg is your partner, didn't do much wrong.
Grounds....3.....caught ball watcing all too oftena nd was done for pace time and time again in the 2nd half, couldn't pass if his life depended on it.

Spoony....6.....worked fairly hard all game, a couple of half chances but at leasy tried
Murray....8....Worked his socks of and played a captains part even although he wasn't captain.
Miller....3.....Mr anonymous, was he actually on the field today, if he's not up for it then time for him to move on also.
Rankin......3.....Chicken and headless springs to mind, he was also covering for Miller most of the match due to Miller being posted awol

Trakys....7....decent shift from the big guy, give the team a more physical presence and puts himself about, links up well with Deek
Deek....7....See above.....unfortunately missed his goal as I went for a pee and a bovril 2 mins before half time, doh!:greengrin

Galbraith.....6....Looked lively when he came on, at least willing to take a man on
Nish...1....did nothing when he came on, apart from giving away 3 fouls/1 header which went to no-one and a half a dozen misplaced flick ons therwise the usual from him.

referee....3.....Somehow forgot to give a booking for a blatant dive, pulled up the Sheep player and gave him a telling off for his challange on Galbraith, then proceeded to give a throw in and obviously thought deliberate hand balls on many occasions aren't bookable offenses, usaual crap from our refs.

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Brown....7.....Could do nowt about the goals, made 2 very good saves, 1 a certain goal, bit of miscommunication now and then.
Hogg....1.....gifted the first goal and contived to almost give them a 2nd when he tried a fancy flick, needs to go asap his time is up.
Hanlon....6...Tried hard but up against it when Hogg is your partner, didn't do much wrong.
Grounds....3.....caught ball watcing all too oftena nd was done for pace time and time again in the 2nd half, couldn't pass if his life depended on it.

Spoony....6.....worked fairly hard all game, a couple of half chances but at leasy tried
Murray....8....Worked his socks of and played a captains part even although he wasn't captain.
Miller....3.....Mr anonymous, was he actually on the field today, if he's not up for it then time for him to move on also.
Rankin......3.....Chicken and headless springs to mind, he was also covering for Miller most of the match due to Miller being posted awol

Trakys....7....decent shift from the big guy, give the team a more physical presence and puts himself about, links up well with Deek
Deek....7....See above.....unfortunately missed his goal as I went for a pee and a bovril 2 mins before half time, doh!:greengrin

Galbraith.....6....Looked lively when he came on, at least willing to take a man on
Nish...1....did nothing when he came on, apart from giving away 3 fouls/1 header which went to no-one and a half a dozen misplaced flick ons therwise the usual from him.

referee....3.....Somehow forgot to give a booking for a blatant dive, pulled up the Sheep player and gave him a telling off for his challange on Galbraith, then proceeded to give a throw in and obviously thought deliberate hand balls on many occasions aren't bookable offenses, usaual crap from our refs.

I agree referee was poor today,should've been a walk in the park for him but gave an offside against Riordan in the 1st half as he thought that the asst would flag, only when the ref turned around and seen the asst still with his flag down did he communicate for him to raise his flag. Shambles.

The one with Galbraith, you cant give a free kick when the ball is out of play and throw in was the correct decision.

At The Edge
26-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Brown - 7, pulled off a number of good saves
Hart- 2, this was the first link in a series of problems with the back 4
Hogg- 0 utter dross, like a fart in a spacesuit
Hanlon- 4 covering for Hogg made his job harder, missed Bamba beside him
Grounds- 2, like fitting square wheels to your car

Murray- 6, should have been captain,
Miller- 3 i actually didn't realise that he was playing for the first 30 mins,
Rankin- 1 awful,
Wotherspoon-7 Hibs best player by a country mile, another few in this mold please

Riordan- 6 what can you do if the rest of the players (bar Spoonie and Trakys) can't supply you with anything
Trakys- 6 never gave up, shame he had to go off

Subs
Galbraith- 6 did his best
Nish - 5 not the impact player

McKenzie
26-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Brown - 8 best goaly in a long time
Hart - 3 useless
hogg - 0 why was he even playing?:confused:
hanlon - 5
grounds - 3 sooner he leaves the better
murray - 6
miller - 5
rankin - 1 hopeless
Wotherspoon - 8 motm for hibs
Riordan 6
Trakys - 5

Galbraith - 6 looked lively
Nish - 2 he missed the ball at one point! sums it up for me

Wotherspiniesta
26-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I agree referee was poor today,should've been a walk in the park for him but gave an offside against Riordan in the 1st half as he thought that the asst would flag, only when the ref turned around and seen the asst still with his flag down did he communicate for him to raise his flag. Shambles.

The one with Galbraith, you cant give a free kick when the ball is out of play and throw in was the correct decision.

That was an absolute joke. Couldn't believe my eyes.

J-C
26-12-2010, 05:54 PM

The Aberdeen player made a rash challenge on Galbraith resulting in the player going down, to all and sundry it looked like a free kick on the touchline, he then pulled the player across and geve him a lecture, hence we were all surprised when a throw in was given, if there's no foul then you don't have to speak to the player about it.

Hibernian Verse
26-12-2010, 05:56 PM
How you can give Rankin lower than Miller is beyond me, he set up our goal and, although he made that mistake for their second he didnt have much choice but to attempt to clear it or give away a corner.

Miller had his worst game for Hibs.

Hibernian Verse
The Aberdeen player made a rash challenge on Galbraith resulting in the player going down, to all and sundry it looked like a free kick on the touchline, he then pulled the player across and geve him a lecture, hence we were all surprised when a throw in was given, if there's no foul then you don't have to speak to the player about it.

Of course you can still talk to the player, he's fouled a player off the ball.

Calvin

Agree with most of that. Think Deek is lucky with a 7 though, his first touch just now is very poor but he's getting our goals and I'm thankful for that!

Generally, I thought Wotherspoon was out best player today. Hanlon also was tidy and composed - I still think he'll be a good centre back for years to come. Brown is also someone I am confident having between the sticks.

Hoog was obviously dire, Hart doesn't have the ability for the SPL anymore, our centre mids were all very poor as they have been all season and show nothing to suggest that contract renewal is merited - Miller included. Trakys is a decent player, for me preferable to Nishy but I feel if we saw him playing for another team we wouldn't think that we should be signing him. Murray had a decent game as well but sometimes I think he takes too long to decide what he's going to do with the ball when it comes to him in midfield, and ends up playing a rushed pass.

Galbraith really did look like he could do something when he came on - I'd have him playing that role every week.

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 06:02 PM

The ball was out of play though when the challenge on DG was made. There was still a requirement to speak to the Aberdeen player and perhaps even a yellow card but to be honest i'd rather talk about Hibs today.

down-the-slope
26-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I'll have 2 pints of whatever your drinking please

Coffee - Milk & Sugar? or are you a black man :confused:

lucky
26-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Brown - 8 Hibs best player saved us from a tanking
Hart -5 struggled again but with no right midfield left isolated
Hanlon 5 seems to have lost his confidence
Hogg 2 excuse for a football player. P45 is a must
Grounds 4 suffered from having no left midfielder playing front of him
Wotherspoon 7 Played his heart out.
Murray 4 tackles when he can get close but his best days behind him
Rankin 3 why he is at ER never mind playing is baffling
Miller 4 tried to link up play but surround with anti players
Deeks 5 needs to work harder played the Nish always offside all the time role well
Trakys 5 put himself about but not a goal scorer

Galbraith 3 flatters to deceive, sure there is player in there
Nish 2 did nothing

Calderwood 3 picked the wrong team and formation. I have not seen anything that suggests he is any better than Mixu or Yogi but its early door but the clock is ticking

hibs fans 5 sang more about Hartley/Yams than Hibs

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Coffee - Milk & Sugar? or are you a black man :confused:

You racialist

Albion Hibs
26-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Brown - 8 Hibs best player saved us from a tanking
Hart -5 struggled again but with no right midfield left isolated
Hanlon 5 seems to have lost his confidence
Hogg 2 excuse for a football player. P45 is a must
Grounds 4 suffered from having no left midfielder playing front of him
Wotherspoon 7 Played his heart out.
Murray 4 tackles when he can get close but his best days behind him
Rankin 3 why he is at ER never mind playing is baffling
Miller 4 tried to link up play but surround with anti players
Deeks 5 needs to work harder played the Nish always offside all the time role well
Trakys 5 put himself about but not a goal scorer

Galbraith 3 flatters to deceive, sure there is player in there
Nish 2 did nothing

Calderwood 3 picked the wrong team and formation. I have note seen anything that suggests he is any better than Mixu or Yogi but its early door but the clock is ticking

hibs fans 5 sang more about Hartley/Yams than Hibs

I agree with most of what you say, but must have been some amount of bevvy at yours on xmas day! Hart a 5 and Murray a 4 - along with of course your remarks about him. Murray was probably our best player today.

sam armstrong
26-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Brown - 7
Hart - 4
Hanlon 5
Hogg 2
Grounds 4
Wotherspoon 7 only threat we had
Murray 6
Rankin 1 he is appalling. He must have something on Petrie as I can't believe all these managers keep picking him. I cannot believe I have paid money to watch this idiot.
Miller 5
Deeks 3 what a lazy *******
Trakys 5 poor

Miller 5!!! He did zilch. Can't run, can't tackle, no strength, rarely scores, rarely makes a telling pass. IN A WORD DONE.

Dirkster23
26-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree with most of what you say, but must have been some amount of bevvy at yours on xmas day! Hart a 5 and Murray a 4 - along with of course your remarks about him. Murray was probably our best player today.

Brown and Wotherspoon were our best players today.

I like Murray, but for me he's another player that doesn't do enough in a game. He threw himself into a few tackles today but a couple of them were due to his poor first touch. He lacks pace and isn't a great passer. I hate to say it, but Hartley had the better of him today.

sam armstrong
26-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Thought the ref was fine and if most of the Hibs players had done as well as him we might have got a result!
The ball was out of play before the tackle on Galbraith so a throw in was correct.
I thought the guy over ran the ball and then fell over but wasn't looking for a penalty. The ref got nearly all the major decisions correct and to talk about him after that performance is papering over the large cracks.

Albion Hibs
26-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Brown and Wotherspoon were our best players today.

I like Murray, but for me he's another player that doesn't do enough in a game. He threw himself into a few tackles today but a couple of them were due to his poor first touch. He lacks pace and isn't a great passer. I hate to say it, but Hartley had the better of him today.

Happy to agree to disagree on that one.

It was him that mugged/took Hartley and started the move for our goal, pretty significant involvement for a defensive midfielder that looks like he is instructed to play behind the ball. He was also very unlucky not to score at the end of the game.

Brown did well, and Wotherspoon had his best game for a considerable amount of time, good for him and I am pleased but one good game in 10 will not give him a career.

With regards to Murrays passing I would say it is amongst the best in the team, he seldom gives the ball away, and whilst he passes from a defensive area he has the right mentality for me, taking the easier pass and keeping the ball, too many of our team, wotherspoon being one of them, try to play passes they dont have the ability to do, more often than not these are the situations that result in us loosing the ball and giving away goals.

J-C
26-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Thought the ref was fine and if most of the Hibs players had done as well as him we might have got a result!
The ball was out of play before the tackle on Galbraith so a throw in was correct.
I thought the guy over ran the ball and then fell over but wasn't looking for a penalty. The ref got nearly all the major decisions correct and to talk about him after that performance is papering over the large cracks.

I was over in the East, so from our vantage point it looked like a challenge in play just on the line.

If you're talking about their penalty claim then yes he overran the ball but looked to dive as soon as Brown came near him, he even put his hands up asking for a penalty, the ref waved play on because there was no contact, if no contact then surely a dive.

Not papering over any cracks, this team are very poor, the ref was also as far as I'm concerned poor also.

scoopyboy
26-12-2010, 06:50 PM
When I first saw Trakys I thought he was a donkey.

I didn't go to Ibrox but those whose opinions I agree with usually told me he was good. Against Motherwell I thought he was good and hoped for more.

I now reckon my first thoughts were spot on and come the end of his Hibs career he will have scored the same amount of goals for us as I have,

Nish is gash but at least he has scored some goals for the club.

lucky
26-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Murray just does not do it for me. he is slow and not a decent enough footballer. that been said 4 is probably a bit harsh compared to some of the other donkeys that ware the green shirt these days

Dirkster23
26-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Happy to agree to disagree on that one.

It was him that mugged/took Hartley and started the move for our goal, pretty significant involvement for a defensive midfielder that looks like he is instructed to play behind the ball. He was also very unlucky not to score at the end of the game.

Brown did well, and Wotherspoon had his best game for a considerable amount of time, good for him and I am pleased but one good game in 10 will not give him a career.

With regards to Murrays passing I would say it is amongst the best in the team, he seldom gives the ball away, and whilst he passes from a defensive area he has the right mentality for me, taking the easier pass and keeping the ball, too many of our team, wotherspoon being one of them, try to play passes they dont have the ability to do, more often than not these are the situations that result in us loosing the ball and giving away goals.

I've yet to see a defensive midfielder that's instructed to play ahead of the ball :greengrin

I understand it's not the done thing on here to be critical of Murray, but i think he's a lmited player these days. Of course, he might look better in a stronger midfield. I love his grit and determination but think to move on we need players with more technical ability.

Wotherspoon's still a young lad and to be homest he's probably played too much (in various positions) since he broke into the team. He's good on the ball and got back to trying to beat his man today. I've no doubt he'll be a great player for us in the years to come.

MSK
26-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Cannae argue wi most of what has been said ...at the back..headless chicken's, plus mark , Brown a few good saves ..midfield, bottlers, no creativity, totally shapeless ..plus mark, Spoony ..great effort fi the lad ..put some of his fellow pro's to shame with a gutsy performance...up front ..**** one dimensional service, high ball to Traky's just wasnt working ..plus ..Riordan claiming a tap in to bring us back into the game..

CC ...has his work cut out managing this team of duffers !!!

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Brown - 7 - The best keeper we've had in ages. Pity to solve that troublesome position when he's playing in front of a defence devoid of pace, stature or organisation.

Hart - 5 - looked slow. Scammed a contract out of us but is past his best.

Grounds - 3 - If he's a championship FB, it doesn't auger well for that League. TM, do us a favour and take him back.

Hogg - 1 - Looked like he'd not so much given up on Hibs, as on the game in general. Seemingly unable to be involved in the most routine defence scenario without converting into a gilt-edged chance for the opposition.

Hanlon - 5 - Any potential he has will be ebbed away playing in such a slow defence, repeatedly torn apart by a useless-looking A'deen front line. A top six side would have punished badly today.

Murray - 5 - That he was man of the match says it all. Without his protection, how bad would that defence have been? The only player who could tackle, or seems to expend any effort, but again, terribly slow these days.

Wotherspoon - 6 - If I was him i'd get out off there before his confidence is shot to pieces. Will be following Lewis Stevenson's career trajectory if he stays at ER.

Rankin - 3 - A poor player. Would love to see him in a maroon jersey.

Miller - 4 - A waste of space in that sort of game. Needs more quality around him to play off, and strength and pace behind him, to win the ball for him.

Trakys - 2 - utterly useless. A big target man is supposed to let defenders know he is there. An Aberdeen defence lacking in confidence should have been meat and drink for a strong, committed performance by a brave striker. They only knew he was there by his cry-baby behaviour when he was prostrate on the deck. Hope he's injured till his loan deal expires then finds his way to Hearts via Kanaus.

Riordan - 6 - Not his best day but the thought of Hibs without him evokes visits to Starks Park, Firhill and Central, which is where we'll be without his goals.

Galbraith - 4 - Has pace, and can cross a ball (the only player we have who can) but what does he have against trying to go past a man?

Calderwood - 2 - tactically inept and installing no real passion in the team. The effort and organisation have gone backwards since showing some signs of promise at the start. The Hunbrox win more and more looks like one of those bizarre flukes the game occasionally throws up.

Really wanted to suspend judgment till he got two transfer windows in, and shot of the some of the wasters who did for Yogi, Mixu and JC. However, his start has been so poor that I doubt we can afford a second window. I really think Calderwood has to do something fairly forceful in the next window and get better results, I think we may be looking for an escape artist to come in and save from relegation.

I think Paw will have enough juice to pull A'deen out of that zone, so I can see us in battle with St Mirren, Accies etc. Hard to see where the next points are coming from after that rubbish today.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Brown-7
Murray-7
Wotherspoon-7

That's about the only three players that merit any kind of praise for their performance today and, for them, I'm sorry they had to hear all the boos and abuse at full time because those guys didn't deserve that.

The rest didn't do enough to get a rating.

fife hfc
26-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Only players to get pass marks for me would be brown, Wotherspoon, Murray and Deek (as he is our only goal threat).

Players who were like a man down today included Hogg, Grounds, Miller and Rankin.

Trakys, hart and Hanlon were average but not as hopeless as the four mentioned above.

On todays evidence we will get relegated as the team has no heart, fight and a serious lack of ability.

Ringothedog
29-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Sunday was my first visit to ER for a while(in fact was my first game of the season). The reality was worse than I expected. This current team is very poor

Brown- could be a good goalkeeper but requires better cover from his defenders

Hart- What a let down, he was dreadful

Hogg- again he was dreadful

Hanlon- Pushed about a bit but might make it as a centre half. he is better at left back imo

Grounds- Very poor, surely we have better available(Hanlon )

Wotherspoon- poor first half,slightly better 2nd half

Miller- Anonymous

Murray- a few biting tackles towards the end, why not from the 1st minute ?

Rankin- Just not good enough

Trakys- Sorry but you cannot miss the chances he did, again not good enough

Riordan- Our only bit of class

I am really concerned with this team, there is no fight, spirit, backbone, pride etc. I really cannot see where our next win will come from. I know I will take pelters but the (near)future is certainly not bright!!

ehf
29-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Calderwood - 2 - tactically inept and installing no real passion in the team. The effort and organisation have gone backwards since showing some signs of promise at the start. The Hunbrox win more and more looks like one of those bizarre flukes the game occasionally throws up.

Really wanted to suspend judgment till he got two transfer windows in, and shot of the some of the wasters who did for Yogi, Mixu and JC. However, his start has been so poor that I doubt we can afford a second window. I really think Calderwood has to do something fairly forceful in the next window and get better results, I think we may be looking for an escape artist to come in and save from relegation.

I think Paw will have enough juice to pull A'deen out of that zone, so I can see us in battle with St Mirren, Accies etc. Hard to see where the next points are coming from after that rubbish today.

Not even sure we can afford to give him one. All very reminiscent of when Sauzee was in charge: we were desperate for him to do well but it just crumbled before our eyes. Any doubts that CC was another false dawn disappeared for me when he failed to hook Hogg at half-time.

allezsauzee
29-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Not even sure we can afford to give him one. All very reminiscent of when Sauzee was in charge: we were desperate for him to do well but it just crumbled before our eyes. Any doubts that CC was another false dawn disappeared for me when he failed to hook Hogg at half-time.

Hogg was truly awful on Saturday, but bear in mind that we had little to replace him with on the bench and that if he did hook Hogg at HT....he'd be pretty much destroying any confidence that the guy had remaining and was pretty much ending his hibs career. It's not like we had any subs that were guaranteed to be much better.

Brads Laing
29-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Sunday was my first visit to ER for a while(in fact was my first game of the season). The reality was worse than I expected. This current team is very poor

Brown- could be a good goalkeeper but requires better cover from his defenders

Hart- What a let down, he was dreadful

Hogg- again he was dreadful

Hanlon- Pushed about a bit but might make it as a centre half. he is better at left back imo

Grounds- Very poor, surely we have better available(Hanlon )

Wotherspoon- poor first half,slightly better 2nd half

Miller- Anonymous

Murray- a few biting tackles towards the end, why not from the 1st minute ?

Rankin- Just not good enough

Trakys- Sorry but you cannot miss the chances he did, again not good enough

Riordan- Our only bit of class

I am really concerned with this team, there is no fight, spirit, backbone, pride etc. I really cannot see where our next win will come from. I know I will take pelters but the (near)future is certainly not bright!!
Wotherspoon was execellent on suday, was the best player on the park by a mile. Don't particularly want your opinion if you can't see this.

Ringothedog
29-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Watching a game is all about opinions. imo he was poor in the 1st half, he got better when Galbraith came on and we started stretching them. using the width of the park with Galbraith on the left and him on the right. This created more space for him to try create a few chances.

erin go bragh
29-12-2010, 03:41 PM
When I first saw Trakys I thought he was a donkey.

I didn't go to Ibrox but those whose opinions I agree with usually told me he was good. Against Motherwell I thought he was good and hoped for more.

I now reckon my first thoughts were spot on and come the end of his Hibs career he will have scored the same amount of goals for us as I have,

Nish is gash but at least he has scored some goals for the club.
a bit harsh on mr trakys as when he got his fitness up ,ie rangers and well game ,he was outstanding ,then he got injured ,missed a few games and now he is a donkey:cool2: so what does it tell us when a not 100% fit trakys starts in front of fully fit nish.