PDA

View Full Version : The Derby

one day maybe...
26-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Blood the youngsters.. Get them in, got f all to lose, this lot would lose the game anyway. :panic:

Hibrandenburg
26-12-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.chargrilled.co.uk/t-shirts/Hobo-t-shirt.m

We're doomed!

Future17
26-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Blood the youngsters.. Get them in, got f all to lose, this lot would lose the game anyway. :panic:

Which youngsters?

one day maybe...
26-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Which youngsters?

Hanlon
Booth
Moyes
Galbraith
Stephens
Grounds
Wotherspoon
Byrne
Along with Brown in goals, Riordan, Bamba in the middle of the park doing the donkey work. Legs, keeness and hunger i would hope. Won't happen but something has to give.

Nameless
26-12-2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.chargrilled.co.uk/t-shirts/Hobo-t-shirt.m

We're doomed!

I'm going to get one of those in Green, that'll confuse the ugly ones:agree:

Future17
26-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Hanlon
Booth
Moyes
Galbraith
Stephens
Grounds
Wotherspoon
Byrne
Along with Brown in goals, Riordan, Bamba in the middle of the park doing the donkey work. Legs, keeness and hunger i would hope. Won't happen but something has to give.

Part of me agrees with you. I would rather watch a team of youngsters trying their heart out than what we have just now.

However, it's unreasonable to expect Calderwood to revolutionise the starting XI so dramatically in a short time and still maintain the support structure within the squad to ensure the young players are being brought through in the right environment.

one day maybe...
26-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Part of me agrees with you. I would rather watch a team of youngsters trying their heart out than what we have just now.

However, it's unreasonable to expect Calderwood to revolutionise the starting XI so dramatically in a short time and still maintain the support structure within the squad to ensure the young players are being brought through in the right environment.

Not saying that has to be his team for the rest of the season, but throw them in. Hopefully a win win situation, of gaining experience in the lions den of a derby and you never know maybe a suprise result. Bamba has to be the key in midfiled though. Lets see what they have.

truehibernian
26-12-2010, 04:26 PM
He will surely have to put Hogg back in the stands.

If Sol is fit, I would put him in midfield with Murray..........centre half pairing of Dickoh and Stephens (its a revolving position by the looks of things).

Galbraith may have played himself into contention........him and Wotherspoon left and right mid. Riordan and Trakys up top. Would be tempted to try Thicot at right back too......Hart is woefully short of pace these days.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Not saying that has to be his team for the rest of the season, but throw them in. Hopefully a win win situation, of gaining experience in the lions den of a derby and you never know maybe a suprise result. Bamba has to be the key in midfiled though. Lets see what they have.

Where did you get that avatar? it's mesmerising me :greengrin much better than watching that ****** today :agree:

Future17
26-12-2010, 04:41 PM

If he's really going to roll the dice, I would go for a line up of:

GK - Brown
RB - Hart
CB - Dickoh
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth

DM - Bamba
CM - Murray
CM - Rankin
CM - Wotherspoon
AM - Zemmama

FW - Riordan

I think the problems of an over-pressurised defence and an under-productive strikeforce lie with a midfield which never looks organised. I'd get Bamba and Murray together and let them know their job is to make sure nothing gets past them. They don't have to be quick - just strong and hard.

Rankin and Wotherspoon can do the leg-work going forward and provide cover for Hart and Booth as Hearts are dangerous in wide-areas. Zemmama's job will be to get up and support Riordan.

Trakys is a better option a lone striker when it comes to most attributes, but not goals. Riordan is the goals of the team just now and has to play.