PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates As bad as Williamson, Mixu and Hughes

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Seriously, this is woeful.

Chris Hogg, proved why he has been in the stand for weeks.

matty_f
26-12-2010, 02:50 PM
It's something that had been said time and time again, but we ned to give calderwood a couple of years to properly turn us around and get some stability at the club.
Would personally have hoped for a better pick up following cc's arrival but we have some terrible players in the side so until he can do something about that it's not going to be pretty.

Dinkydoo
26-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Give the guy a chance FFS.

As far as I'm aware we're still playing with the same rubbish players we had when Yogi was boss............

Dinkydoo
26-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Someone's going to have to have an incredibly smart answer to justify why the dropped and useless Hogg has been reinstated to the team as captain!! Whilst the natural captain Murray is in the team??:confused:

But our defence has been just as crap without Hogg recently............

When things quite obviously aren't working CC has to be seen as doing something - can you imagine the outrage on here if he stuck with the same ****ty defence week after week.

I bet there would be folk comparing his stubborn nature to that of Mixu, oh wait. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Still we can watch this pish in comfort from a totally unneccessary new stand :devil:

The Board command 'business' like salaries and have neglected the 'core product' eg the team for years now..

The clearout is needed starting from the top ..

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Someone's going to have to have an incredibly smart answer to justify why the dropped and useless Hogg has been reinstated to the team as captain!! Whilst the natural captain Murray is in the team??:confused:

I wouldnt have either of them near the team. Both lack the basic skills needed to be a footballer in the SPL.

Disco Dave
26-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Still we can watch this pish in comfort from a totally unneccessary new stand :devil:

The Board command 'business' like salaries and have neglected the 'core product' eg the team for years now..

100% agree :agree: The problem lies with the board, not with the current or previous managers. Get them tae ****!

stubru59
26-12-2010, 04:04 PM
A long standing problem with no quick fix answers. But it starts at the top.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 04:06 PM
100% agree :agree: The problem lies with the board, not with the current or previous managers. Get them tae ****!

I've no issue with STF - we owe him everything but those 'leading' the club on a day to day basis have failed the fans big time. Particularly, thise fans with STs who have poured hundreds/thousands in to supporting the club.

Captain Trips
26-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Unfortunatly the team has looked no different from the last manager and the one before, in CC I was not expecting massive change but a hope, I have seen nothing but the same dire rubbish.

Massive changes are needed playerwise, CC IMO does not give me the confidence he is capable of a rebuild. Its been clear for 1 or 2 years a lot of work is/was needed and the board should realise this too. I think we require a manager with papers one who has had a lot of experience in rebuilding who has managed for many years. I think the changes need to be from the boardroom right down to pitch. I think we are going to be hear discussing another manager having to rebuild sooner rather than later. The board are running the football part of the club into the ground.

We are in danger of not only losing the dross but the only good player(s) we have left.

TheEastTerrace
26-12-2010, 04:15 PM
If it gets as bad as Duff Jimmy, we're doomed. Seriously, there's a real "we're too good to go down" stench about the team at the moment and we all know how that ends......

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm going to put my cards on the table and say that Calderwood simply hasn't got it.

Every other club who appoints a new manager in our circumstances sees an immediate upturn in fortunes. The players get a lift, the tactics are altered and the team selection is tweaked. We have been as bad, if not worse, since CC was appointed.

Yes, he has been left a bunch of wasters, bevvy merchants and chalatans by Hughes but surely after 10 or so games he should have identified this and started to ring the changes and put his stamp on the team.

We are now 3rd bottom, Aberdeen (who lost 5-0 to Hearts last time out and hadn't scored for 4 or 5 games) have just recorded their second win against us, Hamilton have a couple of games in hand. Make no mistake about it, we are certainties to get relegated unless we sign at least half a dozen new players in January. Can anyone see Petrie doing that?

We are Donald Ducked!!

KiddA
26-12-2010, 04:18 PM
If it gets as bad as Duff Jimmy, we're doomed. Seriously, there's a real "we're too good to go down" stench about the team at the moment and we all know how that ends......

We are just as bad as the Duffy days which is very worrying as we went down that year.

Captain Trips
26-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm going to put my cards on the table and say that Calderwood simply hasn't got it.

Every other club who appoints a new manager in our circumstances sees an immediate upturn in fortunes. The players get a lift, the tactics are altered and the team selection is tweaked. We have been as bad, if not worse, since CC was appointed.

Yes, he has been left a bunch of wasters, bevvy merchants and chalatans by Hughes but surely after 10 or so games he should have identified this and started to ring the changes and put his stamp on the team.

We are now 2nd bottom, Aberdeen (who lost 5-0 to Hearts last time out and hadn't scored for 4 or 5 games) have just recorded their second win against us, Hamilton have a couple of games in hand. Make no mistake about it, we are certainties to get relegated unless we sign at least half a dozen new players in January. Can anyone see Petrie doing that?

We are Donald Ducked!!

I agree, there is just something that has made me judge earlier than is probably fair, the board have made an error IMO. If CC was to lose job for failing members of the board have to follow.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I've no issue with STF - we owe him everything but those 'leading' the club on a day to day basis have failed the fans big time. Particularly, thise fans with STs who have poured hundreds/thousands in to supporting the club.

I agree and as you say we owe him big time but he's not interested in what goes on on the park and it seems to be that corporate events at ER are all that matters, a total waste of money on a stand when even at that time we needed new palyers badly, the board MUST react to this in January or we will be playing 1st division football next season if the reconstruction doesn't go through.

And just as a footnote, we don't need ultra happy clappers coming saying get behind the team because we did today to no avail.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I agree, there is just something that has made me judge earlier than is probably fair, the board have made an error IMO. If CC was to lose job for failing members of the board have to follow.

Agreed, Petrie's job is also on the line with CC's appointment. Hibs are truly DIRE to watch and the crowds will continue to fall.

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I agree and as you say we owe him big time but he's not interested in what goes on on the park and it seems to be that corporate events at ER are all that matters, a total waste of money on a stand when even at that time we needed new palyers badly, the board MUST react to this in January or we will be playing 1st division football next season if the reconstruction doesn't go through.

And just as a footnote, we don't need ultra happy clappers coming saying get behind the team because we did today to no avail.

Are there any Happy Clappers left?

gillythehibby
26-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I agree that this starts at the top. The constant money pinching will come back to haunt us. Our bank balance looks great but that means fk all on the park. My question would be is why are so called lesser clubs with noreal resources picking up results? Killie for one. Why has mixu been able to pick up cheap players on cheaper salaries outplaying Hibs? We need a clear-out pronto. It aint working. We have no option to let CC try and build, but it may be petrie and co just not up to bringing in the funds required to purchase better talent. Bad times right now boys.

hibbybrian
26-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Petrie :grr: :devil:

EasterRoad4Ever
26-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I agree that this starts at the top. The constant money pinching will come back to haunt us. Our bank balance looks great but that means fk all on the park. My question would be is why are so called lesser clubs with noreal resources picking up results? Killie for one. Why has mixu been able to pick up cheap players on cheaper salaries outplaying Hibs? We need a clear-out pronto. It aint working. We have no option to let CC try and build, but it may be petrie and co just not up to bringing in the funds required to purchase better talent. Bad times right now boys.

There is ZERO entertainment at ER these days = falling crowds (as seen today) = Petrie will act. There was more booing of Hibs players today than I can ever remember at ER. There is little to no support for the current bunch of players and Hibs fans patience has gone - time to act Petrie.

delbert
26-12-2010, 04:35 PM
At least we can now stop calling ourselves relegation contenders - one or two more results like this and certainties will be a far more accurate word.

Pasted by almost every team in the league so far, beaten twice by the worst Aberdeen team in living memory, clueless, gutless, spineless, wage thieveing duds (bar Riordan who plays like he actually cares for this team, God help us if he picks up an injury), who have now turned us into a laughing stock, the worst Hibs team since the days of Duncan Lambie & Jas. K. Brown.

Every other team down at the bottom has been in this fight before and knows how to get out, and even Aberdeen had the sense to first and foremost appoint an organizer, we have gone once again for someone untried (in Scottish football at any rate) - We are in big trouble, look at our upcoming fixtures, where the hell do we pick up any points in the next few weeks. I've seen my team relegated with far better players than we have now, and for Calderwood to come out last week and publicly state that we will only be getting one or two players in in the January window beggars belief, surely the first thing we need coming from our manager are credible statements, and not garbage like that. Out of the current team, I reckon only Riordan would have got into the team relegated at the end of the seventies, start praying guys, it may well feel like a long season so far, but it might end up not long enough for us to get out of this mess.

Captain Trips
26-12-2010, 04:38 PM
The fact we are here again discussing yet another poor Hibs team when for the last few years we have had a resource that should see us 4th/3rd IMO without worry shows we have failed to appoint a capable manager, there is no acceptable excuse for Hibernian FC to be in this position.

Cropley10
26-12-2010, 04:41 PM

But this is the same Board who brought us back from the financial abyss :confused:

Rod Petrie's Chairmanship makes us the role model for every other Club in Scotland.

We are VERY lucky to be able to afford to have such talented people running the Club. Let's not forget we pay as much as anyone outside the OF and Hertz on wages and have backed each of our last 4 managers to the hilt.

Captain Trips
26-12-2010, 04:41 PM
At least we can now stop calling ourselves relegation contenders - one or two more results like this and certainties will be a far more accurate word.

Pasted by almost every team in the league so far, beaten twice by the worst Aberdeen team in living memory, clueless, gutless, spineless, wage thieveing duds (bar Riordan who plays like he actually cares for this team, God help us if he picks up an injury), who have now turned us into a laughing stock, the worst Hibs team since the days of Duncan Lambie & Jas. K. Brown.

Every other team down at the bottom has been in this fight before and knows how to get out, and even Aberdeen had the sense to first and foremost appoint an organizer, we have gone once again for someone untried (in Scottish football at any rate) - We are in big trouble, look at our upcoming fixtures, where the hell do we pick up any points in the next few weeks. I've seen my team relegated with far better players than we have now, and for Calderwood to come out last week and publicly state that we will only be getting one or two players in in the January window beggars belief, surely the first thing we need coming from our manager are credible statements, and not garbage like that. Out of the current team, I reckon only Riordan would have got into the team relegated at the end of the seventies, start praying guys, it may well feel like a long season so far, but it might end up not long enough for us to get out of this mess.

He cant get this team playing so 1 or 2 players will make little difference unless its David Villa and Cesc Fabregas, Hibs are a shambles and I cannot see what more CC had to offer than the managers gone before.

southern hibby
26-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Once again we will be told some old sh*t like just a bad day at the office. Not a truer word has been spoken.
I am However 100% behind our management team and a couple off our players as well. But we just have not got the finances to clear the lot out and start again from scratch in one go. If we did could we get the players we need all in one or two transfer windows? Which leave the BIG Question in my mind. Are the players that are left in the team until we can get shot of them going to corrupt any players we bring in with their couldn't give a Flying **** attitude?
I really do beleive CC has to go to the board during the transfer window and say look this is how it is get rid off these players ( I would say at least 5 or 6) and we need to bring in replacements.
The Board will flip their lid but they would need to spend if CC says he cannot do anything with this bunch of muppets and he would rather walk than be a manager who got us relegated and lets be honest that's what is staring us in the face.
I don't know the answer as I'm not gifted enough to be a manager but one thing I would like to say to the players who are not trying is that ............................

You are a bunch of lazy useless sh*ts that are punching above your weight only hope you end up at the job centre. You are a disgrace of the highest order putting on my teams jersey and hiding behind your fellow players. You steal your wages from the people who work their socks of to afford the privilage to go and watch that Jersey that you put on because no other fools want you. That's right no one else is daft enough to take you but the end of your days at HIBS are coming and you can just get lost because in future days when HIBS FANS are talking we will be saying this one and that one was terrible.

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE's THAT CAN SET YOUR FUTURE AT HIBS, GENTS TIME TO GROW UP AND BE COUNTED LIKE REAL MEN. Rant Over and to the ones who can honestly say they try GOD BLESS YOU FROM A HIBS FAN.

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Once again we will be told some old sh*t like just a bad day at the office. Not a truer word has been spoken.
I am However 100% behind our management team and a couple off our players as well. But we just have not got the finances to clear the lot out and start again from scratch in one go. If we did could we get the players we need all in one or two transfer windows? Which leave the BIG Question in my mind. Are the players that are left in the team until we can get shot of them going to corrupt any players we bring in with their couldn't give a Flying **** attitude?
I really do beleive CC has to go to the board during the transfer window and say look this is how it is get rid off these players ( I would say at least 5 or 6) and we need to bring in replacements.The Board will flip their lid but they would need to spend if CC says he cannot do anything with this bunch of muppets and he would rather walk than be a manager who got us relegated and lets be honest that's what is staring us in the face.
I don't know the answer as I'm not gifted enough to be a manager but one thing I would like to say to the players who are not trying is that ............................

You are a bunch of lazy useless sh*ts that are punching above your weight only hope you end up at the job centre. You are a disgrace of the highest order putting on my teams jersey and hiding behind your fellow players. You steal your wages from the people who work their socks of to afford the privilage to go and watch that Jersey that you put on because no other fools want you. That's right no one else is daft enough to take you but the end of your days at HIBS are coming and you can just get lost because in future days when HIBS FANS are talking we will be saying this one and that one was terrible.

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE's THAT CAN SET YOUR FUTURE AT HIBS, GENTS TIME TO GROW UP AND BE COUNTED LIKE REAL MEN. Rant Over and to the ones who can honestly say they try GOD BLESS YOU FROM A HIBS FAN.

Surely he did that weeks ago. He had better have some players lined up by now or we are going down. no doubt about it!

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2010, 05:03 PM

You can bet your bottom dollar there is and they always come out from under the covers when we're away tae oor beds :wink:

TheEastTerrace
26-12-2010, 05:07 PM
But this is the same Board who brought us back from the financial abyss :confused:

Rod Petrie's Chairmanship makes us the role model for every other Club in Scotland.

We are VERY lucky to be able to afford to have such talented people running the Club. Let's not forget we pay as much as anyone outside the OF and Hertz on wages and have backed each of our last 4 managers to the hilt.

Was Rod Petrie not part of the board that took us to the financial abyss during the boom and bust of the late 90s and early 00s? I think some people seem to forget that.

His record in appointment of managers is appalling too.

All I'm saying is that St. Petrie is not infallible.

Davy Mac
26-12-2010, 05:08 PM
With a team like ours in freefall lifting this bunch will take some doing.

The silence for me is deafening once again, somebody said on another thread normally you get a wee lift with a new Manager but it just hasn't happened.

I'm comfortable to give him 2 or 3 years to get this wonderful club of ours back on track but I need to know what the football plan/strategy is?

I feel we don't think like a big club anymore, there is no swagger about us, we seem to rely on fan loyalty and living in the past we 'gie the baw to Reilly' and all that. Love our history but ffs let's worrying about our playing future.

The ribbing & roastings from that mob across the city, explaining to the kids we're basically shxte and keeping their interest - sick to the back teeth of it.

Who's our leader, who do we look up to?

Don't know about you but I haven't enjoyed my turkey this year with the threat of laying off staff, losing contracts and tough sales ahead.

Do the players and RP worry about their jobs? Doubt it.

Half of them can do one and pronto - you've had your chance now so fxck right off as soon as possible.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 05:17 PM

We are now 3rd bottom, Aberdeen (who lost 5-0 to Hearts last time out and hadn't scored for 4 or 5 games) have just recorded their second win against us, Hamilton have a couple of games in hand. Make no mistake about it, we are certainties to get relegated unless we sign at least half a dozen new players in January. Can anyone see Petrie doing that?

We are Donald Ducked!!

I couldn't agree more - if CC had been any kind of a manager he would have assiduously read through Hibs Net posts over the past few years and realised that when push comes to shove, Hogg can be truly awful.

The very concept of a manager judging players by trying them out himself is just rank incompetence - there is just no need for it, not with all the considerable expertise available on this forum!

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I couldn't agree more - if CC had been any kind of a manager he would have assiduously read through Hibs Net posts over the past few years and realised that when push comes to shove, Hogg can be truly awful.

The very concept of a manager judging players by trying them out himself is just rank incompetence - there is just no need for it, not with all the considerable expertise available on this forum!

I would have thought 3 months, bringing 6 defeats from 9 SPL matches, two of which at the hands of the worst Aberdeen side EVER, would have been enough to allow him to formulate an opinion of his players, epsecailly when he has also been working with them at training every day. He said in his interview today when asked about players coming and going in January that he wanted to give his players the respect of allowing them to show what they've got. Fair enough but surely they've had their chance by now.

sahib
26-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I

But thats all you can do at this stage.

RickyS
26-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I would have thought 3 months, bringing 6 defeats from 9 SPL matches, two of which at the hands of the worst Aberdeen side EVER, would have been enough to allow him to formulate an opinion of his players, epsecailly when he has also been working with them at training every day. He said in his interview today when asked about players coming and going in January that he wanted to give his players the respect of allowing them to show what they've got. Fair enough but surely they've had their chance by now.

agree with you mate

Albion Hibs
26-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I wouldnt have either of them near the team. Both lack the basic skills needed to be a footballer in the SPL.

Hogg I would not have in the team.

Murray is probably our best / most consistant player, and was probably our best player again today, as he has been in and around that accolade since he came back into the team.

But you know how much I value your view on Murray. Your constant criticism of him reeks of Yam to me. But then again you would not know how he played today.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 05:47 PM

You really think he doesn't know that the squad he inherited is p*sh? He probably knew that before he signed his contract.

Now - I can see that it makes you angry when the club you support is refusing to spend the untold riches at it's disposal to turn us into a great team but it does make you sound like a spoiled brat in all honesty - I can hardly believe we support the same team.

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 05:54 PM
You really think he doesn't know that the squad he inherited is p*sh? He probably knew that before he signed his contract.

Now - I can see that it makes you angry when the club you support is refusing to spend the untold riches at it's disposal to turn us into a great team but it does make you sound like a spoiled brat in all honesty - I can hardly believe we support the same team.

You think I'm asking too much by looking for better than we currently are? You are obviously far too easily pleased and need to set your sights higher.

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 05:55 PM

Who'll pick up more points between now and the end of the season between Calderwood/Adams and Brown/Knox...everyman and their dug will back Brown/Knox as they know what they're doing and will get the best out of what they have. Calderwood has already proved that he cannot get the best out of the players already at the club and that is a damning verdict.

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Who'll pick up more points between now and the end of the season between Calderwood/Adams and Brown/Knox...everyman and their dug will back Brown/Knox as they know what they're doing and will get the best out of what they have. Calderwood has already proved that he cannot get the best out of the players already at the club and that is a damning verdict.

Come on mate, you're begining to sound like a "spoiled brat" like me.

Andy74
26-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Give the guy a chance FFS.

As far as I'm aware we're still playing with the same rubbish players we had when Yogi was boss............

I though yogi was sacked for not doing better with good players??

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 06:25 PM

I agree with you that Craig Brown knows what he is doing but he is hardly one for the future IMO.

And if Craig is really the person to bring out the best in this squad it rather beggars the question as to what the best this squad has in it? A commendable 9th place perhaps?

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 06:26 PM

I think Yogi was sacked for signing the crap players and them still playing crap.

Andy, you're a more rationale poster and I'd like to hear your take on how we're in this mess.

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2010, 06:34 PM

Aberdeen were dreadful in the first half today and Hibs were not much better yet Brown managed to re arrange his side at half time and they were well worth the win.

Hamish
26-12-2010, 06:43 PM
First game of the season for me. Couldn't believe the standard of football in the first half from both teams.
Second was slightly better, Galbraith made a difference, or would have if he could get some decent passes. Murray put in a shift as did Wotherspoon. Brown saved us from a doing in the second half.
Hartley was the best player on the park by the length of Princes Street

KiddA
26-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Very true TQM but when will it begin? I have heard that CC is looking to bring one player in the January transfer window :confused:. Depressing times down Easter Road way :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Very true TQM but when will it begin? I have heard that CC is looking to bring one player in the January transfer window :confused:. Depressing times down Easter Road way :rolleyes:

One player !?! Then we're donald ducked!

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Are you in any way able to define what you mean by Donald Ducked? Or are you just mouthing off in a big way like people do on here?

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 08:09 PM

Why are you surprised, the board will see 5 players returning from injury or loan as adequate additions, the manager will see his budget cut dramatically over the next 7 months in preparation for a huge decrease in income and large increase in expenditure on payments due.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Are you in any way able to define what you mean by Donald Ducked? Or are you just mouthing off in a big way like people do on here?

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Well with 16 out of contract in the summer, poor results and a side lacking in belief, leadership, pace, flare, goals etc I was hopeful of several to be honest.

And shouldn't the rebuilding for next season and beyond start in the immediate window???

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Why are you surprised, the board will see 5 players returning from injury or loan as adequate additions, the manager will see his budget cut dramatically over the next 7 months in preparation for a huge decrease in income and large increase in expenditure on payments due.

But our Board are visionaries! How did they not see that eff off wave of apathy and falling income/increased debt and costs coming???

DaveF
26-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Well with 16 out of contract in the summer, poor results and a side lacking in belief, leadership, pace, flare, goals etc I was hopeful of several to be honest.

And shouldn't the rebuilding for next season and beyond start in the immediate window???

Chopping and changing managers every now and then surely contributes to a situation which we see ourselves in now, no? IE, some managers fancy players, new managers fancy other players - contracts handed out all over the place and the end result is this.

So, you got what you wanted, no?

18/03/07
26-12-2010, 08:37 PM
TQM,i listen to ur comments a lot and once again i agree with what you say,we were utter p*sh today,gutless,spineless today,from what i hear behind the scenes,C.C, is keeping players behind for extra training that he wants to keep

new malkyhib
26-12-2010, 08:39 PM
With a team like ours in freefall lifting this bunch will take some doing.

The silence for me is deafening once again, somebody said on another thread normally you get a wee lift with a new Manager but it just hasn't happened.

I'm comfortable to give him 2 or 3 years to get this wonderful club of ours back on track but I need to know what the football plan/strategy is?

I feel we don't think like a big club anymore, there is no swagger about us, we seem to rely on fan loyalty and living in the past we 'gie the baw to Reilly' and all that. Love our history but ffs let's worrying about our playing future.

The ribbing & roastings from that mob across the city, explaining to the kids we're basically shxte and keeping their interest - sick to the back teeth of it.

Who's our leader, who do we look up to?

Don't know about you but I haven't enjoyed my turkey this year with the threat of laying off staff, losing contracts and tough sales ahead.

Do the players and RP worry about their jobs? Doubt it.

Half of them can do one and pronto - you've had your chance now so fxck right off as soon as possible.

:top marksI've thought of posting something along these lines for ages, but didn't for fear of being called a "doom and gloomer" or constantly criticising the club, etc.

I was brought up by old man on tales of the Famous Five, and how Gordon Smith was his hero.

That's part of the rich heritage of the club, along with the Turnbull's Tornadoes, but to my mind it's now hackneyed and overplayed - you can only keep living in the past for so long - to the present and future Hibs supporters it ultimately means naff all.

It's time for the Hibs of "now" to create its own history, which we're not going to get under this present regime IMHO, - quite the opposite in fact -we're going down unless remedial action is taken immediately, beginning at midnight on the 1st Jan 2011, and I think if we can limp to the end of the season still in the SPL, then wholesale changes are required from the top down at ER, beginning with our Chief Executive, who more and more these days strikes me as being the Board equilavent of Alex Miller...

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Its a pity they are not out of contract now and we could get shot of the bulk of them. An added problem for Calderwood is the apparent lack of any quality players coming through from the youth set up which makes rebuiling on a limited budget even harder.
Another sad reflection on our much lauded "conveyer belt of talent".

BEEJ
26-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Yogi was sacked for a number of reasons - the quality of his signings in the 2010 summer window being one of them.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Chopping and changing managers every now and then surely contributes to a situation which we see ourselves in now, no? IE, some managers fancy players, new managers fancy other players - contracts handed out all over the place and the end result is this.

Some of the 16 were signed as far back as Mowbray.

matty_f
26-12-2010, 08:50 PM

:agree: Spot on.

We reek of a club that has had no stability or consistency for some time.

DaveF
26-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Some of the 16 were signed as far back as Mowbray.

Hogg and Zemmama I can name. Not too many others though I think?

Who else?

BEEJ
26-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Hogg and Zemmama I can name. Not too many others though I think?

Who else?
Stevenson was around in Mowbray's era as a youngster.

matty_f
26-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Stevenson and McCann (on loan) go back to Mowbray's era.

Don't think Mowbray really played them though - IIRC they would have been at the club but weren't fancied as first team players until JC took over.

Wouldn't put either of them in the 'keep' list, mind.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2010, 09:04 PM
We have a nice new stand

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 09:16 PM

We're Donald Ducked because 16 are out of contract in the summer? You do realise we can sign 16 other players then?

I know that some people's only measure of success is what happens next Saturday - I was assuming this was a more intelligent exchange.

BEEJ
26-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Don't think Mowbray really played them though - IIRC they would have been at the club but weren't fancied as first team players until JC took over.

Wouldn't put either of them in the 'keep' list, mind.
Yeah, revised my post after thinking about it. :wink:

Stevenson got a couple of appearances under Mowbray; but he and McCann only started to feature semi-regularly after JC took over. (McCann had just moved up from the U-19s, I think.)

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 09:21 PM
We're Donald Ducked because 16 are out of contract in the summer? You do realise we can sign 16 other players then?

I know that some people's only measure of success is what happens next Saturday - I was assuming this was a more intelligent exchange.

I was talking about next season. The need to prepare for it and the team's shortcomings. These were there last Saturday and will be there next Saturday also. I thought the reference to next season was beyond the next game personally.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 09:22 PM
We have a nice new stand

Don't you mean that you, your children, and your children's children have a nice new stand!

And even if you don't give a toss about that, I , for one, am happy that future generations of the Hibby Nation will take pride in what has gone before and what they have inherited!

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Thought I'd bring this to your attention. I think you may have missed it.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?199858-Where-are-we-going-as-a-team-club/page2

Wembley67
26-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I've not read one of these posts or whoever started this thread but it seem you are a bit daft if that is what you think.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 09:29 PM
]I was talking about next season. The need to prepare for it and the team's shortcomings.[/B] These were there last Saturday and will be there next Saturday also. I thought the reference to next season was beyond the next game personally.

CC has had zero transfer windows so far and will have two transfer windows before next season yet you are confidently proclaiming we are Donald Ducked?

You are aware where your asshole is are you? (Your elbow is halfway down your arm btw).

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Don't you mean that you, your children, and your children's children have a nice new stand!

And even if you don't give a toss about that, I , for one, am happy that future generations of the Hibby Nation will take pride in what has gone before and what they have inherited!

Yeah...The Morton fans who are likely to look at the stand next season will love looking at it. :rolleyes:

Nae offence mate. We have a decent enough stadium to look at anyway. We do not, however, have a good team to watch ON THE PARK.

Andy74
26-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I think Yogi was sacked for signing the crap players and them still playing crap.

Andy, you're a more rationale poster and I'd like to hear your take on how we're in this mess.

Initially I think a combination of key injuries, loss of atmosphere with the stand build and eventually loss of confidence.

I think we started the new season okay but the euro games we got wrong and that hit the confidence again. We sold stokes and his replacement got injured and then the confidence slid even more. We got the change of manager but stil have the key attacking players injured.

I think our continued poor form has shown that tactics and interviews were never the issue. The squad needs changing a lot and Hughes knew that too.

The complaints have changed though from it all being about management to it now being players.

At some point we need to appoint a manager and let him get a few years without bailing during tough times. We just end up back where we were every time.

PaulSmith
26-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I've not read one of these posts or whoever started this thread but it seem you are a bit daft if that is what you think.

Thread started to say that today was as bad as ive seen for years

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah...The Morton fans who are likely to look at the stand next season will love looking at it. :rolleyes:

Nae offence mate. We have a decent enough stadium to look at anyway. We do not, however, have a good team to watch ON THE PARK.

If we did end up in Div 1 would that really be the end of the road for you?

In case you're interested, Man U have a really good team to watch ON THE PARK!

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 09:52 PM

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Yeah....think your barking up the wrong trees about Man Utd cause I really couldn't give a flying f´ck a about them. :rolleyes:

Hibs, i've seen them in the 1st division and really don't fancy seeing them there again.

Arch Stanton
26-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah....think your barking up the wrong trees about Man Utd cause I really couldn't give a flying f´ck a about them. :rolleyes:

Hibs, i've seen them in the 1st division and really don't fancy seeing them there again.

In the worst case there's always the shops on Princes Street I guess - I'll still keep turning up for my sins, nothings for ever, as they say.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 10:21 PM
CC has had zero transfer windows so far and will have two transfer windows before next season yet you are confidently proclaiming we are Donald Ducked?

You are aware where your asshole is are you? (Your elbow is halfway down your arm btw).

And if you look at the post above in reply to Andy74 - I say almost exactly that - CC has had no chance to make significant changes.

The Donald Ducked reference was about only one player in the window.

And FTR I thought you wanted an intelligent conversation - why the need for asshole and elbow comments? :bye:

Andy74
26-12-2010, 10:27 PM
And if you look at the post above in reply to Andy74 - I say almost exactly that - CC has had no chance to make significant changes.

The Donald Ducked reference was about only one player in the window.

And FTR I thought you wanted an intelligent conversation - why the need for asshole and elbow comments? :bye:
But why would CC need to make all the changes? We've just had months of hearing how everything Hughes did was stopping us get the benefit of our good players.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 10:35 PM
But why would CC need to make all the changes? We've just had months of hearing how everything Hughes did was stopping us get the benefit of our good players.

The WORST home record in our history ever might be evidence of Yogi's failings. Yogi also had a few windows to make changes..

silverhibee
26-12-2010, 10:36 PM

But will his kids want to go along to the nice new stand and watch Hibs in the 1st division because thats where wee are heading right now.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Did you see my post about how few strikers and limited availability of said strikers also?

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2010, 10:40 PM
But will his kids want to go along to the nice new stand and watch Hibs in the 1st division because thats where wee are heading right now.

It was an adventure.

Greenock, Kirkcaldy, Dumfries, Dingwall, but hey, don't worry, we're far to good to go down that route. :rolleyes:

gorgie_harp
27-12-2010, 12:03 AM
It was an adventure.

Greenock, Kirkcaldy, Dumfries, Dingwall, but hey, don't worry, we're far to good to go down that route. :rolleyes:

Again. ( still, farts are going bust):rolleyes:

Septimus
27-12-2010, 12:01 PM
There has to be a positive side to all this and perhaps it is that Adams must know who the better players in the First Division are. We need players who are on the way up, keen to impress, and willing to work rather than yesterday's men on the way down. No, not a Duffy crowd, but young players.

Yesterday Brown had a really good game. At least we now have a goalkeeper. The rest of the defence seemed incapable of anything other than a desperate clearance up the park to anybody who happened to be there. Seems a long time since Collins had us building from the back.

The real mystery is how this same team managed to beat Rangers at Ibrox.

delbert
27-12-2010, 03:15 PM
There is no mystery why we beat Rangers at Ibrox or indeed played well at Parkhead when only going down 2-1, Rangers and Celtc will both give you the ball and allow you to play because they are confident that they are actually better and will beat you when you open up a bit, and against most sides it usually works for them.

Our problems are when we come up against sides who basically want to stop the opposition playing, and thats where our total lack of pace, flair, guile, fitness, and fight are totally exposed, when we have to into the trenches and actually dig out a few results against dross, we are hopelessly exposed, and have been pumped time and time again over the last year by numerous teams who are pretty much on a par with us.

Make no mistake, there are not many in the current Hibs side I would keep, they dont seem to care about the club, and as far as I am concerned 16 contracts up at the end of the season may not be enough, but how many players from other clubs in the SPL who we could reasonably afford would you actually take?? Rooney at ICT? Swanson at DU? maybe 3 or 4 more, but there are not many who jump out as being the dogs bollocks are there?

What is going to cost us, I fear, big time this season, is the total lack of fight and pride, which bar one or two players, left our club months ago, these guisers dont care, and when I hear that CC has been reported as saying that he will bring in only one or two in the window, frankly I am wondering just what the guy is smoking!! I want him to succeed, but if he thinks that one or two players are going to make a difference to this mob, then he is seriously out to lunch!! Today in the papers it is trumpeted to the heavens that we are going to bring back the kids, so no pressure at all on Booth & Byrne then, just save our season please lads! If it was any other club going into the papers with this, we would call it for what it is, utter desperation! As far as I am concerned, 11th place will be a success this year, because if we manage to stay out of the first division with these players, then Calderwood will actually have done pretty well, they are as good collectively as a number of teams around them, but do not want to fight for the jersey, so lets do the right thing and punt these charlatans.

Week in week out, one of these guisers goes into the press and says something along the lines of 'we are not as bad as results suggest' or ' watch our season take off after our next win' Until they start producing on the park, they should stop embarrassing themselves, us and the club as a whole with this drivel, the table doesnt lie, we are where we are because colectively as a team (and I use the word in its loosest possible sense) we are garbage. A Hibby till they stick me six feet under, but these guys are testing many of us to the limit, grow some ****in balls, and start fighting for the jersey !!

renato
27-12-2010, 07:36 PM
My tuppence worth.

There's no way we'll go the whole window signing only 1 player. CC and Rod will know exactly how precarious a position we're in but will definitely not want other clubs to hear publically how desparate we are for new blood. Otherwise, £ in their eyes when Hibernian come calling for players.

CC is simply playing the game, as we've done many times in the past. At least I hope so, otherwise we really are up **** creek!

And another thing, I think posters are well within their rights to be disappointed and frankly highly concerned at the position we now find ourselves in. Nobody wants another season in the 1st and that is looking more and more likely as the weeks pass......unless we address players, attitude and tactics pronto.

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 07:53 PM

Thing is Dave, who appointed these inexperienced, naive, managers? Who thought it would be a great idea to have them spending 'our' money on the players we bought and signed? How many have we released? How many are worth anything? How many have 'come on'?

Whatever anyone thinks of our very talented Board, I don't think they can - for a second - claim to have pursued a successful strategy. It's easy to blame Collins, Mixu, Hughes, whoever - but there's only one, common denominator. In life you get what you pay for - we are where we are because of what's happened over the past 4 years....

Steve-O
27-12-2010, 09:55 PM

We are Donald Ducked!!

I think I agree to be honest.

Yesterday was my first game in the flesh in over 3 years and I could not quite believe just how far we have regressed in that time.

I am being absolutely serious when I say that watching the A-League in Australia/NZ is FAR more entertaining than that nonsense I watched yesterday. Wellington Phoenix are having a dodgy season but last weekend they won 4-0...can you seriously imagine Hibs beating anyone 4-0 with this current bunch of imposters?? I can barely believe we managed to actually score and I would be surprised if I see another Hibs goal in the 180 minutes I've still got to endure before I go back to New Zealand.

They really do need to get rid of EVERYONE and start again. That team on the pitch don't look like they know what they are doing, and to be honest they do not even look like they are trying or even care!

As Frazerbob says above - we are Donald Ducked.