PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan

hibbysam
25-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Why don't we all unite in our bid to get Derek a new contract at Easter Road,

Can we afford, in the situation we are in, to let this lad go for nothing?

Without his goals we would be bottom and with basically no hope this season and thats not exaggerating, 100 goals for the club he supports and loves and we still see no deal?

Just a suggestion but after every goal between now and he either leaves or signs a new contract lets get a rendition of "PETRIE SIGN HIM UP":flag:

I for one feel we need to get the message across how much he means to us and a team ...

Derek Riordan LEGEND!:not worth

Removed
25-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Why don't we all unite in our bid to get Derek a new contract at Easter Road,

Can we afford, in the situation we are in, to let this lad go for nothing?

Without his goals we would be bottom and with basically no hope this season and thats not exaggerating, 100 goals for the club he supports and loves and we still see no deal?

Just a suggestion but after every goal between now and he either leaves or signs a new contract lets get a rendition of "PETRIE SIGN HIM UP":flag:

I for one feel we need to get the message across how much he means to us and a team ...

Derek Riordan LEGEND!:not worth

:hmmm: but what if Petrie has already tried to sign him up and Riordan has knocked it back?

What do we sing then?

The Harp Awakes
25-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Not sure what the situation is with Derek's contract, but Hibs would be mad not to make every attempt to keep him.

R'Albin
25-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Instead of making crappy tasteless posters about Craig Thompson being a Pedo why doesnt someone make one saying "Sign Deeko up, now!" will become pointless in 6 months but still:wink:

moggie
25-12-2010, 11:48 PM
I fear the day Riordan retires from the game, what will become of Hibs then :worried:

silverhibee
26-12-2010, 12:12 AM
:hmmm: but what if Petrie has already tried to sign him up and Riordan has knocked it back?

What do we sing then?

But what if Petrie hasn't tried to sign him up and it leaves nothing to knock back.

What do wee sing then. :greengrin

Diclonius
26-12-2010, 12:19 AM

What do we sing then?

"Deeko, sign the **** up"? :cool2:

Removed
26-12-2010, 12:34 AM
But what if Petrie hasn't tried to sign him up and it leaves nothing to knock back.

You tell us :wink:

steakbake
26-12-2010, 12:51 AM
I reckon he'll be off. HFC can't offer him the kind of money that a player of his calibre would normally expect. Any number of Championship teams could, however. He'd be an idiot to go west twice but stranger things have happened.

AgentDaleCooper
26-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Instead of making crappy tasteless posters about Craig Thompson being a Pedo why doesnt someone make one saying "Sign Deeko up, now!" will become pointless in 6 months but still:wink:
someone tried that last time he buggered off, it was an absolute beast of a banner as well.

don't think banners achieve much, so might as well go for some arbitrary rudeness IMO :dunno:

matty_f
26-12-2010, 09:32 AM
someone tried that last time he buggered off, it was an absolute beast of a banner as well.

don't think banners achieve much, so might as well go for some arbitrary rudeness IMO :dunno:

:tee hee: I like the thought of completely random banners :agree:

' Cats the musical is *****'

' elton john's wig'

' don't read this banner'

'i lost my shoe '

'polbeth for european city of culture'

frazeHFC
26-12-2010, 10:09 AM

' elton john's wig'

'i lost my shoe '

Those 2 are great :aok:

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 10:21 AM

McArthur has been in touch with Petrie, you have said this. CC wants to keep him, we have read this.

Unless Petrie and McArthur swapped stories on the situation in Afghanistan, i'm guessing they both said what they wanted and could afford.

If Deek wants more money, he will leave, simple.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 10:25 AM

How about

Petrie, retain the integrity of whatever pay scale we can afford, but recognise that maybe Deeks has a different level of value to the team and fans, pay him a big signing on fee, bonus for loyalty, goals, performance, satisfy us that we have done our best to keep him.

All set to the tune of "somewhere over the rainbow"

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 10:30 AM

' elton john's wig'

'i lost my shoe '

:greengrin I remember being at Tiny in the lates 70's / early 80's when the Yams had a sponsor called (or involving) Tractor Shovels and some wise guy had a small banner with "you can stick your Tractor Shovels up your ar*e" on it. It led to not a bad song of the same name!

down-the-slope
26-12-2010, 11:51 AM
How about

Petrie, retain the integrity of whatever pay scale we can afford, but recognise that maybe Deeks has a different level of value to the team and fans, pay him a big signing on fee, bonus for loyalty, goals, performance, satisfy us that we have done our best to keep him.

All set to the tune of "somewhere over the rainbow"

:agree: that i like....not sure if we have enough time to practise though......:faf:

SmokieJoe
26-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Deek re-signing/not could have something to with CC following up his comments early in his stint in the hotseat. he said he would bring bods in in Jan, Deeks might wait to see who and what calibre? lets be honest here, and its no swipe at CC, far from it, but is CC's record any better than Yogi's? (i'm sure someone will look at stats)

He has stated he wants to stay, if he genuinely does then money is irrelevant.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 01:46 PM
:agree: that i like....not sure if we have enough time to practise though......:faf:

Ach, improvise, or just hum along...........

smurf
26-12-2010, 02:03 PM
What about doing and saying nothing?

Because if you dare do so you will be accused of having some anti board agenda.....

wazoo1875
26-12-2010, 04:59 PM
If I were Derek Riordan I'd be wanting as far away from the rest of these hopeless f***ers as soon as I could!

Nuitdelune
26-12-2010, 05:01 PM
If I were Derek Riordan I'd be wanting as far away from the rest of these hopeless f***ers as soon as I could!

:agree:

madabouthibs
26-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Not that I think Deeks is that bothered, but I reckon him staying at Hibs will seriously affect the likelihood of a Scotland call up. That, and of course that four-eyed Yam pleb in the Scotland hotseat! :confused:

muirhousehibby
26-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Rumour floating about the west stand today was thats deeks was on the verge of joining QPR.

I think booing the team is wrong. it's petrie everyone should be targeting he signs the managers and we've had to many lately which is why there's no continuity.

Having no debt is one thing but everyone who buys a season ticket pays it to watch a good game of football, not to make sure the books are staying balanced.

CC i feel for him, he's got his work cut out in january to turn this around. And thats if Petrie allows him to go into the tranfer market...