PDA

View Full Version : Massive Banner For Tynie !!!!

Www1875hfc
24-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I Thought We Let The Yams Of Lightly At Easter Road r:e Craig Thomson.

So This Will Be On Show at tynie.

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,
And Along Came Craig Thomson,To Show Em The Pic's

:wink:

Sergey
24-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Terrible spelling :wink:

I'm in the Upper so can give you a hand to unfurl it :thumbsup:

essexhibee
24-12-2010, 10:51 PM
That is brilliant!

Although, isn't young craigy a die hard hibby? Might wanna let him off, wasn't half as bad as Rix actions and well Fashnu, just urgh.

hibeeleicester
24-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Top class as always from fellow hibees :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Hibs Class
24-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Some people might suggest that the inclusion of Fashanu, a tragic and troubled man who died at his own hand deserves a little better than this. If it was me I'd leave the banner at home.

CropleyWasGod
24-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Top class as always from fellow hibees :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Class? :cool2:

Removed
24-12-2010, 11:11 PM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

How big is it?

I'm sure that's been asked of the guys named more than a few times :greengrin

down-the-slope
24-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Some people might suggest that the inclusion of Fashanu, a tragic and troubled man who died at his own hand deserves a little better than this. If it was me I'd leave the banner at home.

:agree:

Back the Hibees rather stoop to a classless level

Www1875hfc
24-12-2010, 11:17 PM
How big is it?

I'm sure that's been asked of the guys named more than a few times :greengrin

25ft x 12.5 ft :greengrin

Removed
24-12-2010, 11:21 PM
25ft x 12.5 ft :greengrin

That's a big one :thumbsup:

Oo er missus :wink:

California-Hibs
24-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Brilliant! :flag:

iwasthere1972
25-12-2010, 01:19 AM

:agree: It's in bad taste and we should leave all this crap to the OF and the Yams.

Calvin
25-12-2010, 01:20 AM
:agree: It's in bad taste and we should leave all this crap to the OF and the Yams.

Forza Fred
25-12-2010, 01:25 AM

Back the Hibees rather stoop to a classless level

Agree totally.

leave the childishness to the other mob.

concentrate on the fitba

Pete
25-12-2010, 01:39 AM

My first instinct was the same as yours.

However, I don't care about their feelings any more.

Fashanu is probably up there laughing at the banter suggested...and probably appreciates the humour in the original post.

Let's not cut people off for suggesting ideas that don't conform to the Hibernian human rights act of 2006... in force since Tony Mowbray left and a reference point to let us remember the last time we were actually 100% happy with trhe club.

Pete
25-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Agree totally.

leave the childishness to the other mob.

concentrate on the fitba

Sorry to turn on you...

...but why don't you create someting like a banner or song that is purely football related?

There IS room for bitterness and childeshness.

I reckon that's where the genius banners/songs come from.

iwasthere1972
25-12-2010, 01:54 AM
My first instinct was the same as yours.

However, I don't care about their feelings any more.

Fashanu is probably up there laughing at the banter suggested...and probably appreciates the humour in the original post.

Let's not cut people off for suggesting ideas that don't conform to the Hibernian human rights act of 2006... in force since Tony Mowbray left and a reference point to let us remember the last time we were actually 100% happy with trhe club.

They can do what they want but it still doesn't change my opinion. I'd rather they didn't stoop to this level.

:flag: More of them would be better.

Franck Le God
25-12-2010, 01:54 AM
The idea of the banner doesn't seem to be to mock individuals, deceased or otherwise, just to poke fun at the shambles that is HMFC.

Diclonius
25-12-2010, 02:07 AM
-_-

bingo70
25-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Cannae believe i'm saying this as normally i'd be up for giving **** to hearts about absolutely anything and i've absolutely no problem about giving skacel, mercer and his widow grief but IMO I don't see why Fashanu should be getting involved in a banner like that.

Is it just cos he was gay? don't get me wrong if i was talking to jambo mate i'd probably wind him up about stuff like that but i'm no sure as part of a banner is the right thing to do, i think there's a danger of being mentioned in the same breath as rangers biggots if we do something like that and that doesn't sit comfortably with me TBH.

Good luck with whatever banner you decide though, i certainly won't be losing any sleep over who it might offend.

nonshinyfinish
25-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Is there something I don't know about Fashanu? Or is the idea to just lump him in with sex offenders because he was gay?

:bitchy:

SkintHibby
25-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Please, please leave this banner at home.

I expect classless nonsense like this from the maroon balloons.

Again, please don't unfurl it at Swinie.

Jaz
25-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Please do not do this.

Embarrassing!!

A huge banner with a positive message for our players might be a better idea no? :flag:

grunt
25-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Same standard of spelling as Celtc's banner.

Jack
25-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Please do not do this.

Embarrassing!!

A huge banner with a positive message for our players might be a better idea no? :flag:

I agree. The build up for the players will be even bigger than for us. Imagine running out against your biggest rivals. You're in the tunnel, your hear the crowd going wild, as you come out you look over to your fans in anticipation. You see the banner and you think WTF.

bigstu
25-12-2010, 09:23 AM
hearts wont let you through the gate with it anyway

PaulSmith
25-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm sure Thomson's relatives and mates in the Hibs end will help you unfurl it. :rolleyes:

No the best idea mate

Greentinted
25-12-2010, 09:45 AM
The Justin Fashanu reference - No need. :bitchy:

25 years ago yesterday, a highly valued member of the Hibernian dynasty took his own life. Would Erich be fair game as well?

CentreLine
25-12-2010, 10:10 AM

I totally agree with the above comment. With apologies to the ladies, Hibs fans have been known as "Gentlemen" for generations and for good reason, we try to avoid getting involved in this sort of rubbish. The lad is potentially one of the best talents to come out of Scottish football for a long time. I would have him and Wallace at Easter Road at the drop of a hat.

Now IIRC he was nineteen and flirting with a girl four years younger than him. Hands up everyone on here that is associated with/engaged/married to a girl four or more years younger than them.

Now please get a grip and give the guy a break. If I may offer some advice, leave the daft banner at home

DarrenSQH
25-12-2010, 10:19 AM
That banner would be a disgrace. There's no need to put gay people on the same level as sex offenders and pedophiles. Especially with how his life ended.

PiemanP
25-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I see the PC, sensitive crowd are even out in force on xmas day!

Its a banner ripping into our biggest rivals, and will wind a good few of them up - which is the exact point of the banner!!

Yes we are ripping into a paedo, a poof and a yam with a camera phone, but if you cant handle that then you shouldnt be at a derby.

Calvin
25-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes we are ripping into a paedo, a poof and a yam with a camera phone, but if you cant handle that then you shouldnt be at a derby.

If I am against homophobia I shouldn't be at a derby?

Oh dear, sometimes I despair.

Saorsa
25-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Its a banner ripping into our biggest rivals, and will wind a good few of them up - which is the exact point of the banner!!

Yes we are ripping into a paedo, a poof and a yam with a camera phone, but if you cant handle that then you shouldnt be at a derby.oh dear, you'll be in trouble now :greengrin :hilarious

Expecting Rain
25-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Hibs should be winding up Hearts on the pitch where it matters, i think the banner is inappropriate.

Littlest Hobo
25-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Idea for a banner

we are the hibs

THE LEITHY BOYZ ARE IN TOWN

hibbymac
25-12-2010, 11:07 AM

:faf:

So that's what a Derby match is all about :bitchy:

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 11:08 AM

It sounds as if you're winding up a few of "your own" as well.

Delete the Fashanu bit and you might have a case. Just.

Littlest Hobo
25-12-2010, 11:10 AM
What aboot just singing this instead ????

Song for Tynie

whosee that TWAT from Czech Republic

whose that money grabbing whoreeeee

Rudi Scatchel is his name

and he hasn't got a brain

and he won't be winning trophies anymore!

yesssssss!

Tevez song- www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPRR0Y3uLg

Beefster
25-12-2010, 11:25 AM

The only good thing about this (and the original banner) is that, again, most Hibs fans have shown them to be thoroughly decent by opposing this type of homophobic pish.

The 'PC gone mad' excuse and stuff like it are the lazy rallying call of those condoning prejudice. What next - "They're only inflatable bananas, FFS"?

Oh, Happy Christmas btw.

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 11:26 AM
I was going to say it's in bad taste and classless. It most probably is. But **** it, it will stick the boot in and wind them up no end. This country's far too 'PC' for my liking. I personally couldnae give a flying one about those who the banner will offend.

Including those in the Hibs support who are gay?

Littlest Hobo
25-12-2010, 11:40 AM

Upset you did it :devil: :wink: :greengrin

Greentinted
25-12-2010, 11:43 AM
If displaying a wee bit of empathy and decorum towards the memory of a guy who troubled over his sexuality and had to deal with bigotry and derision for a significant portion of his prematurely arrested life makes me a member of the 'PC brigade', then fair enough guv, guilty as charged.

--------
25-12-2010, 11:58 AM

How awfully, awfully proud I'll be when the cameras focus in on this poisonous crap.

The point of a derby, IIRC, is to support your team and (hopefully) celebrate a win over your nearest rivals. This is exactly the sort of rubbish we object to when Hearts supporters say it about our players. It's immature, tasteless, and offensive. There's nothing funny about it at all.

For pity's sake leave it at home - unless, of course, you're actually trying to give the whole club and its support a bad name.

Oh yes - the spelling sucks as well.

nonshinyfinish
25-12-2010, 12:07 PM
The only good thing about this (and the original banner) is that, again, most Hibs fans have shown them to be thoroughly decent by opposing this type of homophobic pish.

The 'PC gone mad' excuse and stuff like it are the lazy rallying call of those condoning prejudice. What next - "They're only inflatable bananas, FFS"?

Oh, Happy Christmas btw.

If displaying a wee bit of empathy and decorum towards the memory of a guy who troubled over his sexuality and had to deal with bigotry and derision for a significant portion of his prematurely arrested life makes me a member of the 'PC brigade', then fair enough guv, guilty as charged.

Completely agree with both.

Merry Christmas.

Elephant Stone
25-12-2010, 12:08 PM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

There's no apostrophe in pics. Apart from that it's good.

And by good I mean absolutely *****ing horrendous.

Diclonius
25-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Seconded.

Forget "PC gone mad", it's political incorrectness gone mad now. :rolleyes:

.Sean.
25-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry, I deleted that post immediately after I posted it, as it was a stupid thing to say. What I meant was I didn't care that the banner would offend Fashnau, Rix or Thomson, and I didn't care that it would wind up the Jambo's. Gays who may be in the Hibs end might be offended by the banner so best to leave it at home I think.

sahib
25-12-2010, 12:52 PM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

That banner says so much more about you, than it does about Hearts.

Hibby70
25-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Didn't realise the internet worked in the dark ages. I'd rather fly a hearts flag that that one. Just makes us all out to be complete morons. Shove yer flag up your homophobic ass.
Oh and good will to all men.

.Sean.
25-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Didn't realise the internet worked in the dark ages. I'd rather fly a hearts flag that that one. Just makes us all out to be complete morons. Shove yer flag up your homophobic ass.
Oh and good will to all men.
Doubt anything will be shoved up his homophobic arse :tee hee:

nickwhibs
25-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll be gald I didn't get a ticket for the derby if that joke of a banner was to get unveiled in my name!

lyonhibs
25-12-2010, 03:12 PM

I DO hope you're joking??!!

Hibiza
25-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Club colours and songs does the business. forget the infantile stuff, leave that to them.

Sir David Gray
25-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I think the reference to Justin Fashanu is unnecessary to be honest, and I say that as someone who generally dislikes political correctness and I'm certainly no apologist for homosexuality as anyone who has read my posts on the Holy Ground will confirm.

Why not remake the banner that was done for Graham Rix a few years ago, that went along the lines of;

"Sorry Graham, there's no spare seats in the school end!"

If memory serves me correctly, somebody blabbed on their way into Tynecastle about the banner so it got confiscated by the stewards before anyone got a chance to bring it in, but I saw it lying outside at the end of the game.

Personally I thought that banner was quite good and although it would be confiscated once it got unfurled in the ground, I think it would be quite funny.

Much better than the original idea anyway. :agree:

Hibiza
25-12-2010, 04:25 PM
we, should be above this nonsense, perhaps a wee joke ,in some other form. we suerely are better . im no p'c, never lower my tone to the unwashed , gorgieites , take yer exam 3 times neandtherals.:hnet:

K.Marx
25-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Would rather see a banner commending deeks on his 100 goals for hibs tbh!!:flag:

Removed
25-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Would rather see a banner commending deeks on his 100 goals for hibs tbh!!:flag:

You know what to do then :thumbsup:

Big white sheet and some green paint :cool2:

California-Hibs
25-12-2010, 05:14 PM

Thats actually a very good idea!! Anyone up for it?? :greengrin

K.Marx
25-12-2010, 05:25 PM
You know what to do then :thumbsup:

Big white sheet and some green paint :cool2:

If I wasnt such a lazy **** I would :greengrin

I think "100 and counting" would be good, would piss off the yams without upsetting the PC brigade :wink:

greenlex
25-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Has this made kickback yet then? :greengrin

K.Marx
25-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Has this made kickback yet then? :greengrin

not yet, but they do have a thread simply discussing their hatred for Riordan with one fud claiming skacel is a "vastly superior talent":faf::faf::faf:

Judas Iscariot
25-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Brilliant :thumbsup:

It's a sad, sad day when we can't take the piss and rip into they manky, horrible welts without some of our support getting all PC and greetin faced :rolleyes:

AllyF
25-12-2010, 06:51 PM
What a load of bullsh*t.

Calvin
25-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Brilliant :thumbsup:

It's a sad, sad day when we can't take the piss and rip into they manky, horrible welts without some of our support getting all PC and greetin faced :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with taking the piss out of the Jambos, I quite enjoy that; however taking the piss out of the gays I certainly have an issue with when the person in question has done not a thing to merit it.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't worry, i have made a flag stating we love gays sex offenders and peado's, that should even things out.:devil:

Eganov
25-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I cannot believe the folk in here referring to fashanu in the same ilk as sex offenders just because he was gay. I think if you contact the match commander for the game and run it by them... You'll get a knock on the door and bed and breakfast for sure. This is an embarrassingly immature and disgraceful suggestion and the banner does not speak for the hibs fans in the stand on new years day

18/03/07
25-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I cannot believe the folk in here referring to fashanu in the same ilk as sex offenders just because he was gay. I think if you contact the match commander for the game and run it by them... You'll get a knock on the door and bed and breakfast for sure. This is an embarrassingly immature and disgraceful suggestion and the banner does not speak for the hibs fans in the stand on new years day
Ok,I agree with most of what has been said on this thread,but you my my friend get back to the pbs(and think about fash)

Harpandcastle
25-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Nothing wrong with taking the piss out of the Jambos, I quite enjoy that; however taking the piss out of the gays I certainly have an issue with when the person in question has done not a thing to merit it.

So how is it ok to take the piss from jambo's but not gays? You are letting your sexuality cloud your judgment here. What about gay jambos, is that ok or non pc?.

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 10:36 PM
So how is it ok to take the piss from jambo's but not gays? You are letting your sexuality cloud your judgment here. What about gay jambos, is that ok or non pc?.

By including Fashanu's name on the banner, you are supporting prejudice by saying that there is something "wrong" with being gay. And insulting all gay Hibs supporters.

hibeeleicester
25-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I think its time for the OP to come clean before this gets messy :thumbsup:

Sergey
25-12-2010, 10:41 PM
By including Fashanu's name on the banner, you are supporting prejudice by saying that there is something "wrong" with being gay. And insulting all gay Hibs supporters.

According to 'them'....we're all gay!

moggie
25-12-2010, 10:43 PM

And the hearts fans who sing there very immature " oh the hibees are........" will they expect to get a knock on their doors as well??

Littlest Hobo
25-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Please Admin delete this thread, it's getting really painful to read this now.

Let's get on with trying to make a song we can sing other than the usual pish.

Losing the will to live reading this crap.:rolleyes:

Harpandcastle
25-12-2010, 10:47 PM

I think you look into things too deeply my friend, I have no idea what % of our support is gay, or straight or black or white or married or single or rich or poor or muslim or jewish and honestly I dont care. Football in Scotland IMO is becoming a boring sterile event, and if every song, chant, banner or comment on message board is about to be disected for its suitability then we are F'kd. Sticks and stones and all that surely?

jackhfc
25-12-2010, 10:49 PM
As i'm not a gay, a sex offender or a yam i don't take any offence to this, but i could see why gays would....

Why not just get a banner saying ' Rudi Skacels mums a prostitute in Prague, a prostitute in Prague, a prostitute in Prague'

Will only offend the Yams, the twat and his mum?

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I think you look into things too deeply my friend, I have no idea what % of our support is gay, or straight or black or white or married or single or rich or poor or muslim or jewish and honestly I dont care. Football in Scotland IMO is becoming a boring sterile event, and if every song, chant, banner or comment on message board is about to be disected for its suitability then we are F'kd. Sticks and stones and all that surely?

So you think any Hibs supporters who are gay will be happy to see a banner like that? I think you should probably ask them first.

That's not deep. It's just respect.

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 10:53 PM
As i'm not a gay, a sex offender or a yam i don't take any offence to this, but i could see why gays would....

Why not just get a banner saying ' Rudi Skacels mums a prostitute in Prague, a prostitute in Prague, a prostitute in Prague'

Will only offend the Yams, the twat and his mum?

That's only if you think being a prostitute is bad. :stirrer:

jackhfc
25-12-2010, 10:53 PM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

Bring the flag

Harpandcastle
25-12-2010, 10:55 PM
So you think any Hibs supporters who are gay will be happy to see a banner like that? I think you should probably ask them first.

That's not deep. It's just respect.

Maybe they wont, but where do we stop? Do we stop singing about Gorgie incase we offend Hibs fans from there? My friend's husband is a hearts season ticket holder, do we stop giving hearts fans stick to avoid offending her?

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe they wont, but where do we stop? Do we stop singing about Gorgie incase we offend Hibs fans from there? My friend's husband is a hearts season ticket holder, do we stop giving hearts fans stick to avoid offending her?

But it's in the context of the banner. Don't you get that? It's suggesting that being gay is up there along with what the other did or are alleged to have done.

Like I said earlier, delete the Fashanu bit, and there may be a case

moggie
25-12-2010, 10:57 PM
im pretty miffed alan lithgow wasnt squeezed in somewhere as well :cool2:

jackhfc
25-12-2010, 11:05 PM
paul hartley is GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

GreenCastle
25-12-2010, 11:07 PM
hearts wont let you through the gate with it anyway

Hearts are very strict on flags.

They usually check to see if they contain any inappropriate language / messages.

If it's about Hibs it will be ok - anything else and it won't be around for long :agree:

I am thinking a Deek 100 goals banner / song would be better :thumbsup:

Harpandcastle
25-12-2010, 11:09 PM
But it's in the context of the banner. Don't you get that? It's suggesting that being gay is up there along with what the other did or are alleged to have done.

Like I said earlier, delete the Fashanu bit, and there may be a case

Perhaps the O.P included Fash because there had been claims of sexual assault made against him as opposed to him being gay, this would be more inkeeping with the theme of the banner.

Calvin
25-12-2010, 11:14 PM

It's okay to take the piss out of Jambos because there is something there to take the piss about (beLIEve etc., plus all the yam propaganda and ammo stashed away over the years) whereas taking the piss out of someone for being gay - well there's not something wrong with that. When I mock Jambos it's done in jest, with no personal aspect whatsoever, whereas the tone of this banner is not that in the slightest.

As for the gay Jambo, if you're mocking him for being a Jambo - crack on; if you're mocking him for being gay then you're a neanderthal.

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Perhaps the O.P included Fash because there had been claims of sexual assault made against him as opposed to him being gay, this would be more inkeeping with the theme of the banner.

Okay okay.... I'll let it go as long as the banner says "Fashanu, not because he's gay but because there were unproven claims of sexual assault against him, which he claimed in his suicide note were false".

Kofi Annan eat yer heart out....

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
25-12-2010, 11:16 PM

Correct. Not just claims but actual (US) police charges, after which he skipped the country.

Have those people who have insisted that his name should come off any banner because he was gay fallen into the same trap as people who insist that Assange is innocent of rape just because they approve of his leaking? :dunno:

Harpandcastle
25-12-2010, 11:20 PM
It's okay to take the piss out of Jambos because there is something there to take the piss about (beLIEve etc., plus all the yam propaganda and ammo stashed away over the years) whereas taking the piss out of someone for being gay - well there's not something wrong with that the tone is entirely dissimilar. When I mock Jambos it's done in jest, with no personal aspect whatsoever, whereas the tone of this banner is not that in the slightest.

As for the gay Jambo, if you're mocking him for being a Jambo - crack on; if you're mocking him for being gay then you're a neanderthal.

So how does this work then? what if the hearts fan is offended at me mocking him? does he have no right at all to object?

hibbysam
25-12-2010, 11:21 PM

They usually check to see if they contain any inappropriate language / messages.

If it's about Hibs it will be ok - anything else and it won't be around for long :agree:

Simple...

Derek Riordan 10

Hibernian Legend

100 and counting

Petrie Sign him up NOW!!!:flag:

.Sean.
25-12-2010, 11:21 PM

As HibeeMcGinn found out at the 'Rix Derby' - He was booted out for unfurling a banner reading 'BEAST'.

moggie
25-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Ive got a banner in the garage, it reads " keep off the grass" depending on how were playing i might take it along to the hibs dressing room at half time.:flag:

Ed De Gramo
25-12-2010, 11:37 PM

As HibeeMcGinn found out at the 'Rix Derby' - He was booted out for unfurling a banner reading 'BEAST'.

maybe he was upset at the film Beauty & The Beast....and was backing the Beast...:greengrin

Broken Gnome
26-12-2010, 12:09 AM
im pretty miffed alan lithgow wasnt squeezed in somewhere as well :cool2:So wait, Craig Thomson's showing underage girls pictures of Justin Fashanu? Craig Thomson's showing Justin Fashanu's ex-partners pictures of underage girls? Confusing.

proud_and_green
26-12-2010, 12:16 AM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

Please, please, please do not do this!

Firstly, as has already been said, the spelling is bad - 'ther' instead of 'there' and there should be no apostrophe in 'pics'.

Secondly, Fashanu was gay therefore i am not entirley sure he would have been interested in the same pictures that the other two would be!

Thirdly, it is is childish and seems a bit like clutching at straws.

Finaly, SUPPORT THE TEAM!!!!

AgentDaleCooper
26-12-2010, 02:44 AM
how about "sorry craig, no seats left in the school end"?

there was a similar one made in the times of rix, but it didn't get into the ground.

note to whoever brings the banner in - if you stuff it up your jumper, make sure you don't have a bit white tail trailing behind you as you walk past security:cool2:

AgentDaleCooper
26-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Please, please, please do not do this!

Firstly, as has already been said, the spelling is bad - 'ther' instead of 'there' and there should be no apostrophe in 'pics'.

Secondly, Fashanu was gay therefore i am not entirley sure he would have been interested in the same pictures that the other two would be!

Thirdly, it is is childish and seems a bit like clutching at straws.

Finaly, SUPPORT THE TEAM!!!!

...although the above post probably hits the nail on the head. the fashinu reference is particularly needless.

Skanko79
26-12-2010, 08:11 AM
next we will be handing out sheets asking people what its right to sing and shout at games. Cant actually believe the attitude of some folk on here. i really doubt if half the folk spouting the nonsence about caring for gay hibs fans have ever been to a derby in their lifes. get a grip ffs. ive heard some disgusting things shouted by BOTH sets of fans during a derby but its derby day, all part of the experience. dust yourself down and get on with it wether you putt from the rough or not.

take the flag. wind those horrible yam ***** up. then beat them 3-1!!

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes: I thought we were bigger than this, who knows the SFA might even decide to act if its deemed Homophobic! We all know how keen they are to act on this sort of thing and we are probaby a more manageable and convenient target than the huns with their many jolly chants.

If this gets any media coverage it just damages the reputation amongst neutral observers / potential Hibbys and maybe tars the majority with the same brush.

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2010, 11:06 AM
next we will be handing out sheets asking people what its right to sing and shout at games. Cant actually believe the attitude of some folk on here. i really doubt if half the folk spouting the nonsence about caring for gay hibs fans have ever been to a derby in their lifes. get a grip ffs. ive heard some disgusting things shouted by BOTH sets of fans during a derby but its derby day, all part of the experience. dust yourself down and get on with it wether you putt from the rough or not.

Run a poll :wink:

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2010, 11:14 AM
If you are are going to be offensive, you have to learn to spell, otherwise you are just advertising what a *rick you are. Some people will laugh at the message of the banner, others (like myself regarding the Fash content) will cringe.

But everyone with a reasonable IQ will think you are a complete clown if you don't the spelling correct.

grunt
26-12-2010, 11:19 AM
get

Skanko79
26-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Run a poll :wink:

im sure the many onlooking jambo's would find that usefull ammo for the next derby. you never know, they may even make a banner about it, how wrong would that be?

Skanko79
26-12-2010, 11:35 AM
If you are are going to be offensive, you have to learn to spell, otherwise you are just advertising what a *rick you are. Some people will laugh at the message of the banner, others (like myself regarding the Fash content) will cringe.

But everyone with a reasonable IQ will think you are a complete clown if you don't the spelling correct.

i know, murder when that happens. im pretty sure the people making the banner for the chap would help him out with the spelling.

mickki40
26-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I seriously thought Hibees were better than this... leave all the childish ***** to the Jambos. I don't like em like the next guy but this is cringeworthy. Hope I aint sat anywhere near it

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 11:48 AM
i know, murder when that happens. im pretty sure the people making the banner for the chap would help him out with the spelling.

Whats he spelt incorrectly?

iwasthere1972
26-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Are you making the banner? :wink:

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Are you making the banner? :wink:

I was referring to DBS' post that he quoted, not the flags message :wink:

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Apostrophe police. You're nicked, son.

down-the-slope
26-12-2010, 11:54 AM
U
****s are
Inbred
Orange mini
Sheisters

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2010, 11:56 AM
im sure the many onlooking jambo's would find that usefull ammo for the next derby. you never know, they may even make a banner about it, how wrong would that be?

You mean something like "the caring and right-on Hibbies don't even come to Derbies. Well, maybe half of them do." ?

Yup, that would hurt, big time. :greengrin

Skanko79
26-12-2010, 12:08 PM
You mean something like "the caring and right-on Hibbies don't even come to Derbies. Well, maybe half of them do." ?

Yup, that would hurt, big time. :greengrin

to be honest i guess the point im trying to make is there are to many people out there who are just out to comment on what happens of the pitch, and in all honesty there are a fair ammount of these people on this board. folk who will forget the 4-0 scoreline, cracking performance or wonder goal in order to bang on about someone waving a banner or singing a particular song. In my opinion the banner will add to the atmosphere, the majority of hearts fans will take it as harmless banter and get on with throwing more abuse our way, after all, its a derby match, and this is what people need to understand. what i think looks more stupid is the ammount of people who really take offence to this and think its a bad idea, let the guys get on with making the banner. people like that are the ones ruining our game, they want to go to the football, say nothing, sing nothing and sit on their ***** for the whole game and hum and haw when someone stands up.

Future17
26-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Pretty poor attempt at winding up the jambos - if you're going to make a banner, there are plenty, more humourous, things to slag them off for.

Anyway, you've spelt that wrong......surely you mean noncesense? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2010, 12:13 PM
to be honest i guess the point im trying to make is there are to many people out there who are just out to comment on what happens of the pitch, and in all honesty there are a fair ammount of these people on this board. folk who will forget the 4-0 scoreline, cracking performance or wonder goal in order to bang on about someone waving a banner or singing a particular song. In my opinion the banner will add to the atmosphere, the majority of hearts fans will take it as harmless banter and get on with throwing more abuse our way, after all, its a derby match, and this is what people need to understand. what i think looks more stupid is the ammount of people who really take offence to this and think its a bad idea, let the guys get on with making the banner. people like that are the ones ruining our game, they want to go to the football, say nothing, sing nothing and sit on their ***** for the whole game and hum and haw when someone stands up.

In the context of the 90 minutes, I would probably agree with/understand all of that. But that's the beauty of message boards. We can debate and agonise over all of the other aspects of football... be it gay rights, Nish's smoking or whatever club Deek got banned from.

And I have no real doubt that the Hearts site is probably a mirror of our own in that respect.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2010, 12:14 PM

:aok:

Don't think there was a spelling mistake. Just a word omitted.

Skanko79
26-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Pretty poor attempt at winding up the jambos - if you're going to make a banner, there are plenty, more humourous, things to slag them off for.

Anyway, you've spelt that wrong......surely you mean noncesense? :greengrin

what would you put on it like? "can everyone standing up please sit down, and no swearing please" would be my guess.

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2010, 12:21 PM
what would you put on it like? "can everyone standing up please sit down, and no swearing please" would be my guess.

Sorry, as a grammar pedant, I would have to lodge a protest against that.

:cool2:

Spoonjilloun
26-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Please please please don't bring this banner. I expect this kind of thing from Celtic, Rangers etc but do we really want to be making the kind of headlines that they do?

The chance to slag Thompson was in the last derby and the fact it didn't happen was our fault so leave it in the past and think of something better if you need a banner.

Personally, I just want to hear us make some noise.

nonshinyfinish
26-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Apostrophe police. You're nicked, son.

Repeat offender - might have to do time.

Hakim Sar
26-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Can we not just waive the Romanov tenners again? Or throw a bovril at antti niemi?

Nando™
26-12-2010, 12:53 PM
:faf: What a ***** excuse for a banner.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2010, 01:00 PM

The irony- yes, always missing words and letters from posts, so not taking any moral high ground about my own spelling/grammar, but a banner is different matter. You really have to get that right.

Probably why i've never made one in my life.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2010, 02:23 PM
How's about the OP doing a big jobby on this kingsize bedsheet and drawing Jumbo Jeffries face next to it.

Simples. :agree:

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 02:30 PM
How's about the OP doing a big jobby on this kingsize bedsheet and drawing Jumbo Jeffries face next to it.

Simples. :agree:

Ah, a still life :agree: now that seems much more artistic

Wilson
26-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Ah, a still life :agree: now that seems much more artistic

Don't you mean a stool-life? Loady s***e anyway :wink:

Bostonhibby
26-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Don't you mean a stool-life? Loady s***e anyway :wink:

:thumbsup: Ha ha, you must have as much time on your hands as i do just now ! Bloody snow - roll on 3pm

iwasthere1972
26-12-2010, 02:41 PM
:thumbsup: Ha ha, you must have as much time on your hands as i do just now ! Bloody snow - roll on 3pm

It's pretty diarrhea too. :wink:

RIP
26-12-2010, 03:37 PM

1st Ther Was Fashanu,
Then Graham Rix,

Nice try at a windup mate - I'm sure naebody would bite ..........would they? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Did anyone hear the Hibs fans singing Paul Hartley is gay today? Those folk should be strung up, i'm so offended, i actually feel sick with rage.:violin:

Frazerbob
26-12-2010, 05:48 PM
How about a huge banner saying "Sack The Board!" or "Calderwood Must Go!" :wink:

Jamesie
26-12-2010, 06:07 PM
The Justin Fashanu reference - No need. :bitchy:

25 years ago yesterday, a highly valued member of the Hibernian dynasty took his own life. Would Erich be fair game as well?

:top marks Completely agree with this and while I won't be at the Derby I really hope this banner gets confiscated by the Police before it can be unfurled.