PDA

View Full Version : I like it when Hibs do stuff like this

Gatecrasher
23-12-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101223/star-treatment-for-soldiers_2262950_2250776
:clapper:

a lot of stuff like this and this hibs kids stuff is superb imo

Riordans Boots
23-12-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101223/star-treatment-for-soldiers_2262950_2250776

Brilliant :top marks

MrSmith
23-12-2010, 06:20 PM
The lengths Rod will go to to get the snow cleared...

Rossco1875
23-12-2010, 06:21 PM
a hope petrie got them clearing the snow instead of paying someone to do it :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
23-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Well done Hibs :thumbsup: :clapper:

col02
23-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Very nice touch at this time of year!:thumbsup:

RickyS
24-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Very nice touch at this time of year!:thumbsup:
:top marks

roondheid
24-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Hibs next match: Hamilton away on 22nd. :doh:

BroxburnHibee
24-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Yep..........excellent stuff.

Forget all the politics.......we should honour these servicemen & women as often as possible.

Peevemor
24-12-2010, 07:55 AM

Forget all the politics.......we should honour these servicemen & women as often as possible.

:agree:

I wonder if they took Daryl Duffy back to their rehab centre. :hmmm:

Bristolhibby
24-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Hoggy is a proper hard nut. Out in that snow drift with shorts on, respect.

Duffy has his socks pulled up, so not as much respect.

J

Antifa Hibs
24-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Why?

There are much more deserving people to get that treatment than soldiers IMO, your Maudes and Mick McGhee's for starters, others who have followed Hibs through thick and thin for half a century etc.

Wave a gun in peoples face and you get VIP treatment and are deemed a hero. Not buying it.....

All IMO off course.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Why?

There are much more deserving people to get that treatment than soldiers IMO, your Maudes and Mick McGhee's for starters, others who have followed Hibs through thick and thin for half a century etc.

Wave a gun in peoples face and you get VIP treatment and are deemed a hero. Not buying it.....

All IMO off course.

Sorry, but that's an utterly spurious comparison.

Obsessively following the team you support as a hobby is one thing.

Putting your life at risk or losing limbs for your country in return for paltry wages is another entirely.

Titch
24-12-2010, 01:08 PM
:blah:
Why?

All IMO off course.

bit in bold show me 1 soldier that thinks he/she's a hero not a label we give ourselves

the rest of your post:blah:

hibeeleicester
24-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Please tell me this is bait.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2010, 01:35 PM

:agree:

FFS, all the OP was trying to do was give Hibs some credit, not get into a debate on the military. There's precious little in the way of postive news coming out of ER at the moment so, IMHO, the club are due a break. Great gesture :flag:

BroxburnHibee
24-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Ridiculous comment.

Only if you take it :wink:

I'll stick to my positive look at this Hibs related story.

hibee_nation
24-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Remind me again how we got rid of the real facists, was it not something to do with waving guns at nasty people. Spouting pash on noticeboards may not have as much influence as you think.

givescotlandfreedom
24-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Ill thought out and ignorant post :no way:

Since90+2
24-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Remind me again how we got rid of the real facists, was it not something to do with waving guns at nasty people. Spouting pash on noticeboards may not have as much influence as you think.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Putting your life at risk or losing limbs for your country in return for paltry wages is another entirely.

That is a life choice im afraid.

marinello59
26-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Was there any real need to throw that post in?

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2010, 09:58 AM

Its a life choice which the vast majority of us are not brave enough to make.

As I said I'm not making a judgement on the politics, thats a completely different argument.

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Oh dear - what a sad individual. :rolleyes: (I should probably be anoyed at myself for rising to the bait).

Anyway, away back to Parkhead and join the Poppy protest, you neanderthal you.

Hibbyradge
26-12-2010, 10:47 AM

Thankfully for our sakes, it's a choice that many thousands of young men and women in this country make.

Antifa Hibs
26-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Was there any real need to throw that post in?

Why not?

I don't like the british army, i don't like the conflicts they are involved in and have been involved in. I don't like the term 'heroes' for people that may have had a part in the murdering and torturing off people in this 'war', thus don't like them recieving star treatment. As a british solder said just before rememberence sunday, there's nothing heroic about having a leg blown off or seeing your comrade die.

Still, the media/government ploy has, 'heroes this heroes that' all the while the true horrors off war are swept under the carpet, people losing lifes on both sides, people becoming mentally unstable etc etc.

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Why not?

I don't like the british army, i don't like the conflicts they are involved in and have been involved in. I don't like the term 'heroes' for people that may have had a part in the murdering and torturing off people in this 'war', thus don't like them recieving star treatment. As a british solder said just before rememberence sunday, there's nothing heroic about having a leg blown off or seeing your comrade die.

Still, the media/government ploy has, 'heroes this heroes that' all the while the true horrors off war are swept under the carpet, people losing lifes on both sides, people becoming mentally unstable etc etc.

Congratulations for successfully hijacking an innocent thread which was merely intended to congratulate our club for doing some good. :clapper:

Hope you are happy.

Mikey
26-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Why?

All IMO off course.

Just think, if the Germans had won WWII you would have got to stand at the games and pay only 15 quid to get in.

:rolleyes:

MSK
26-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Just think, if the Germans had won WWII you would have got to stand at the games and pay only 15 quid to get in.

:rolleyes:And have a guzzle on the terraces...:party:

francobaresi
26-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Commendable actions from the club. Not a new thing though... In 1991 I was in the 1st Gulf when a package arrived from Easter Road, signed photos, calenders, letters of best wishes ect. from a family friend playing with Hibs then... Hope we can produce some good results for them?

GGTTH

Riordans Boots
26-12-2010, 12:50 PM
:blah:

bit in bold show me 1 soldier that thinks he/she's a hero not a label we give ourselves

the rest of your post:blah:

HibeeEmma
26-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Why?

All IMO off course.

I agree with you (to an extent) in that these soldiers have an opt-in choice as a career but what about the civilians who don't have that choice and are the victims in all of this.

Without turning this into a political or war debate, it is still good of Hibs to be doing such things.