PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh - still injured or training again?

BEEJ
23-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Wondered if anyone knew whether Sean had made a full recovery and was back in training?

According to a Scotland on Sunday article on 10 October his contract is up in January. I wondered whether he would have had much of a chance by now in training to show CC and DA what he could do?

500miles
24-12-2010, 09:55 AM
He's back training. The Hibs newsletter leads with the story that him, Zemmama and Duffy should be back from injury as of January, and that Booth and Byrne also return from thier loan spells at that time.

For me, Booth could go straight into left mid - with left back perhaps being too exposed an area for his first experience of SPL football. He played left mid most of the time when he was out on loan, I believe, and got himself a couple of decent goals.

fife hfc
24-12-2010, 10:44 AM
He's back training. The Hibs newsletter leads with the story that him, Zemmama and Duffy should be back from injury as of January, and that Booth and Byrne also return from thier loan spells at that time.

For me, Booth could go straight into left mid - with left back perhaps being too exposed an area for his first experience of SPL football. He played left mid most of the time when he was out on loan, I believe, and got himself a couple of decent goals.

Having read match reports on his time on loan it would appear he has been playing left midfield and at the moment we could do with a wide player so why not give him a chance.

.Sean.
24-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I think he will unfortunately find himself in the same boat as Lee Curry - Injured, not played very much recently and I don't think his deal will be renewed.

BEEJ
24-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the responses. :aok:

I guess the best that Welsh can hope for is a six month extension during which he is loaned out to an SFL club to see how he gets on.

I agree with the comment about Booth - gives us new options at left-mid. That's probably why Currie had to leave.