PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling optimistic, good times are just around the corner..

California-Hibs
22-12-2010, 09:45 PM
As it says on the tin, i'm feeling optimistic at the moment! Ive been feeling like the rest of you i'm sure have/are still feeling and that is brutal about Hibs. We have been totally dire for months on end now, and the football on show everyweek is pretty grim watching, although there is abit of a performance in them when they choose, see the Rangers/Motherwell game.

Ive spent some time tonight of the offical site and i watched four interviews, that of Riordan reaching 100 goals, Duffy & Zemmama on their returns, and Thicot's season so far. You can tell that Riordan, even though he's reached a milestone, is hurting at the moment with the way we're playing and the bad results we're getting everyweek. You can tell that he's determind to do all that he can to put the situation right!

Then after watching Zemmama's interview it kind of hit home - bloody hell, he's actually back and ready to PLAY! He like Riordan comes across in his interview like he's hurting because of the poor results, and you can clearly see he also is determinded to do all that he can to help us out and turn our fortunes around on the pitch.

Like Zemmama, Duffys interview had the same effect, he's actually BACK and ready to play! Not that i thought these two would never ever be ready and would forever be injuried, i just never really thought a few weeks ago that it was was this close to their return. Now i know we havent seen Duffy play, but i truely believe he will offer us a totally different option up front and will prove to be a KEY player for us in the remaining half of the season.

So to bring it all together, Zemmama and Duffy are back, its such a boost to have a proven quality player in Zemmama, who we all know is the creative spark we've been soo badly missing in the middle of the park, available again for selection. Then at last we have a new different striker to call upon! One who has decent pace i'm led to believe, likes to play off the defenders shoulders, and has a decent eye for goal.

AND, January is now finally almost here, a time where we can maybe get a few loan signings in, or even move for a few perminatly, and also move a few players out. I dont think there will be massive changes, we'll most likely have to wait until the summer for that, but there will be some changes.

There is positive signs ahead for us guys! Having Zemmama and Duffy, along with a few new players coming in the next few weeks, it'll be a different looking team, and hopefully a team that can improve our performances on the park! :thumbsup: C'mon, too much negativity has been on this board of late, it's time to look onwards and upwards! Victory on Sunday will be the start of it all!

C'MON THE HIBEES !! :flag:

Cabbage1875
22-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Desperately hope that you're right! Having wee Zemmama back is absolutely massive for us and Darryl Duffy will be something of an unknown quantity firstly for us but for the opposition too.

Calderwood has got a massive job on his hands as we all fine know but having Zemmama back at least gives us a bit of hope going into the next month which will ultimately shape our season!

PISTOL1875
22-12-2010, 10:12 PM
In a funny sort of way I am feeling that way as well.. The news of Zemmama and Duffy now coming back into contention is the boost we have been waiting for in more or less a pretty disappointing season up to now..

Duffy is pretty much a player who we have limited knowledge of so it will be interesting to see what he will bring to the table..

We all know about Zemmama and we have been crying out for a player who can unlock defences for a long time now.. Maybe if he hadn't got injured then the end of last season and so far up to now in this season wouldn't have been so bad...

Im hoping that CC has indentified where we need to strengthen and he hopefully sorts this out ASAP unlike Yogi who seen we were soft in midfield and poor down the right hand side but did nothing to combat it...

Another boost would be getting big Trakys fit.. I think we have a player who can play target man very well , but getting him and keeping him fit is the key to any progress we look to make between now and the end of the season...

Removed
22-12-2010, 10:26 PM
There is positive signs ahead for us guys! Having Zemmama and Duffy, along with a few new players coming in the next few weeks, it'll be a different looking team, and hopefully a team that can improve our performances on the park! :thumbsup: C'mon, too much negativity has been on this board of late, it's time to look onwards and upwards! Victory on Sunday will be the start of it all!

Well said young man :thumbsup:

Mon the optimism :cool2:

Toaods
22-12-2010, 10:30 PM
....you never said anything about Thicot...:greengrin

California-Hibs
22-12-2010, 10:41 PM
....you never said anything about Thicot...:greengrin

Haha, i realised this after i had posted it. I thought, should i edit it and give the big guy a mention, then thought, nah, hopefuly no one will notice that i havent talked about him and it'll be fine. Oh how wrong i was :wink: :greengrin

Toaods
22-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Haha, i realised this after i had posted it. I thought, should i edit it and give the big guy a mention, then thought, nah, hopefuly no one will notice that i havent talked about him and it'll be fine. Oh how wrong i was :wink: :greengrin

:na na:

hibsbollah
22-12-2010, 10:44 PM
so what did Thicot say?:cool2:

Toaods
22-12-2010, 10:45 PM
so what did Thicot say?:cool2:

'cheerio'...:faf:

aussie_hibee
22-12-2010, 11:28 PM
A few ifs here but if we get everyone back fit and even if we don't bring any new faces in and if we hold on to deeks and bamba in January, we could see a strong starting 11.
Brown
Hart dickoh hanlon grounds
Zemmama miller bamba riordan
Trakys Duffy.
Great skillful team but only bamba with some grit in the middle. Not sure I'd swap any of the other 3 in the middle for more strength and workrate. Maybe only Murray for miller if he wasn't doing the business.

greenlex
23-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I think good times are also just around the corner. The corner however is two full seasons long.

matty_f
23-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Despite bouts of frustration whenever we have a match (:greengrin), I've been upbeat about how we're going to do since Calderwood came in.

I genuinely think it's a case of when we start improving, not if we start improving.

francobaresi
23-12-2010, 01:45 AM
reckon you've been in the Mid all night... only way I feel optimistic is through the devil's juice....:wink:

francobaresi
23-12-2010, 01:47 AM
how do i get rid of these annoying ads on my posts? I have not agreed to promote anybody...

Judas Iscariot
23-12-2010, 06:21 AM
how do i get rid of these annoying ads on my posts? I have not agreed to promote anybody...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ngCgekXC7teUbM::www.orthocuban.com/2009/02/why-do-you-make-it-so-hard-to-become-orthodox-part-03/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeLXYviwPJ_zLYrzMbZmF45yDRKkA

Hibs.net owns you, ya see!?

marinello59
23-12-2010, 06:33 AM

You could pay our server costs every month and then we won't need to have them.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Great OP! Things can only get better :greengrin

Cannae wait to see Zemmama back, and we need Duffy for more striking options (hopefully he's got a turn of pace also).

'MON THE HIBEES :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2010, 07:34 AM
As it says on the tin, i'm feeling optimistic at the moment! Ive been feeling like the rest of you i'm sure have/are still feeling and that is brutal about Hibs. We have been totally dire for months on end now, and the football on show everyweek is pretty grim watching, although there is abit of a performance in them when they choose, see the Rangers/Motherwell game.

Ive spent some time tonight of the offical site and i watched four interviews, that of Riordan reaching 100 goals, Duffy & Zemmama on their returns, and Thicot's season so far. You can tell that Riordan, even though he's reached a milestone, is hurting at the moment with the way we're playing and the bad results we're getting everyweek. You can tell that he's determind to do all that he can to put the situation right!

Then after watching Zemmama's interview it kind of hit home - bloody hell, he's actually back and ready to PLAY! He like Riordan comes across in his interview like he's hurting because of the poor results, and you can clearly see he also is determinded to do all that he can to help us out and turn our fortunes around on the pitch.

Like Zemmama, Duffys interview had the same effect, he's actually BACK and ready to play! Not that i thought these two would never ever be ready and would forever be injuried, i just never really thought a few weeks ago that it was was this close to their return. Now i know we havent seen Duffy play, but i truely believe he will offer us a totally different option up front and will prove to be a KEY player for us in the remaining half of the season.

So to bring it all together, Zemmama and Duffy are back, its such a boost to have a proven quality player in Zemmama, who we all know is the creative spark we've been soo badly missing in the middle of the park, available again for selection. Then at last we have a new different striker to call upon! One who has decent pace i'm led to believe, likes to play off the defenders shoulders, and has a decent eye for goal.

AND, January is now finally almost here, a time where we can maybe get a few loan signings in, or even move for a few perminatly, and also move a few players out. I dont think there will be massive changes, we'll most likely have to wait until the summer for that, but there will be some changes.

:flag::flag:

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!

Septimus
23-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Starting, hopefully, in the match against Hearts.

Maybe, in this season of goodwill to all men, the Hibs supporters who post derogatory comments about everything from Petrie to the cat that keeps the mice at bay under the stands could lay off for a week or two. We are going through a difficult time at the moment and that should stimulate support rather than derision.

Happy Chrismas to you all.

RickyS
23-12-2010, 07:56 AM
In a funny sort of way I am feeling that way as well.. The news of Zemmama and Duffy now coming back into contention is the boost we have been waiting for in more or less a pretty disappointing season up to now..

Duffy is pretty much a player who we have limited knowledge of so it will be interesting to see what he will bring to the table..

We all know about Zemmama and we have been crying out for a player who can unlock defences for a long time now.. Maybe if he hadn't got injured then the end of last season and so far up to now in this season wouldn't have been so bad...

Im hoping that CC has indentified where we need to strengthen and he hopefully sorts this out ASAP unlike Yogi who seen we were soft in midfield and poor down the right hand side but did nothing to combat it...

Another boost would be getting big Trakys fit.. I think we have a player who can play target man very well , but getting him and keeping him fit is the key to any progress we look to make between now and the end of the season...

I like what I have seen of him so far, but does his contract not run out next month, or is he signed till the end of the season?

down-the-slope
23-12-2010, 08:06 AM
:flag:

Don't suppose us the fans could try and play a part by supporting the team regardless these next 3 matches in 6 days :tin hat:.....picture could look a whole lot different if we haul some points in from that lot

BEEJ
23-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Regarding the OP, yes we must have some positive expectations of an upturn soon, at the end of what has been a truly dismal year (note to self - must change my avatar).

Maybe, in this season of goodwill to all men, the Hibs supporters who post derogatory comments about everything from Petrie to the cat that keeps the mice at bay under the stands could lay off for a week or two. We are going through a difficult time at the moment and that should stimulate support rather than derision.
We have a club cat? I'll bet he /she's called Lynx. :greengrin

I like what I have seen of him so far, but does his contract not run out next month, or is he signed till the end of the season?
Trakys is with us until June 2011.

H18sry
23-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Starting, hopefully, in the match against Hearts.

Happy Chrismas to you all.

What's wrong with starting on Sunday against Abersheep :confused:

heretoday
23-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Bah Humbug! :xwave

RickyS
23-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Regarding the OP, yes we must have some positive expectations of an upturn soon, at the end of what has been a truly dismal year (note to self - must change my avatar).

We have a club cat? I'll bet he /she's called Lynx. :greengrin

Trakys is with us until June 2011.

good news, thanks for that

NAE NOOKIE
23-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Great OP and so good to read such a positive post after all the ( often justified ) negative stuff on here recently, including from me which entitles me to a good caning from my buddies in the happy clappers club. :slipper:

It is great to see Zouma up for a return and as stated Duffy will at least be an unknown quantity.

I would still love to see Bamba shoved into midfield and perhaps Stevens given a chance at CH in his place. Why do we rave on about great young signings and then never seem to trust them enough to give them a decent run.

I was also interested to find out that Hibs have a club cat, seeing as we already have a few pussies at the club I am surprised that we needed to bring in another one. :greengrin

Peeetttrrrriiiii :grr:

Littlest Hobo
23-12-2010, 09:52 AM
a few ifs here but if we get everyone back fit and even if we don't bring any new faces in and if we hold on to deeks and bamba in january, we could see a strong starting 11.
Brown
hart dickoh hanlon grounds
zemmama miller bamba riordan
trakys duffy.
Great skillful team but only bamba with some grit in the middle. Not sure i'd swap any of the other 3 in the middle for more strength and workrate. Maybe only murray for miller if he wasn't doing the business.
BROWN
hart dickoh hanlon murray

bamba

zemmama miller degraff riorden

trakys

GreenCastle
23-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Let's become more positive and that means at ER getting behind the team and no booing or instant moaning :agree:

Some big games coming up and the players need all the help they can get :flag::flag:

Big Frank
23-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Good OP!

Mon the cabbage!

If I was allowed to swear I'd post **** the hertz

:greengrin

ahibby
23-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I have always felt that with Zemama and Duffy we would pick up. Just so happens that it will be like having a couple of January signings. A goalscorer and a talented midfield player would boost any side, so why not Hibs?

matty_f
23-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Good OP!

Mon the cabbage!

If I was allowed to swear I'd post **** the hertz

:greengrin

:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
23-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Rumour on the Bounce that CC is bringing Christian Daily in:dunno:

Dunbar Hibee
23-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Oh christ

Hainan Hibs
23-12-2010, 01:38 PM

I was trying to surpress my optimism but with that relevation **** it, lets get the bubbly out and go mental:thumbsup:

On a more serious note I'd write this season off. I'd like to see the return of Zouma and see Duffy, and give CC time to re-organise the shower of ***** he has as a team. Hopefully one or two new faces in January too, along with a New Years win in Gorgie, and with everything in place for next season we roll on for a Cup win in 2012 :greengrin:

MSK
23-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Rumour on the Bounce that CC is bringing Christian Daily in:dunno:Backroom staff ..Tam MCcourt's job ..in the kitchens ..boot boy ..?

Hibs90
23-12-2010, 04:27 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Hibercelona
23-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Nothing wrong with a thread full of optimism! :thumbsup:

I just hope the team is feeling as optimistic, because they are going to need it! :agree:

147lothian
24-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Aye a know what you mean, im forever the optimist and I think Zammama and Duffy:flag: will make a big difference

Tricla
24-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Great OP and for once a real positive thread.

Onwards and upwards!

GGTTH!

matty_f
24-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Great OP and for once a real positive thread.

Onwards and upwards!

GGTTH!

:thumbsup: Mon the Hibs!

Keith_M
24-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Bah Humbug!

Or, as they say in Glasgow...

Hum Bawbag!

:na na:

paul_hfc3
24-12-2010, 04:29 PM

:worried:

Hamish
24-12-2010, 04:55 PM
''Oh christ

some letters missing from your post

....ian christian...you used to be an Arab, you're a Hibee now''

Hamish
24-12-2010, 04:57 PM

Would make sense to me if true:tin hat:

CapitalHibs
25-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Would make sense to me if true:tin hat:

Tend to agree, if only to the end of season. Would give a bit of leadership at the back and would kick a few erses and get the team motivated.

If 56 yearold Davie Weir:wink: can still cut it in the SPL, then I don't think Dailly would have any problem with the likes of Stephens or Hanlon playing beside him.