PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller wins his appeal

s.a.m
22-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Didn't expect that! Must be a season of goodwill thing.

(I've borrowed this from the bounce - hope no-one mind)

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Miller-free-to-face-Hearts.6668769.jp

Sprouleflyer
22-12-2010, 11:59 AM

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Miller-free-to-face-Hearts.6668769.jp

Good news :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
22-12-2010, 12:03 PM
That's twice in less than a year that he has been sent off and the ref has admitted he got it wrong within a week.

If Miller was still a Celtc player...

Sir David Gray
22-12-2010, 12:06 PM
That's twice in less than a year that he has been sent off and the ref has admitted he got it wrong within a week.

If Miller was still a Celtc player...

:singing: It's a conspiracy...:greengrin

grunt
22-12-2010, 12:14 PM
It's a shame they can't give us back the last 10 minutes of the game when we were wrongly and unfairly reduced to 10 men. There were three officials involved - how did they all manage to get it wrong???

Bayern Bru
22-12-2010, 12:22 PM
So he's available to be totally anonymous at the big pink bus shelter?
Excellent news!
:devil:

Joking aside though, nice to see justice done.

Ell_Chrisso
22-12-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a shame they can't give us back the last 10 minutes of the game when we were wrongly and unfairly reduced to 10 men. There were three officials involved - how did they all manage to get it wrong???

And they wonder why they get soooo much stick?? :top marks

Billy Whizz
22-12-2010, 12:31 PM
He must be getting near a ban for all his bookings!

PaulSmith
22-12-2010, 12:45 PM
If only you'd listened to me earlier you would've know that Miller was sent off for VC, Hibs would appeal and that Thomson would rescind it after reviewing...where was the panic?! :greengrin

Beefster
22-12-2010, 01:06 PM
And they wonder why they get soooo much stick?? :top marks

Mistakes happen. At least they've admitted that they made a mistake rather than uphold the decision, which they could have easily done.

hibsbollah
22-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Mistakes happen. At least they've admitted that they made a mistake rather than uphold the decision, which they could have easily done.

:agree: credits due to them in this instance.

grunt
22-12-2010, 01:15 PM
At least they've admitted that they made a mistake rather than uphold the decision, which they could have easily done.

So we're to thank them for only making one mistake instead of two?

Speedway
22-12-2010, 01:16 PM
The ref didn't mind admitting he was wrong since he'd already banked his winnings from the 'first red card' bet he'd placed in the syndicate.

Riordans Boots
22-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear this - Would have saved a lot of time and heartache to have got the decision right in the first place - Like ..... it was never a sending off decision :grr:

aberhibsfc
22-12-2010, 01:59 PM

Was it not the 4th Official that got him hooked?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I can't give them any credit at all.

Rescinding that red card was the only sensible outcome that they could possibly have arrived at. Not even the SFA would have thrown out that appeal.

It was an absolute nonsense that the red card was issued in the first place.

These 'mistakes' seem to be happening all too often. That's twice in less than a year that Liam Miller has been wrongly sent off and had a successful appeal against a red card.

I don't think it will matter too much whether Miller plays in the derby or not but he should be available for selection (unless he gets sent off against Dundee Utd, of course).

aberhibsfc
Common sense prevails ... It would be interesting to here the ref's explanation :agree:

Maybe he had money on it.

MB62
Common sense prevails ... It would be interesting to here the ref's explanation :agree:

Maybe the ref should post his explanation on hear :wink: :greengrin

Riordans Boots
22-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Was it not the 4th Official that got him hooked?

:agree:

And he needs to go to specsavers :cool2:

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2010, 02:02 PM
reduced to a yellow? :confused: was he not already on a yellow, so that was a second yellow? :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
22-12-2010, 02:05 PM
reduced to a yellow? :confused: was he not already on a yellow, so that was a second yellow? :confused:

No. The only Hibs players who were booked were Grounds and Murray.

J-C
22-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Does anyone else think the refs are at the wind up since their wee dispute a few weeks ago, looks like they're going out their way to make these decisions just to pee everyone off.

Beefster
22-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Who said that? I wouldn't thank them or crucify them. **** happens.

You make mistakes too, right?

PaulSmith
22-12-2010, 02:59 PM

And he needs to go to specsavers :cool2:

Nope, only when Thomson was shouting down his earpiece that he couldn't remember who comitted the foul did the 4th official help identify that it was Miller...probably should;ve though at that point said "your sending him off for a trip?!" and told him to behave

grunt
22-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Who said that?

Hibsbollah, see below

---------------

You make mistakes too, right?Oh indeed I do. Lots of them. But we're not talking about me; we're talking about a sending off which three officials were all involved in, which no one watching understood at the time, which everyone in the press and on TV seems to agree was never a red, and which now seems to have been dismissed on appeal, and which might have cost us a point. That's some mistake.

skipster7
22-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Nope, only when Thomson was shouting down his earpiece that he couldn't remember who comitted the foul did the 4th official help identify that it was Miller...probably should;ve though at that point said "your sending him off for a trip?!" and told him to behave
i may be in a minority of one but i thought he kicked rather than tripped him off the ball and could see why it was deemed a red.it doesn't matter that there wasnt the strongest contact imo.shows how much i know:rolleyes:

gringojoe
22-12-2010, 03:15 PM
No turkey and all the trimmings for Liam now he is free to play on boxing day, he must be gutted.

givescotlandfreedom
22-12-2010, 03:21 PM
it was a mistake - a pretty awful one - made by a fourth official obviously putting his ore in when the others were in a better view. At least a mistake has been admitted but it must have been easier for the ref to agree with Hibs when he can blame it ot on the fourth official.

PaulSmith
22-12-2010, 03:39 PM
it was a mistake - a pretty awful one - made by a fourth official obviously putting his ore in when the others were in a better view. At least a mistake has been admitted but it must have been easier for the ref to agree with Hibs when he can blame it ot on the fourth official.

Stop blaming the 4th official and read the posts!!!

grunt
22-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Stop blaming the 4th official and read the posts!!!Were you the fourth official? :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2010, 03:56 PM
No turkey and all the trimmings for Liam now he is free to play on boxing day, he must be gutted.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards.

Hibercelona
22-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Good to see all the comments from the Jambo muppets full of over confidence.

Lets give them a right good drubbing.

I dont care how we go about our Business, as long as we come out on top! :agree:

hibiedude
22-12-2010, 04:41 PM

Does the ref face sanctions when he gets it wrong because he should perhaps he might get it right next

CapitalHibs
22-12-2010, 04:47 PM
i may be in a minority of one but i thought he kicked rather than tripped him off the ball and could see why it was deemed a red.it doesn't matter that there wasnt the strongest contact imo.shows how much i know:rolleyes:

I remember two or three World Cups ago, that the refs were instructed by FIFA to clamp down on tackling from behind which basically what Miller's tackle was. Remember at the time the refs seemed to overreact and consequently there was an abundance of dismissals for similiar offenses as Miller's.

PaulSmith
22-12-2010, 05:36 PM

I remember two or three World Cups ago, that the refs were instructed by FIFA to clamp down on tackling from behind which basically what Miller's tackle was. Remember at the time the refs seemed to overreact and consequently there was an abundance of dismissals for similiar offenses as Miller's.

Nah, they were slide tackles from behind where defenders were coming right through the attackers ankles and then playing the ball. Serious foul play offence and not VC.

No comparison at all for a trip where there was simply no intent or actual VC

gringojoe
22-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Don't judge everyone by your own standards.

Do you know my standards? Don't judge me then, removed.:bye:

BEEJ
22-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'd like to hear his version of events.

But we're not talking about me; we're talking about a sending off which three officials were all involved in, which no one watching understood at the time, which everyone in the press and on TV seems to agree was never a red, and which now seems to have been dismissed on appeal, and which might have cost us a point. That's some mistake.
Yes, as you say, we don't get that time back and we have lost that opportunity to gain a point.

And Thomson has since apparently been awarded with the next Old Firm fixture to referee. (Such is the justice of the SFA. :greengrin)

I'd like to see him make another decision like that during that match.

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Do you know my standards? Don't judge me then,.:bye:

I thought I did and it looks like you've proved them right.

Interesting that you know Miller's standards.

matty_f
22-12-2010, 06:50 PM
This is good news. Have to say I'm really surprised that a) the hearing was heard so quickly, and b) that we got a favourable outcome from it.

skipster7
22-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Nah, they were slide tackles from behind where defenders were coming right through the attackers ankles and then playing the ball. Serious foul play offence and not VC.

No comparison at all for a trip where there was simply no intent or actual VC
couldn't disagree more.i thought it was an intended kick as the guy was away from him.opinions :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Whereas it is good news that Miller is back for the Hearts game I have to say that I didn't expect it because I had thought that he was hooked for back-chat. That any official could look at that and interperet it as violent conduct escapes me. Nothing to do with integrity. Just not good enough for the professional game.

Caversham Green
23-12-2010, 09:04 AM

An equipment identification course wouldn't go amiss then. :greengrin

WindyMiller
23-12-2010, 09:36 AM
An equipment identification course wouldn't go amiss then. :greengrin

:tee hee:

lucky
23-12-2010, 11:25 AM
With the officials miked up surely they should be recorded and a copy given to the clubs. Or even better given to the media