PDA

View Full Version : Deluded : Part XII

3pm
22-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Rankin in the papers this morning saying if they get on a run, they are quite confident they can achieve a top six finish.

When are these jokers going to wake up and smell the coffee?

PaulSmith
22-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Rankin in the papers this morning saying if they get on a run, they are quite confident they can achieve a top six finish.

Rankin especially seems to be living in cloud cuckoo land, I understand that they need to talk up games and the club but a bit of realism and some sound bytes apologising for the season so far wouldn't go amiss.

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2010, 07:13 AM

Right, I cannot stick JR at all but what the **** do you want him to say?

"Aye, we're pretty *****, especially me and big Nishy, maest likeley we'll be in a relegation dog fight! Get yersels ready!"

:dunno:

Hibee87
22-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Right, I cannot stick JR at all but what the **** do you want him to say?

"Aye, we're pretty *****, especially me and big Nishy, maest likeley we'll be in a relegation dog fight! Get yersels ready!"

:dunno:

Exactly! If a journo asks any hibs players do yo uthink yo ucan make the top 6 still I would be raging if any plaers said naw were *****!

Thecat23
22-12-2010, 07:30 AM
I agree with him.. the teams around us are single fish so a run of three or four wins would take us up the table. Just hope it happens.

Skanko79
22-12-2010, 07:35 AM
I agree with him.. the teams around us are single fish so a run of three or four wins would take us up the table. Just hope it happens.

we are totally gash tae, thats the problem.

matty_f
22-12-2010, 07:44 AM

:agree:

I wish we had the optimism of the players. The league is fairly tight, it's not hard to climb the table with a few results, and despite what many on here would have us believe, we are capable of beating teams around us.

Skanko79
22-12-2010, 07:47 AM

I wish we had the optimism of the players. The league is fairly tight, it's not hard to climb the table with a few results, and despite what many on here would have us believe, we are capable of beating teams around us.

Recent results against the teams around us have proved that NOT to be the case though.

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2010, 08:29 AM
There is something about John Rankin that sends me into a complete depression.

In the past our pish players had some character and personality about them. Amadou Konte Hurtardo, Tosh, Power, all names that were pure Colin Nish yet gained a legendary status.

John Rankin, he just sums up the current state of Hibs. Bottom 6, boring, no character, nothing that excites, just pish.

Even his goal against Rangers depressed me. The first 3-0 at Hunbrox witness the birth of Sproule, ripping apart the Huns senseless before being thrown in the air like a demi-god by his team mates, the 2nd 3-0 we saw O'Connor, Sproule and Killen celebrate in front of a legion of Hibs fans, what did we get the last time? Some chubby bald dwarf who looked over the moon at finding the other 6 of his mates.

Everytime that "can we play you every week?" banner pops up at the top of the screen, after seeing Sauzee or some other legend, I feel like breaking down and having a good greet.

I've always tried to support anyone who plays in green, but with the amount of tosh that Rankin spouts, the horrendous performances, and the depression he send me into, I just wish he would shut his gob and leave asap:boo hoo:

MSK
22-12-2010, 08:36 AM

In the past our pish players had some character and personality about them. Amadou Konte Hurtardo, Tosh, Power, all names that were pure Colin Nish yet gained a legendary status.

John Rankin, he just sums up the current state of Hibs. Bottom 6, boring, no character, nothing that excites, just pish.

Even his goal against Rangers depressed me. The first 3-0 at Hunbrox witness the birth of Sproule, ripping apart the Huns senseless before being thrown in the air like a demi-god by his team mates, the 2nd 3-0 we saw O'Connor, Sproule and Killen celebrate in front of a legion of Hibs fans, what did we get the last time? Some chubby bald dwarf who looked over the moon at finding the other 6 of his mates.
Everytime that "can we play you every week?" banner pops up at the top of the screen, after seeing Sauzee or some other legend, I feel like breaking down and having a good greet.

I've always tried to support anyone who plays in green, but with the amount of tosh that Rankin spouts, the horrendous performances, and the depression he send me into, I just wish he would shut his gob and leave asap:boo hoo:Aw get over yersel man !!! any win over Rangers is a good win, Rankin's goal was up there wi the best ..how you can be depressed at that i dont know ..oh & chubby ..?...have you actually seen Rankin ?..hardly what i would call chubby ..:confused:

flash
22-12-2010, 08:54 AM

I've always tried to support anyone who plays in green, but with the amount of tosh that Rankin spouts, the horrendous performances, and the depression he send me into, I just wish he would shut his gob and leave asap:boo hoo:

Post of the week so far. Utter pish from start to finish.

allezsauzee
22-12-2010, 09:01 AM
I agree with JR. We should be aiming to finish top 6 and are well capable of doing so.

J-C
22-12-2010, 09:03 AM
I can't see the problem with JR having a bit of optimism, at least he sees the bigger picture, compared to other teams there's not much between us all and a wee run can shoot us up the league.

Craig_in_Prague
22-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I can't see the problem with JR having a bit of optimism, at least he sees the bigger picture, compared to other teams there's not much between us all and a wee run can shoot us up the league.

and at the same time if they don't get their fingers out their hole, and stop being spineless gutless shower of crap 90% of the time, we could easily go bottom and go down.

Sure, it's nice to look up the way but we can't forget we're just as capable of going the other way.

we've goals from 1 player in the team.
no pace, width and always leak soft goals.

Still, nice to know we're striving for the mighty top 6.

Owain_1987
22-12-2010, 10:06 AM
What is wrong with you lot yes we are bad, but like good things all bad things come to an end also. John Rankin is just trying to show some encouragement and not just let this team play the season out poor game after poor game. After all yes we are losing to teams we should be beating easy but there are signs that things are getting better and the transfer window is around the corner let's see what happens up till May, I would take 7th place and more changes in the summer.

Also on a final note how can you not like a 3 nil win at ibrox, just seems a very silly thing to say just because you don't like John Rankin.

Antifa Hibs
22-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I'd rather the players said hee-haw.

Some seem they can' t come to terms with us being utter utter ******. Wasn't to long ago I was reading on here someone stating we had one of the best teams in the league :faf:

Seasons a write-off. 11th place would do me. CC will get judged on next season, who he empties, who he brings in.

Then again, he may get a few quid in Janurary..? If the board think after 18 months of pure pish fitba, 10,000 will still turn up next season and pay their over inflated prices for a ST, they're mair deluded than Rankin. :greengrin

matty_f
22-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Recent results against the teams around us have proved that NOT to be the case though.

So we're as well not turning up then?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that we won't finish in the top six this season.

We have our lowest ever points total after 16 matches (since the SPL went to 12 teams) and we are the closest that we have ever been to the bottom of the league on Christmas Day (again, since the SPL went to 12 teams).

We are currently eight points away from the top six, with a very tough run of games coming up over the next month or so.

We have been in self destruct mode for about 10 months now and there is very little sign of it improving any time soon.

The sooner the players realise that they are in a relegation fight, the better. Just forget about the top six for this season, concentrate on staying up and then take it from there next season.

Hopefully Zemmama and Duffy will be available for selection very soon and hopefully they will make the difference.

Skanko79
22-12-2010, 11:12 AM
So we're as well not turning up then?

Well you are saying we should show the same optimism as the players, if the players showed at least an ounce of optimism, character and fight they wouldnt be in this situation. You also say we are capable of beating teams around us which is a load of cobblers as the teams around us have simply outfought us and bullied us all over the park. Out of my 20 odd years watching Hibs this is simply the worst team i have seen, i have never seen a team lack so much fight and spirit in my life. If you think this Hibs team is capable of finishing top 6 then fair play to you. And dont go all patriotic on me, of course i'll keep supporting them. :agree:

IWasThere2016
22-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure anyone can say we'll not finish top 6 as there's a windae and RP could loosed the purse strings. Post windae if we're still short of a striker, some pace/flare then that's a different thing.

Part/Time Supporter
22-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure anyone can say we'll not finish top 6 as there's a windae and RP could loosed the purse strings. Post windae if we're still short of a striker, some pace/flare then that's a different thing.

Hertz and Motherwell were both struggling in the bottom six at this time last year.

Dinkydoo
22-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Can't see anything wrong with what he's said. He's only commented on the level of confidence he and the rest of the team have of achieving a top six finish, IF we get on a good run.

It's entirely possible (we're not that far a drift yet); it's just not that probable :wink:

Keith_M
22-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Can't see anything wrong with what he's said. He's only commented on the level of confidence he and the rest of the team have of achieving a top six finish, IF we get on a good run.

It's entirely possible (we're not that far a drift yet); it's just not that probable :wink:

That's very true.... and IF I manage to pick the right numbers, I'm confident I'll win the lottery this week.

:greengrin

Speedway
22-12-2010, 12:32 PM
This is just another footballer's 'if...then' interview. File it with any manager's 'Obviously...Hopefully' offerings and you'll see it's not worth the paper or pixels its printed on.

Rankin is actually a very good player by John Rankin standards. He's never had a more consistent run in the side in a bigger team than he has now.

The fact is, IF we can get a run together...then we can push for top six.

Equally, IF we keep playing as pash as we are doing...THEN we'll be down the bottom of the table.

We've only proven one of those rules as being something we're capable of so far.

RickyS
22-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Well you are saying we should show the same optimism as the players, if the players showed at least an ounce of optimism, character and fight they wouldnt be in this situation. You also say we are capable of beating teams around us which is a load of cobblers as the teams around us have simply outfought us and bullied us all over the park. Out of my 20 odd years watching Hibs this is simply the worst team i have seen, i have never seen a team lack so much fight and spirit in my life. If you think this Hibs team is capable of finishing top 6 then fair play to you. And dont go all patriotic on me, of course i'll keep supporting them. :agree:

my thoughts exactly mate, well said

the problem with the interviews is saying and doing, in the paper we read that confidence is high, we know we have not played well and this weekend is the perfect opportunity to get on a run. then come saturday we get another spineless, toothless, shambles. personally I have stopped reading the drivel

Twa Cairpets
22-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Seriously, what is the ****ing point of this post?

Hibs player states what appears to be an entirely sensible thing - note the words "if" and "can" - and you come on and spout the most ludicrous, bollox-ridden response. What possible purpose is there in your last sentence. If you dont want to support Hibs, don't. That sentence reeks of a Hearts wind-up - not suggesting you are a Yam by the way - but you want to have serious look at yourself.

It doesnt matter a gnats testicle if they are gash or not, they are the team we have at the minute and if in their interviews they were anything less than positive, then that would be the time to worry. This isnt anbout being a happy clapper or any other fatuous category of fan, just a rant at a mind-bogglingly crap post.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2010, 02:55 PM

The stats from previous seasons would suggest otherwise.

No side that has been in the bottom six at this stage in the season, has gone on to finish in the top six, having been as many points from the top six as we currently are.

Hibercelona
22-12-2010, 03:06 PM
At the end of the day, JR is never going to be a fans favourite.

He is however far from the worst we have at the club.

He may be gash. But you can't fault him for effort.

We have players at the club that are gash and don't give a flying **** either.

I'd choose Rankin over half of the other p!sh we've got.

Bookkeeper
22-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Hibs player states what appears to be an entirely sensible thing - note the words "if" and "can" - and you come on and spout the most ludicrous, bollox-ridden response. What possible purpose is there in your last sentence. If you dont want to support Hibs, don't. That sentence reeks of a Hearts wind-up - not suggesting you are a Yam by the way - but you want to have serious look at yourself.

It doesnt matter a gnats testicle if they are gash or not, they are the team we have at the minute and if in their interviews they were anything less than positive, then that would be the time to worry. This isnt anbout being a happy clapper or any other fatuous category of fan, just a rant at a mind-bogglingly crap post.

:top marks:agree:

down-the-slope
22-12-2010, 03:51 PM

Only the week...I reckon the months award is a cert

jane_says
22-12-2010, 04:06 PM

:top marks

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Only the week...I reckon the months award is a cert

Good stuff, personally I'll try to obtain the year award, and like Rankin and the boys I'll give it a right good go:agree:

3pm
22-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Wise words. A serious look at myself? Really?

I suggest you look at the cold, hard facts. We are in a relegation battle as things stand. Top 6? I am not after soundbytes, I want an acknowledgement they realise how serious is this. I remember 1998 and the same garbage that was being spouted. We ended up relegated.

Could I have been more constructive this morning? Yep. Could you with your response? Yep.

Removed
22-12-2010, 05:47 PM
The stats from previous seasons would suggest otherwise.

No side that has been in the bottom six at this stage in the season, has gone on to finish in the top six, having been as many points from the top six as we currently are.

Ach well, that settles it then. Anyone want a season ticket?

matty_f
22-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Would you say we are capable of beating Rangers? How about Motherwell?

I never said that I thought we'd finish top 6, what I said was
The league is fairly tight, it's not hard to climb the table with a few results, and despite what many on here would have us believe, we are capable of beating teams around us.

On current form, we're not going to finish top 6. You'd have to be an idiot to think that unless something changes we would be there.

However, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could win a couple of games back to back, which could potentially start us on a wee run that would take us closer to the top 6, then as TQM said, if we can improve the squad in January we have a chance of doing it.

Bishop Hibee
22-12-2010, 08:41 PM
At this stage I'll settle for 8th with no relegation battle at the end of the season. I'll expect the SC in the bag though.

AndersonGGTTH
22-12-2010, 08:45 PM
:agree::flag:

I Agree agree with him

Twa Cairpets
22-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Wise words. A serious look at myself? Really?

I suggest you look at the cold, hard facts. We are in a relegation battle as things stand. Top 6? I am not after soundbytes, I want an acknowledgement they realise how serious is this. I remember 1998 and the same garbage that was being spouted. We ended up relegated.

Could I have been more constructive this morning? Yep. Could you with your response? Yep.

The "cold hard facts" are that we are where we are. I am absolutely certain that if it had been Riordan or Murray or some other nominal "fans favourite" who'd come out with the line it would have passed by with barely a comment.

My irritation is that your post served no purpose other than to bleat at the position we are in and Rankin, all of which have been covered time after time after time. If it really was about the communication the club have with the press, then it was equally ridiculous, or at best naive. A player is out up in front of a reporter - what the bloody hell do you expect him to say? Seriously, again, have a look at what point your post is making, and tell me if it serves any purpose whatsoever.

3pm
22-12-2010, 09:32 PM
The "cold hard facts" are that we are where we are. I am absolutely certain that if it had been Riordan or Murray or some other nominal "fans favourite" who'd come out with the line it would have passed by with barely a comment.

My irritation is that your post served no purpose other than to bleat at the position we are in and Rankin, all of which have been covered time after time after time. If it really was about the communication the club have with the press, then it was equally ridiculous, or at best naive. A player is out up in front of a reporter - what the bloody hell do you expect him to say? Seriously, again, have a look at what point your post is making, and tell me if it serves any purpose whatsoever.

So what if it served a purpose?! Look at my past posts - rarely do I come out with anything like that. I am annoyed by the constant crap that is spat out. If you think I am bothered if it's Riordan, Murray or Rankin you're very much mistaken, still rant on and try to be the hero.

Dalkeith Hibee
22-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Possibly the best post ive read for a while (except for the bit about Power, Tosh and Hurtado) and sums up just how I feel about Rankin.

What makes it worse is when you remember we actually paid a 6 figure sum for him too.

Newhaven
22-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Are you sure? What about this joker.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?199800-I-d-sack-both-of-them!&p=2664512&viewfull=1#post2664512

Newhaven
22-12-2010, 09:59 PM
So what if it served a purpose?! Look at my past posts - rarely do I come out with anything like that. I am annoyed by the constant crap that is spat out. If you think I am bothered if it's Riordan, Murray or Rankin you're very much mistaken, still rant on and try to be the hero.

Well said 3pm

hibsbollah
22-12-2010, 10:20 PM

:thumbsup: I really enjoyed that, especially the bit about the pish players. I often yearn back to our 'golden era' of pish players that were no more or less pish than our current pish generation but just had some style and charisma to their pish, that made you warm to them somehow.

If you're going to be pish, do it with style:cool2:

Twa Cairpets
23-12-2010, 08:50 AM

To be honest I dont know what this would mean or how on earth my post could possibly lead me to being accused of "trying to be a hero".

I dont know John Rankin, or have any strong feelings either way about his ability as a player. Im fed up watching poor football as well, and after games like St Johnstone you do leave thinking "why do I bother".

However, if you're going to take every mundane media platitude thats spouted by players as a the basis for froth and outrage then you're going to live a permanently furious life.

flash
23-12-2010, 09:05 AM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?199800-I-d-sack-both-of-them!&p=2664512&viewfull=1#post2664512

Old hibsPain doesn't count as he flies beneath my radar.

Judas Iscariot
23-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Old hibsPain doesn't count as he flies beneath my radar.

Seeing as HibsPain has been allowed back, can we have Chuckie back..

Just give him a new name tae..

At least his posts were (sometimes) amusing..

Removed
23-12-2010, 11:09 AM

C'mon admins, tis the season of goodwill the now.

Dinkydoo
23-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Good stuff, personally I'll try to obtain the year award, and like Rankin and the boys I'll give it a right good go:agree:

:greengrin

How did I manage to miss that thread.

I thought the "I Knew I was Right" topic was bad enough :faf:

Removed
24-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Is he back yet :dunno:

KiddA
25-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Rankin said the same thing prior to the Rangers game and we won 0-3 and I did a similar post about him spouting . The next day I seen posts like for all you Rankin bashers and what not get it right up you. Its amazing what one win against Rangers does and I cringe every time the can we play you every week stuff comes on the website. We are 9th in the league for sake :grr: and had some shocking games this year I would rather have points on the board than a win v Rangers.

Rankin should be out the door January if there is any takers plain and simple :agree: if he gets a new deal I am very worried about Hibs future under CC.

KiddA
26-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Rankin said the same thing prior to the Rangers game and we won 0-3 and I did a similar post about him spouting . The next day I seen posts like for all you Rankin bashers and what not get it right up you. Its amazing what one win against Rangers does and I cringe every time the can we play you every week stuff comes on the website. We are 9th in the league for sake :grr: and had some shocking games this year I would rather have points on the board than a win v Rangers.

Rankin should be out the door January if there is any takers plain and simple :agree: if he gets a new deal I am very worried about Hibs future under CC.

Sorry HH did not mean to bypass the swear filter :doh: