PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama's return

jackhfc
21-12-2010, 09:58 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/21/merouane-zemmama-ready-to-boost-hibs-with-return-from-injury-86908-22798948/

Great news for the wee man and Hibs cause this season:thumbsup:

matty_f
21-12-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/21/merouane-zemmama-ready-to-boost-hibs-with-return-from-injury-86908-22798948/

Great news for the wee man and Hibs cause this season:thumbsup:

Brilliant news, would be great if he was fit in time for the derby - even a sub appearance would give us a lift. Duffy must be due a start soon as well, what a difference those two could potentially make to us!:thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
21-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Brilliant news, would be great if he was fit in time for the derby - even a sub appearance would give us a lift. Duffy must be due a start soon as well, what a difference those two could potentially make to us!:thumbsup:

Matty , Zemmama is the creative player we have been crying out for for a long time now...

This is great news...

jackhfc
21-12-2010, 10:11 PM

Donno if i'd put him into a derby match on his first game back from a long, long recovery with all the tackles you get flying in. But hopefully he and Duffy will give us a real boost and we can push for Europe:flag:

-maybe:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
21-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Makes you wonder if Yogi were to have had both Zemmama and Duffy fit, would he have been given the chop?? I very much doubt he would have.:hmmm:

BEEJ
21-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Fingers crossed that once match fit (by February?) he's not lost any of his flair and ability through this injury.

We definitely need someone of his calibre back in the side.

Littlest Hobo
21-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Fingers crossed that once match fit (by February?) he's not lost any of his flair and ability through this injury.

We definitely need someone of his calibre back in the side.

While not doubting his ability, he's never given us consistency.

essexhibee
21-12-2010, 10:49 PM
We have many consistent players in the side...consistently ****!

Zouma is my favorite player and I think he alone has the ability to turn out season around.

Ernie Cobra
22-12-2010, 04:40 AM
While not doubting his ability, he's never given us consistency.

why do i see that pic popping up everywhere........did you make the pic in your avatar, or are you plagerising?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2010, 06:19 AM
I can see the starwars inspired t shirts now
Help us Zouma you're our only hope!

hibsbollah
22-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Time to dust off the zemmama #4 replica shirt for the derby:thumbsup:

I'm genuinely delighted at that news. It'll be nice to see someone on the pitch that has the ability to get me off my seat.

GreenCastle
22-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Zouma will be a massive boost.

He WILL offer something to the team and on his day can be that player that can change games.

Inconsistent maybe but we are not talking about a Barcelona level player here - we are talking about Hibs and the SPL where once every few games he is unplayable. :agree::agree:

Cropley10
22-12-2010, 01:45 PM

I'm genuinely delighted at that news. It'll be nice to see someone on the pitch that has the ability to get me off my seat.

I'd forgotten the wee man used to wear 4! Thanks for the reminder - there's been some half decent players who've worn that shirt for the Hibs over the years.

J-C
22-12-2010, 01:49 PM
The wee man's skill and creativity has been sadly lacking in this team for a while now, hopefully he can help turn things around.

dangermouse
22-12-2010, 01:51 PM

A. Pedant writes: He wears the No. 7 shirt.

hibee62
22-12-2010, 02:29 PM
A. Pedant writes: He wears the No. 7 shirt.

When he first signed he wore number 4 as Brown was number 7...

ahibby
22-12-2010, 02:39 PM
The thing about having Zemama back is not only he the most creative player in the team but the players around him improve just because he is playing. Lets hope he stays injury free for the remainder of the season. He needs protected, were is Matty Jack when you need him!

Bad Martini
22-12-2010, 02:53 PM
The wee man was vintage. Should he return and still be as vintage, we'll be laughing......simples.

ENDOF

Hibercelona
22-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Lets just hope he doesn't get injured in the next game... :rolleyes:

He's a must for the derby. :pray:

down-the-slope
22-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Only thing to get you off your seat quicker than free pies :wink:

Lofarl
22-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I would not risk zoumie in the derby. The yams being devoid of class would no doubt cripple him. He's a player to use against football teams. Not against saughton fc.

yekimevol
22-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I can see the starwars inspired t shirts now
Help us Zouma you're our only hope!
perfect tshirt - a pic of zouma on the front :P
Merouane Zemmama: Years ago, you served our mogga in the Romanov wars, now we beg you to help us in our struggle against the S.P.L. I regret that I am unable to present this request to you in person; but our team has fallen under attack and I'm afraid our mission to bring you to Hampden has failed. I've placed information vital to the survival of the hibees into the memory systems of this physio unit. Our Calderwood will know how to play you. You must see this club safely delivered to 3rd in the spl. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Merouane Zemmama; you're our only hope.
maybe a bit to much :tee hee:

I would not risk zoumie in the derby. The yams being devoid of class would no doubt cripple him. He's a player to use against football teams. Not against saughton fc.
i would after what i remember of bozzy comming back from injury and tearing them appart :greengrin

seanraff07
22-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Even though the Yams would go through him at every opportunity i'd LOVE it if Zouma was to return in time for the derby.:agree:

jdships
22-12-2010, 08:56 PM

:thumbsup:
As I posted earlier he was "pencilled in" for a bounce game at EM on 13 th Dec which had to be called off
Big question now will be , his match fitness
:flag:

matty_f
22-12-2010, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup:
As I posted earlier he was "pencilled in" for a bounce game at EM on 13 th Dec which had to be called off
Big question now will be , his match fitness
:flag:

Would be good to even get a half hour from them coming off the bench. Would imagine it would give everyone a bit of a lift, and would give the Yams something to think about.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Even though the Yams would go through him at every opportunity i'd LOVE it if Zouma was to return in time for the derby.:agree:

To be brutal, you would want that and the nearer to the penalty area the better. Set pieces and Deeko would mean goals. Think we will play 4-5-1 at Tynie again. Not sure where he would figure in that from the start.

.Sean.
22-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Even if we could get, say the last 20 minutes at Tynecastle? Imagine, the game's goaless and Zemmama strolls on, it'd certainly give everybody a boost.

007 Mickey Weir
23-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Even if we could get, say the last 20 minutes at Tynecastle? Imagine, the game's goaless and Zemmama strolls on, it'd certainly give everybody a boost.

I really like this idea. Then give him a start in the cup game a week later.

Judas Iscariot
23-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd rather start him and get 45mins than bring him on as a sub to possibly get injured/break down then have to use a another sub..

I'd be happy with..

Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller Murray Riordan

Zouma

Trakys

seanraff07
24-12-2010, 08:39 PM
To be brutal, you would want that and the nearer to the penalty area the better. Set pieces and Deeko would mean goals. Think we will play 4-5-1 at Tynie again. Not sure where he would figure in that from the start.

Yep we normally go for 4-5-1 at Tynie and looking at how CC has set out the team so far you'd definitely think he'll go for a more defensive formation and try and catch them on the break, i think Zouma would be great for that.:agree:

But i think bringing him on as a sub would be the best option, would give everyone a lift if we were losing 1-0 i'm sure he'd start to pile pressure onto their defence!

Expecting Rain
25-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I look forward to the return of Zemmama hopefully playing wide on the right where he should have acres of space to do his stuff, i only hope that he adds a bit of maturity to his game for example knowing when to pass the ball and when to go and beat a man, mixing his game up and not reaching burn out before the 60th minute, if he can pace himself a bit better and use his head a bit more then we might have a player that could take us to a better place.
At least Liam Miller will have an out ball should Zemmama and Duffy figure in future Hibs line ups.

Littlest Hobo
25-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I look forward to the return of Zemmama hopefully playing wide on the right where he should have acres of space to do his stuff, i only hope that he adds a bit of maturity to his game for example knowing when to pass the ball and when to go and beat a man, mixing his game up and not reaching burn out before the 60th minute, if he can pace himself a bit better and use his head a bit more then we might have a player that could take us to a better place.
At least Liam Miller will have an out ball should Zemmama and Duffy figure in future Hibs line ups.

Let's not forget Wotherspoon, links up well with Zemmama well too:thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
25-12-2010, 11:33 AM

:agree:

Andy74
26-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Doubt he will be seen until February earliest.

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Well, well, well..

Thank heavens we're not playing Motherwell :cool2:

:wink:

SmokieJoe
26-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Fantastic news the wee man is getting back to full fitness!!:greengrin

He is by far and away our most intellegent player, he's good enough to grace the Emerates for the gooners.

Anyone any idea how long left on his contract? i'd like to think after getting him back to fitness after 8 months out he wouldn't do a runner if its out in the summer.

Andy74
26-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Zouma was warming up today. Good sign.

LamontHFC©
26-12-2010, 04:05 PM

VERY hopeful.