PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Aberdeen - Relegation Battle ?

GreenCastle
21-12-2010, 03:48 PM
With the Hamilton game being off - our next game is at ER on the 26th.

Craig Brown's 1st game in charge - Aberdeen currently sitting bottom of the table - 5 points behind us - the return of Paul Hartley....

This game is going to be pretty big :agree:

St Mirren and Hamilton are down there too fighting to stay in the SPL but a win against the Dons would be a massive boost :agree:

Thoughts...?

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2010, 04:09 PM

Craig Brown's 1st game in charge - Aberdeen currently sitting bottom of the table - 5 points behind us - the return of Paul Hartley....

St Mirren and Hamilton are down there too fighting to stay in the SPL but a win against the Dons would be a massive boost :agree:

Thoughts...?

Exciting times ahead. :greengrin

H18sry
21-12-2010, 04:10 PM

Thoughts...?

HMMMM :hmmm: I think I will wear a hat and gloves as its going to be BALTIC :wink:

Diclonius
21-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Hoping it's postponed. I can't make it because of family commitments. :rolleyes:

Jim44
21-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Despite their lower position they still have the psychological advantage over us from our last meeting. Add to that the fact that they really can't get any worse, while, unfortunately, IMHO we have the propensity to do even worse than we have recently. All in all, a real nail biter and our most important game for a while.

Vini1875
21-12-2010, 05:01 PM
My worry with Hibs is how are we going to score. Any manager looking at us probably think all they have to do is shackle Riordan and then Hibs are toothless.

M11BMO
21-12-2010, 05:14 PM
My worry with Hibs is how are we going to score. Any manager looking at us probably think all they have to do is shackle Riordan and then Hibs are toothless.

Add into the mix, Spineless and Gutless.

Bad times when were already talking about relegation battles.

Craig_in_Prague
21-12-2010, 05:18 PM
We came back better and stronger last time we went down........ not so sure it would be a disaster if it were to happen again.

but then i forgot, back then we had some pure class in the team, now that we're a balance sheet 1st, we'll maybe never see such quality at ER again.

If it's really a massive game on Sunday, you only know that hibs will let us down. It's what they do.

scoopyboy
21-12-2010, 05:23 PM

Thoughts...?

In a warped sort of way it could help draw a big attendance.

HibbyAndy
21-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Aberdeen come to Easter rd in a worse situation than us, Havent won for weeks, You better believe they will take our scalp on boxing day.

sparky
21-12-2010, 05:29 PM
These are the games we must win to avoid the relegation battle.

Win puts us 8 clear of Aberdeen and with the "Super Js" away to Celtic it's a good chance to climb a place in the league.

A defeat puts us in a difficult position and would be worrying given the upcoming fixtures:
29 Dec Dundee Utd Home
1 Jan Hearts Away
15 Jan Celtic Home
22 Jan Motherwell Away
26 Jan Hibernian Home

I can't see us getting more than 4 pts from those games.

As for the Aberdeen game, it will probably be a draw.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2010, 05:32 PM
These are the games we must win to avoid the relegation battle.

Win puts us 8 clear of Aberdeen and with the "Super Js" away to Celtic it's a good chance to climb a place in the league.

A defeat puts us in a difficult position and would be worrying given the upcoming fixtures:
29 Dec Dundee Utd Home
1 Jan Hearts Away
15 Jan Celtic Home
22 Jan Motherwell Away
26 Jan Hibernian Home

I can't see us getting more than 4 pts from those games.

As for the Aberdeen game, it will probably be a draw.

26 Jan - could be a very bad game!

HibbyAndy
21-12-2010, 05:36 PM

:tee hee:

lucky
21-12-2010, 05:37 PM
It is a big game. we really need Trakis to be fit. I fear for Hibs this season but the sheep will still be dire regardless who is in charge just like us. CC took over we went up there and got humped. He made no difference. Like wise Pa Broon is not going to make them a better side overnight.

james62
21-12-2010, 05:39 PM

There's a chance we could win it though :greengrin

Sloppy
21-12-2010, 05:47 PM
a heard they have a shocking defence...:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Thoughts...?

Would not surprise me in the least if this game also got postponed. The weather at present in the Grampian region is poor with more snow forecast, so may be unsafe for team and fans alike to travel......

Fingers crossed it is on though, could not bear more Christmas tv and turkey pieces......

Hibercelona
21-12-2010, 05:48 PM

I'll go for a goalless draw with the match ending early due to an array of red cards! :grr:

:greengrin

Removed
21-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Aye just like the huns did at Ibrox.

How many goals did we score again :dunno:

markom127
21-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Thoughts...?

I think if we beat the Yams on New Year then we might just go on a wee run also the Yams might go on a bad run.

So does a 3rd place still look possible?:wink:

allezsauzee
21-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I think if we beat the Yams on New Year then we might just go on a wee run also the Yams might go on a bad run.

So does a 3rd place still look possible?:wink:

we'll be closer to 3rd than relegation

Nakedmanoncrack
21-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Thoughts...?

Anything less than a win and we are in serious trouble, there are still those who don't yet believe we are in a relegation battle, a defeat and there will surely be nobody left deluding themselves.

essexhibee
21-12-2010, 09:24 PM
The words "Relegation" and "Hibs" in the same sentence is scary.

Do people really believe we will go down?

Hibercelona
21-12-2010, 09:33 PM

Did people believe it last time just before it happened? :dunno:

HFC 0-7
21-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Looking at the last 6 games for both teams show we have taken 7 points, scoring 8 and conceeding 9 which is really quite bad, however, when you look at Aberdeen their record is 0 points from the last 6, scoring 1 and conceeding 21! Now that truly is shocking form.

We can take heart that aberdeens away form is shocking as they have lost a crazy amount of goals, however, our home form is the problem for us scoring goals. I think the general play will be rank with this one but I think there will be goals galore with either team shading it. Whichever team wins though will get a big boost for the next game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2010, 10:02 PM
:tee hee:

What price Hibs -1 Andy?

Judas Iscariot
21-12-2010, 10:04 PM
We'll pump the sheep ****gin ****s nae bother :agree:

Mon The Hibees' :notworthy:

PISTOL1875
21-12-2010, 10:29 PM
It is a big game. we really need Trakis to be fit. I fear for Hibs this season but the sheep will still be dire regardless who is in charge just like us. CC took over we went up there and got humped. He made no difference. Like wise Pa Broon is not going to make them a better side overnight.

Trakys is the one we have to get and keep fit if we are gonna do anything..

He is the player who we need up front...

Vini1875
21-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Aye just like the huns did at Ibrox.

How many goals did we score again :dunno:

Alright one game where we played out of our skins, but week to week who else has been scoring goals on a regular basis other than Riordan.

Removed
22-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Alright one game where we played out of our skins, but week to week who else has been scoring goals on a regular basis other than Riordan.

Nobody. But remember we felt worse before the huns game and Riordan wasn't even playing. I even put 4 nil in my predictor and that was being generous. I'll probably get shot down for this but why can't we do it at the pbs. Nobody gave us a chance at Ibrox, at that includes the majority of our own support, myself included.

Let's go to Gorgie with our heads held high and chests out. Let's get some positivity on this board ffs. Let's support the players we have and back them to the hilt no matter what.

We'll support you evermore. Sometimes I'm not so sure reading this message board.

We are Hibernian FC. **** the Hearts.

matty_f
22-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Nobody. But remember we felt worse before the huns game and Riordan wasn't even playing. I even put 4 nil in my predictor and that was being generous. I'll probably get shot down for this but why can't we do it at the pbs. Nobody gave us a chance at Ibrox, at that includes the majority of our own support, myself included.

Let's go to Gorgie with our heads held high and chests out. Let's get some positivity on this board ffs. Let's support the players we have and back them to the hilt no matter what.

We'll support you evermore. Sometimes I'm not so sure reading this message board.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Dunbar Hibee
22-12-2010, 03:20 AM

Top post man.

GreenCastle
22-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Would not surprise me in the least if this game also got postponed. The weather at present in the Grampian region is poor with more snow forecast, so may be unsafe for team and fans alike to travel......

Fingers crossed it is on though, could not bear more Christmas tv and turkey pieces......

When I was around Easter Road yesterday the paths / pavements weren't the greatest but they have had plenty of time to get the game on so I can't see it being off.

If it is off then it's a disgrace as they should be out there making sure it's safe around the area.

Removed
22-12-2010, 06:11 PM
When I was around Easter Road yesterday the paths / pavements weren't the greatest but they have had plenty of time to get the game on so I can't see it being off.

If it is off then it's a disgrace as they should be out there making sure it's safe around the area.

Anyone know when a decision will be taken or is it defo on as things stand now?

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 06:16 PM

Thoughts...?

My thoughts are that I am not in the least bit surprised that Aberdeen won.

Another failure from the gutless spineless goons (players and management team).

GreenCastle
26-12-2010, 06:49 PM
My thoughts are that I am not in the least bit surprised that Aberdeen won.

Another failure from the gutless spineless goons (players and management team).

Players not technically good enough and lacked heart to play for the club - no wonder when so many are out of contract and know their futures lie elsewhere.

Manager - who has done anything in his first set of games to convince me he is anything different to what we had before. Long ball tactics he used at Forest and he uses with us - boring to watch and not effective against a semi-organised defense.

The board / Rod Petrie / STF - I believe it starts at the top with the mentality we have currently. Not good enough and huge damage is being down to the club right now and will take a while to undo the damage.

Relegation is upon us - and we don't have the fight / people in charge to avoid it.

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Players not technically good enough and lacked heart to play for the club - no wonder when so many are out of contract and know their futures lie elsewhere.

Manager - who has done anything in his first set of games to convince me he is anything different to what we had before. Long ball tactics he used at Forest and he uses with us - boring to watch and not effective against a semi-organised defense.

The board / Rod Petrie / STF - I believe it starts at the top with the mentality we have currently. Not good enough and huge damage is being down to the club right now and will take a while to undo the damage.

Relegation is upon us - and we don't have the fight / people in charge to avoid it.

Sadly, I agree with all of that.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:30 PM

Sorry dug this up from a while ago - we have been poor for a while so not sure why people are surprised about tonight - getting beat by some part timers.

Yes...and will be impressed if we don't finish bottom.

Hamilton showed fight against Celtic the other night.

We have NO fight :rolleyes: