PDA

View Full Version : Snow chains don't work on some BMWs???

Jack
21-12-2010, 01:35 PM
The Hearts supporter was taking them back to the dealership and he was stopped by the police and the car taken off them.

When asked why they were told they were too stupid to have a car.

Removed
21-12-2010, 02:26 PM
:faf:

Speedy
21-12-2010, 03:33 PM
:confused:

I don't get it.

Edit: Is it because it's a rear wheel drive and there isn't any on the back tyre?

1two
21-12-2010, 04:19 PM

I don't get it.

Edit: Is it because it's a rear wheel drive and there isn't any on the back tyre?

I must be too stupid too

PeeJay
21-12-2010, 07:13 PM

I don't get it.

Guess so - snow tyres really should be on the driven axle - course you should have them on the front too, because - after all - that's where the steering is done and if you only have them on the back it won't help you much either if you have lots of grip at the rear and none at the front - you may well end up still going sideways or round in circles even ... particularly in the UK if you are also driving with summer tyres on.:greengrin

Number69
22-12-2010, 11:06 AM
All BMW's are rear wheel..........how the **** can they expect the chains to work on the tyres that aint moving mechanically :thumbsup:

Jack
22-12-2010, 12:05 PM
My apologies to those who did not understand! :thumbsup: Your not idiots, it’s a sort of in car joke.

However if you own a rear wheel drive BMW you should really know where the oomph comes from to get your car along the road.

In my experience of driving 5 (big) and 7 series (huge) BMWs was, like any other car, that careful control of the throttle would normally get the car going and the steering was never really a problem. A bag or two of cement in the boot often helped too!