PDA

View Full Version : Season Extension? Not in my name says Uncle Wattie.

Sylar
20-12-2010, 01:07 PM
...or does Walter Smith come across as a complete and utter ignorant tube here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9305423.stm

Because the league wouldn't extend the season for Rangers (1 club) 2 years ago, it would now be unfair to extend the season for all clubs, to help clear the backlog of fixtures caused by the weather.

So, because they wouldn't help his club, they can't help ALL clubs.

It beggars belief.

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2010, 01:12 PM
...or does Walter Smith come across as a complete and utter ignorant tube here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9305423.stm

Because the league wouldn't extend the season for Rangers (1 club) 2 years ago, it would now be unfair to extend the season for all clubs, to help clear the backlog of fixtures caused by the weather.

So, because they wouldn't help his club, they can't help ALL clubs.

It beggars belief.

Also a slight rewriting of history in that the league season was extended into the midweek before the Scottish Cup Final. The last league games were supposed to be played on the Sunday but were moved back to the following Thursday night.

Phil D. Rolls
21-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Interesting that Walter now thinks that extending the season is a bad idea. He claims that there is only one club that will benefit.

The difference between now and 2008 though is that every club has a fixtures backlog, whereas only one club had too many games to play then. So really what Walter is saying is that changes should only be made if they suit Rangers.

No one likes them, they don't care.

Mark79
21-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Totally agree. He didn't get his own way last time so let's moan this time. Old firm as usual thinking of just themselves.

Like you say difference here is we are all affected. They wanted European glory so if that meant jepordising winning the league then thats the consequence.

Big Frank
21-12-2010, 10:18 AM
If Hibernian were in Rangers' position, our manager would be doing the exact same as smith.

aberhibsfc
21-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I listened to the interview, it was absolutely awful. He just kept repeating himself.

I think his media manipulating success has got the better of him and he now thinks the press will cow-tow to anything Sir-less Watty has to say. I don't think the interviewer had read the script and allowed Smith to mono-erce himself down an embarressing interview.

OF tw@t!!!!