PDA

View Full Version : Tevez stays at Manchester City

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Breaking news just now from Sky Sports News.

Apparently he's withdrawn his transfer request, has expressed his "absolute commitment to the club" and has had clear-the-air talks with club officials.

I said last week that this would be exactly the same as the Rooney situation at United. It seems that has turned out to be the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if a pay rise is on the way.

iwasthere1972
20-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Breaking news just now from Sky Sports News.

Apparently he's withdrawn his transfer request, has expressed his "absolute commitment to the club" and has had clear-the-air talks with club officials.

I said last week that this would be exactly the same as the Rooney situation at United. It seems that has turned out to be the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if a pay rise is on the way.

Rooney and Tevez. Are they best mates? Probably got bets on with each other to see how much more money they can squeeze out of their employers.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Rooney and Tevez. Are they best mates? Probably got bets on with each other to see how much more money they can squeeze out of their employers.

Good luck to them. :agree:

iwasthere1972
20-12-2010, 05:08 PM

I for one would laugh my tits off if Sky went tits up and that pair of tits had to take a humongeous cut in wages.

Too much greed in the game now and the sooner it's stamped out (quite how I've no idea) the better.

Sylar
20-12-2010, 05:20 PM

Aye, the poor souls must just be making pittance right enough.

Littlest Hobo
20-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Football is dead.

It's all about greedy players noo.

The product that you actually get for the money you pay is poor.

No player loyalty any more, and yet clubs expect fan loyalty while fleecing us big style of the little wages we get if yer lucky to even have a job.

I'd love it if the fans/viewers were to get together and organise some sort of strike/blockade that could maybe bring things back to normal again.:rolleyes:

Players are over payed and clubs are charging too much for ST. Sky is charging too much for their packages too.

I'm slowly starting to turn my attention to other sports.

Sad days indeed.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Aye, the poor souls must just be making pittance right enough.

The guy who owns Manchester City is personally richer than many countries.

Why shouldn't Tevez get what he's worth from him?

Just out of interest, at what point will you stop looking for wage rises?

Sylar
20-12-2010, 05:26 PM

What exactly is "Tevez's worth"?

Doesn't matter how rich their owner is - in fact, it's just further evidence of how ridiculous the Premiership is.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2010, 06:17 PM
What exactly is "Tevez's worth"?

Doesn't matter how rich their owner is - in fact, it's just further evidence of how ridiculous the Premiership is.

What he's worth is what he can get. If he settled for less than what he could get, he'd be getting less than his worth.

The reason I mentioned the owner, is to point out that's where the money is coming from.

I don't understand why anyone should be criticised for getting the most they can out of a massively wealthy employer.

If it was a small, at risk, concern, then I can understand people being asked to moderate their demands, but that's certainly not the case at Manchester City.

And, at the end of the day, he didn't have to pay it.

IWasThere2016
20-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Radge - just why is £250k a week justified or in need of any uplift? It is a disgusting amount of money (says he who has just ordered MCFC/Tevez merchandise for his son's Christmas!)

Hibbyradge
20-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Radge - just why is £250k a week justified or in need of any uplift? It is a disgusting amount of money (says he who has just ordered MCFC/Tevez merchandise for his son's Christmas!)

It's an incredible, unnecessary and frankly sickening amount of money, but it's all relative.

James Gandolfini was on $1m dollars per weekly episode of the Sopranos.

After earning a "paltry" $300k for her work in Pretty Woman, at one time Julia Roberts was able to command £25m per film.

Adam Sandler earned $55m in 2009.

Several million people will see these actors doing their stuff.

David Beckham earns about $40m per year.

It's estimated that half a billion people follow the English Premier League (and some of them buy merchandise with the players' names on!). That's the justification.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 07:05 PM

I totally agree.

I think most people will agree that some of the salaries being earned by top players in England is disgusting but if you can get that kind of money and then you get offered a pay rise, who in their right mind is going to turn that down and why shouldn't they be allowed to accept it?

If clubs can afford to pay those wages then there should be nothing to stop them paying it. If they can't afford it, pay the wages anyway and then get into financial difficulties as a result then Hell mend them and I hope they go out of business. I think most people would accept that Manchester City can currently afford to pay their top earners £200,000 per week.

Personally, I'm just delighted to see that his homesickness seems to have been cured. :wink:

Littlest Hobo
20-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I totally agree.

I think most people will agree that some of the salaries being earned by top players in England is disgusting but if you can get that kind of money and then you get offered a pay rise, who in their right mind is going to turn that down and why shouldn't they be allowed to accept it?

If clubs can afford to pay those wages then there should be nothing to stop them paying it. If they can't afford it, pay the wages anyway and then get into financial difficulties as a result then Hell mend them and I hope they go out of business. I think most people would accept that Manchester City can currently afford to pay their top earners £200,000 per week.

Personally, I'm just delighted to see that his homesickness seems to have been cured. :wink:

The cost ends up being added on to the prices of ST though mate. Just look at Chelsea, costs an arm and a leg for a ST there.

Since90+2
20-12-2010, 07:14 PM
In regards to Man City , does anyone know roughly the wealth of Sheikh Mansour in relation to say Abramovich?

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 07:22 PM
In regards to Man City , does anyone know roughly the wealth of Sheikh Mansour in relation to say Abramovich?

Sheikh Mansour's family's wealth is estimated to be worth around £550 billion. He is the half brother of the President of the UAE.

Roman Abramovich is worth a "paltry" £8 billion.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2010, 07:28 PM
It's an incredible, unnecessary and frankly sickening amount of money, but it's all relative.

After earning a "paltry" $300k for her work in Pretty Woman, at one time Julia Roberts was able to command £25m per film.

It's estimated that half a billion people follow the English Premier League (and some of them buy merchandise with the players' names on!). That's the justification.

:agree: Robbie Williams was paid about £80m from Sony after that he brought one more record out before re-joining Take That.

It's only footballers folk take the "disgusting amount of money" moral high ground with though.

IWasThere2016
20-12-2010, 07:38 PM
:agree: Robbie Williams was paid about £80m from Sony after that he brought one more record out before re-joining Take That.

It's only footballers folk take the "disgusting amount of money" moral high ground with though.

No - Robbie Williams aint worth the money either :greengrin

Bostonhibby
20-12-2010, 07:41 PM
No - Robbie Williams aint worth the money either :greengrin

Is he any good in midfield, or could he fill the Matty Jack role though?

ballengeich
20-12-2010, 07:58 PM
If Platini's plans to regulate the finances of clubs so that they can only pay what they bring in, then the current salaries may not be maintained over the next few years.

overdrive
20-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Is he any good in midfield, or could he fill the Matty Jack role though?

Might well be. Was he not on a club's books as a player before joining Take That? Port Vale seems to ring a bell. :wink:

Stenny
20-12-2010, 10:40 PM

:agree: -if someone wants to pay you crazy amounts, who would turn it down and tell their boss they deserve less, take what you can get id say

just_joe
21-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Football is dead.

It's all about greedy players noo.

The product that you actually get for the money you pay is poor.

No player loyalty any more, and yet clubs expect fan loyalty while fleecing us big style of the little wages we get if yer lucky to even have a job.

I'd love it if the fans/viewers were to get together and organise some sort of strike/blockade that could maybe bring things back to normal again.:rolleyes:

Players are over payed and clubs are charging too much for ST. Sky is charging too much for their packages too.

I'm slowly starting to turn my attention to other sports.

Sad days indeed.

I 100% agree with you mate. The sad thing is it's only going to get worse as the years go by.....more clubs going out of business etc.