PDA

View Full Version : Miller (Maybe Not) to miss the derby

macca70
20-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Unless Hibs appeal the red card.

Think it might be a blessing in disguise, if he is suspended.

He's been a passenger in midfield in previos derbies.

Good opportunity to stick someone with a bit steel in his place!!

Cropley10
20-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Unless Hibs appeal the red card.

Think it might be a blessing in disguise, if he is suspended.

He's been a passenger in midfield in previos derbies.

Good opportunity to stick someone with a bit steel in his place!!

Who would that be then? For some reason we haven't got anybody like that.

hibsbollah
20-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Thicot has always performed well in derbies (well, he's done well in two as I recall:greengrin) Get him in front of the back four to provide a bit more defensive stability in the middle. As has been mentioned already, Miller has disappeared in every derby he's played in anyway.

macca70
20-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Who would that be then? For some reason we haven't got anybody like that.

Personally, I would stick Murray and Bamba in the middle of the park.

IMO one of the common denominators of our p!shness this season, is Liam Miller in the centre of the park.

I appreciate our resource is limited in that position but I think it's an area that is vital to winning the derby and needs addressed.

Dunbar Hibee
20-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Stick Bamba in the midfield and Stephens or Hanlon at CB. I actually think we would do better if we done this. As said, Miller always plays ***** against Hearts.

Golden Bear
20-12-2010, 04:10 PM
He'll be no great miss imo. He's been very disappointing in the Deby games, none more so than last season when Michael Stewart totally dominated the midfield.

18/03/07
20-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Before they let him go,I would have went with Lee Currie for this game.

GreenCastle
20-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Bamba in midfield please :agree:

Stevens at the back :agree:

Hibbyradge
20-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I fear a real doing.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Somehow, I don't think it will matter too much who plays for us in this game.

Golden Bear
20-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Somehow, I don't think it will matter too much who plays for us in this game.

:agree:

Apathy is alive and kicking but who can blame us.

GreenCastle
20-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I fear a real doing.

So do I....3 or 4 nil...

I am dreading it..

RickyS
20-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I fear a real doing.

i never look forward to going to the bus shelter but this time I have real fears of a rout similar to the 5-1 De Vries game. its going to be a hide behind the couch job for me.

PaulSmith
20-12-2010, 05:15 PM
i never look forward to going to the bus shelter but this time I have real fears of a rout similar to the 5-1 De Vries game. its going to be a hide behind the couch job for me.

was the game that was 3-1 going into the 90th minute?

Hainan Hibs
20-12-2010, 05:32 PM
The only faint glimmer of hope I have is we manage to pull off another Casper night, however I will be avoiding all news of the derby until it is over.

Miller won't be much of a miss in my opinion, he is the very definition of Hibs attitude in derby games, **** it and hide.

Titch
20-12-2010, 06:23 PM
just been on the news hibs are appealing the red card

.Sean.
20-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Stick Bamba in the midfield and Stephens or Hanlon at CB. I actually think we would do better if we done this. As said, Miller always plays ***** against Hearts.
I'd play Hanlon but wouldn't chuck Stephens in at the deep end at Tynecastle. Bamba will most probably partner him, though i'd rather play him in midfield and move Murray to cenre-half.

hibbysam
20-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Get stephens up front again with trakys:greengrin:

personally thought he was very good when he came on against st johnstone:agree:

two of them will put themselves about, wotherspoon and riordan on wings, murray and mcbride in middle,

bamba on kyle, hanlon, grounds and a right back,

would be the way i went, we need change and two big bruisers up front might just be the way forward as trakys looks good with his feet as well.

Lofarl
20-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Jeez you would think the Yams were Barca with the amount of fapping going on over them. This is the same team that Kille pumped.

SMAXXA
20-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Makes it worse the 4th official who got him sent of's a Hibby aswell. Who said refs are biast towards your own :agree:

Stenny
20-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I fear a real doing.

everytime we go into the derby expecting to win, what happens.. we lose
expect to get beat, loads of players injured or suspended and the rest battle and we get the points..

Keep the faith.. its a derby, battle hard and it can happen

essexhibee
21-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Were *****...we are in a ***** league position...we are expected to get beat.

Sounds like a certain thursday night in May 2009.

BELIEVE.

hibee92
21-12-2010, 01:39 AM
what's the old saying?

derby. games. paper. no. played. on.

:greengrin

Mikey
21-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Appeal lodged........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?199879-Scotsman-(Hibs)-Hibs-prepare-for-battle-over-Liam-Miller-sending-off

Frazerbob
21-12-2010, 02:38 PM
When was the last time an appeal was upheld?

PaulSmith
21-12-2010, 03:05 PM
When was the last time an appeal was upheld?

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but there's around 50% of appeals upheld , probably a fact that will be ignored but thought it would be worthwhile trying to get some sense into the argument that referee's never change their mind and accept that they were wrong.

Examples Miller v Motherwell last season

And from April this from the SFA.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scotland/167657-facts-show-scottish-referees-do-admit-mistakes/

JimBHibees
21-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but there's around 50% of appeals upheld , probably a fact that will be ignored but thought it would be worthwhile trying to get some sense into the argument that referee's never change their mind and accept that they were wrong.

Examples Miller v Motherwell last season

And from April this from the SFA.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scotland/167657-facts-show-scottish-referees-do-admit-mistakes/

Do you think it is right that the ref that made the original decision gets to decide whether it is a valid appeal?

JimBHibees
21-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Jeez you would think the Yams were Barca with the amount of fapping going on over them. This is the same team that Kille pumped.

Totally agree they didnt look anything outstanding when scraping past Motherwell and have just drawn with ICT so lets knock them off the pedestal please.

PaulSmith
21-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you think it is right that the ref that made the original decision gets to decide whether it is a valid appeal?

Yes. But if anyone thinks that they didn't discuss with the SFA Referee Dept before giving their revised verdict is living in cloud cukoo land.

JimBHibees
21-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Yes. But if anyone thinks that they didn't discuss with the SFA Referee Dept before giving their revised verdict is living in cloud cukoo land.

Problem is when the SFA ref dept is as arrogant as the ref doing the sending off e.g McVicar. :greengrin

I am not sure it sends the right message that someone being complained against decides whether the complaint is valid would personally prefer an independent group to decide e.g former players/refs etc.

PaulSmith
21-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Problem is when the SFA ref dept is as arrogant as the ref doing the sending off e.g McVicar. :greengrin

I am not sure it sends the right message that someone being complained against decides whether the complaint is valid would personally prefer an independent group to decide e.g former players/refs etc.

And would any former player or current player actually have detailed knowledge of the laws of the game, be experienced enough to have ever been in the position of the referee or indeed who do you choose as the former player.You couldn't have an ex Rangers player sitting on a panel talking about Celtic, vice versa or any other conflict of interest.

Let me ask you another question, do you think that a referee would go against his own bosses and colleagues just to be stubborn enough not to admit a mistake when it is clearly obvious.

JimBHibees
21-12-2010, 05:03 PM
And would any former player or current player actually have detailed knowledge of the laws of the game, be experienced enough to have ever been in the position of the referee or indeed who do you choose as the former player.You couldn't have an ex Rangers player sitting on a panel talking about Celtic, vice versa or any other conflict of interest.

Let me ask you another question, do you think that a referee would go against his own bosses and colleagues just to be stubborn enough not to admit a mistake when it is clearly obvious.

They may not have as much detailed knowledge of laws of the game as a referee however to say they couldnt contribute in such a situation maybe sums up a worrying attitude with referees. Expereienced players would have experience of playing the game at the top level and in almost every case much more of an idea about whether they thought that the player for example meant to injure. They would IMO fill in an obvious gap in a referee's knowledge of what a player is likely to be thinking. The refs and players between them could IMO improve what is there at the moment.

Your last point yes I think there are a couple that would however it depends how the discussion went maybe the bosses encourage them not to admit a mistake as they may perceive it may make them look weak.

PaulSmith
21-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Your last point yes I think there are a couple that would however it depends how the discussion went maybe the bosses encourage them not to admit a mistake as they may perceive it may make them look weak.

I think that the Refereeing Dept would prefer to see one ref admit a mistake rather than tarnish the entire referee fraternity by not.