PDA

View Full Version : Arabs v Huns postponed again

H18sry
20-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Game off tomorrow, I wonder what our chances are of Wednesday away at Hamilton, has of going ahead.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Game off tomorrow, I wonder what our chances are of Wednesday away at Hamilton, has of going ahead.

What’s it off for? Surely they’ve got enough time to clear the pitch and get the heating on?

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2010, 10:52 AM
What’s it off for? Surely they’ve got enough time to clear the pitch and get the heating on?

I know that United have been complaining about problems with the areas surrounding the ground, eg no car parking available. It does seem a bit odd though given that Dundee were able to get their game played at Dens on Saturday.

Joe Baker II
20-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Although I do not favour clubs pandering to police and calling off games due for safety reasons I was near Hamilton last weekend and was seriously icy (far more so than anything I have seen in Edinburgh)- I doubt if it will be much better now. Therefore given the stupid timing of fixture is hardly going to attract pay at the gate fans anyway, a call off early in this case would seem sensible (therefore probably will not happen!).

Billy Whizz
20-12-2010, 11:17 AM

Where did you see this. Nothing on Arabs/SPL website

IWasThere2016
20-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I know that United have been complaining about problems with the areas surrounding the ground, eg no car parking available. It does seem a bit odd though given that Dundee were able to get their game played at Dens on Saturday.

The streets in and around the grounds are awful. Hard packed snow and ice and no sign of the City Council or their agents doing much to remedy the situation.

H18sry
20-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Where did you see this. Nothing on Arabs/SPL website

http://www.facebook.com/ESPNTVUK It may just be the TV coverage but its very vague reading it again

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.facebook.com/ESPNTVUK It may just be the TV coverage but its very vague reading it again

Still nothing at all on the SPL, Dundee Utd or BBC websites regarding the game being off. :confused:

Don't think there's been anything on Sky Sports News either.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Now on the breaking news ticker on Sky Sports News.

Dundee Utd-Rangers is off. :agree:

Celtic v Kilmarnock, also tomorrow night, still goes ahead though...for now.