PDA

View Full Version : Inviting In Jambo Neighbours For A Christmas Drink

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Totally unacceptable in my view.

And I intend to snub his invitation to me.

Petty, maybe. Vindictive, perhaps.

But one has standards and those can never be compromised.

iwasthere1972
19-12-2010, 05:04 PM

How much was your property devalued when he moved into the area?

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2010, 05:08 PM
How much was your property devalued when he moved into the area?

If I was to put my house on the market, i'd wait till he took an extended vacation to Australia.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-12-2010, 05:22 PM
There should be some sort of register for THOSE people so that we can keep track of them.

Dan Sarf
19-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Wouldn't it be less hassle to tow your house to somewhere that's Jambo free? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2010, 05:27 PM
There should be some sort of register for THOSE people so that we can keep track of them.

Sounds good in theory but monitoring the comings and goings of 400,000 people is not really feasible.

Toaods
19-12-2010, 05:33 PM
If you simply cannot abort it at this late stage, just stand back and smile as he sinks his pint of cider and says "Yeeaacchhhhh....that tastes like pish."

hibsbollah
19-12-2010, 08:19 PM
It's the season of goodwill, in the name of god Bob. Get him round, give him a drink,a mince pie, and a Christmas stocking with a toaly at the bottom.:na na:

lapsedhibee
19-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Sounds good in theory but monitoring the comings and goings of 400,000 people is not really feasible.

Shirley HOMFC have a complete list of names and current addresses of their 10,000 ST holders, and the same info for the 390,000 on the waiting list? :confused:

I was going to write "current names" as well as "current addresses" but then realised that marriage in the yam community doesn't generally involve any change of surname.

Rory89
19-12-2010, 08:46 PM
If I'm going to have a drink and a chat about football, I'd rather it was with three jambo's and three Hibees than all Hibees. It's the same way I prefer that everyone I spend time doesn't have similiar opinions to me on music, politics, whatever.

Of my three flatmates one of them is a jambo and one of them a hun, and that's how I like it. If everybody agreed on everything the world would be a boring, pointless place where everybody just gave eachother meaningless back pats every time they spoke. In other world the world would be hibs.net.

So...stop being a sad sack and have a drink with the guy, if he talks utter ***** that just gives you more to talk about.

marinello59
19-12-2010, 09:13 PM
If I'm going to have a drink and a chat about football, I'd rather it was with three jambo's and three Hibees than all Hibees. It's the same way I prefer that everyone I spend time doesn't have similiar opinions to me on music, politics, whatever.

Of my three flatmates one of them is a jambo and one of them a hun, and that's how I like it. If everybody agreed on everything the world would be a boring, pointless place where everybody just gave eachother meaningless back pats every time they spoke. In other world the world would be hibs.net.

So...stop being a sad sack and have a drink with the guy, if he talks utter ***** that just gives you more to talk about.

Aye, no dissent here. Ever. What a load of guff. (Sorry meant to give you a backpat, don't know what came over me there.)

Removed
19-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Since when did everyone agree and give pats on the back on here :faf:

I have a yam neighbour. Have a Christmas drink with him......nae danger

Hibee D
19-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Football is all about the banter, I like the fact I work with Jambos, Huns some of the alleged best fans in the world!!!! Will never understand why people do not support the Hibs but discussing football with other supporters is what it is all about. :flag:

Rory89
19-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Aye, no dissent here. Ever. What a load of guff. (Sorry meant to give you a backpat, don't know what came over me there.)

:thumbsup:

Since when did everyone agree and give pats on the back on here :faf:

I have a yam neighbour. Have a Christmas drink with him......nae danger

:top marks

greenlex
20-12-2010, 09:17 AM

just dinnae strike any bets with them.

Rory89
20-12-2010, 05:39 PM
just dinnae strike any bets with them.

Christ, well remembered.

I've received a whopping £60 of the £100 (and only through constant pestering).

I only won the bet in May so he's been quick. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2010, 05:47 PM

No, i'll stick to being a sad sack. I grew up in a household of those pests, so i've done my shift in tolerating fools.

matty_f
23-12-2010, 10:10 PM

although living in Fife has it's drawbacks, one massive plus is that as far as I can tell, there are significantly more Hibees in my area than Yams,and there are certainly no Yams living in close proximity.

Personally, I think Toaods' approach is the one that you should take, only I'd make it clear that you only had time for one drink due to a pressing personal engagement that you need to attend to, thus giving you a great excuse to chuck him out, pishy taste still fresh in his mouth.