PDA

View Full Version : Media Barcelona again

PaulSmith
18-12-2010, 07:46 PM
5 - 1 up again this time local derby v espanyol

Mikey
18-12-2010, 09:56 PM
The Spanish league is a bigger joke than the Scottish league.

PaulSmith
18-12-2010, 10:00 PM

:) one horse race

nonshinyfinish
18-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Did you see Iniesta's ovation from the Espanyol fans? Really good to see football fans en masse able to look beyond city rivalry when it counts.

blairwallace
18-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Did you see Iniesta's ovation from the Espanyol fans? Really good to see football fans en masse able to look beyond city rivalry when it counts.

well he won spain the world cup, if kevin kyle scored the winning goal in the world cup final i'd applaud him the full game

seanraff07
18-12-2010, 10:47 PM
well he won spain the world cup, if kevin kyle scored the winning goal in the world cup final i'd applaud him the full game

Nae chance, i'd call him a fat, ugly huddy all game :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
18-12-2010, 10:51 PM

That's not the reason, the Espanyol fans like him because after scoring in the final he took his top off to show a t-shirt remembering Dani Jarque, the Espanyol captain who died of a heart attack.

When the Barca team was read out, the home fans booed every player in the standard style of a derby, but cheered Iniesta. Some things are more important, etc.

lyonhibs
18-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Great team etc, but who the hell is the Geordie co-commentating on this link:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/espanyol-barcelona-la-liga-december-2010-7897190/

I've never heard anything like it:

"Their defence fell apart like an old Saab"
"He's running like he's got a lobster down his pants"
"Kameni spread himself like an octopus"

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! :confused:

seanraff07
18-12-2010, 11:09 PM

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/espanyol-barcelona-la-liga-december-2010-7897190/

''Nicely opened like a fresh fish''.. i'm cracking up at this guy.:faf:

hibbysam
18-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I must say barca were at there poorest tonight as well, passes astray and not at there most fluent but with the attacking options they have its a joy that playing poorly(to there standards obviously) is good enough to win a local derby 5-1:thumbsup:

Cant wait til once again they rip arsenal to shreds and show them how it feels to play nice fast free flowing successful football :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
18-12-2010, 11:16 PM

I think that's the guy off of Gol TV, the main commentator is a Yank, they have the Geordie to bring some 'inventors of the game' crediblity to the whole affair. I assume the Americans find it terribly charming.

That said, he's streets ahead of whoever the moron is that does the commentary for bwin's Bundesliga streams - that guy is astonishingly poor. He can't pronounce half the names, he offers the least insightful analysis this side of Andy Gray's mad arrows, and at times he seems to struggle with the very rules of the game. I want his job, I'd be much better.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2010, 11:51 PM

Steady...

Munson7
19-12-2010, 03:33 AM

How do you figure that out? This Barca team is quite possibly the greatest football team in history, playing the way they are playing at the moment they will destroy almost any team.

The only reason it's a two horse race is because the top two are so good, not because the rest are poor.

Randerson_4
19-12-2010, 09:15 AM
How do you figure that out? This Barca team is quite possibly the greatest football team in history, playing the way they are playing at the moment they will destroy almost any team.

The only reason it's a two horse race is because the top two are so good, not because the rest are poor.

I'm a massive fan of Barca, honestly I could watch & study them all day. However, the split of TV money makes it impossible to compete with the big 2. What I will concede, even tho Real get Barca's level of tv money they cannot get close to them

GreenCastle
19-12-2010, 10:47 AM

It's Ray Hudson - we get the guy in the USA on GOL TV and he is mental :greengrin

David_D
19-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Love the quote after the first goal. "pedro disapeers like a ghost in the fog" :not worth