PDA

View Full Version : Hibs singing choir

Billy Whizz
18-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Congratulations to the singing section today. In freezing cold conditions they kept us all warm by clapping and stamping our feet to keep us from going numb!
417 Hibs fans made the trip today and got behind the team.
God knows how loud they would be if they had a winning team on the park!
Take a bow lads and lassies.

Littlest Hobo
18-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Congratulations to the singing section today. In freezing cold conditions they kept us all warm by clapping and stamping our feet to keep us warm.

Hats off :not worth:flag::flag:

LancashireHibby
18-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear it, stick with it folks and you'll get your reward. Hoping to be sat with them if not at Hamilton then for the derby.

bigstu
18-12-2010, 08:32 PM
well done guys! i'm liking the support the singing section are giving the team, we've got to take the highs with the lows & support the team win lose or draw. a good atmos at games will encourage more to come along to the games :agree:

At The Edge
18-12-2010, 08:33 PM
If it wasn't for the Hibs fans singing today then Rugby park would have been like a library, Killie were 2 up and their fans still didn't break into song.
even the old guy beside me, who must have been about 70 was getting into Calderwoods Green and White army.
:flag:

HibbyKeith
18-12-2010, 08:37 PM
If it wasn't for the Hibs fans singing today then Rugby park would have been like a library, Killie were 2 up and their fans still didn't break into song.
even the old guy beside me, who must have been about 70 was getting into Calderwoods Green and White army.:flag:

went from the start of the second half for a good 15mins without pause, :top marks

Ed De Gramo
18-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Apparently good coverage on BBC Alba...anybody able to freeze frame the crowd?

BEEJ
18-12-2010, 09:56 PM
They were magnificent! :thumbsup:

That and Deeks 100th goal made the trip worthwhile.

:singing:
Calderwood's,
Green and white army!
:singing:

:scarf:

seanraff07
18-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Could hear Calderwood's green'n'white army on the radio being sung for ages in the 2nd half, wish i was there, well done lads and lassies.

Think i'm gonna go to Hamilton on Wednesday if the rest of the 12th man are attending, if the game is on that is.:agree:

SouthamptonHibs
19-12-2010, 01:21 AM
well done lads you done great... i hope the team came over at FT and applauded you...infact that shower deserve to pay yet ticket and travel expenses a bunch of imposters in Hibs jerseys...

Keep up the singing midweek v Hamilton i'm up for the Aberdeen, utd and yams games and will back you lads with the singing ....i fear we will get beat as we are soft as.....

mon the cabbage:greengrin

hibee92
19-12-2010, 02:34 AM
right in the middle of it! great atmosphere! 2-0 everyone kept singing the whole game, pretty sure we sang calderwoods green n white army for a good half hour! :thumbsup: good day out, pity about the end result though

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Congratulations to the singing section today. In freezing cold conditions they kept us all warm by clapping and stamping our feet to keep us from going numb!

Signing section was loud, but was there any need to sing about Mercer and Skacel against Kilmarnock:confused:

Removed
19-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Signing section was loud, but was there any need to sing about Mercer and Skacel against Kilmarnock:confused:

Head against brickwall with that one. Cue the pathetic attempts to justify it that we hear every week.

Tricla
19-12-2010, 10:03 AM

:worms:

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Head against brickwall with that one. Cue the pathetic attempts to justify it that we hear every week.

I know Billy, just think that the singing section lets itself down with this stuff..... Great that they sing for the duration of game, but do we need to hear the distasteful stuff.......

Removed
19-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I know Billy, just think that the singing section lets itself down with this stuff..... Great that they sing for the duration of game, but do we need to hear the distasteful stuff.......

:agree: they have done a great job getting this going. It's all been said in other threads about the content.

BEEJ
19-12-2010, 12:52 PM
True.

Or for that matter "Feed the Weedgies, Let them know its Christmas time ...."
:confused:

Ed De Gramo
19-12-2010, 01:06 PM

:agree: they have done a great job getting this going. It's all been said in other threads about the content.

There was 7 of us that drowned it out...one of the guys singing it told me to shut it when challenged so we sang louder....can't recall those songs being sung after that.

So lets not tar the whole singing section with the same brush

jackhfc
19-12-2010, 09:28 PM

If you don't like it, don't sing it, simple as:wink:

Plus it's near a derby so gets people in the mood IMO

Oh, and it's funny as ****

marinello59
19-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Wind up post of the night. :not worth

MSK
19-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Oh, and it's funny as ****Side splitting ..

Removed
19-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Wind up post of the night. :not worth

I wouldn't have been so polite

jackhfc
19-12-2010, 09:47 PM
wind up post of the night. :not worth

wooo :cup:

MSK
19-12-2010, 09:58 PM
wooo 7067WOOO :greengrin

jackhfc
19-12-2010, 10:21 PM
WOOO :greengrin

HAHA, come across many cock's this week then?:cool2:

After all, happy is just another word for gay?:dunno:

MSK
19-12-2010, 10:28 PM
HAHA, come across many cock's this week then?:cool2:

After all, happy is just another word for gay?:dunno:Only you so far ..

jackhfc
19-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Only you so far ..

Just me, you sure?

Are you a female not getting any, or is yours just to small to see:greengrin

JACK_HFC
19-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Just me, you sure?

phahahahaha probs right Jack :na na:

MSK
19-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Just me, you sure?

phahahahaha probs right Jack :na na:FFs twin reprobates...schools off the morn ..? ...:confused:

lyonhibs
19-12-2010, 10:40 PM

You have one lame sense of humour, though I suspect puberty is on the horizon, so maybe that'll sort that out :greengrin

RIP
20-12-2010, 07:24 AM

Remember that Hibs12thMan didn't create a singing section - there's been a Hibs choir following the Hibees home and away ever since I went to my first game in 1961. I didn't miss a game for 3 years in the 70's and IRA songs were sung every week - so let's we aren't squeaky clean in our history.

However times have changed and the efforts of the 12thMan have managed to pull together singers in one place near S43 in the Family Home. There's only 1 or two young lads who now choose to sit near us and sing the racist stuff and Mercers wife's alone at XMAS. They apparently travel on the same supporters bus and I'm told the singing starts there. It's the same lovely lads that start up the BNP Edinburgh song.

One could say there are misguided or immature or you could believe they are fans of extreme right wing politics trying to use football as a recruiting ground. The trouble is they bring the rest of the Singing Section into disrepute. So hats off to you Gramo. Maybe we need a group to like-minded fans to approach them at the next game? Conversation rather than confrontation?

Jack
20-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Without trying to sound too superior here or speaking on behalf of other Singing Section supporters I think I can quite safely say that if anyone hears the Mercer and Skacel stuff then they can assume its NOT coming from the folk who have become known as the Singing Section.

IMO the most disappointing thing is that some folk just aren't able, or are unwilling, to take in that the Singing Section will not lead or sing these songs and at a mere sniff of Mercers wife these posters cant wait to come on here and slag off the wrong folk.

I’ve written that, or similar, a few times before and I’m fairly sure Mr Foghorn (although I’m not going to die in a ditch over it) and others have commented on the same threads. So regulars on Hibs.net should know.

How far apart is the mindset of the Singing Section and these other singers? The Hibs 12th Man produced a wee song book at the start of the season and handed them out at the Carlisle game. Most folk liked it. It was however ridiculed by a very small band of ‘supporters’ whose comments in the pre-match pub included ‘that’s *****e’ and ‘there's nae f-k-g swearing in it’ as they left singing their own songs.

There are around 2/300 in the Singing Section (the singers) and there are around 1,800 in the area set aside for the singing section on NYD. There is no doubt the Mercer and Skacel stuff will be belted out a Tynecastle, led by the unenlightened and followed by lemmings. It will not be led or encouraged by the Singing Section (the singers). Like minded singers and supporters can do what Gramo and his mates in the Singing Section are doing – try and drown them out – instead of coming on here and having a go at the wrong folk. AGAIN!

Now if everyone would chill can we get back to congratulating the Singing Section for their ever improving match day performances …

Skanko79
20-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Without trying to sound too superior here or speaking on behalf of other Singing Section supporters I think I can quite safely say that if anyone hears the Mercer and Skacel stuff then they can assume its NOT coming from the folk who have become known as the Singing Section.

IMO the most disappointing thing is that some folk just aren't able, or are unwilling, to take in that the Singing Section will not lead or sing these songs and at a mere sniff of Mercers wife these posters cant wait to come on here and slag off the wrong folk.

I’ve written that, or similar, a few times before and I’m fairly sure Mr Foghorn (although I’m not going to die in a ditch over it) and others have commented on the same threads. So regulars on Hibs.net should know.

How far apart is the mindset of the Singing Section and these other singers? The Hibs 12th Man produced a wee song book at the start of the season and handed them out at the Carlisle game. Most folk liked it. It was however ridiculed by a very small band of ‘supporters’ whose comments in the pre-match pub included ‘that’s *****e’ and ‘there's nae f-k-g swearing in it’ as they left singing their own songs.

There are around 2/300 in the Singing Section (the singers) and there are around 1,800 in the area set aside for the singing section on NYD. There is no doubt the Mercer and Skacel stuff will be belted out a Tynecastle, led by the unenlightened and followed by lemmings. It will not be led or encouraged by the Singing Section (the singers). Like minded singers and supporters can do what Gramo and his mates in the Singing Section are doing – try and drown them out – instead of coming on here and having a go at the wrong folk. AGAIN!

Now if everyone would chill can we get back to congratulating the Singing Section for their ever improving match day performances …

I would say anyone who braves this weather to go and watch Hibs at the moment deserves praise. Not just the "singing section".

RIP
20-12-2010, 02:19 PM
There's only 1 or two young lads who now choose to sit near us and sing the racist stuff and Mercers wife's alone at XMAS. They apparently travel on the same supporters bus and I'm told the singing starts there. It's the same lovely lads that start up the BNP Edinburgh song.

How far apart is the mindset of the Singing Section and these other singers?

The Hibs 12th Man produced a wee song book at the start of the season and handed them out at the Carlisle game. Most folk liked it.

It was however ridiculed by a very small band of ‘supporters’ whose comments in the pre-match pub included ‘that’s *****e’ and ‘there's nae f-k-g swearing in it’ as they left singing their own songs.

Like minded singers and supporters can do what Gramo and his mates in the Singing Section are doing – try and drown them out

See bold - I think we all know who we are talking about here big man - maybe it's time to have a blether with them rather than waste energy by drowning them out?

Removed
20-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I apologise if any of my comments on this or any other thread have offended any singing section/12th man members - that was honestly not my intention.

Jack
20-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I apologise if any of my comments on this or any other thread have offended any singing section/12th man members - that was honestly not my intention.

fair doos :-)
An easy mistake to make just now. The Singing Section just need to be clear and make it clear to others what they are trying to achieve.

mickki40
21-12-2010, 02:34 AM
In case any of you wwanting to see Saturdays photos from the Edinburgh and Livingston bus, and pics in the bar and ground just add me via facebook or Nickki.s page. Great singing...bring on the sheep