PDA

View Full Version : Our midfield.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Watching them just now on Alba, its sad to see just how crap they really are. We have Murray who can hardly pass a ball 5 yards without it going astray. He can hardly run, is so slow, but does get there as soon as he can .

Rankin, runs aboot, thats just about it.

DeGraff, slow canny pass, has the vision of Macar. Canny beat a man, canny score, contributes nowt.

Wotherspoon, plenty of running, but little impact, does have ability, but is a kid who needs help from his other midfielders, but apart from Miller he's no chance.

Miller i know was sent off, but he's the only one from the rest who does anything like what a midfielder should be doing. He must be banging his head against a wall playing with the rubbish he has to line up with?

Forwards can only score goals if the midfield supply them, we dont supply them.

bingo70
18-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Watching them just now on Alba, its sad to see just how crap they really are. We have Murray who can hardly pass a ball 5 yards without it going astray. He can hardly run, is so slow, but does get there as soon as he can .

DeGraff, slow canny pass, has the vision of Macar. Canny beat a man, canny score, contributes nowt.

Wotherspoon, plenty of running, but little impact, does have ability, but is a kid who needs help from his other midfielders, but apart from Miller he's no chance.

Miller i know was sent off, but he's the only one from the rest who does anything like what a midfielder should be doing. He must be banging his head against a wall playing with the rubbish he has to line up with?

Said before that i was concerned about Murray in midfield but thought i'd been proven wrong in the games against Rangers and 'Well, not seen the game today but did he have a howler?

Hoping he didn't just raise his game for a couple of games, for his faults that doesn't sound like something he'd do, always thought he'd be the one person to remain consistant no matter who we were playing

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Said before that i was concerned about Murray in midfield but thought i'd been proven wrong in the games against Rangers and 'Well, not seen the game today but did he have a howler?

Hoping he didn't just raise his game for a couple of games, for his faults that doesn't sound like something he'd do, always thought he'd be the one person to remain consistant no matter who we were playing

He's not having a howler, but he offers little. If you like your players to give out a bit of stick and clatter into the opposition, then he's your man. Although he does give away a lot of fouls, and does very little when he has the ball. An average player imo, who fits in well with most of his team mates.

BEEJ
18-12-2010, 05:44 PM
He's not having a howler, but he offers little. If you like your players to give out a bit of stick and clatter into the opposition, then he's your man. Although he does give away a lot of fouls, and does very little when he has the ball. An average player imo, who fits in well with most of his team mates.
Murray wasn't the worst on the park today by a long stretch.

For that accolade, take a bow Edwin de Graff. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Murray wasn't the worst on the park today by a long stretch.

For that accolade, take a bow Edwin de Graff. :rolleyes:

His passing ability is not very good, clattering into folk only gets you so far. De Graff has been a waste of space since he signed, never a box to box goalscoring midfielder. I suppose its still early days though?:rolleyes:

matty_f
18-12-2010, 06:05 PM
His passing ability is not very good, clattering into folk only gets you so far. De Graff has been a waste of space since he signed, never a box to box goalscoring midfielder. I suppose its still early days though?:rolleyes:

I don't think it's early days for him now, he has had long enough. The players signed by other teams at the same time as we signed de graaf are doing ok, that's his benchmark. Not impressed at all, save for a couple of games.
I'm past defending this squad now, it's time they started defending themselves by proving their points and worth out on the pitch.

Franck Stanton
18-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Midfield is, and has been for some time, definately our problem area, we dont have a ball-winner/spoiler, a "midfield general" if you like, no-one with the natural skill of a Zemmamma/Taoul and needs to be sorted asap

Cropley10
18-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I listened to the game on the radio - from about 18 mins in, I was piecing the Hibs team together based on John Barnes' commentary.

It was 41 mins before I got the last player - Rankin. And he's one of the players we can expect to be offered a new contract. Sad days.

Alfred E Newman
18-12-2010, 07:11 PM
We are so painfully slow throughout the team that it is difficult to see how Calderwood can change things for the better in such a short time. As for De Graaf he has been a total waste of a wage.
At the end of last season we all agreed we needed some power and drive in midfield and what did we get? This joker.
It is hard to see what he brings to the side that the very ordinary Stevenson, Thicot or Hanlon wouldn`t have brought at a fraction of the cost.

PaulSmith
18-12-2010, 07:33 PM
We've not had a midfield since 2007 CIS team was dismantled and sold

ronaldo7
18-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I listened to the game on the radio - from about 18 mins in, I was piecing the Hibs team together based on John Barnes' commentary.

It was 41 mins before I got the last player - Rankin. And he's one of the players we can expect to be offered a new contract. Sad days.

Don't think so:cool2:

Removed
18-12-2010, 07:48 PM

I'm not expecting it tbh

cad
18-12-2010, 07:48 PM
If the games could be cancelled to then end of Jan that would suit me fine .
Get Colins players in and see what happens .
I used to love going to watch the Hibs come what may now Im not fussed
,by the time Ive taken my seat the blood preasure is up at what Im watching
For some a 15 foot pass is beyond them ,offsides another mystery ,its all been said before roll on Jan and the clear oot .

Wotherspiniesta
18-12-2010, 07:53 PM
We need more pace on the wings. Rankin, De Graaf or Wotherspoon are not quick enough to play on the wings.I rate Spoony, but I think he'd be more suited in a central role.

A midfield of:

............................................Bamba/Stephens?.................................

....................................Spoony........ ............Miller............................

New RW (Sproule?)........................................ ....................... Galbraith

would be ideal for playing a 4-5-1. Creativity, pace and strength.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 07:56 PM
We need more pace on the wings. Rankin, De Graaf or Wotherspoon are not quick enough to play on the wings.I rate Spoony, but I think he'd be more suited in a central role.

A midfield of:

............................................Bamba/Stephens?.................................

....................................Spoony........ ............Miller............................

New RW (Sproule?)........................................ ....................... Galbraith

Yip more pace i agree 100%, but Galbraith aint the answer imo.

Dirkster23
18-12-2010, 07:58 PM

A midfield of:

I've not seen enough from Galbraith to think he's ready to play every week and improve the team.

Wotherspiniesta
18-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Yip more pace i agree 100%, but Galbraith aint the answer imo.

He's the only one in the entire squad with any pace though. He may be a bit inexperienced, but he's direct. Won us a couple of penalties also.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 08:04 PM
He's the only one in the entire squad with any pace though. He may be a bit inexperienced, but he's direct. Won us a couple of penalties also.

Yes he's pace, and again yes he's just about the only forward player in the entire squad with any, but imo i'd rather a better player than he has shown so far in the side.

Dirkster23
18-12-2010, 08:05 PM

It's true he's one of the few in the squad with pace, but he's looked better coming off the bench to me. When he starts he never seems to get into game at all.

Wotherspiniesta
18-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Yes he's pace, and again yes he's just about the only forward player in the entire squad with any, but imo i'd rather a better player than he has shown so far in the side.

Well, he'd be my choice on the wing for now :aok:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, he'd be my choice on the wing for now :aok:

Thats the problem, we would just be replacing one player not good enough, with another.:boo hoo:

3pm
18-12-2010, 10:26 PM
They are all pish.

sesoim
18-12-2010, 11:14 PM
We've not had a midfield since 2007 CIS team was dismantled and sold

:agree: Succinct and correct answer.

SouthamptonHibs
19-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Rankin is terrible, Wotherspoon is a young lad but doesn't look thant great, macbride is a crab, miller got sent off and De Graaf could be the worst attacking midfielder ever.... i'm from the era that my hero was Pat Maginley and he was a decent player that cost the best part of nowt.....

CC will clean us up if Rod supports him a club the size of Hibs where we r is embarrasing, we've been under achieving for 135 years now...come on the cabbage have some belief...... as they said in that movie "if you build it they will come" PS and i@m not talking about stadium.......

hail hail

silverhibee
19-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Our whole midfield are crap, including Liam Miller, was that his second red card this season,? if CC changed the whole midfield for Wednesday it wouldn't surprise me they were that bad.
And dont get me started on our left and right backs, woeful, i had high hopes of Hart when wee signed him but he just isn't good enough.

Hibee_Rab
19-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Midfield is, and has been for some time, definately our problem area, we dont have a ball-winner/spoiler, a "midfield general" if you like, no-one with the natural skill of a Zemmamma/Taoul and needs to be sorted asap

So we just need a morrocan in the team and we'll be fine :greengrin

Albion Hibs
19-12-2010, 08:29 AM

What a load of rubbish you talk!

Yet again did not see the game yet feel you are in the know enough to talk about it.

Our midfield was far better than Killies yesterday. Murray played very well as did Miller. Your lack of knowledge is further compounded by the fact that Wotherpoon is talking away praise from you. If you would rather have Wotherspoon in the team than murray you are kidding yourself.

All IMO of course.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2010, 11:05 AM
What a load of rubbish you talk!

Yet again did not see the game yet feel you are in the know enough to talk about it.

Our midfield was far better than Killies yesterday. Murray played very well as did Miller. Your lack of knowledge is further compounded by the fact that Wotherpoon is talking away praise from you. If you would rather have Wotherspoon in the team than murray you are kidding yourself.

All IMO of course.

Yes we controlled the midfield again, out passed them and looked like Brazil the way they tore them apart. Our silky passing and one two's between Murray and De Graff was a joy to see. I cant understand Gaelic, but i think they were full of praise for the way Murray won every challenge fairly, came out with the ball and drove forward with pace and guile, opening up the killie defense with precision passing. They also commented on how good De Graff was at getting from box to box, breaking up the play, sprinting forward at breathtaking speed, to have shot after shot on goal.

Rankin had another blinder, looking again like the player Man United signed as a youngster.

I agree Miller played well, he's the only one who deserves a place in that midfield, although once again Wotherspoon is played on the left, but still is a better player than the other 3, and will get even better with better players than he currently has helping him just now.

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Any need to bring Macar into this, your comment is in poor taste?

Removed
19-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Macar can see a lot more than we give him credit for. But yes he is totally blind.

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Macar can see a lot more than we give him credit for.

Don't know about that but the comment was still in poor taste

Removed
19-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Don't know about that but the comment was still in poor taste

That's one for BH. It would take a lot more than that to offend Macar.

I edited my post you quoted just in case of confusion.

Winston Ingram
19-12-2010, 11:44 AM

If Rankin gets a new deal I'll not be renewing.

I can't believe I've paid money to watch that fud shank, sclaff and duff the baw around ER.

A truly woeful player:taxi

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2010, 11:53 AM

As someone who knows Macar, and has shared a joke many times, even about his blindness and his fetishes, i'm sure he wont bat an eyelid :faf: over my jibe. To be fair, i have a lot more poor taste jokes i could tell you, maybe i could PM them to you? :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
19-12-2010, 11:54 AM

its official, we are pash :agree:

Albion Hibs
19-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes we controlled the midfield again, out passed them and looked like Brazil the way they tore them apart. Our silky passing and one two's between Murray and De Graff was a joy to see. I cant understand Gaelic, but i think they were full of praise for the way Murray won every challenge fairly, came out with the ball and drove forward with pace and guile, opening up the killie defense with precision passing. They also commented on how good De Graff was at getting from box to box, breaking up the play, sprinting forward at breathtaking speed, to have shot after shot on goal.

Rankin had another blinder, looking again like the player Man United signed as a youngster.

I agree Miller played well, he's the only one who deserves a place in that midfield, although once again Wotherspoon is played on the left, but still is a better player than the other 3, and will get even better with better players than he currently has helping him just now.

Thought you had now had the chance to watch the game on tv / highlights. I have not had the chance to see it again, but my take on it at the time was we were much better than Killie for a large part of the game. Our midfield I felt was better than theres. Murray plays as a defensive midfielder and I thought he did his job very well, I think you are looking for a £5m player that will win the ball, turn, run the length of the field and thread a pass through the eye of a needle. He did much of that yesterday but it does not help when our players up front spend half the game hiding.

De Graff made the wrong decision at a key point in the second half and was stupid to get caught off side in the first.

As for your view on Wotherspoon, not yesterday he wasnt and he has not shown that he is better at any stage so far this season. So dont agree with that and have no idea what you are basing it on?

As you know I generally have little time for your view on games / highlights, this is no exception IMO.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Thought you had now had the chance to watch the game on tv / highlights. I have not had the chance to see it again, but my take on it at the time was we were much better than Killie for a large part of the game. Our midfield I felt was better than theres. Murray plays as a defensive midfielder and I thought he did his job very well, I think you are looking for a £5m player that will win the ball, turn, run the length of the field and thread a pass through the eye of a needle. He did much of that yesterday but it does not help when our players up front spend half the game hiding.

De Graff made the wrong decision at a key point in the second half and was stupid to get caught off side in the first.

As for your view on Wotherspoon, not yesterday he wasnt and he has not shown that he is better at any stage so far this season. So dont agree with that and have no idea what you are basing it on?

As you know I generally have little time for your view on games / highlights, this is no exception IMO.

Snap.

Cropley10
21-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't think so:cool2:

I'm not expecting it tbh

Maybe it's reverse psychology on my part.... but what is telling is that he's started for Collins, Mixu, Yogi and now Coco. By all accounts he's a 'model pro' and must be a fantastic trainer, the kind of guy who might get a new contract due to this work ethic.

If anyone knows different please PM me:wink:

BEEJ
21-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe it's reverse psychology on my part.... but what is telling is that he's started for Collins, Mixu, Yogi and now Coco. By all accounts he's a 'model pro' and must be a fantastic trainer, the kind of guy who might get a new contract due to this work ethic.

If anyone knows different please PM me:wink:
If this is Rankin we're talking about, he wasn't signed until after Collins left.

Hamish
21-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Snap.

Take it Christmas cards haven't been exchanged?

Hamish
21-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Due to various commitments this means Sunday will be my first visit to ER this season. Looking forward to it immensely after all the positive comments on this and other threads:hmmm:

Scotthibs1875
21-12-2010, 07:45 PM
If you watch the highlights, Murray is sleeping as Liam Kelly runs straight past him and is unmarked running into the box. Very p!sh from Murray but i don't think he is great in midfield but because we are terrible atm, there is no one who could replace him!

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2010, 08:54 PM
If you watch the highlights, Murray is sleeping as Liam Kelly runs straight past him and is unmarked running into the box. Very p!sh from Murray but i don't think he is great in midfield but because we are terrible atm, there is no one who could replace him!

If Ian Murray is the future, we are in deep trouble. Very little ability, but he can kick folk now and again. That constitutes a good player for some apparently.