PDA

View Full Version : Memories of Christmas past

sunshine1875
18-12-2010, 09:57 AM
"There were 26,000 at Easter Road and it could be asked whether it was wise to play such an attractive fixture on Christmas Day. Family commitments almost certainly cut at least 10,000 off the potential ''gate''."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Was-it-wise-to-play.6664864.jp

Anyone at the game?

I also like post 3 on the Scotsman's website:

I was at this game standing next to a 'very weel kent' Hibs supporter, who ended up getting (wrongly) lifted for breach of the peace by Edinburgh's finest and spent Christmas night in the High Street.

Althugh it caused much merriment in the Hibsclub at the thought of this person missing out on his Christmas pud..it must be said that his not guilty pleas was backed by 23 witnesses and the case was dismissed.

clearly mistaken identity..but it was difficult to argue who he was mistake for as he is one of a kind.

And yes, he's still about now if you pop into Summyside.

snooky
18-12-2010, 10:40 AM
"There were 26,000 at Easter Road and it could be asked whether it was wise to play such an attractive fixture on Christmas Day. Family commitments almost certainly cut at least 10,000 off the potential ''gate''."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Was-it-wise-to-play.6664864.jp

Anyone at the game?

I also like post 3 on the Scotsman's website:

I was at this game standing next to a 'very weel kent' Hibs supporter, who ended up getting (wrongly) lifted for breach of the peace by Edinburgh's finest and spent Christmas night in the High Street.

Althugh it caused much merriment in the Hibsclub at the thought of this person missing out on his Christmas pud..it must be said that his not guilty pleas was backed by 23 witnesses and the case was dismissed.

clearly mistaken identity..but it was difficult to argue who he was mistake for as he is one of a kind.

And yes, he's still about now if you pop into Summyside.

Interesting that Rangers winning goal was controversial.
Now there's a rare occurrence. :yawn:

fatbloke
18-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Remember it well and yes we should have murdered them.

heretoday
19-12-2010, 01:37 AM
I was there.

Another disaster was the late penalty in another game in the same era at ER v the Huns when wee John McDonald went down like Fonteyn in the box and Rangers won.