PDA

View Full Version : Heard it!

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 05:38 PM
EEN tonight Paul Hanlon "warms to the task", CC "Hibs straining at the leash". Once again as in most of the previous 15 or so weeks player(s) or manager in the media telling us how we are ready to rule the world only come most Sat/Sun we are like lambs to the slaughter.

Memo to all at ER shut the f*** up and do your talking where it matters.

That is all.

scoopyboy
17-12-2010, 05:50 PM
EEN tonight Paul Hanlon "warms to the task", CC "Hibs straining at the leash". Once again as in most of the previous 15 or so weeks player(s) or manager in the media telling us how we are ready to rule the world only come most Sat/Sun we are like lambs to the slaughter.

That is all.

then you will mump about no news coming out the club.

get yourself to killie.

Hibercelona
17-12-2010, 06:02 PM

That is all.

:top marks

Its becoming beyond a joke now. :agree:

get yourself to killie.

If they are going to spout out news, they should at least stick to the facts.

I'd much rather hear them coming out and saying "we're gash, most of us arent working hard enough or fit enough for the Hibs jersey. Expect massive changes in January".

Now that would be something worth hearing. :agree:

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 06:18 PM

get yourself to killie.

Sadly not an option got to be back in PS at 6pm to take foster kid to Xmas Party.:boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Aw ah ask is that the lads gie it a right good go.

Sumner
17-12-2010, 07:05 PM
:top marks for this thread, to bull****ting players, a real case of

"Stop me if you think you've heard this one before" :yawn:

MSK
17-12-2010, 07:16 PM

That is all.Aw wind yer neck in ffs ..its been happening for years ..players speak tae the press pre match ..bum the game up ..get over it ...:bitchy:

marinello59
17-12-2010, 07:21 PM

That is all.

Latest news, Man gets angry in empty room at nothing.

Wotherspiniesta
17-12-2010, 08:29 PM
The players should be feeling positive.

This is the longest we've gone unbeaten all season.

Let the good times roll :thumbsup::clapper:

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Latest news, Man gets angry in empty room at nothing.

Not angry just fed up.

Memo to all at ER shut the f*** up and do your talking where it matters. Quite reasonable request methinks.

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Aw wind yer neck in ffs ..its been happening for years ..players speak tae the press pre match ..bum the game up ..get over it ...:bitchy:

Agree... but most teams go out and play for their own pride if not for the jerseys. Apart from a choice few we do neither. I am over it I just to win every week as that is what I expect.:greengrin

Woody1985
17-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I smell shiiittteeeeee

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I smell shiiittteeeeee

That's cos yer in Gilmerton wi aw they smelly Yam fuds. Move to Leith or come out east beside me loads o Hibbies oot here.:greengrin

MGmick
17-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Completely agree with the op's sentiments. Interesting to notice the only dissenting voices, so far, Scoopy, a man in the know and close to someone. And a couple of admins. Is this the official site now?

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Completely agree with the op's sentiments. Interesting to notice the only dissenting voices, so far, Scoopy, a man in the know and close to someone. And a couple of admins. Is this the official site now?

Nah Scoopy runs ma supporters bus and is just like me Hibee through and through. It's just me, I have been known over the years to be a greetin faced b*****d especially when my Beloved Hibs dinnae win.

nonshinyfinish
17-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I think it is naive in the extreme to expect players/managers to say exactly what they are thinking to the media. Is Calderwood really going to say, 'Aye, we're *****e' and then list the players that he doesn't think are good enough? Of course not. Does he have a list of players that he doesn't think are good enough and wants to shift in January? Of course.

fatbloke
17-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it is naive in the extreme to expect players/managers to say exactly what they are thinking to the media. Is Calderwood really going to say, 'Aye, we're *****e' and then list the players that he doesn't think are good enough? Of course not. Does he have a list of players that he doesn't think are good enough and wants to shift in January? Of course.

I don't think we are keech I think we are just massively underachieving. As I heard at the St J game we have 3 ex Man U players playing and still we cannot look capable of beating most teams. It's maybe just me but I expect Hibs to win every match they play - unrealistic yes - but i still expect it and always have done. In CC I trust.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2010, 11:17 PM
What's this thread about? :confused:

The players have not had a game for weeks.

Of course they're "straining at the leash".

surreyhibbie
17-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Nah Scoopy runs ma supporters bus and is just like me Hibee through and through. It's just me, I have been known over the years to be a greetin faced b*****d especially when my Beloved Hibs dinnae win.

even when they do win, Chas....:wink:

LeithBoozy
17-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Under Yogi we were playing cack, but he was telling the world that we were playing like Brazil and the Dutch. Now that was embarrassing and bizarre IMHO.

scoopyboy
17-12-2010, 11:48 PM

I was simply trying to get the op to Killie on our bus, no hidden agenda.

MGmick
18-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I was simply trying to get the op to Killie on our bus, no hidden agenda.

Happy with that mate. Wasn't having a pop as I am often impressed with your info.

sunshine1875
18-12-2010, 08:06 AM

That is all.

I don't know why you are getting so many negative comments, so far.

Back to topic, I 100% agree with your view that the players must do their talking on the park. Even since Morais "we will be all over them like a rash" resulted in a tame game at Killie or the famous O'Brien "now you will see the real Alan O'Brien" or something like that, I have been getting increasingly fed up with such comments.

Get over it - well yes, it is not a life or death situation, but I hate people who are all talk and no action. I am sure you have seen plenty of them at work!

matty_f
18-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Remember the stick Nish got when he said 95% of fans don't know what they're talking about? How did saying what he really thought go down that time? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I now don't give a toss what any player says. I don't even take any notice of what the manager says now, in fact i sometimes don't even bother reading it now. Its always the same old sheite, although to be fair I'm not sure if i want them to tell me the truth, as they cant really tell me we are crap, and such and such is bloody hopeless.

Dunbar Hibee
18-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Time for the boys to grow a pair and start playing for the shirt. If they don't do that now, then most of them will be off very shortly.

aberhibsfc
18-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Remember the stick Nish got when he said 95% of fans don't know what they're talking about? How did saying what he really thought go down that time? :greengrin

Reminds me of Sex Panther, it works 60% of the time, all the time.

Anyone can throw out a stat like that, I can't remember a footballing questionaire with a SAE to Colin Nish. Did anyone else sit the test? :wink:

greenlex
18-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Players and managers saying this stuff are asked a question. They do t just stoat about like robots spouting this type of line. I am happy enough with what has been said. It's prefferable to we are pish and I don't know when our next win is coming from.
I would await a ten page thread if the truth was quoted by anyone from ER.

marinello59
18-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Perhaps you could tell us what the unofficial line is and we will all agree with that. :agree:

BEEJ
18-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Players and managers saying this stuff are asked a question. They do t just stoat about like robots spouting this type of line. I am happy enough with what has been said. It's prefferable to we are pish and I don't know when our next win is coming from.
I would await a ten page thread if the truth was quoted by anyone from ER.
:agree: I sympathise with the OP, though.

I wish at times they would just say "No comment." or "We'll see if we can answer that one on the park come the weekend." They're just feeding the insatiable media machine, of course, but it's at complete odds with the club's usual philosophy of 'we'll let you know when we've got something to tell you'.

I can't remember the last time it happened, but there have been occasions in the past when Hibs players have been forbidden by the Manager from talking to the press in the midst of a bad set of results. Not a bad idea.

--------
18-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Totally understand the OP's point of view.

But the manager and players have to speak to the press at some point, and bearing in mind that the press maggots are mostly Weegie-biassed and more than ready to twist anything they say into something destructive, and bearing in mind that there are folks on here just waiting to jump on them for the faintest hint of negative thinking....

Damned if they sound confident, damned it they don't.

FWIW, CC's comments on the BBC website about today's game seem to me to be fairly realistic -

"They've (Kilmarnock) had some impressive performances and that's given them the chance of having a very good season. They look very well drilled, from what I've seen of them on video and in match action. They look very effective. They don't get beaten by many goals - I think they're the only team in the league that hasn't lost by more than one goal in any game."

heretoday
18-12-2010, 11:15 AM
It's a waste of time reading the Evening News back pages. You never learn anything and you seldom read anything negative or critical about the club.

Poor old David Hardie has to fill those column inches, bless him! :rolleyes:

fatbloke
18-12-2010, 06:55 PM
even when they do win, Chas....:wink:

You know me too well Brian:greengrin