PDA

View Full Version : Im almost done...

Rasta_Hibs
17-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Im writing the post if anyone cares to read it.

But i am almost done with Scottish football. Its only my genuine true love for Hibs thats keeping me as it is. Im fed up with the people that run the game and have run it into the ground. Im fed up at the old firm domination/corruption with nothing being said or done about it.

Im fed up with Glasgow calling the shots, im fed up with the thought of a ten team league. Im fed up with Clubs like dunfermline, raith, dundee, partick being frozen out of our top flight and basically killed off by the top flights greed.

I didnt ever think i would see the day but if this ten team proposal goes through then im afraid thats it. I will always hold Hibs dearest to my heart i love them to bits but the game in Scotland has sucked the enthusiasm for it right out me.

The standerds have fallen massivly and the prices went the opposite direction.

The game has been run into the ground by the selfish self servence of the game. Dictated by finance when the footballing men voice is not listened to.

Im almost done! :(

bawheid
17-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Could have written it word for word mate.

Money money money...that's what it's all about, rather than the product. What we need is a league of 16 with whatever TV deal that can attract, with clubs paying players what they can afford. A correction in the market; an improvement in the competition; a higher quality product.

The OF clearly want to maximise revenue so that they can compete in Europe, but they're pissing in the wind and the sooner they realise it the better. The only way Scottish clubs will start competing again is by producing top quality players, not by scraping an extra couple of million each out of Sky.

EskbankHibby
17-12-2010, 04:29 PM

But i am almost done with Scottish football. Its only my genuine true love for Hibs thats keeping me as it is. Im fed up with the people that run the game and have run it into the ground. Im fed up at the old firm domination/corruption with nothing being said or done about it.

Im fed up with Glasgow calling the shots, im fed up with the thought of a ten team league. Im fed up with Clubs like dunfermline, raith, dundee, partick being frozen out of our top flight and basically killed off by the top flights greed.

I didnt ever think i would see the day but if this ten team proposal goes through then im afraid thats it. I will always hold Hibs dearest to my heart i love them to bits but the game in Scotland has sucked the enthusiasm for it right out me.

The game has been run into the ground by the selfish self servence of the game. Dictated by finance when the footballing men voice is not listened to.

Lot to agree with there mate but do you not feel your malaise has something to do with our own poor form/position?

It has with me, when Hibs are not so good my default setting/coping mechanism is apathy.

Scottish football has been pish and corrupt for years but it's results of our team that affect me. It's the same with the bloodied turd coloured ones across the city, still a horrible club run by a loony followed by deluded fuds but they have won 6 in a row so all is well.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Totally agree mate.

For me, its obvious that they incapable of meaningful change - basically the OF will stop anything happening that disadvantages them so will always block change and the other clubs (i include Hibs in that) dont have the guts to cut the apron strings.

So i think if the clus are going to be ultra-rational in how they appraoch the game, then its time we as fans started doing likewise. Ill start making rational decisions about footall like they do, which has already seen me make the rational decision that i no longer want to travel to away games to watch crap football, with no atmosphere and pay the thick end of £40 for the privilege.

I think next year i will make the rational decision not to have season ticket when i dont nejoy going to games that are live on TV anyway, and if the OF gate money is all clubs are interested in, then by me choosing not to go to these games, i might help to disincentivise them by staying away - they are crap now anyway, no atmosphere whatsoever (and i hate to say it but the new stand has killed some of the enjoyment for me despite the best efforts of the singing section which i think are doign a grand job).

Im thinking if Scottish football is now a business then fine, but it can be a real business in live in the real world where they have rational customers making rational decisions - and it can be up to them to make me want to give them my money.

Im sick of having my love for a club used against me by unscrupulous or incompetent and complacent wan@@@s who have presided over the demise of Scottish football, and sat in their committees discussing it for the last 20 years.

Of course ill still support Hibs, and i expect i will still go to most home games, but if im to be a consumer then i want to use my power as a consumer to force change, the same way that i would with any other 'product'.

To be honest (and im not trying to have a dig) i dont think change is possible while too many fans hide behind blind loyalty - if you want change force it through, its time to stop moaning about the state of htings and actually take a stand.

Apologies for the rant, although its been ocming for a while.

(and PS this isnt about Hibs, as crap as we undounbtedly are i have watched many crap Hibs teams and im actually fairly positive about CC and DA)

Rasta_Hibs
17-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree!

I have watched Hibs being relegated, i have seen us fail time and time again. None of that effects the way i feel about Hibs. They are are part of me Im a Hibee full stop.

Its everything you have said Southside Harp!

**** it home time"!

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Saddest thread I have seen on this site.

Usually I would be very critical of posts like these, but the truth is that there are just too many of them now. Not just in this thread but others on the board.

It is incredibly fustrating that the powers that be in OUR game seem to be either blind to the overwhelming feeling against a top 10 or worse are deliberately ignoring it.

It makes me very sad that it would appear to be the case that disasterously low crowds for a lot of ( what should be ) big games over the next few years will be the only thing that will bring them to their senses.

Nobody is pretending that there will be crowds of over 7,000 in a 16 team league for games like Hamilton v Inverness or St Mirren v Falkirk etc, but that is acceptable if Dundee Utd v Aberdeen has 11,000 or Hibs v Dunfermline has 14,000.

But Hibs v Dundee Utd with 7,000 or Hearts v Aberdeen with 9,000 and gradually even less hopefully will make them realise how wrong they were.

Sad, sad, sad that it may have to come to that and if it does will there be any way back ? !!!

:boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm close to throwing in the towel myself. The OF will run football into the ground, and then make an SOS to any league that will take them. Why should we go along with the pretence of competing any more.

I honestly think we should tell them to bolt and get our own OF free league running asap. The only sorry thing is we have waited ten years and things have gotten worse in the meantime.

snooky
17-12-2010, 06:37 PM
It would be interesting if someone could organise a poll on our website and also get the rest of the SPL fan websites to do the same.
"Do you want a ten team league?" Yes or No

The combined results gathered would be most interesting.

My guess ...
1) 5% Yes - 95% No (excluding OF votes)
2) 25% Yes - 75% No (including OF votes)

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Why are the fans not organized ?

Can somebody not start an organisation like:

' The non Old Firm fans congress '

In this case the reason I would exclude OF fans is not for any of the usual reasons, but because I feel that because of their clubs dominance of the league and the fact that they are guaranteed to see European football every year, the factors which make a larger league such a must for the vast majority of the rest of us do not apply to them.

I as a run of the mill type supporter do not have the contacts, influence or facilities to even begin to get such an organisation up and running. But surely somebody out there reading this does.

There has to be some sort of meeting at which fans representatives of every league club from Aberdeen to Stranraer get together and come up with a consensus of what we as supporters actually want from Scottish football.

When consensus is finally reached they then take it to the SPL / SFL and the media.

Practically every club in Scotland has a supporters club. Why cant they get together and present a united front at least on the subjects which affect all of us as supporters. Sure they will not be representing the views of every supporter, but it will be as near as we can get and at least they will have some idea of what we want.

At the moment it looks to me like all we seem to do is post our dissatisfaction on fans forums and by phoning Jim Traynor on a Saturday evening.

Can we not do better than that :bitchy:

heretoday
17-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Hibs are on a bad slope at the moment and that clouds my feelings for the Scottish game because I'm only interested in Hibs.

Remember the fantastic teams we had only ten years ago under McLeish and under Mowbray/Collins more recently?

Well that will happen again and things won't look so bad. :wink:

BEEJ
17-12-2010, 10:48 PM
It would be interesting if someone could organise a poll on our website and also get the rest of the SPL fan websites to do the same.
"Do you want a ten team league?" Yes or No

The combined results gathered would be most interesting.

My guess ...
1) 5% Yes - 95% No (excluding OF votes)
2) 25% Yes - 75% No (including OF votes)
I suggest that we all complete the survey here, set up by Supporters Direct Scotland:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/scottishfootball

If enough folks do it, the results could be quite interesting.

RIP
17-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Scottish Football is crap - compared to what?

What other football do you go to watch on a Saturday

Or is this the real start of TV fitba making some folk disatisfied with our own game

If so maybe you should stay home and watch EPL or Serie A

jackhfc
18-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Scottish Football is crap - compared to what? it used to be

What other football do you go to watch on a Saturday? Some people could play instead of watch?

Or is this the real start of TV fitba making some folk disatisfied with our own game? yes

:hnet:

snooky
18-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I suggest that we all complete the survey here, set up by Supporters Direct Scotland:

Great stuff. Thanks for the link. I've filled in the form and asked them to make sure the SFA & SPL see the results of their poll.

patlowe
18-12-2010, 02:04 AM
The only way this league can regain respectability is if they create a system whereby teams play each other twice a season. It is an absolute joke that teams play each other four times and are financially dependent on it. It's even more farcical that any change has to be supported by 11 votes - why was this system (which only benefits the Old Firm) agreed to?

Why does a league with 10 teams and a relegation play-off sound familiar? Oh yeah, it's because it's exactly what we had before!

Lets accept our level in the game and create a competitive 16 team league. It won't be perfect, we might lose some money initially, but our national game will be better for it. It seems like the SFA/SFL/SPL/clubs are happier to get by than to address the real issues. Show some balls, bite the bullet and make our league respectable again.

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Scottish Football is crap - compared to what?

What other football do you go to watch on a Saturday

Or is this the real start of TV fitba making some folk disatisfied with our own game

:top marks

I couldn't agree more with this. There is no doubt that live televised matches from the EPL and Spain and Germany have coloured Scottish fans idea of the standard of football we see in the SPL.

No it is not as good, and sometimes it is rank, but that is why for instance the average EPL player is on £40,000 per week and outside of the OF in Scotland most players are on less ( sometimes a lot less ) than £3,000 per week.

But having said that, the standard in the SPL could be better and that is something to aim for. In my opinion that is why a 16 team SPL with play offs and the like to maintain interest at the bottom is required.

As I and others have posted before. Invite the top teams from Ireland into group stages of a re vamped League cup to make up the games and Bobs yer uncle.

WHY are the folk running our game incapable of thinking out of the box.

Have a look at ' the old firm myth ' thread I am about to post which relates to the above.

marinello59
18-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Hibs are on a bad slope at the moment and that clouds my feelings for the Scottish game because I'm only interested in Hibs.

Remember the fantastic teams we had only ten years ago under McLeish and under Mowbray/Collins more recently?

Well that will happen again and things won't look so bad. :wink:

I would have agreed with this a couple of years ago. Now I ain't so sure. I really can't see me renewing next years season tickets, it will be pay at the gate for me. With what it costs to renew I could take the family away for a couple of weekends to take in a top Euro game. Scottish football is in it's death throes, the proposed new league structure will finish it off for all but the OF fans.

Mikey
18-12-2010, 11:28 AM
With what it costs to renew I could take the family away for a couple of weekends to take in a top Euro game.

Or two games in Germany.

:wink:

Woody1985
18-12-2010, 11:29 AM

Done.

Could you start a thread with this link as sometimes things like this get lost in threads.

As many people should fill this in as possible. Not that it'll matter but it's worth a try.

matty_f
18-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Could have written it word for word mate.

Money money money...that's what it's all about, rather than the product. What we need is a league of 16 with whatever TV deal that can attract, with clubs paying players what they can afford. A correction in the market; an improvement in the competition; a higher quality product.

The OF clearly want to maximise revenue so that they can compete in Europe, but they're pissing in the wind and the sooner they realise it the better. The only way Scottish clubs will start competing again is by producing top quality players, not by scraping an extra couple of million each out of Sky.
Spot on. we need the clubs to stop paying more than they can afford and turn to producing genuinely world class scottish talent. It is the only way we have a chance of competing in europe and internationally.
A ten team league would only increase self preservation and would seriously limit young players' prospects of developing.

marinello59
18-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Or two games in Germany.

:wink:

And you get to stand. :greengrin

Mikey
18-12-2010, 12:21 PM
And you get to stand. :greengrin

And drink beer :cool2:

Franck Stanton
18-12-2010, 12:41 PM

You are most definately not alone mate, I have been a s/t holder for past 50-odd years and prior to this season starting thought long & hard before finally listening to my heart and did renew. Regretting my stupidity now though, this is DEFINATELY my last season, the keek on show is, quite frankly not good enough.

Expecting Rain
18-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Your`e spot on mate and not the only one who feels this way, i`ve went from being a season ticket holder to paying at the gate. I`m hanging on at the moment and that is not because of the current form ( it doesn`t help ) .
I don`t go to watch results but to be entertained, the result is the icing on the cake, i could stay at home and manage Barcelona on the pc if that was all that mattered.

davehiby
18-12-2010, 02:54 PM

i posted this survey link on facebook to get it out to more people maybe others could do likewise 'no to 10 team league'

Dinkydoo
18-12-2010, 03:35 PM

I've completed it as well