Huns get Sporting Lisbon.

superfurryhibby
17-12-2010, 12:39 PM

C'mon the hoops!!

DH1875
17-12-2010, 12:40 PM
C'mon the Verde brancos:thumbsup:.

Wish it was us. Lisbon is an amazing place.

M11BMO
17-12-2010, 12:50 PM

End of the european road for the Huns. :bye:

Ritchie
17-12-2010, 12:51 PM
End of the european road for the Huns. :bye:

really??:confused:

i think thats a winnable tie!

easty
17-12-2010, 12:53 PM

It is winnable, and I hope Rangers go through.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Tough one for me, both Sparta and Liverpool are my teams.

M11BMO
17-12-2010, 01:19 PM

It is winnable but personally I don't think they'll go through.

Dunbar Hibee
17-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Winnable yes, but I hope they get ****in pumped

GreenCastle
17-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Why ?

So they can destroy more places like Manchester ? :confused::grr:

The Old Firm.... the poison of Scottish Football :agree:

easty
17-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Why ?

So they can destroy more places like Manchester ? :confused::grr:

The Old Firm.... the poison of Scottish Football :agree:

Because I want to see Scottish players do well in European competition.

I don't like Rangers as a club, I don't like the fans, I don't even like all the Scottish players they have on a personal level.....but I'd rather a team featuring Scots progressed in Europe rather than a team from Portugal.

George Clooney
17-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Because I want to see Scottish players do well in European competition.

I don't like Rangers as a club, I don't like the fans, I don't even like all the Scottish players they have on a personal level.....but I'd rather a team featuring Scots progressed in Europe rather than a team from Portugal.

I normally feel like that as the match is about to kick off, but 20 seconds in "When the Cry is No Surrender" is being belted out, I switch my allegiance immediately!

easty
17-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I normally feel like that as the match is about to kick off, but 20 seconds in "When the Cry is No Surrender" is being belted out, I switch my allegiance immediately!

I don't think that in thier heads the players are singing along though.

Hibee Daz
17-12-2010, 03:27 PM

**** the huns I hope they get papped from Lisbon, why anybody other than a Hun would want them too win is beyond me. If they go on a run in Europe they stand to make more dosh thus postponing their financial demise! The less cash these ***** have, the slacker their strangle hold on Scottish fooball becomes and the quicker this happens the better!:grr:

easty
17-12-2010, 03:42 PM
**** the huns I hope they get papped from Lisbon, why anybody other than a Hun would want them too win is beyond me. If they go on a run in Europe they stand to make more dosh thus postponing their financial demise! The less cash these ***** have, the slacker their strangle hold on Scottish fooball becomes and the quicker this happens the better!:grr:

If Rangers do well in Europe then -

Our coeffiecient, as a nation, gets better...meaning we might have more of a chance of playing in Europe.

The standard of player willing to play in the SPL will, hopefully, get better.....maybe a few more Eremenko types coming over. Which could lead to better football on offer, which in turn could lead to more money from sponsors of the league/TV money.

It gives players from our national side a chance to play at a higher level which is good for our national sides future.

But then who am I to let logic get in the way of nonsensical ramblings .....:rolleyes:

I must be a secret Hun.:cool2:

GreenCastle
17-12-2010, 03:49 PM
If Rangers do well in Europe then -

Our coeffiecient, as a nation, gets better...meaning we might have more of a chance of playing in Europe.

The standard of player willing to play in the SPL will, hopefully, get better.....maybe a few more Eremenko types coming over. Which could lead to better football on offer, which in turn could lead to more money from sponsors of the league/TV money.

It gives players from our national side a chance to play at a higher level which is good for our national sides future.

But then who am I to let logic get in the way of nonsensical ramblings .....:rolleyes:

I must be a secret Hun.:cool2:

I don't think Rangers and Celtic being in Europe has done wonders for the SPL and Scottish football for the last 20 years at all.

The state of the game is terrible and these two have become a victim of their own success and the better they do, the further the gap opens between them and the rest of us in the league.

I would rather have Hibs challenging for the league rather than a rich Rangers and Celtic coming 1st and 2nd and Hibs only managing 3rd at best.

easty
17-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't think Rangers and Celtic being in Europe has done wonders for the SPL and Scottish football for the last 20 years at all.

The state of the game is terrible and these two have become a victim of their own success and the better they do, the further the gap opens between them and the rest of us in the league.

I would rather have Hibs challenging for the league rather than a rich Rangers and Celtic coming 1st and 2nd and Hibs only managing 3rd at best.

That's not going to happen. Regardless of how they do in Europe.

Hibee Daz
17-12-2010, 07:51 PM

Right on the money, pardon the pun.:top marks

Hibee Daz
17-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Easty,

Scottish football will not improve so long as the infirm hold the financial clout, they have been snapping up the best talent the SPL has had to offer for years now and in doing this they constantly weaken the opposition whilst they are at it!
When clubs receive big transfer fees they never replace like with like, because most of them are struggling to stay afloat because they cannot get bums on seats, which is caused by the lack of talent on show, this is not nonsense this is a fact!
This vicious circle has been created by the infirms greed, they are a cancer slowly eating away at Scottish fitba.:grr::grr::grr:

BS44
17-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Uncle Wattie is saying they will have to reproduce their 2008 form if they want to beat Sporting. So we can expect more anti-football pish from the hun. Think they won only two of their games and scored somthing like 5 goals in 2008.

GreenCastle
17-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Easty,

Scottish football will not improve so long as the infirm hold the financial clout, they have been snapping up the best talent the SPL has had to offer for years now and in doing this they constantly weaken the opposition whilst they are at it!
When clubs receive big transfer fees they never replace like with like, because most of them are struggling to stay afloat because they cannot get bums on seats, which is caused by the lack of talent on show, this is not nonsense this is a fact!
This vicious circle has been created by the infirms greed, they are a cancer slowly eating away at Scottish fitba.:grr::grr::grr:

:agree:

Well said :top marks

Hibbyradge
17-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Can anyone point out a league which has benefited from it's biggest teams getting poorer and poorer?

Real Madrid and Barcelona are the richest, and best, clubs in Spain. By a long way. Would La Liga really be better if Real and Barca were horsed out of Europe at an early stage?

Should the EPL look to handicap the top 4/5 teams in England to give others a chance? Would the standard improve if Blackburn or Wigan had a better chance of winning the title?

I'm with Easty.

james62
18-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Just thinking about the comparison between a thread on here now and the one with this title 5 months ago :( For all those that were in Maribor how good was the trip despite the result?

Hibee Daz
18-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Can anyone point out a league which has benefited from it's biggest teams getting poorer and poorer?

Real Madrid and Barcelona are the richest, and best, clubs in Spain. By a long way. Would La Liga really be better if Real and Barca were horsed out of Europe at an early stage?

Should the EPL look to handicap the top 4/5 teams in England to give others a chance? Would the standard improve if Blackburn or Wigan had a better chance of winning the title?

I'm with Easty.

IMO if every team had a chance of winning their domestic title, then surely all the teams would thrive financially, as more fans would go along to watch their team! If a league becomes more competitive does that not make it a more entertaining one?
I genuinely think standard of football on display would improve if the so called lesser teams where able to compete, the overall standard would have too be better would it not?

GreenCastle
18-12-2010, 04:45 PM

I'm with Easty.

Can you say leagues benefit from the top teams getting more rich ?

The gap widens and the domestic league becomes predictable.

Although a Barcelona fan - I know other teams in Spain are finding it a real problem right now as the gap between Madrid / Barca and the rest is growing - due to them sorting out their own personal t.v deals.

Gordon463
18-12-2010, 07:59 PM
:confused:
C'mon the hoops!!

Removed
18-12-2010, 08:00 PM
:confused:

Sporting play in green/white hoops

Saorsa
18-12-2010, 08:10 PM
C'mon Sporting :flag: **** the huns