PDA

View Full Version : Boos won't stop Colin Nish's Hibs dreams

Reaper
16-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Just read on Sky text that big Nishy says in an interview that he will continue to give his all and try his best for Hibs, loves pulling on the green and white shirt and will lap up his every minute in a Hibs shirt, EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS AND EXPECTS what's coming before the game starts .................................well you know what, the next time the big man plays, I'm going to stand and applaud him.........I'm not against people giving him stick if that's their thing, up to them.................Do I think he's of sufficient standard to improve Hibs, No, Do I think his time at the club is drawing to an end, yes.........................................He's not the best BUT there's others with more talent than he'll ever have and if those premadonna's gave his effort every week, we'd be sitting alot higher up the league. Nishy gets stick, fair enough at times but when a hibs player turns around and says he knows/expects the Hibs fans to give him stick befoe the game even starts, I think it's sad to be honest. SO, why will I cheer him??????

quite simply, cos he's a HIBBY.

Stick in Nishy................East Stand, Row Z, Seat 128.

markom127
16-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Colin Nish said today "The taunts and boos won't stop my dream of playing for Hibs"

Although Nish isn't the best all the players need to think the same thing as him

jackhfc
16-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Thats all it will ever be from now on hopefully, a dream

Removed
16-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Here we go again :rolleyes:

markom127
16-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Thats all it will ever be from now on hopefully, a dream

I know Nish is terrible right now but he tries his hardest almost every game so it will

hopefully take only a goal to put him back on form.

Removed
16-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Can we give it a rest guys ffs. This has already been done to death numerous times :bitchy:

Do you all get some perverse thrill from it?

easty
16-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I know Nish is terrible right now but he tries his hardest almost every game so it will

hopefully take only a goal to put him back on form.

I don't think he does. Not trying hard enough is one of the things that bothers me about him.

We all want him to do well, if he's playing well and scoring goals then that's good for Hibs, but he's isn't doing either.

This has been done to death though....we could maybe do something mental......like support him in the hope that it brings him confidence which in turn brings good performances. Crazy thought.

Twiglet
16-12-2010, 09:23 PM
As someone said in another thread, it's sad what Nish said in that article, that he goes out expecting the boos. It's not good when one of our players, regardless of ability, now feels this is the norm.

Unfortunately, there are Nish dislikers out there who, no matter what he does for the rest of the season, even scoring the winner in the Scottish Cup final, he would still be booed and criticised.

Removed
16-12-2010, 09:26 PM
As someone said in another thread, it's sad what Nish said in that article, that he goes out expecting the boos. It's not good when one of our players, regardless of ability, now feels this is the norm.

Unfortunately, there are Nish dislikers out there who, no matter what he does for the rest of the season, even scoring the winner in the Scottish Cup final, he would still be booed and criticised.

It's bad enough when folk post their views related to facts but that last comment. Don't be silly.

Wotherspiniesta
16-12-2010, 09:27 PM
6 pages.

bighairyfaeleith
16-12-2010, 09:30 PM
They haven't stopped my ****ing nightmares either!!

Hibs90
16-12-2010, 09:31 PM
What is it with Hibs fans that they expect every player's work rate and determination to be outstanding? Mind you if that was the case then John Rankin would be a fan favourite. :greengrin

Twiglet
16-12-2010, 09:37 PM
It's bad enough when folk post their views related to facts but that last comment. Don't be silly.

It might stop them for a game or few, but, for some at least, it would be back to normal very soon. At least, that's the feeling I get sometimes reading these boards.

Twiglet
16-12-2010, 09:39 PM

:rolleyes: I just got what you meant. :foot:

hibbiedon
17-12-2010, 08:47 AM
:top marks
Just read on Sky text that big Nishy says in an interview that he will continue to give his all and try his best for Hibs, loves pulling on the green and white shirt and will lap up his every minute in a Hibs shirt, EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS AND EXPECTS what's coming before the game starts .................................well you know what, the next time the big man plays, I'm going to stand and applaud him.........I'm not against people giving him stick if that's their thing, up to them.................Do I think he's of sufficient standard to improve Hibs, No, Do I think his time at the club is drawing to an end, yes.........................................He's not the best BUT there's others with more talent than he'll ever have and if those premadonna's gave his effort every week, we'd be sitting alot higher up the league. Nishy gets stick, fair enough at times but when a hibs player turns around and says he knows/expects the Hibs fans to give him stick befoe the game even starts, I think it's sad to be honest. SO, why will I cheer him??????

:top marksThats two of us that support Hibs

Hibercelona
17-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't get this "at least he tries" nonsense.

He quite clearly doesn't.

He was a far better player at Killie who scored goals at a consistant level. The league is even poorer in terms of quality now and i can't remember the last time he had a sniff on goal.

Baldy Foghorn
17-12-2010, 10:40 AM

He was a far better player at Killie who scored goals at a consistant level. The league is even poorer in terms of quality now and i can't remember the last time he had a sniff on goal.

So Nish does not try.....???? Do you think every manager he has worked for at Hibs would have noticed that then???:confused:

SMAXXA
17-12-2010, 12:32 PM
What is it with Hibs fans that they expect every player's work rate and determination to be outstanding? Mind you if that was the case then John Rankin would be a fan favourite. :greengrin

I think thats the least we can expect no? :confused:

pacorosssco
17-12-2010, 12:47 PM
nish boo
:boo hoo:

non story . its snowing. needs to play better or leave

simples

Dinkydoo
17-12-2010, 12:52 PM

The bit in bold is actually part of the whole problem IMO. Now I'm not going to play "What came before, chicken or egg" (or in Nish's case, booing or bad performances). What I will say though is that the power of the human mind is on an unmeasurable scale and having this kind of negative mindset feeds your subconscious.

What IMO Nish needs to do is believe in himself, the club and fans and keep plugging away - it's the only way anything is going to improve for the big man at ER, IMO of course.

jackhfc
17-12-2010, 07:47 PM
The bit in bold is actually part of the whole problem IMO. Now I'm not going to play "What came before, chicken or egg" (or in Nish's case, booing or bad performances). What I will say though is that the power of the human mind is on an unmeasurable scale and having this kind of negative mindset feeds your subconscious.

What IMO Nish needs to do is believe in himself, the club and fans and keep plugging away - it's the only way anything is going to improve for the big man at ER, IMO of course.

The bad performances obviously came first, thats the reason he gets boo'd.
His performances have certainly got worse though after the booing started...

Keith_M
17-12-2010, 08:59 PM
That's a good attitude but maybe he should consider stopping the drink for good.

:dunno:

OK, I just re-read the title. :embarrass

:greengrin

Ernie Cobra
17-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I had to re read the heading of the thread.......i thought i read....BOSS wont stop colins dream......SO CC STILL CAN!!

500miles
18-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Colin Nish doesn't try his hardest for Hibs these days. Why should he? He'll still get paid if he doesn't, and he'll still be a target if he does.

There are no rewards left for Colin Nish at Hibs. Time to move on - but some folk should be ashamed of themselves.

RickyS
18-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Colin Nish doesn't try his hardest for Hibs these days. Why should he? He'll still get paid if he doesn't, and he'll still be a target if he does.

There are no rewards left for Colin Nish at Hibs. Time to move on - but some folk should be ashamed of themselves.

not saying I disagree with you, but surely Nish should be ashamed at taking thousands a month for a weekly bambi on ice impression?

500miles
18-12-2010, 09:14 AM
not saying I disagree with you, but surely Nish should be ashamed at taking thousands a month for a weekly bambi on ice impression?

I'm not saying he isn't willing. But the kicking he takes must be soul destroying. He'll exhaust himself all the same, but the motivation just isnt there - it can't be.

Even if he had a "Me versus the world" mentality, the world will always come out on top in a war of attrition.

Limited players like Nish are only effective if they can find it within themselves to go that extra mile, but he looks like a beaten man.

Nish has nothing to be ashamed of. He tried his best, but constant scapegoating - verging on harrassment - has ripped the soul out of him.

marinello59
18-12-2010, 09:37 AM

Maybe he didn't have to listen to 'supporters' like you telling him he wasn't trying/wasn't good enough etc etc etc .