PDA

View Full Version : Far East Movement - Like a G6

Sylar
16-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I was subject to listening to Radio 1 in our lab today and this God-awful excuse for a song came on.

Now, despite it's sheer and utter pi*hness, I feel the need to ask the following - what the hell is a G6?!?!?!?

:grr:

Teo10
16-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I was subject to listening to Radio 1 in our lab today and this God-awful excuse for a song came on.

Now, despite it's sheer and utter pi*hness, I feel the need to ask the following - what the hell is a G6?!?!?!?

It's a plane

Hanny
16-12-2010, 05:13 PM

According to wiki:

"G6" is a reference to the Gulfstream G650.[1] The song is meant to imitate the gangster subculture and the "indulgent lifestyle of jet-setters",[2] with references such as being "fly". It samples Dev's single 'Booty Bounce' which is the hook/chorus.

I've not heard this song, and I really don't think I want to :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2010, 08:19 PM
The various Gulfstream planes are a common reference in hip-hop - the G4 is the most common, by my count. As alluded to in the quote from Wiki, it's part of the innate braggadocio of modern rap (Cristal, 22s, Mac-10s all covered in jewels, etc.) and as such is harmless unless you like to take seriously that which was not cast with serious intent.

This song is a bit pish, however.

Removed
16-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Just had a listen on gtunes. You are correct TSSF. What a load of pish.

Mixu62
16-12-2010, 11:08 PM
It's been in the charts in NZ for ages and it just won't go away. Uttter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter pash. It's a race for the remote to change channel any time it comes on telly.

Ritchie
17-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Worst tune ever!!