PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans urged to stay seated at home matches...

Antifa Hibs
16-12-2010, 12:41 PM
.... or Celtic Park could be shut down.

Acording to the Daily Ranger (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/16/celtic-warn-fans-that-parkhead-faces-closure-if-they-refuse-to-sit-down-during-matches-86908-22787258/) :faf:

I dunno wether to laugh or greet at this. Aberdeen at home should be interesting if some gullable suits at Hibs have read this. Only in the UK....

Pretty Boy
16-12-2010, 12:51 PM
.... or Celtic Park could be shut down.

Acording to the Daily Ranger (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/16/celtic-warn-fans-that-parkhead-faces-closure-if-they-refuse-to-sit-down-during-matches-86908-22787258/) :faf:

I dunno wether to laugh or greet at this. Aberdeen at home should be interesting if some gullable suits at Hibs have read this. Only in the UK....

Read that this morning as well. Absolutely crazy.

I noticed at the Man Utd game during the week that the whole of the Stretford End was standing throughout the 90 minutes. Is the Police threat to close down that part of Old Trafford if fans didn't 'behave' themselves still active?

Cabbage East
16-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Talk about empty threats. Would never happen.

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Methinks this is because Celtc board want to shut up the Green Brigade from embarrassing them again with their political stunts, but don't have the nerve to openly challenge them on those issues. So they look for some nonsense rule in the regulations that achieves the same end without the controversy.

Vini1875
16-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I heard something quite funny from a pal of mine who goes to parkhead. Apparently they (the green brigade) sat reading newspapers for the first twenty minutes of a recent game and made no noise whatsoever. The ground was back to its usual library like atmosphere. On 20 minutes they jumped up and began chanting. Their point obviously to show all who complain about them what it would be like without them.

Politics aside, grounds in Scotland need these sorts of guys to create some noise and atmosphere at games.

DaveF
16-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I heard something quite funny from a pal of mine who goes to parkhead. Apparently they (the green brigade) sat reading newspapers for the first twenty minutes of a recent game and made no noise whatsoever. The ground was back to its usual library like atmosphere. On 20 minutes they jumped up and began chanting. Their point obviously to show all who complain about them what it would be like without them.

Politics aside, grounds in Scotland need these sorts of guys to create some noise and atmosphere at games.

Given the combined intellectual capacity of that mob (as shown in recent spelling episodes) I would imagine the Beano was the 'newspaper' of choice.

K.Marx
16-12-2010, 03:34 PM

:agree: aside from the poppy incident i've been very impressed with what the green brigade have done at celtic park. It's laughable that the powers that be are trying to drive these type of supporters away from stadiums :bitchy:

Beefster
16-12-2010, 03:43 PM
:agree: aside from the poppy incident i've been very impressed with what the green brigade have done at celtic park. It's laughable that the powers that be are trying to drive these type of supporters away from stadiums :bitchy:

Considering they love to belt out a pro-IRA chant or two at every game, I'd suggest they are exactly the type of supporters that Scottish game needs to drive away.

K.Marx
16-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Considering they love to belt out a pro-IRA chant or two at every game, I'd suggest they are exactly the type of supporters that Scottish game needs to drive away.

expected that kind of negative response. Im no supporter of the stuff they sing, but at least they are getting off their ***** and trying to create a better and more colourful atmosphere in stadiums. the report mentions nothing about what they are singing, it is about the fact they are standing, and to threaten to close a stadium because 1-2k fans are standing is ludicrous!

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2010, 03:53 PM
expected that kind of negative response. Im no supporter of the stuff they sing, but at least they are getting off their ***** and trying to create a better and more colourful atmosphere in stadiums. the report mentions nothing about what they are singing, it is about the fact they are standing, and to threaten to close a stadium because 1-2k fans are standing is ludicrous!

Al Capone was done for tax evasion.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
16-12-2010, 03:59 PM

:agree: The Green Brigade makes no positive contribution to the atmosphere at Parkhead whatsoever.

I would rather sit in a library than listen to the stuff they sing about.

Anyway, in terms of the Celtic statement, I agree with Part/Time Supporter. The Celtic board will be doing this to try and drive away the Green Brigade but doing it in such a way that they don't bring up the subject of IRA singing.

There is absolutely no way that Parkhead will ever be shut down because of people standing up.

Posh Swanny
16-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Before the game? Standing is safe.

At half time? Standing is safe.

Minute's silence before the game? Standing is mandatory.

Team just scored a goal and everyone is going mental? Standing is safe.

Metallica belting out Enter Sandman on stage and everyone is going mental? Standing is safe.

Men kicking and throwing an oval-shaped ball about? Standing is safe.

Men kicking a spherical ball about with no goals being scored? Sit down or you all might die.

Just what is it about a round ball in open play that makes standing behind your seat dangerous? I think we should be told.

seanraff07
16-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Metallica belting out Enter Sandman on stage and everyone is going mental? Standing is safe.

Men kicking a spherical ball about with no goals being scored? Sit down or you all might die.

Just what is it about a round ball in open play that makes standing behind your seat dangerous? I think we should be told.

Yep, don't know what the safety issues are with standing..

Joe Baker II
16-12-2010, 04:52 PM

Well said, the reactionary replies from Beefster/Falkirk Hibee were predictable and can be treated with the contempt they deserve. As you say despite the Green Brigade's faults would much rather spend Saturday afternoons in ground with them than Hibs fans like these, even before one brings up the free speech issue.

And look forward to some one saying that is not a surprise as I am a Celtic fan!

K.Marx
16-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Al Capone was done for tax evasion.

:wink:

indeed, but Man U have been given cuts on their away allocation and threatened worse because of their fans refusing to sit...not because they sing sectarian songs.

K.Marx
16-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I would rather sit in a library than listen to the stuff they sing about.

gee wizz when did everyone become so soft :bitchy: i take it you would rather sit in silence at easter road rather than endure the occasional derogatory song about rudi skacel or wallace mercer then?

lEXO
16-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Well said, the reactionary replies from Beefster/Falkirk Hibee were predictable and can be treated with the contempt they deserve. As you say despite the Green Brigade's faults would much rather spend Saturday afternoons in ground with them than Hibs fans like these, even before one brings up the free speech issue.

And look forward to some one saying that is not a surprise as I am a Celtic fan!

If you would much rather sit with people singing the songs they sing maybe you should head to parkhead. The 12th man singing section is trying to raise the atmosphere at ER and i would rather sit with them.I dont know if you are a celtic fan, but i dont think any Hibs fan who dislikes what the green brigade sing or do should be treated with contempt. The same goes for the Huns and Yams who do it as it happens.

hibeedonald
16-12-2010, 05:30 PM
my mates in with the green brigade (he doesn't believe in all the pish just wants to be involved with atmosphere) and he got a letter saying that if he doesn't sit down they will take his ST away.

Brads Laing
16-12-2010, 05:32 PM
:agree:Agreed mate, get them along with the Rangers fans who sing about the irish famine away from scottish football

Sir David Gray
16-12-2010, 05:47 PM
gee wizz when did everyone become so soft :bitchy: i take it you would rather sit in silence at easter road rather than endure the occasional derogatory song about rudi skacel or wallace mercer then?

I'm not particularly a fan of either song, especially the Mercer song, but I don't think they are as bad as singing songs that glorify an organisation that is listed as a terrorist group in this country, and whose members have carried out dozens of deadly attacks on this country over the years.

RIP
16-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm not particularly a fan of either song, especially the Mercer song, but I don't think they are as bad as singing songs that glorify an organisation that is listed as a terrorist group in this country, and whose members have carried out dozens of deadly attacks on this country over the years.

Not just in this country mate - they've done that in England too :agree:

Keith_M
16-12-2010, 07:50 PM

So go, who'd miss you.

:dunno:

Killiehibbie
16-12-2010, 08:00 PM
They want to take all the atmosphere and enjoyment out of the game and have been doing so for years. If they keep this up there will be less and less people going until they finally drive everybody away.

Saorsa
16-12-2010, 08:02 PM
They want to take all the atmosphere and enjoyment out of the game and have been doing so for years. If they keep this up there will be less and less people going until they finally drive everybody away.:agree:

.Sean.
16-12-2010, 08:12 PM

THIS :agree:

Anybody have the e-mail adresses for the twats who run football? This needs sent to them.

Cabbage East
16-12-2010, 08:13 PM

Dozens of deadly attacks on Scotland? Really? I must have missed those. Maybe the Green Brigade drowned out the noise :greengrin

Beefster
16-12-2010, 09:16 PM

I manage to support my team without glorifying a terrorist organisation and find folk that can't manage the same abhorrent. If that upsets you, tough titties.

Antifa Hibs
16-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Who gives a **** what they sing. The fact is fitba fans are being threatened with bans and the club threatened with stadium closures due to fans standing up to watch a game of football.

Scotland (infact britian) must be the most un-fan-friendly country in Europe. See when I tell a few of the Polish lads in work the ****** we have to put up with, they can't believe, find it rather funny TBH...

jonny
16-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I manage to support my team without glorifying a terrorist organisation and find folk that can't manage the same abhorrent. If that upsets you, tough titties.

Are you a hairdresser?

If a proportion of the Celtic fans want to sing a song about Michael being jailed in Britain for stealing some corn in Ireland in 1845 then how does it affect your life?
Likewise, if the Rangers fans want to sing about the Dutch king who ruled Britain for a few years and beat the French in a war in 1690 then how does that affect you?

I go to the football to watch Hibs. I sing and chant pro-Hibs football songs.

I couldn't give a tom t1t about what the fans of opposing teams want to sing. Perhaps my non-sheltered working class upbringing has enabled me to accept that there are ar$eh0les in the world and there's nothing we can do about them other than accept their existence.

jakedance
16-12-2010, 11:08 PM

Nicely put. It makes no sense.

ballengeich
16-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I support this call. Celtic supporters should stay seated at home whenever their team is playing. Why could anyone disagree?

RIP
16-12-2010, 11:49 PM
They tried to stop us standing at ER for the first few games this season IIRC

That didn't last long :greengrin

Calderwoods Green/White Army :flag:

Keith_M
17-12-2010, 07:45 AM
This may have been mentioned before but, just in case...

I think this is all a bluff from John Reid, who wants to find the easy way to weed out the Green Brgade without having to tackle them on the issues he actually objects to. He's afraid of the arguments about freedom of speech, etc, so is finding an excuse. A bit like invading Iraq on the pretense of it having WMDs, I suppose.

Celtc FC = New Labour :greengrin

Beefster
17-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Are you a hairdresser?

If a proportion of the Celtic fans want to sing a song about Michael being jailed in Britain for stealing some corn in Ireland in 1845 then how does it affect your life?
Likewise, if the Rangers fans want to sing about the Dutch king who ruled Britain for a few years and beat the French in a war in 1690 then how does that affect you?

I go to the football to watch Hibs. I sing and chant pro-Hibs football songs.

I couldn't give a tom t1t about what the fans of opposing teams want to sing. Perhaps my non-sheltered working class upbringing has enabled me to accept that there are ar$eh0les in the world and there's nothing we can do about them other than accept their existence.

I am a hairdresser. Looking for a wash and blow-dry? Very cheap prices.

Extend your argument from sectarianism to racism or homophobia. I'm assuming that you'd be equally blase about that?

lEXO
17-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I am a hairdresser. Looking for a wash and blow-dry? Very cheap prices.

Extend your argument from sectarianism to racism or homophobia. I'm assuming that you'd be equally blase about that?

His non sheltered working class background wont allow that. It,s a scottish thing turning a blind eye to this sectarian garbage.It does affect us when they come to ER singing this ****. But lets not let that get in the way of a "man up ffs " patronising post. WTF does your job or class background have to do with anything?

Antifa Hibs
17-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Celtic sing songs that have reference to the IRA in them, the huns with the UVF/UDA and singing songs about the raf and German bomber, they have done for years and will do for years. Who gives a flying ****. Anyone that gets offended by a song needs to get a grip.

GreenCastle
17-12-2010, 01:04 PM

:greengrin:top marks