PDA

View Full Version : Europa League

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Sevilla v. Dortmund is undoubtedly the pick of tonight's games.

Dortmund are 1-0 up and playing some nice stuff. Jurgen Klopp is wearing a cracking black and yellow tartan scarf.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 07:36 PM
1-1.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 07:40 PM
2-1 Sevilla.

No one else watching this, then?

Mibbes Aye
15-12-2010, 07:46 PM
2-1 Sevilla.

No one else watching this, then?

Following your updates, including the bonus extra of Scarfwatch :agree:

Hibbyradge
15-12-2010, 07:50 PM

I thought it was the German version of Rupert the Bear.

Iggy Pope
15-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I thought it was the German version of Rupert the Bear.

I've now tuned in just to see the scarf.

I like scarves.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 07:57 PM

This (http://www.scotlandshop.com/Images/Tartans/Barclay-Dress-Modern-8oz-wool-tartan-swatch_lg.jpg) is close, but it has more black in it.

Kloppo doesn't yet have the kind of effortless touchline elegance that will trouble Joachim Löw, but he is showing real potential.

Unfortunately his side rather fell out of the game after I proclaimed them to be playing well.

Mibbes Aye
15-12-2010, 08:02 PM
This (http://www.scotlandshop.com/Images/Tartans/Barclay-Dress-Modern-8oz-wool-tartan-swatch_lg.jpg) is close, but it has more black in it.

Kloppo doesn't yet have the kind of effortless touchline elegance that will trouble Joachim Löw, but he is showing real potential.

Unfortunately his side rather fell out of the game after I proclaimed them to be playing well.

Getting back to the important stuff.....

Is it a muted check, or perhaps a more vibrant contrast, harking back to his team's luminous efforts of the 90s?

What sort of knot?

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Getting back to the important stuff.....

Is it a muted check, or perhaps a more vibrant contrast, harking back to his team's luminous efforts of the 90s?

What sort of knot?

The yellow is that of the current Dortmund kit - bright, but not the neon affair to which you refer.

For reasons unclear to this correspondent, the TV director is yet to broadcast a lingering shot of the scarf, but from the fleeting glimpses that we've been allowed I believe it to be a standard 'fold in half and tuck the end through' situation.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Tor!

2-2.

Unconfirmed reports of Kloppo kissing the scarf.

EDIT: Anyone watching will have just been treated to a good half-second of fine Ruhr valley tartan.

Woody1985
15-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I've got two coupons with 3 teams, had one with a draw and the other a Sevilla win

Mibbes Aye
15-12-2010, 08:20 PM
The yellow is that of the current Dortmund kit - bright, but not the neon affair to which you refer.

For reasons unclear to this correspondent, the TV director is yet to broadcast a lingering shot of the scarf, but from the fleeting glimpses that we've been allowed I believe it to be a standard 'fold in half and tuck the end through' situation.

I've emailed RTE and Canal+ in protest. I assume it's one of them that's covering it.

EDIT: Anyone watching will have just been treated to a good half-second of fine Ruhr valley tartan.

EDIT: Looks like my email got results :aok:

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Astonishing scenes: we've just been given a look at the Sevilla coach - he is sporting a veritable Technicolour Dreamscarf.

The lack of any first half footage of this monstrosity leads me to believe that the Spanish rogue has donned his neckwear at half-time in a misjudged attempt to upstage Kloppo.

A long shot of the two dugouts showed Jurgen looking disdainfully across at his opposite number, no doubt thinking, 'Get that awful scarf off, you dick.'

EDIT: I believe the Spanish scarfer is in fact the assistant manager, the manager is very soberly attired in the classic combination of shirt and tie with cheap plastic sports jacket. Both of them look like knobs.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I've just nipped out for a pint and the Liverpool game is on the tv.

Utrecht are modelling a rather fetching yellow and black strip too, but as yet, I have failed to spot any scarves or characters from children's stories.

Which is a pity.

I'll keep you posted if there are any developments.

Removed
15-12-2010, 08:40 PM
So boring its baby chat now :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:43 PM
So boring its baby chat now :rolleyes:

The amount that Torres is making, his bairn won't want for even the finest cashmere scarf.

Iggy Pope
15-12-2010, 08:48 PM
The amount that Torres is making, his bairn won't want for even the finest cashmere scarf.

Yer right. I've deleted that bollox myself.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:59 PM
2-2 FT.

The bold Dortmund head out of the Europa League. It may be in their best interest, allowing them to concentrate on romping to the Bundesliga title, but it is surely a sad day for midweek scarf aficionados.

Mibbes Aye
15-12-2010, 09:08 PM
2-2 FT.

The bold Dortmund head out of the Europa League. It may be in their best interest, allowing them to concentrate on romping to the Bundesliga title, but it is surely a sad day for midweek scarf aficionados.

:agree: A bit of Continental elan on the apparel accessories front brightens the midweek midwinter nights.

And there's a steely, pragmatic edge to the mittel Europeans that your Mourinhos or Mancinis will never quite get right

lapsedhibee
15-12-2010, 09:30 PM
And there's a steely, pragmatic edge to the mittel Europeans that your Mourinhos or Mancinis will never quite get right
I tink I had almost completely forgotten about Shabby Laszlo until that word. :boo hoo:

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 09:30 PM
:agree: A bit of Continental elan on the apparel accessories front brightens the midweek midwinter nights.

Erudite words as always.

Hopefully John Collins will soon be back on an SPL touchline, imparting a sorely missed sartorial grace.