PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of Hibs v Raith friendly on Hibs TV

Twiglet
15-12-2010, 06:39 PM
There's highlights on Hibs TV of a friendly that was played at ER the other day.

Finished 0-0, but it was nice to see the team playing again.

Anyone who's watched it, can you work out our team? I can work out some players, but they don't all seem to be wearing their own numbers. I'm sure someone's wearing number 7.
There are no names on the backs of the shirts so they could be anybody.

Can anyone help?

CapitalHibs
15-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Saw Rankin try a squiggler:rolleyes: Thought I also saw Zemmama (?) getting a shot off that went horribly wide... also Trakys missed a sitter but mind you, Raith missed an easy chance as well after Brown failed to cut out a cross. Looked like it was a first team Hibs line-up:dunno:

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Green shorts? :confused:

Billy
15-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Saw Rankin try a squiggler:rolleyes: Thought I also saw Zemmama (?) getting a shot off that went horribly wide... also Trakys missed a sitter but mind you, Raith missed an easy chance as well after Brown failed to cut out a cross. Looked like it was a first team Hibs line-up:dunno:

Unfortunately due to the sunshine you can't really see it, but Rankin's shot hits the junction of bar and post. T'was a good effort :thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
15-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately due to the sunshine you can't really see it, but Rankin's shot hits the junction of bar and post. T'was a good effort :thumbsup:

Was that Zemmama playing then, Billy?

Billy Whizz
15-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Where was the game played ER/East Mains?

CapitalHibs
15-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Easter Rd. Looks like there is about 4 feet of snow at East Mains.

HibeeMcGinn1
15-12-2010, 08:02 PM

pretty sure it is.

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 08:07 PM
pretty sure it is.
'Sources' say it most certainly is Zouma :wink:

CMac1988
15-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Look's like him but the HTV stream is s**** as usual. Any chance in them bumping up the quality of their streams?

Was it Ze' that took the last shot on the stream?

Twiglet
15-12-2010, 08:15 PM
pretty sure it is.

That's what I thought at first, but I thought he was out for a few more weeks so thought that he'd probably not be doing a bounce game either.
With the camera being further away than a normal match it's hard to identify everyone.

hibeeleicester
15-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Thought we played well! :thumbsup:

brog
16-12-2010, 09:30 AM
DR today says we also played St Johnstone & Fat Boab Malcolm played, for Saints fortunately!! Anyone with info on that game?

helsbels
16-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Game at Ravenscraig, everyone got 45 mins finished 2-1 to Hibs, Bryne & Wotherspoon scored in 2nd half.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Look's like him but the HTV stream is s**** as usual. Any chance in them bumping up the quality of their streams?

Nae chance! hence the reason I wouldn't waste my money again subscribing to it, for a major club we sure have ****** PR and this should be enticing people to buy the product not drive them away, poor all round imo

Golden Bear
16-12-2010, 10:55 AM

I thought it was Thicot but stand to be corrected of course.

Frogga
16-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought it was Thicot but stand to be corrected of course.

How bad is said stream?! :greengrin

SMAXXA
16-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Just sat and watched the Hibs Raith Rovers game at Easter Road the other day on Hibernian TV and it struck me how poor we looked. Granted no games for a few weeks etc but watching those highlights just reminded me not to get carried away with whatever we have to offer, just the way we played looked more hopefull than anything and got me thinking that compared to teams like Hearts and Motherwell we play with so little purpose at times its unreal. Im not having a go here but im glad I watched that cause its took my expectation levels right back down to what they should be based on watching Hibs this season. There was me thinking I cant wait to get back into after a few weeks off, eh back to reality me thinks.

Anyone else watch this, thoughts?

Cabbage1875
16-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I havent seen any of the match but I for one am disappointed if we lose/draw even in friendlies. We have to raise the standard be it in training, friendlies and ultimately on the pitch. Winning breeds winning even if it is in a bounce match!

truehibernian
17-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Just sat and watched the Hibs Raith Rovers game at Easter Road the other day on Hibernian TV and it struck me how poor we looked. Granted no games for a few weeks etc but watching those highlights just reminded me not to get carried away with whatever we have to offer, just the way we played looked more hopefull than anything and got me thinking that compared to teams like Hearts and Motherwell we play with so little purpose at times its unreal. Im not having a go here but im glad I watched that cause its took my expectation levels right back down to what they should be based on watching Hibs this season. There was me thinking I cant wait to get back into after a few weeks off, eh back to reality me thinks.

Anyone else watch this, thoughts?

True, but you have to put bounce games into context.

They are games to get some fitness and competitiveness back in to training, whilst at the same time not risking injuries or having the players blow themselves out prior to matchday Saturday.

Remember Raith are flying high in their league and I am quite sure John McGlynn and CC exchanged the old "let's play fair but not go diving in" type chat prior to the game. Makes no sense both sides going out all guns blazing. The purpose is to get players fit and match sharp for the competitive games.

Agreed it would be good to get into winning ways, whether it's friendlies or otherwise, but the positives are that Duffy and Zemmama are back training with the squad and big Trakys has shaken off his injury too.

brog
17-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Game at Ravenscraig, everyone got 45 mins finished 2-1 to Hibs, Bryne & Wotherspoon scored in 2nd half.

Thanks!! Byrne's back already then?

helsbels
17-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks!! Byrne's back already then?

No, not yet back in January, it was only a bounce game..

SMAXXA
17-12-2010, 12:23 PM
True, but you have to put bounce games into context.

They are games to get some fitness and competitiveness back in to training, whilst at the same time not risking injuries or having the players blow themselves out prior to matchday Saturday.

Remember Raith are flying high in their league and I am quite sure John McGlynn and CC exchanged the old "let's play fair but not go diving in" type chat prior to the game. Makes no sense both sides going out all guns blazing. The purpose is to get players fit and match sharp for the competitive games.

Agreed it would be good to get into winning ways, whether it's friendlies or otherwise, but the positives are that Duffy and Zemmama are back training with the squad and big Trakys has shaken off his injury too.

I agree you have to put them into context but I couldnt help feeling we looked poor against a team thats probably not played for as long if not longer than us. It doenst bother me too much TBH but kinda reminded me of how poor we have been and I had it in my head we were on the right road, silly me.

Good to see Zuma back tho, I think these bounce games are good and really usefull just would have expected us to put on a better performance, unless HI editied the silky soccer :greengrin

macca70
17-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Raith passed the ball about really well, Hibs were poor but as has been said above the main emphasis was on fitness and getting a run out.

Hibs played there strongest 11 1st half and mixed it up a bit in the 2nd.

erin go bragh
17-12-2010, 07:17 PM
spoke to the wee man on sunday at the panto inside the famous five stand and asked him when he will be back playing , his reply , very soon :agree:
GGTTH