PDA

View Full Version : Taxi for stokes

St.Kristopher
15-12-2010, 06:37 PM
http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/ExHibs-striker-hails-a-cab.6661332.jp:taxi

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Not a bad fare, methinks the cabbie didn't think the thing through. He's had a sixteen hour round trip, about £100 on fuel, and he'll have missed his shift today. Not quite the filthy lucre it seems.

legends of 73
15-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Not a bad fare, methinks the cabbie didn't think the thing through. He's had a sixteen hour round trip, about £100 on fuel, and he'll have missed his shift today. Not quite the filthy lucre it seems.

would have been a grand if it was me doing the job:greengrin

£600 must have been a desperado doing it,bet it was a mini-cab driver much cheapness

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2010, 06:53 PM
would have been a grand if it was me doing the job:greengrin

£600 must have been a desperado doing it,bet it was a mini-cab driver much cheapness

£2 a mile, minimum. :agree:

legends of 73
15-12-2010, 06:56 PM
£2 a mile, minimum. :agree:

unless you we're certain central drivers p402 p403 p404 they'd have done it for that and came back for their shift:greengrin:greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
15-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Well i for one am glad that this made the news papers. I believe that it is vital that we all know these things. God forbid what would have happened to us if this bombshell had been covered up:rolleyes:

steviecarnie
15-12-2010, 07:52 PM
its £600 set fair from manchester, we asked after a night out there in april - not gonna lie it was tempting when the thought of a 7am train and an hour lay over in york entered the conversation!

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 07:55 PM
So Stokes was guttered (as per) and wants a taxi home.

Wow. Captivating stuff from The Scotsman as per. No doubt The Sun or some other gutter tabloid will fill a few pages with this one. 'HOOPS FRONTMAN IN CAB FARE SHOCKER' I can see the headline already.

Ants
15-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Looks to me as thou he has his pals off and is gonna make a quick exit.

Frazerbob
15-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks to me as thou he has his pals off and is gonna make a quick exit.

Wait a minute, you're not suggesting Stokes was pished and fell out with his team mates are you? Surely not!

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Wait a minute, you're not suggesting Stokes was pished and fell out with his team mates are you? Surely not!
Anthony Stokes? Never. I'm certain nothing like this ever occured in any George Street establishment when he was a Hibs employee anyway.

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2010, 08:17 PM
This is further evidence of the widespread conspiracy to paint Celtic in a poor light. Surely the big news here is that an Irish immigrant can afford the taxi fare from London to West Lothian?

When are they going to write something positive about the 'tic? It's not as if he tried to bump the driver, and if he had four mates to share, it shows good business sense, after all it would only be £120 each to be driven home to their doors.

I hope they are not suggesting Stokes is down to his last £600. Headline: Hoops Star Down to £600 due to drink".

hibbie02
15-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Must of been on a promise.... :cool2:

essexhibee
16-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Calum Best a hollywood star? Behave!

Stokes - what an arse.

heretoday
16-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice to see Stokes shown up as a bit of a plonker.

steakbake
16-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Bloody newspapers. He may be an ex-Hibs man, but he's now playing for his "boyhood heroes". So why the "Ex Hibee's cab fare" story as opposed to "Hoops bawbag"...

--------
16-12-2010, 10:21 AM
So Stokes was guttered (as per) and wants a taxi home.

Wow. Captivating stuff from The Scotsman as per. No doubt The Sun or some other gutter tabloid will fill a few pages with this one. 'HOOPS FRONTMAN IN CAB FARE SHOCKER' I can see the headline already.

No, no, no - you're being very unfair to the lad.

He was 'exhausted'. 'Dead beat', even. We've all been there - the club 'source' says so, and who would doubt a 'source' speaking on behalf of the Greatest Football Club In The World?

He was probably worn out with doing all the Christmas good works he'd been doing. Going round hospitals and feeding the homeless and such.

Besides, when does anyone ever get poured out of a taxi and in their front door in the wee small hours in West Lothian? :cool2:

I'm not bitter. :rolleyes:

--------
16-12-2010, 10:23 AM
This is further evidence of the widespread conspiracy to paint Celtic in a poor light. Surely the big news here is that an Irish immigrant can afford the taxi fare from London to West Lothian?

When are they going to write something positive about the 'tic? It's not as if he tried to bump the driver, and if he had four mates to share, it shows good business sense, after all it would only be £120 each to be driven home to their doors.

I hope they are not suggesting Stokes is down to his last £600. Headline: Hoops Star Down to £600 due to drink".

From what I hear, Stokes doesn't HAVE four 'mates' - he has drinking buddies, and even they go off him as soon as the money runs out. :devil: