PDA

View Full Version : NHC imagine this...

GB6
15-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Can you imagine this happening in an under 12 game on a sunday morning or even at E.R :duck: must be pretty scary for a 12 year old to be playing in that atmosphere though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Ju8-AzH6I&feature=player_embedded#!

Kojock
15-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Can you imagine this happening in an under 12 game on a sunday morning or even at E.R :duck: must be pretty scary for a 12 year old to be playing in that atmosphere though
The kids looked like they were loving it and didnt appear intimidated at all. The Spurs kids were applauding the support at the end of the clip.
Thats the problem nowadays everybody wants to wrap poor little Johnny in cotton wool. KIds are a lot more resillient than people (mothers) give them credit for.

Killiehibbie
15-12-2010, 06:14 PM
They'd maybe get upset if they knew who mercer was:wink:

It would've been great to play in that kind of atmosphere, better than it being so quiet that you can hear somebodys dad telling you you're getting it if you take the ball off his son again.

Jay
15-12-2010, 06:24 PM

The kids looked like they were loving it and didnt appear intimidated at all. The Spurs kids were applauding the support at the end of the clip.

Thats the problem nowadays everybody wants to wrap poor little Johnny in cotton wool. KIds are a lot more resillient than people (mothers) give them credit for.

Really? Thats a bit sexist is it not.

hibsway
15-12-2010, 09:07 PM
st andrews flag in the crowd,scots get everywere :greengrin

RIP
15-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Great to see supporters wear the colours - kids game or no. Same with that basketball crowd

Still weird behaviour though for a laddies match

we are hibs
15-12-2010, 09:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Ju8-AzH6I&feature=player_embedded#!

other video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaEaHaAe5Y&feature=related

Stenny
15-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Thats how an indoor tourny should be :greengrin

great experience for the boys

easty
15-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Do you not have some washing up to be getting on with? :cool2:

Jay
15-12-2010, 11:36 PM

:greengrin

Jones28
16-12-2010, 12:03 AM
:tee hee:
[QUOTE=Mrs. S;2661402]

Kojock
16-12-2010, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Hot Shot Hamish;2661387]

Not sexist, just truthfull. Was watching an underage game at the park where I live. One boy was lying on the ground injured (nothing serious) his mother ran from the touchline, picked him up and carried him off cuddling and kissing him all the way off. The boy was mortified.

I have learned through experience never to come between a mother and her son.:wink:

MB62
16-12-2010, 09:50 AM
An ex work colleague of mine who has now returned to Poland, is a Lech Poznan fan. He did say the fans over there are crazy and this evidence seems to verify that :thumbsup:

Laddies never looked phased in the slightest when playing and loved thier applause of the fans at the end.
Also loved the linking of arms and the bounce - something the singing section could try and introduce :wink: :greengrin

Jay
16-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Not sexist, just truthfull. Was watching an underage game at the park where I live. One boy was lying on the ground injured (nothing serious) his mother ran from the touchline, picked him up and carried him off cuddling and kissing him all the way off. The boy was mortified.

I have learned through experience never to come between a mother and her son.:wink:

So that was one mother and we are all branded the same? Wow.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Looks brilliant to me. Would have loved to play with that kind of atmosphere at any age, never mind at under 12s.

It certainly makes a change from kids football here were the only 'atmosphere' is a couple of coaches who think they are Fergie for about 5 minutes before resorting to the immortal line in Scottish football 'just punt it to the big boy' and parents screaming ridiculous abuse and/or 'encouragement' at their bairns the whole game.

Kojock
16-12-2010, 10:27 AM
So that was one mother and we are all branded the same? Wow.

Nah that was only one example I could give you loads more regarding over protective mothers.

Jay
16-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Nah that was only one example I could give you loads more regarding over protective mothers.

I can give you a few of over protective fathers as well, one was a coach. I can also give you examples of both parents being way too hard on their boys too.

Kojock
16-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I can give you a few of over protective fathers as well, one was a coach. I can also give you examples of both parents being way too hard on their boys too.

You might call it that, others call it character building.

Jay
16-12-2010, 10:40 AM
You might call it that, others call it character building.

They might but they would be erses. Demoralising,abusive,confidence knocking and embarassing is a bit nearer the mark.

Kojock
16-12-2010, 10:48 AM
They might but they would be erses. Demoralising,abusive,confidence knocking and embarassing is a bit nearer the mark.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. (Proverbs 19:18)

Banning the belt and banning parental chastisement is the day this country went to the dogs.

marinello59
16-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. (Proverbs 19:18)

Banning the belt and banning parental chastisement is the day this country went to the dogs.

Yes. Let's bring back beating children. Whether they need it or not. It does nothing from the child but it does make bullying adults feel much better about themselves. :agree:

Jay
16-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Cool :thumbsup:

Lets just belt the kids when they miss a sitter I'll sign that petition, you set it up.

Together we fight, United we stand! (Jill 16:12)

Kojock
16-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes. Let's bring back beating children. Whether they need it or not. It does nothing from the child but it does make bullying adults feel much better about themselves. :agree:

Where did I mention beating children :confused:

Chastisement and beating are two entirely different entities

Pretty Boy
16-12-2010, 11:02 AM

:faf:

Kojock
16-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Cool :thumbsup:

Lets just belt the kids when they miss a sitter I'll sign that petition, you set it up.

Together we fight, United we stand! (Jill 16:12)

Now you getting the idea. :wink:

Jay
16-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Now you getting the idea. :wink:

I know and I thank you for my education. :greengrin

GB6
16-12-2010, 12:21 PM

Both mothers and fathers are as bad as eachother. Ive seen and dealt with the pushy parents from both sides (''my son is the best thing since sliced bread and is untouchable'') and as a coach you can feel the how dare you looks you get behind you when making a sub and its there kid coming off for someone else. Also ive came across other coaches who are equally as bad playing the same team week in week out not giving everyone a fair shot from under 11's down to under 9's when at that age it should be about everyone getting a fair shot and equal game time no matter how good bad or indifferent the kids are

Keith_M
16-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Who let the Daily Mail reader sign up?

:greengrin

Anyway, why not just send them up chimneys and have done with it? :wink:

Keith_M
16-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Attention Admins, the quoting system is knackered.

Hibee Daz
16-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm with HSH on this one, when I was a bairn and a lippy wee bassa at times and a clip around the lug never did me any harm! Neither did getting a fit up the erse from a random road worker when I was about 12ish, who just so happened to catch me sneaking up on an auld geezer and putting a sachet of itchy powder down the back of his neck!:devil:
I thoroughly deserved what I got and had no complaints at the time because, if my dad had caught me doing something like that the punishment would have been far worse!

Kids these days get away with murder, shouting all sorts of obscenities at adults as well as assaulting them too, this is the case for many professionals such as teachers/firemen and there is very little repercussion for these brats!
I myself used to work for a company contracted too the council and found myself working in some of the cities more run down areas, where myself and my colleagues where regularly swore at and pelted with stones by kids who where knee high too a grass hopper and Christ knows I wanted to belt the little bassas.

Before people start blaming the parents, I myself was lucky enough too have very good parents who taught me right from wrong from a very young age, but sometimes I was just a chancing little ****!

Jay
16-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm with HSH on this one, when I was a bairn and a lippy wee bassa at times and a clip around the lug never did me any harm! Neither did getting a fit up the erse from a random road worker when I was about 12ish, who just so happened to catch me sneaking up on an auld geezer and putting a sachet of itchy powder down the back of his neck!:devil:
I thoroughly deserved what I got and had no complaints at the time because, if my dad had caught me doing something like that the punishment would have been far worse!

Kids these days get away with murder, shouting all sorts of obscenities at adults as well as assaulting them too, this is the case for many professionals such as teachers/firemen and there is very little repercussion for these brats!
I myself used to work for a company contracted too the council and found myself working in some of the cities more run down areas, where myself and my colleagues where regularly swore at and pelted with stones by kids who where knee high too a grass hopper and Christ knows I wanted to belt the little bassas.

Before people start blaming the parents, I myself was lucky enough too have very good parents who taught me right from wrong from a very young age, but sometimes I was just a chancing little ****!

........and this is all kids? Every single 12 year old boy in the country? I dont think so. Stereotyping at its best!

marinello59
16-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Attention Admins, the quoting system is knackered.

No it ain't. It has just been used incorrectly.:wink:

Jay
16-12-2010, 01:30 PM

well whoever it was hasn't been disciplined enough as a child! Where's ma belt? :wink:

bawheid
16-12-2010, 01:33 PM

PTS usually fixes it....:I'm waiti

What are the rest of you doing? :greengrin

bawheid
16-12-2010, 01:34 PM
well whoever it was hasn't been disciplined enough as a child! Where's ma belt? :wink:

Can Macar still log in? :greengrin

marinello59
16-12-2010, 01:38 PM

I am not saying who did it but it was caused by Post number 2. Get the belt ready. :greengrin

PTS usually fixes it....:I'm waiti

What are the rest of you doing? :greengrin

Ok sire, I've fixed it. Any other jobs you want done while I am here.:greengrin

Hibee Daz
16-12-2010, 02:03 PM
........and this is all kids? Every single 12 year old boy in the country? I dont think so. Stereotyping at its best!

Your completely missing the point, I never once said that all kids or all 12 year old ones are bad.
What I was trying to say was that IMHO kids that are behaving exceptionally badly deserve on the spot immediate reprimanding so that they know what they've done is totally unexceptable, if you punish a kid too lightly or well after their bad behaviour they'll tend too think that they've gotten away with it!

This is just in my experience of kids mind you, not all but most of them are wee chancers, after all it's part of the childhood learning process.