PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near Braehead

derekHFC
15-12-2010, 10:22 AM
A family member is going to a concert at Braehead on Friday night and is looking to stay through there rather than have the hassle of travelling home.

Are there any cheap and cheerful hotels/B&B's nearby that would accept three 17/18 year old lads for one night?

H18sry
15-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Euro hostel next to Glasgow central 60 quid a night with breakfast in a quadruple room http://www.euro-hostels.co.uk/glasgow I'm staying there on Friday night after the James gig

derekHFC
15-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Euro hostel next to Glasgow central 60 quid a night with breakfast in a quadruple room http://www.euro-hostels.co.uk/glasgow I'm staying there on Friday night after the James gig

I feel for you mate. I stayed there in April for one night and it is the pits - i kid you not!! If you haven't paid, cancel and stay in Jury's across the road. Its worth paying a wee bit more knowing that you wont catch anything whilst in bed.

The place was disgusting, you sleep in bunk beds and the mice were fighting with me to get out the following day! If you have any females with you, i would definitely change as they will not like it.

ps. if you do stay there, there's a wee pizza place right opposite KFC where you get a cracking bit spicy chicken pizza!! Its between the Chinese buffet and The Cathouse (also to be avoided :greengrin)

H18sry
15-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I feel for you mate. I stayed there in April for one night and it is the pits - i kid you not!! If you haven't paid, cancel and stay in Jury's across the road. Its worth paying a wee bit more knowing that you wont catch anything whilst in bed.

The place was disgusting, you sleep in bunk beds and the mice were fighting with me to get out the following day! If you have any females with you, i would definitely change as they will not like it.

ps. if you do stay there, there's a wee pizza place right opposite KFC where you get a cracking bit spicy chicken pizza!! Its between the Chinese buffet and The Cathouse (also to be avoided :greengrin)

3 blokes just got it for £40 canceled then rebooked using FACEBOOK as the promotional code, we have stayed in worse having followed Scotland to places like Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine where there were hookers in the corridors and bullet holes in the walls.

Calvin
15-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Raving it up at Deadmau5 eh? Well we're driving through but if the snow is as bad as they say then we're staying at the Etap. £42 a night and the room can take three people.

I don't know of any hotels very close to Braehead, but at least the Etap is the right side of the river and £14 a head is decent!

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Stay in the Ibis on West Regent Street and get a taxi, thats what i do.

its only a 10min journey.

Ibis is pretty cheap and is a nice hotel.... been in many a nick there!

Cant believe im not going on friday... DAMN PREGNANT GF HOLDING ME BACK!!! :grr::devil:

cocopops1875
15-12-2010, 06:57 PM
pretty sure there is a travel lodge actually at braehead;-)

Calvin
15-12-2010, 07:18 PM
pretty sure there is a travel lodge actually at braehead;-)

So there is, they only have double rooms but it's a good shout.

Ants
15-12-2010, 07:46 PM
3 blokes just got it for £40 canceled then rebooked using FACEBOOK as the promotional code, we have stayed in worse having followed Scotland to places like Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine where there were hookers in the corridors and bullet holes in the walls.

I just love these 5 ***** establishments.
The highly reputable Balmoral is apparently doing a similar deal...............

H18sry
15-12-2010, 09:48 PM
:cool2:
I just love these 5 ***** establishments.
The highly reputable Balmoral is apparently doing a similar deal...............

It wiznae that funny when we googled bullet holes when sat in sportsters :cool2:

Calvin
16-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope you never booked anything :boo hoo:

Ritchie
17-12-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm selfishly delighted it's been cancelled.

All my mates booked their hotels months ago and didn't bother paying the extra £1.50 insurance invade of cancellations :greengrin

Think they are still going to head through and have a night out in the weeg

derekHFC
17-12-2010, 10:37 AM

Nope, he never :greengrin

I'm selfishly delighted it's been cancelled.

All my mates booked their hotels months ago and didn't bother paying the extra £1.50 insurance invade of cancellations :greengrin

Think they are still going to head through and have a night out in the weeg

Ouch!