PDA

View Full Version : NHC Blackpool vs Spurs

soproni1
15-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Having watched the weekends games where in almost all games (ICT vs Rangers aside) both sides played remarkably different styles. Bolton, Arsenal, Spurs (dare i say Motherwell) were committed to attack and attempt to win the game regardless of the other teams style through attcking football played along the ground (most of the time). Compared with Blackburn, Man Utd, Chelsea (not so much) and that team playin Motherwell - looked like Kilmarnock - being defensively solid, pressing the other team and trying to take their opportunities in broken play or on the counter attack.

Not that any of this is wrong/bad football/uninteresting but I must say I haven't looked forward to watching a game not involving either hibs or 2 other big clubs, as much as Blackpool against Spurs this Sunday.

Hopefully neither revert away from their attacking principles and it should be a really entertaining hour and a half.

Would be very refreshing to see two teams really try and win the game (almost like 2nd half of spurs chelsea this weekend)

Any thoughts?

Skanko79
15-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Having watched the weekends games where in almost all games (ICT vs Rangers aside) both sides played remarkably different styles. Bolton, Arsenal, Spurs (dare i say Motherwell) were committed to attack and attempt to win the game regardless of the other teams style through attcking football played along the ground (most of the time). Compared with Blackburn, Man Utd, Chelsea (not so much) and that team playin Motherwell - looked like Kilmarnock - being defensively solid, pressing the other team and trying to take their opportunities in broken play or on the counter attack.

Not that any of this is wrong/bad football/uninteresting but I must say I haven't looked forward to watching a game not involving either hibs or 2 other big clubs, as much as Blackpool against Spurs this Sunday.

Hopefully neither revert away from their attacking principles and it should be a really entertaining hour and a half.

Would be very refreshing to see two teams really try and win the game (almost like 2nd half of spurs chelsea this weekend)

Any thoughts?

couldnt agree more. going to have a wee fiver on 4-3 blackpool!

LancashireHibby
15-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Think Spurs will have too much for Blackpool, but I'm sure it'll be a belter if the Bolton-Spurs and Bolton-Blackpool games are anything to go by.