PDA

View Full Version : Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts dies

SteveHFC
14-12-2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-11996523

R.I.P Dale

Sylar
14-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Wonder if it'll turn out to be the result of another undetected heart defect?

Only 24 too - same age as me - what a shame :boo hoo:

NthCarolinaHibs
14-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Sad story and such a young age, RIP

HibeeMcGinn1
14-12-2010, 11:27 PM
RIP Dale

Lofarl
15-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Very sad. Such a young age to pass away. Rip.

HH81
15-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Wonder if it'll turn out to be the result of another undetected heart defect?

Only 24 too - same age as me - what a shame :boo hoo:

Someone has posted on a Halifax Town site it was the result of a car crash, unconfirmed yet though. Sad news :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
15-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Sky Sports News have been reporting this morning that he committed suicide.

Dale Roberts was the guy whose fiancee had an affair with his team mate, Paul Terry, earlier this year.

I'd hate to think it had anything to do with that.

It's extremely tragic that a 24 year old has lost his life. Only a week before Christmas as well.

Just very sad.

Mark79
15-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Is Paul terry not related to john Terry? If so must run in the family that. Shame if the guy has taken his own life as a result.

Pretty Boy
15-12-2010, 11:36 AM
It's been a sad year for the goalkeepers union after the tragic death of Robert Enke earlier in the year.

Horrible to hear of anyone dying so young.

RIP

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Is Paul terry not related to john Terry? If so must run in the family that. Shame if the guy has taken his own life as a result.

It is his brother.:rolleyes:

Gettin' Auld
15-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Someone has posted on a Halifax Town site it was the result of a car crash, unconfirmed yet though. Sad news :boo hoo:
Nope - He was found at home.........
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rushden_and_diamonds/9288758.stm

Cropley10
15-12-2010, 12:23 PM

You what? Are John and Paul Terry the only people ever to covert another man's girlfriend?

It's tragic that he has taken his life - but it takes two to tango, so if anyone should be feeling bad it's his ex - and I'm absolutely certain she will be...:grr:

seanraff07
15-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Pretty tragic, especially for a guy of his age.. RIP

trev the hat
15-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Very sad. Respects to his family from all at Hibernian.

Mark79
15-12-2010, 03:13 PM
You what? Are John and Paul Terry the only people ever to covert another man's girlfriend?

It's tragic that he has taken his life - but it takes two to tango, so if anyone should be feeling bad it's his ex - and I'm absolutely certain she will be...:grr:

I know that. But that family seem to be involved in everything is what I'm saying.

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I know that. But that family seem to be involved in everything is what I'm saying.
:agree::agree:

A drug-dealing Father, a shoplifting Mother and Sons like that?

Makes you wish you were a Terry, eh :rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
15-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Soon as i heard the news my heart sank and i felt genuinely guilty.

I went to watch AFC Wimbledon away at Rushden. He took a hell of alot of stick that day. And at that level you hear every word that is said. Fans are so close they can touch the back of the net. Fans screaming they will **** his missus etc. It obviously got to him because at the end of the game he gave the fans the V's and the ****** signs. I imagine that grief week in week out has got to much for him.

Maybe its not always "Banter". Fans should maybe have a think about songs they sing. Footballers are people too. :agree:

LancashireHibby
15-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Dreadful news and particularly harrowing as he was the same age as me and I know one or two lads who played alongside him at Alfreton.

RIP Dale.

SteveHFC
15-12-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338852/Rushden-Diamonds-goalkeeper-Dale-Roberts-hung-fiances-affair.html

Young goalkeeper hangs himself :boo hoo::boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
15-12-2010, 10:21 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338852/Rushden-Diamonds-goalkeeper-Dale-Roberts-hung-fiances-affair.html

Young goalkeeper hangs himself :boo hoo::boo hoo:

What a horrible, sleazy article. His body isn't even cold yet FFS. Absolutely no respect from the muppet responsible for writing such bile.

Cropley10
15-12-2010, 10:42 PM

You make sure you never ever chat up or worse/better anyone else's burd or you might end up being called Paul Terry.... :rolleyes:

Apparently him and his brother are the first people ever to do this...

.Sean.
16-12-2010, 11:32 AM
No, the Terry brothers are not the first to have done this. Though tell me, how many guys do you know who have actively pursued and bedded their so-called mates' bird?

Frogga
16-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Rip.

easty
16-12-2010, 11:47 AM
What a horrible, sleazy article. His body isn't even cold yet FFS. Absolutely no respect from the muppet responsible for writing such bile.

What shouldn't have been included in the article?

Tragic story, but I don't think the journalist has done anything wrong.

Keith_M
16-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Listen guys, there seems to be a lot of discussion on the ins and outs of this, without people knowing the full facts. Please try to keep this thread on track and dignified.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2010, 12:08 PM

A drug-dealing Father, a shoplifting Mother and Sons like that?

Makes you wish you were a Terry, eh :rolleyes:

You make sure you never ever chat up or worse/better anyone else's burd or you might end up being called Paul Terry.... :rolleyes:

No, the Terry brothers are not the first to have done this. Though tell me, how many guys do you know who have actively pursued and bedded their so-called mates' bird?

What shouldn't have been included in the article?

Tragic story, but I don't think the journalist has done anything wrong.

Guys

Can we please try to keep away from debating the merits of journalists, the morals of the Terry brothers and such like on this thread. If we want to do that can we please start another thread.

I appreciate it's the kind of subject that can get emotions running a bit high and i'm sure no one means any disrespect but i'm not sure this thread is the place for such arguments. This thread was started to inform us of some sad news and to allow people to express condolences. If it veers too much further away from the original aim then i'll close it and that's something i'd rather not do.

Cheers

easty
16-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Guys

Can we please try to keep away from debating the merits of journalists, the morals of the Terry brothers and such like on this thread. If we want to do that can we please start another thread.

I appreciate it's the kind of subject that can get emotions running a bit high and i'm sure no one means any disrespect but i'm not sure this thread is the place for such arguments. This thread was started to inform us of some sad news and to allow people to express condolences. If it veers too much further away from the original aim then i'll close it and that's something i'd rather not do.

Cheers

Come on Pretty Boy, theres not really an argument going on here, for the most part people are commenting that its a tragedy.

Nothings being said that could get the site in any kind of trouble (is there?).

Don't censor us, it's unnecessary.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Come on Pretty Boy, theres not really an argument going on here, for the most part people are commenting that its a tragedy.

Theres nothing being said that can get us into trouble as far as i'm aware.

As i said i don't want to close the thread and certainly not censor anyone. I'm just making people aware that IF it descends into an argument and strays well away from the original topic then the thread will be closed.

Sir David Gray
16-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Guys

Cheers

Theres nothing being said that can get us into trouble as far as i'm aware.

As i said i don't want to close the thread and certainly not censor anyone. I'm just making people aware that IF it descends into an argument and strays well away from the original topic then the thread will be closed.

I've got to agree with easty here.

None of the posts that you quoted in your first post had resorted to personal abuse.

There is a difference of opinion between certain people regarding the morals of the Terry brothers and since Terry snr was the one who had an affair with Dale Roberts' fiancee and the guy has now killed himself a few months after that affair was exposed, I think it's only natural that people will debate Paul Terry's role in the whole thing and since John Terry has done similar things in the recent past, it's no surprise that his name has come up as well.

To me, it's just like having a discussion in a pub. Somebody will mention something that they have seen on the news and then someone else will mention another point relating to the subject matter and then the discussion will keep going from there with people putting forward their point of view. Before you know it, you are talking about things that are only loosely connected to the original point that was brought up. I honestly don't see what the problem is with that, as long as no-one resorts to personal abuse or threats and that did not happen. I made that same point a month or so ago when I encountered a similar post from another admin, but unfortunately I didn't get a response.

What has happened with this young man is extremely tragic but I don't believe that anyone who has posted things on this thread about the Terrys or journalists had intended to insult Dale Roberts' memory, nor do I think that they have done so.

Have the rules changed in recent times with regards to strict regulations being enforced that state every post must be related to the opening post in the thread? The reason I ask is that it's not the first time that I have seen a post from an admin, in the last month or so, threatening to delete/move a thread that had shifted slightly from the original thread title, even although there had been absolutely no personal abuse handed out.

I am someone who is quite mindful of rules and regulations, so if things have changed then the forum rules page should be updated informing people of this as there is currently no mention of it forming part of the forum rules.

I would say that I am "seeking clarification" but I don't want to sound like Neil Lennon. :wink:

Iggy Pope
16-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Great shame and I would imagine that condolences would be widespread thoughout the footballing nation.

Also a shame that other circumstances had to be brought into it at all not least starting with some of the content of this thread. We should be able too note respects without acting like sweetie-wifies.

greenlex
17-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Where will we stand ona minutes silence?
Applause or Silence? Aknowledged it ir not?

BSEJVT
17-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Great shame and I would imagine that condolences would be widespread thoughout the footballing nation.

Also a shame that other circumstances had to be brought into it at all not least starting with some of the content of this thread. We should be able too note respects without acting like sweetie-wifies.

Agree entirely.

It is I think common practice for threads from other teams fan sites expressing condolensces to be passed to the family to show support.

Ask yourself if you were the family would you want all this raked up again at this time.

By all means debate the other issues but on another thread maybe?:grr:

Mark79
17-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Overreact.net as usual. I would imagine the family never seen the articles about it or that no one else thought the terrys are a right bunch.

I for one think it's an awful thing to happen. Made worse by what appears to be the reasoning.

Last I read this was a forum for individuals to comment. At no point was I in any way being insensitive?

BS44
18-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Was this the reason Grounds had a black armband on yesterday?

Mark79
19-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah. Must have played at boro together. I think I read that he was there.

hibiedude
19-12-2010, 07:46 AM

It wasn't just anybody's burd it was his team team mates burd and in his own home.

The Terry family are rotten to the core

A real tragedy and my sympathies go to his family.

R.I.P

Dunbar Hibee
20-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Was this the reason Grounds had a black armband on yesterday?

Aye:agree: