:greengrin

markom127
14-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I give in, how many?

Prob about 20 - 25,000 :greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
14-12-2010, 09:37 PM
What is it with Sproule? Really?

I don't want him back, i'd rather we unearthed another player who's not past his best if i'm honest. There are tons of players through the leagues i'm sure we can pick out someone better than him.

Sorry rant over! :greengrin

Saorsa
14-12-2010, 09:38 PM

I don't want him back, i'd rather we unearthed another player who's not past his best if i'm honest. There are tons of players through the leagues i'm sure we can pick out someone better than him.

Sorry rant over! :greengrinProbably true but then again I'd rather have him than some of what we've got now.

Thecat23
14-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Probably true but then again I'd rather have him than some of what we've got now.

I'd rather play some of the boys from the Sunday team than what we have now. I just wish people would see past former players mate. He wasn't even that good that's the thing. At best an impact player.

markom127
14-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Sorry rant over! :greengrin

Yes i'm sure there are better players but Ivan has been here and knows what the fans want

marinello59
14-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes i'm sure there are better players but Ivan has been here and knows what the fans want

I have been to ER loads of times and I know what the fans want. There are better players about than me but I will take my boots along for the next home game, just in case. :greengrin

markom127
14-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I have been to ER loads of times and I know what the fans want. There are better players about than me but I will take my boots along for the next home game, just in case. :greengrin

To be fair any fan could take their boots along with a chance of a game right now

Lofarl
14-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Hello Ivan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thecat23
14-12-2010, 09:52 PM

Every player should know what the fans want.. Goals, Wins. Yes he's played here but its very rare a player to find the form they had first time around, but Ivan wasn't that good first time though.

Would you rather we tried to find another young promising player, or go back to Ivan who (i'm assuming) has lost a bit pace and wasn't that great anyway?

LaMotta
14-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Every player should know what the fans want.. Goals, Wins. Yes he's played here but its very rare a player to find the form they had first time around, but Ivan wasn't that good first time though.

Would you rather we tried to find another young promising player, or go back to Ivan who (i'm assuming) has lost a bit pace and wasn't that great anyway?

He was great :grr:

No idea if he is now though.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to see Ivan back and I would sign him in a minute.

I hope the rumours of his return in January are accurate and not just some bored journalist looking up this message board.

He would give the whole place such a lift and he would be the ideal signing for me.

If he does come back, I might even do something that I haven't done for about 10 years and get Sproule on the back of my shirt.

Absolutely love the guy and I was gutted when he left.

sleeping giant
14-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I'd rather play some of the boys from the Sunday team than what we have now. I just wish people would see past former players mate. He wasn't even that good that's the thing. At best an impact player.

:hilarious

Dalianwanda
14-12-2010, 10:52 PM
no thanks

since90plustwo
14-12-2010, 11:15 PM
might not be the greatest player, but he showed for us what noone seems to show atm, heart. he always tried hard and played for the jersey, fans lovehim, bring an extra bit of revenue in, why not if we can get him on the cheap

Thecat23
15-12-2010, 09:12 AM
:hilarious

I don't get why you think it's funny? 71 game 12 goals. Not exactly great. His hat-trick at Ibrox was a joy to watch, but other than that nothing else really sticks out. Just my opinion though if he did come back i'd support the lad, I just think there are better players to be found.

J-C
15-12-2010, 09:29 AM
At least we know that wee Ivan has some balls, will get stuck in and put in a shift, something lacking from a good few of thew player right now, we need some heart back at the club.

Hibercelona
15-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't get why you think it's funny? 71 game 12 goals. Not exactly great. His hat-trick at Ibrox was a joy to watch, but other than that nothing else really sticks out. Just my opinion though if he did come back i'd support the lad, I just think there are better players to be found.

He may have not scored many himself. But how many goals did he play a part in?

Thecat23
15-12-2010, 09:33 AM
At least we know that wee Ivan has some balls, will get stuck in and put in a shift, something lacking from a good few of thew player right now, we need some heart back at the club.

I agree we are really lacking in someone who can stick a tackle in and get himself about. I think CC though could find a player or two capable of that without it being Ivan. Well i would hope he can. Whatever happens we need at least three or four players to improve the side.

mim
15-12-2010, 09:34 AM
God, no. Why would I want him back?

I'm too old to be getting over-excited, jumping to my feet, screaming like a banshee every time the ball is played to him.

The last thing we need is pace and excitement. Right? :wink:

truehibernian
15-12-2010, 09:35 AM

Totally agree with the last part mate, but it's not Ivan we need back for that. We would get the same effort, energy and skill from a younger player. Gibson and Cardle at Dunfermline say.......Hayes at ICT.......young Leigh at Dundee.

Would be a backward step bringing the wee man back IMHO. As a club we need to move on from the past and crack on with creating a totally fresh squad. And also give them time, that's crucial.

Thecat23
15-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Totally agree with the last part mate, but it's not Ivan we need back for that. We would get the same effort, energy and skill from a younger player. Gibson and Cardle at Dunfermline say.......Hayes at ICT.......young Leigh at Dundee.

Would be a backward step bringing the wee man back IMHO. As a club we need to move on from the past and crack on with creating a totally fresh squad. And also give them time, that's crucial.

Pretty much spot on.

J-C
15-12-2010, 09:39 AM

I see what you're saying, I was replying to the OP, remember Ivan left because of Collins not because he wanted to leave, we need players who actually want to play for Hibs , not just cause the money is better than where they are right now.

Whether it's Sproule or someone else, they need to be at ER for the right reasons.

ahibby
15-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Not me and if he did he would be bit part.

soproni1
15-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Why Not - he may not be the most talented player but the level of excitement when he picked up the ball in a bit of space is what being a football fan is all about. If he's not as good - then so be it. But look what Skacel is doing since he went back to the pink team.

aberhibsfc
15-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Spartacus says yes too.

Andy74
15-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Even as a squad player at least we could look to the bench and see something vaguely attacking and interesting.

For those that say we shouldn't look back I'd suggest Murray and Riordan are doing okay are they not?

A year ago I'd have said no thanks but we badly need some sort of unpredictability, pace and energy.

Maybe Adams will get us Gardyne though, looked a good wee player with some of the same qualities.

Franck is God
15-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Sproule was one of the best impact subs I can remember at ER but never thought he was worth a start in the squad he was part of.

However now I think he would make our current first team better so might be a very good signing.

Also for what its worth Collins didn't get rid of him, Sproule was told he would not be a first pick for the first team and Gary Johnson said he would be for him and offered a large pay rise, as its turned out he has been on the bench for the majority of his time down there too.

hibsbollah
15-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Sproule was one of the best impact subs I can remember at ER but never thought he was worth a start in the squad he was part of.

However now I think he would make our current first team better so might be a very good signing.

Also for what its worth Collins didn't get rid of him, Sproule was told he would not be a first pick for the first team and Gary Johnson said he would be for him and offered a large pay rise, as its turned out he has been on the bench for the majority of his time down there too.

Correct:agree: And as much as I like Ivan, Collins was right. Ivan was always far better coming on after an hour against a tired full back.

erskine-hibby
15-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Far too many picky people on here for me.
OK he may not be the best player ever and yes he may be a bit past his best, but, he is the kind of player we need more of. Gives 100%, 100% of the time. Plays for the jersey and excites the fans.
So yes! I would take him back.

Cropley10
15-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we re-signed Ivan.

He's on loan at Yoevil, not ripping up trees in the CCC.

Time to move on, time to look elsewhere, time to unearth the next Ivan, not the old one.

Jim44
15-12-2010, 02:12 PM
What all the sceptics should remember is that if Calderwood does go after Sproule, he won't be doing it to satisfy the nostalgia of the supporters. It'll be because he thinks he will be a worthwhile signing.

Owain_1987
15-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Speaking to Cardiff fans they said Sproule was one of the best players on the pitch when they played earlier in the season and still very fast.

forthhibby
15-12-2010, 02:15 PM
What all the sceptics should remember is that if Calderwood does go after Sproule, he won't be doing it to satisfy the nostalgia of the supporters. It'll be because he thinks he will be a worthwhile signing.

:agree:

Ernie Cobra
15-12-2010, 03:50 PM
How many people want ivan back?

NOT IN MY NAME"!!!:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2010, 04:01 PM

:hmmm:

Ivan was a luxury we could afford at the time, I don't think he would fit in with what's needed this season, we are battling away at the lower end of the league.

Will this do?

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 04:18 PM
seriously.....

hibs.net = http://www.parentpreviews.com/legacy-pics/groundhog_day.jpg

jdships
15-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Ivan was a luxury we could afford at the time, I don't think he would fit in with what's needed this season, we are battling away at the lower end of the league.

Will this do?

Think you , sums up the "situation" perfectly :thumbsup:
Nice guy , know him quite well but can't let my heart rule my head - sorry

sleeping giant
15-12-2010, 04:40 PM

You said he wasn't that good !
Ivan WAS good IMO. Not many players in the past few years got the whole crowd off their erse when they were on the ball.

I've already said in another thread that i hope he doesnt come back. We (the fans) would ruin him and the good memories from a few years ago.

To say "he wasn't even that good" though..............................:rolleyes:

He was exciting ,passionate and only had one thought when he got the ball.

Who have we had since that done that ?
Stokes at a push ??

I don't even think we are interested in him. I would be surprised if he is a priority for CC.

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 05:02 PM
You said he wasn't that good !
Ivan WAS good IMO. Not many players in the past few years got the whole crowd off their erse when they were on the ball.

I've already said in another thread that i hope he doesnt come back. We (the fans) would ruin him and the good memories from a few years ago.

To say "he wasn't even that good" though..............................:rolleyes:

He was exciting ,passionate and only had one thought when he got the ball.

Who have we had since that done that ?
Stokes at a push ??

I don't even think we are interested in him. I would be surprised if he is a priority for CC.

100% correct.

I'd be surprised if Ivan has even crossed CC's mind.

Brads Laing
15-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Me :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Me :agree:

Big Frank
15-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we re-signed Ivan.

He's on loan at Yoevil, not ripping up trees in the CCC.

Time to move on, time to look elsewhere, time to unearth the next Ivan, not the old one.

Agree with this.

Forward Hibs!

Viva_Palmeiras
15-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Can anyone point to the quote where Ivan says come and get me or I want to return to Hibs?

He responded courtesly regarding Hibs and said he wouldn't rule out a return IIRC but thats not the same thing is it?